• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
D-Frag was awesome. Never read the manga but thoroughly enjoyed the anime. Pretty hilarious. You should watch it Cajun!

After a day of festivities for me and my baby brother's upcoming birthdays, it's time to watch some anime
Sailor Moon Crystal 4
An alright episode aside from no new sailor guardian. More focus on Tuxedo Mask, and introduction of the four kings. The burned-up tiara is a pretty odd detail to point out. I would figure it would magically reappear without feelings of love

TUSR

Banned
Tatsuya is swagging out of control in this episode
lBq3Uv0.jpg

Shirou sexism is pretty much non existent in UBW (the route this anime is actually adapting), and his whole character get's properly developed and fleshed out as why he is the way he is. He's actually by far the most well developed and interesting character in the show believe it or not.
He's battle with Archer his future self I consider the highlight of the whole VN

The Fate route which the Deen anime is based rightly gets as much shit as it does (generally why it's by far considered the worst route). But his character is very interesting.

Unless you've read the VN, then I wouldn't quite understand your view point.

I've read the vn. And i still highly disliked Shirou. One route he's sexist the other it felt like a shonen power trip since he was useless in one route. Didn't mind him too much on heavens feel but I was probably just trying to finish the story. The saving women with the penis comment still stands though.

I just heavily dislike the characters in FSN vs FZ though outside of the Lancer in FSN. Maybe the Berserker is decent. The rest were uninspired for me, at the very least design wise. Shirou's wardrobe at least looks decent in the Ufotable anime. But Taiga will be in this.

Also unlike many here I don't like Rin that much. Funny cause I usually like the tsundere.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura 06

That's one of the sweetest
there really was a ghost all along
endings I've seen. My day has been bookended with kittens and loving mothers, and overall, it's pretty sweet. Tomoyo's insistence on everything, including ghost hunting, makes her pretty amazing. And Kero seems to have caught onto the general fashion trend that the future means we'll have big shoulder pads. Even the dead are at peace in this show. I haven't seen a magical girl show this calm since Umi Monogatari.

TUSR

Banned
That was probably one of the weaker episodes of Mahouka. I know it's all for setup, but Onii-sama didn't really do anything.

HappinessCharge Precure 28

The French have been suffering heavy damage from Saiark attacks, which kept escalating to the point that even French Precure Antoinette could not keep up with the Macaroon'd fiend. But wait, who is that in the distance? It's Cure Honey! Saving the day by restocking the French's power supply! And also known to have been saving the world on her own, without the HappinessCharge Precures simply because she's there to lend support.

THIS my friends, is the face and embracement of Cure Honey, otherwise known as Yuuko Omori

Cure Honey's antics around the world has graced Precure like never before, as not only have we been graced by Brown Precures, we later find out that they are actually SIBLINGS! First time ever, SIBLING PRECURES
HC doesn't count
that are currently active in this world! AND ALL IT COST US WAS SOME STEAK AND EGGS

*Aloha Precures get 2D Stock footage, as well as 2D finisher* *SMC gets CG transformations*

vZUonHz.jpg

I've read the vn. And i still highly disliked Shirou. One route he's sexist the other it felt like a shonen power trip since he was useless in one route. Didn't mind him too much on heavens feel but I was probably just trying to finish the story. The saving women with the penis comment still stands though.

I just heavily dislike the characters in FSN vs FZ though outside of the Lancer in FSN. Maybe the Berserker is decent. The rest were uninspired for me, at the very least design wise. Shirou's wardrobe at least looks decent in the Ufotable anime. But Taiga will be in this.

Also unlike many here I don't like Rin that much. Funny cause I usually like the tsundere.
I have lost all faith.

I found Archer(Rin) and Rin to be the most interesting characters of F/SN.
I also found Shirou to be a more interesting of a MC than his father simply because he actually has development and you learn some stuff about the path he's taking in life and how Kiritsugu's stupid ideals fucked up Shirou.

Ojamajo Doremi - 10

Pretty uneventful episode. Aside from the parents now knowing what the trio is doing, nothing much happened, even by Doremi standards.

I mean, it's obvious the girls wouldn't get caught in the magic act now, otherwise the show'd be over!

Articalys

Huh.
Well, to each his own I guess.
It certainly wasn't a bad episode, just felt a little different from the other ones. I can see how people would like it a lot.
?
Are you commenting more on the fact that I really liked this episode in particular or that I think the series as a whole is closer to average?

SAO II Episode 7

Who ISNT trying to fuck Kirito now? I'm surprised Friend Zone Kid isnt trying to get in on the harem as well (though he had a thing for him briefly when he thought Kirito was a chick)

I dont remember half the people in ALO. The blonde is the sister that wants to fuck her Onii san, Asuna is the blue haired chick, and Klein is klein. Who are everyone else?

This show is just bad. Not enjoyable bad, but just awful. I couldnt help but laugh at that recurring red balloon. Like, why?

Aldnoah Zero

Inaho gives no fucks. He just gets shit done.

Plus, it seems he's getting a new more powerful robot. :D

Aldnoah.Zero Fucks

Let no fucks be given, though the heavens fall

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit

Tokyo ESP 6
A martial arts master named Roshi who's also perverted, how original. Rinka is downtrodden since she couldn't save everyone and a looming mutant Esper revolution. Not very exciting episode. Also, final team member introduced.

Defuser

Mahouka ep 20
This is really mahouka?! There's no Miyuki or any 'Onii-sama' words.

Man, best girl Mayumi and Tatsuya alone scene makes the whole episode worth it.

sol_bad

I just finished watching Angel Beats.
I didn't think much of it for the first 3 episiodes but by the 4th I was dedicated. The show actually made me tear up 2 or 3 times.The ending felt so good!
Does the OVA add anything to the story?

Narag

I just finished watching Angel Beats.
I didn't think much of it for the first 3 episiodes but by the 4th I was dedicated. The show actually made me tear up 2 or 3 times.The ending felt so good!
Does the OVA add anything to the story?

One is like an extra episode that doesn't add much, other is short and kinda nice.

HappinessCharge Precure 28

The French have been suffering heavy damage from Saiark attacks, which kept escalating to the point that even French Precure Antoinette could not keep up with the Macaroon'd fiend. But wait, who is that in the distance? It's Cure Honey! Saving the day by restocking the French's power supply! And also known to have been saving the world on her own, without the HappinessCharge Precures simply because she's there to lend support.

THIS my friends, is the face and embracement of Cure Honey, otherwise known as Yuuko Omori

Cure Honey's antics around the world has graced Precure like never before, as not only have we been graced by Brown Precures, we later find out that they are actually SIBLINGS! First time ever, SIBLING PRECURES
HC doesn't count
that are currently active in this world! AND ALL IT COST US WAS SOME STEAK AND EGGS

*Aloha Precures get 2D Stock footage, as well as 2D finisher* *SMC gets CG transformations*

vZUonHz.jpg

Ok i'm hyped...
Cure honey manages to be in a league of her own and she isn't even a& CURE that has some special skillls some haxxor habilities. Best surprise of hapiness charge no doubt.

Shergal

Ojamajo Doremi - 10

Pretty uneventful episode. Aside from the parents now knowing what the trio is doing, nothing much happened, even by Doremi standards.

I mean, it's obvious the girls wouldn't get caught in the magic act now, otherwise the show'd be over!

Yeah, this is one of the very few episodes I'd deem as skippable.

The show is still a bit restrained in what it does by this point, it hasn't shown its full potential yet. I think the point where I started consistently enjoying it on a higher level was around episode 20. It hits it stride and never looks back. Not to say there aren't good episodes until then, of course!

Barakamon - 7

I liked this episode more than the others because the healing aspect seemed plausible to me for once. I got a few chuckles out of it as well, at least more than usual.

Blusby

I have lost all faith.

I found Archer(Rin) and Rin to be the most interesting characters of F/SN.
I also found Shirou to be a more interesting of a MC than his father simply because he actually has development and you learn some stuff about the path he's taking in life and how Kiritsugu's stupid ideals fucked up Shirou.
Archer and Rin were great, though Kotomine and Illya simply steal the scene everytime they appear, I honestly couldn't get behind the cast of Zero that much because they'd either be boring or juvenile outside of Kerry, Kirei, Saber, Team Rider, and Gil. Characters like Ryuunosuke, Giles, and Kariya while I got what Gen was trying to say with them felt even moreso overcompensating than the garbage elements of the Heaven's Feel route. I really groaned whenever someone that wasn't of teams Saber/Rider/Wine-drinking appeared on screen, it felt like Gen simply didn't bother to flesh more than half of the cast out.

Sailor Moon Crystal 4

Call me part of the problem, but I honestly am preferring this more serious plot focus adaptation of Sailor Moon even if it does take a few liberties with the manga canon story over the comedic and episodic original anime. I also really don't miss Rei being the hot headed rival for Usagi and enjoy her as the more sheltered character who acts far more like a shrine maiden.

Yeah derp faces and animation abound, but overall I find myself more engrossed in this then I have after 28 episodes of the original anime.

SAO s2 e7

This plot line about Kirito feeling guilty over the people he killed in SAO is literally the biggest pile of awful this show has ever done. I truly do not give a shit at all just get back to the game. We are 7 episodes into this show and we've spent more time fucking around IRL then actually being in GGO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom