• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aldnoah Zero - 07

Oh my Inaho has suddenly gotten super interesting. Like Lawful Good I will kill ALL the Martian interesting. Also Rayet is going to be a great character, I can feel it. I look forward to episode 8.

Mr.Jeff

Thanks! I would like to ask for animes that would make me laugh, a lot. I don't mind fanservice, and last ones that I watched were Nichijou and Hataraku Maou-sama!, both recommended by my friends. I loved Nichijou to death, and laughed a lot watching it. If there is anything that you guys/gals could suggest, I would love to hear
(read)
it.

Thanks in advance!

Astro Fighter Sunred. Bit off the wall but if you liked Nichijou you should be alright.

Sometimes you just got to burn your own hand.
I tried to warn you people.

I didn't know any better.
avObKSB.gif

ragon

Blue Seed 25
Wow this anime wasn't expect to see such an Epic moments and twists !
i like the way of this anime going

Onii-sama 20

After the opening scene of best girl and onii-sama having a flirt session, the episode went to crap because it didn't focus around onii-sama being a badass. Books? Thesis papers? BOOOOOOOOOOORING.

At least I got to see the ending of the episode, where the military chick did her best impression of Tom Cruise in Minority Report.

I think I'm done with anime for today. In order of which anime disappointed me less today:

Onii-sama > Aldnoah Zero >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...

wjmRUtu.jpg

...>>>>>>>>>>SAO II.

Barakamon will have to wait till tomorrow with Nozaki-kun. Please you two, save this shitty anime weekend.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Top comedies:

Mitsudomoe
Gintama
Astro Fighter Sunred
Sabagebu (currently airing)
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Girls Bravo

Midonin

Mahouka 20

This space for rent, with a note left reading "Tokyo Ravens was more enjoyable than this."

At least CR is streaming Captain Earth on Saturdays again.

After this summer I'm genuinely looking forward to Shirou and his sexism as he saves women with his penis. At least I'll be entertained over his personality. Save me Fate Stay in the Kitchen, you're my only hope.

Well alongside the plethora of other great shows I'm looking forward to, the majority being new seasons. Including the better person whose names starts with 'Shiro'

Kieli

After this summer I'm genuinely looking forward to Shirou and his sexism as he saves women with his penis. At least I'll be entertained over his personality. Save me Fate Stay in the Kitchen, you're my only hope.

Well alongside the plethora of other great shows I'm looking forward to, the majority being new seasons. Including the better person whose names starts with 'Shiro'

The studio actually talked about this problem. I'm can't remember what they said, but they definitely acknowledged this was a problem.

Also, Shirou's idiocy is self-contained (if that makes any sense). The others call him out for his shit. Unlike Kirito-sama's harem, who experience violent vibrations at the mere scent of their god.

SAOII 07

You guys weren't kidding. This was absolutely awful.

The episode started with sister lover and from that I knew it would be bad but it just became a huge downward spiral into terrible. Every time Yui is mentioned I shake my head. Worst character ever conceived. We also have the "hot nurse" providing "counselling". During Sinon's rant about Kirito I'm sure she realized at one point she just wants to be another throwaway of his harem. Kirito gets around and has no shame about it.

Midonin

Barakamon 07

I know that my fishing experiences in my youth weren't that successful, and in that regard, when Kousuke ended up hooking himself, that's the first thing I thought of. Cute little episode.

Shounen Hollywood - 07

Ret's Shingingu. (Let's Sing)

Everything comes full circle and we are back to the cringe worthy first episode. Now with half of the episode turning into a musical.

I thought this was suppose to be an episode centered on Shun, but the show decides to solve Kakeru's fears instead. Oh well, I was entertaining by the amusing way the group went about conquering that fear.

Funny and lighthearted episode.

Man I really can't wait for fall, so many good shows seem to be airing. Yeah it's definitely gonna be the best season this year.

Though Barakamon, Nozaki-kun, and Terror in Resonance are definitely saving Summer season for me. Making it a good season.

phaze

Aldnoah.Yamato 07

Damn Inaho is cold as ice.

Also kind of stupid, to kill off your potential ally on the basis of three exchanged sentences.

Pretty fun episode. It was nice too see Inaho and Slaine finally interact, even if it ended on a rather sour note. lol

Aldnoah 07

Well it wasn't amazing and it wasn't terrible but they're doing nothing to make it any more interesting. Slaine can't catch a break. Are we ever going to get character development beyond "I'm awesome at mech combat"?

At least the fight sequences are somewhat interesting to watch. After that reveal I wonder what the Earthlings will do with their new weapon.

duckroll

Captain Earth - Episode 20

This was a pretty good episode. Probably the most enjoyable one in a while personally. It reminded me a lot of episode 5 too, in terms of being a non-action character episode with some really nice layout framing and shot design. It did a really good job of setting up the next episode too, which should be the conclusion to the Salty Dog arc, which has been kinda lame.

I'll probably post in the OT after next week's episode to summarize my thoughts on the ep16-21 arc in general.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I forgot the yanks don't have the alternative definition for 'top' which simply means cracking not necessarily best of the best.

Also I can't judge shows I've never seen.

Link Man

Banned
Aldnoah Zero 7

So
they just happen to find a hidden dock by sheer chance, and it just happens to hold A MOTHERFUCKING MARTIAN AIRSHIP. And they just happen to have the princess who can provide Aldnoah to power the ship.

Too much coincidence to allow me to suspend my disbelief.

Midonin

Captain Earth 20

No mecha action, but the stuff that occurred in absence of it was just as interesting. Congrats on Teppei and Akari, even if I've never been much into shipping that doesn't require my yuri goggles. Having Ai sneak in was a clever plan, and much of the identities of the Designer Children are still unknown to our heroes, so I can see how they were able to get away with it. Everything with Hana was interesting, as well. Hana has a purpose, but no family. Teppei has a family he rejected, but is unsure of his purpose. And both Daichi and Akari have helped them to find both of those things. The final battle being a charge towards the enemy's base is a staple, though the first thing it's reminding me of is Majestic Prince.

Sailor Moon Crystal 04

Woah, animation in this episode? Toei you're going out of control!
The Kingdom of D? What's up with Japan and the letter D?
Hope the fights stop all being OHKO's soon

Aldnoah Zero 07

So after three separate nothing villains, I've determined that if this show was really trying to be a Gundam Killer, then it needed a real focused enemy, a Char Aznable (inb4 avatar quote) or at least have someone with personality to fight with for a few episodes. I feel like that's where it's hurting the most. It's hurting in other areas sure, but the Orbital Knights Inaho has just easily beaten that have no personality whatsoever besides "FUCKIN TERRAN SCUM" while they spam the one trick pony ability of their mech aren't doing it much favors.
That was better then the last episode, but man Slaine can't catch a fucking break.

Sword Art Online II 07

4ad31e4e86.jpg

CALLED OUT

GET OUT OF HERE SUGU NO ONE LIKES YOU
Gotta go through the rounds of past Kirito conquers I guess. Poor Klein, you'll have your chance one day.
Episode was trash. There was like a 20 second still with Sinon and Guy hugging.

fertygo

SAO2

This made me ill physically, holy fuck...
Is watching this equal as physical test? like you know cholesterol level is bad if your neck got heavier after watching this?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow the first few minutes of the new Mahouka. LOL. /ded

Mahouka 20

Wow. This show has no sense of pacing at all. LOL. Yokohama arc confirmed to go to shit tier.

jbug617

Banned
Mahouka 20

Onii-sama knows how to push Mayumi's buttons lol. Other than that I wonder
who is that girl that is stalking Tatsuya because I can tell she is probably going to play a big role in this arc and hopefully Miyuki will body her

Acti

Sword Art Online II - Epi. 7

For some weird reason I want to Kirito fall in love with Shino "Sinon" Asada. I want this anime to become School Days.

Mahouka 19

Okay, yeah.

Skipping Summer Holiday was not a good choice.

Truly does need an adaption because everything just felt so weird to watch.

Wow the first few minutes of the new Mahouka. LOL. /ded

Mahouka 20

Wow. This show has no sense of pacing at all. LOL. Yokohama arc confirmed to go to shit tier.

Damn , now i'm scared to watch it ! So now they are going fast ?
Are they only capable of doing things slowly or too fast ?

I guess i need to watch this ep to find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom