• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Glorious! So glad they don't seem to have skimped on the animation front (at least in the beginning). Here's hoping censors don't kill it!

ideally if censors kill it cruncyroll can cut some sort of deal to get the uncensored version like they currently do for agami ga kill.

Oh holy shit this Queen is a cute.
qrkc21o.jpg
Miyukichi of the season.

Clov

Gatchaman Crowds 12 END

HLWatjM.gif

WHAT?
EXPLAIN THINGS!

It's unfortunate, but you won't be able to find the director's cut of the final episode on Crunchyroll. It adds around 15 minutes of new footage that gives the anime a proper ending. It absolutely should be watched, though!

As for next season, there's a lot of things I'm interested in. I think I'll pick up the following:

Amagi Brilliant Park
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
Gundam: G no Reconguista
Hitsugi no Chaika 2
Mushishi
Parasyte
Psycho-Pass 2
Ronia the Robber's Daughter
Shirobako
Sora no Method

You're watching AnoHana. Oh man!

Apparently this is the show that needs to be sandwiched between two comedies in order for someone to handle it.

Nothing particularly feels-worthy has happened yet, but hey, only the second episode.

The only character I like so far is Poppo. Only living character that seems super happy in this show.

Ojamajo Doremi - 9

So I remember in the 4Kids version the whole "magical stage" thing was actually some super cheesy thing called "Perfect Harmony". They couldn't have been more in-your-face-power-of-friendship about it if they tried.

Thankfully here, it's just a variation of the girl's spell chants. It's much more charming and NOT ear-gratingly painful to listen to.

JoeFu

Banned
I know for sure I'm watching Log Horizon and probably Chaika since I watched season 1 and found it entertaining, especially the music. Will try Parasyte based on the PV just posted, looked interesting. Rest I'm gonna read impressions that you guys post or just whatever catches my eye. I'll probably end up with 6-8 shows again like I always do...

Hrm fall season... What to watch...

Will watch
Psycho-pass 2
Log Horizon 2

Will try:
Fate/Stay Night: UBW
Parasyte (Based off that PV it might be fun for the lols)
Ronia the Robber's Daughter
Trigger's new anime

Wait what the fuck, Parasyte is getting an anime? When was this announced!?

Forget what I just said, THAT'S going to be AOTS provided it's adapted well.

mankoto

Apparently this is the show that needs to be sandwiched between two comedies in order for someone to handle it.

Nothing particularly feels-worthy has happened yet, but hey, only the second episode.

The only character I like so far is Poppo. Only living character that seems super happy in this show.
It'll come... And then movie brings it all back and then some

Blusby

I just hope that Parasyte gets three cours, I can't imagine them wrapping it up in two without some heavy rushing. Besides that though I loved how it looked, I can't wait to see the fights.

sonicmj1

Even if all the shows I'm hopeful about turn out awful (in order of hope: Shirobako, Amagi Brilliant Park, Psycho-Pass 2, Parasyte, Gundam Reconquista), there will still be Mushishi, Log Horizon, and Gundam Build Fighters, which are all pretty sure things.

Blusby

More Parasyte cast revealed:

Kimishima Kana: Sawashiro Miyuki
Tachikawa Yuko: Anno Kisei Ayano
Suzuki Akiho: Maeda Reina
Tamiya Ryoko: Atsuko Tanaka (Oh hell yes, best girl voiced by best seiyuu)
Urakami: Hiroyuki Yoshino

Defuser

A autumn chart.

http://i.imgur.com/CNPmKel.jpg

Database database....

Not much else though. Looking like a pretty shitty season.

Psycho Pass S2
Log Horizon S2
Hitsugi no Chaika S2
Amagi Brilliant Park
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
Gundam: G no Reconguista
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Inou-Battle wa Nichijoi-kei no Naka de
Trinity Seven
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Nanatsu no Taizai
Terra Formars
Ookami Shoujou to Kuro Ouji
Denki-Gai no Honya san

Man, ever since this year spring season went to shit, summer and autumn season went to be awesomesauce.

More Log Horizon yay!! DATABASE DATABASE!!

Blusby

Gonna watch next season:

-Akatsuki no Yona
-Amagi Brilliant Park
-Donten ni Warau
-Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
-Garo
-Grisaia
-Gundam Build Fighters S2
-Gundam: G no Reconguista
-Hitsugi no Chaika S2
-Inou-Battle
-Madan no Ou to Vanadis
-Magic Kaito
-Nanatsu no Taizai
-Parasyte
-Psycho Pass 2
-Sanzaku no Musume Ronja
-Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
-Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis
-Terra Formars

Mokoi

Banned
lol sleep? Don't lie dude. you don't sleep ever.

I do get sleep! Well actually sometimes I do.

Ah fuck, just realized Parasyte is going to be censored as fuck. Can't image them showing something as gory as this on tv.

Gonna be black screens everywhere :(

Ahh now my excitement just died. Not familiar with the source, but yeah I can see them censoring the hell out of this show. Also now I'm going to go read this.

zulux21

Love Lab 1

hmmm does this image sum up my thoughts?

I suppose it doesn't... but at the same time I didn't find the first episode funny.... that being said I at least don't mind Riko, and I liked that her hairband kept changing... maki on the other hand I am unsure if she will grown on me or if I will end up wishing she went through with it

either way I found her in general annoying... but with less time focused on her and more characters to play off of (since it seems like the student console is going to get back together) she could end up being ok.

The glimpse of the shy first year we got wasn't very positive for me, but on the other side the glimpse of the treasurer we got has me having some hopes for that character.

My final thoughts though, at least through a single episode, Nozaki-kun is way more amusing. But love lab was alright and at the very least you wouldn't have to twist my arm to make me watch episode 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom