• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansoku

I just want to say that I'm fucking loving Aldnoah.Zero soundtrack. It goes from "fits perfectly" to "hilariously out of place but still damn good". In fact this season have lots of good OST

DominoKid

did Utena ever get a proper dub? it seems like it would've fit right in on Toonami back in the day from the few eps I've seen so far.

i can see why yall brought it up so much in Star Driver and KLK convos.

Syrinx

did Utena ever get a proper dub? it seems like it would've fit right in on Toonami back in the day from the few eps I've seen so far.

I have to disagree that Utena would be a Toonami show. Though I think this will become more apparent later on.

And as far as I know, no it never received a dub that did it justice. Nozomi's release uses the old (and from what I'm told, shitty) dub IIRC.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It was dubbed, although I don't know if you would call it "proper".
It's included with Rightstuf's release of the series.

Why bother with a series that doesn't feature tentacles in every episode?
elpAeBF.jpg

Elfen Lied 5-7

Maya, what the hell are you doing? Beyond that, the Professor's much needed end got a big laugh out of me. And I can't wait for some backstory involving Kohta.

Is it weird that I eagerly anticipate Bandoh losing his manhood before he's eventually killed?

Midonin

Rail Wars 07

So we have a character who wants to be an engineer, only he's really working towards it. And he's not the only one who can do it, either. He was inspired, not forced into it. A conscious choice. No more beating around the bush, I like Naoto more than Tatsuya by a wide margin. He's perfectly competent when it comes to railway knowledge. That won't make people explode, but it's useful. The passion displayed for the antique train shows that. And even as the show treks on, the plot is making sense. This follows up on the reckless action from episode 5, and everything is driven by the characters. The fanservice was there, but there wasn't even that much of it. I like this show more than the general consensus seems to be, and that's because of more than Toqger jokes and Haruka. Animation aside, I feel it's doing a lot of things right.

Quasar

Mahouka 20 - I'm really quite liking this arc already, even now its its my favourite. Probably because it gives more of a feel of the wider world than just the school and students.

SAO2 7 - Liked it. Liked seeing that the rest of the cast. Nice seeing Klein with the rest of the crew. Now all I need to see is Agil.

Barakamon 7 - Now its up the where I'd sampled the manga up to. Enjoyed this. And that whole episode with them losing the fish reminded me so much of an incident from my childhood when i was still learning to tie hooks properly.

Quasar

SAO s2 e7

This plot line about Kirito feeling guilty over the people he killed in SAO is literally the biggest pile of awful this show has ever done. I truly do not give a shit at all just get back to the game. We are 7 episodes into this show and we've spent more time fucking around IRL then actually being in GGO

I consider that a feature not a bug. But then I have little interest in combat scenes, except if they are brief and in service of the story.

AnoHana - 5

Boring episode. 80% of it was uninteresting drama almost unrelated to the main ghost story.

I can't say that I'm all that invested in the main drama here because it feels really obvious on how this is all going to go down.

Menma's wish was probably for the gang to laugh and enjoy themselves together again and move on. These five episodes I've seen have made me very much aware that these guys haven't exactly gotten over it yet.

And when they do, it's probably going to culminate in them being all sad with them all being able to see Menma as she fades off into the after life.

I'd like to be proven wrong on this. But right now the entirety of this show feels like someone looked at a tiny portion Fuko's arc from Clannad and said: "Hey! Let's base our show around that!"

Syrinx

Aria: The Natural 26

Loved the beginning of this episode with the slowly paced OP with only the piano accompaniment. Really set a great atmosphere with the shots of Neo-Venezia covered with snow.

Alicia's explanation for what she wanted to become when she was younger wasn't quite what I thought it would be. I'm not entirely sure what I thought that would mean; I guess that she was trying to get Akari's mind off such a heavy question since she thinks Akari was already such a great person that she shouldn't have that sort of crisis. I don't know why I got that impression though, since Alicia is there to both nurture Akari's personality and help her grow, and has done both. Starting the snowball was just the best way to get Akari to experience what Alicia had felt when she was younger and decided that meeting all these different people was what she wanted to do. Just like Akari.

Alicia teasing at the end that Akari will become a Prima at some t. And I figure that Origination will go down this route and the ultimate end will be their "graduation" of sorts. But I've said it before and I think it bears repeating: not once during this series did I ever get impatient and wonder "When are they gonna advance in their Undine studies, already". And that this is one of the first times that I can say that the plot for this show has made very very little progression from the beginning, and that I'm perfectly comfortable and okay with that. It helps a lot that even despite lack of plot, the main three have made significant character development.

So if this show works up toward their becoming Primas, I'm sure it'll be great. But this show can keep doing exactly what it's doing for all I care, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Branduil

Terror in Resonance 6

AKA my little terrorists can't be this moe!

The chess thing seems kind of silly but I guess we'll see where it goes next episode.

I say this every week but Kanno's OST continues to be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom