• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madoka-2

Witch Realms are like someones on a baaaad trip.

Not much has happened. Madoka is a moe-blob, Homura is going to be the villain with good intentions, Sakuya is annoying and Mami is life. QB makes me want to hit someone, his smug ass face could make even Gil angry. Man, if anything happens to Mami I'm going to rage.

Well onto EP3. Guess this is where ''shit gets real"

I look forward to reading your next post in the morning....hehehe

jgminto

This official wallscroll. I've reached my limit.

3NqawJS.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Now kiss...
Why aren't they making out?

Great minds think alike.

Hanayamata 7
Tails were really cute, especially Hana with hers wagging. Then drama in the band and then the main girls. Awkward hating and then Reconciliation. Now Yaya is together with the rest of the club. Now the final girl is the last to fully join.

Phatmac

Madoka-2

Not much has happened. Madoka is a moe-blob, Homura is going to be the villain with good intentions, Sakuya is annoying and Mami is life. QB makes me want to hit someone, his smug ass face could make even Gil angry. Man, if anything happens to Mami I'm going to rage.

Hehehe.... ;D

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The only thing grosser than a bunch of people watching Madoka is the dry hand wringing of immature onlookers.

The only thing grosser than a bunch of people watching Madoka is the dry hand wringing of immature onlookers.

This.

Laughing at someone's initial negative response to the show is one thing.

But the way most of these responses have been, given the nature of the watcher's post is essentially spoiling the thing.

It's a good thing he moved on to episode 3 right away otherwise I think he'd be very angry right now.

Madoka-2

giphy.gif

This.

Laughing at someone's initial negative response to the show is one thing.

But the way these responses have been, given the nature of the watcher's post is essentially spoiling the thing.

It's a good thing he moved on to episode 3 right away otherwise I think he'd be very angry right now.

Yes, pushing extremely close to flat out spoilers at some points in here.

I tried to like Nana, but what I saw of it was basically the anime version of a CW teen soap.

No way.

I mean, I don't watch CW teen soaps, but Nana is nothing like that at any rate. It's a pretty dramatic show, but it's clearly drama intended for an adult audience, and generally dealing with adult concerns (moving away from home, living on your own, adult relationship problems (which are pretty different from teenage relationship problems), working jobs you don't like in order to make a living,
pregnancy
, moving apart from people who you used to be close with when you were younger, etc).

It's one of my favorite television shows ever, really, between the music and the character development.

Taruranto

This official wallscroll. I've reached my limit.

3NqawJS.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Get to my level.

IlbUdZw.jpg

Madoka-2

Why are you watching Madoka when you could watch the superior Princess Tutu?

mankoto

HeartCatch Precure 3
So Erika can perfectly use her powers on the fly whereas Tsubomi needed an adjustment period. I guess she really is the worst Cure in history.

Oh, and it looks like the glasses guy from the last episode is the student council president. It's also nice to see that everyone seems to have a different heart flower.

Clov

He could always watch both as both are exceptional.

Yep, this right here. Personally I think they're both great shows, and they're both absolutely worth watching. Though I think I like the art style in Madoka more; Gekidan Inu Curry gave the witch's labyrinths such an interesting, otherworldly look. I've loved everything they've done, really.

Shergal

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 17
Where Pop learns an universal truth of real life: there's always someone more skilled than you and they won't be nice about it.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 18
I want a full episode with rockstar Ojamajos.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 19
Weird ass episode about a weird ass dude. whatever

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 20
Sato ep!
New classmates seem like a bunch of asshats after the fact, but I'm sure it'll all be cleared up in time and then everyone will tanoshii together.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 17
Where Pop learns an universal truth of real life: there's always someone more skilled than you and they won't be nice about it.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 18
I want a full episode with rockstar Ojamajos.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 19
Weird ass episode about a weird ass dude. whatever

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 20
Sato ep!
New classmates seem like a bunch of asshats after the fact, but I'm sure it'll all be cleared up in time and then everyone will tanoshii together.

I think at some point around here will be like... a subplot that takes 3 episodes
however it's very spread out, or at least the first ep to second ep is.

Midonin

+tic Nee-san

Insanity. Pure insanity. Definitely in the ballpark of Ai Mai Mii and Kill Me Baby.

ImoCho OVA

With its focus on how the brothers in the show really do care about their sisters - and no, not necessarily in that way - it was actually kinda sweet, terrible singing aside. Not a whole lot of Hiyori focus, either. I was expecting an OVA to detail her backstory a little more.

Non Non Biyori OVA

I hope the Okinawa vacation is what starts the second season. Reminded me of how much I loved this show, and Renge pondering what changing herself means, as well as saying goodbye to her hometown, was a very poignant moment. Exactly the kind of thing this show is capable of accomplishing.

Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha. OVA

Human!Kon was adorable. The story with the Tanbabashi brothers and their mother was also very heartwarming. It did just what I hope an OVA would do. Expand on the universe in ways that, when viewed in context with the TV series, enhance its messages a little more. In this case, that Inari can't solve everything with her powers, but she certainly wants to try.

Syrinx

Aria: The Origination 1

Was there a Carnivale OVA or something while I wasn't looking? Why do I have this feeling?

Story about Akira saving her gondola and that obnoxious guy was cool. Funny how President Aria tried to keep a straight face in front of President Hime when Maa-kun bit his tummy again, but ultimately failed.

Erigu

Oh weird, so Hanamonogatari is set after everything? The chronology of the series never ceases to confound me.
For the 1st season, it's relatively simple:

March 25 -> April 7: Kizumonogatari
April 29 -> May 7: Nekomonogatari (Kuro)
May 8 -> June 14: Bakemonogatari
July 29 -> August 14: Nisemonogatari

The 2nd season is a bit trickier (although it's entirely set after the first one, at least):

August 20 -> August 21: Kabukimonogatari (except for the part with Ōgi, since she doesn't show up until October)
August 21 -> August 23: Onimonogatari (except for the part with Ōgi, same reason as above)
August 21 -> August 24: Nekomonogatari (Shiro)
October 31 -> November 2: Otorimonogatari
January 1 -> February 1: Koimonogatari
April 9 -> April 20: Hanamonogatari

It gets weirder in the final season...

About Rieze:
She was in season 1, maybe you would be able to find her by rewatching the first season ?
She didn't have a role so far in the story so she wasn't voiced but she was there..

About Tetora :
70 persons wanted the role to voice this character, they had to choose carefully

Goddamit i'm HYPED...

Yeah it's useless trivia , not going to spoil this in anyway

We don't agree on much R_Thanatos, but we have one thing we can agree on: Log Horizon season 2 will be amazing.

All i ask is more money and the same team. The writter has confirmed that he gave his input for S2 too ( for the littles touches that make LH so unique ) so i know they won't mess up the important things.

The writter of log horizon is really active and talks a lot about his projects and log horizon so there is really a lot of excellent world building available if you know where to look.. i'm amazed at the care he took to create Log horizon

Gazoinks

All i ask is more money and the same team. The writter has confirmed that he gave his input for S2 too ( for the littles touches that make LH so unique ) so i know they won't mess up the important things.

The writter of log horizon is really active and talks a lot about his projects and log horizon so there is really a lot of excellent world building available if you know where to look.. i'm amazed at the care he took to create Log horizon

I really hope the series does well enough to bring the LNs over. Most of the strength of the show is really in the writing, so I'd like to check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom