• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For the 1st season, it's relatively simple:

March 25 -> April 7: Kizumonogatari
April 29 -> May 7: Nekomonogatari (Kuro)
May 8 -> June 14: Bakemonogatari
July 29 -> August 14: Nisemonogatari

The 2nd season is a bit trickier (although it's entirely set after the first one, at least):

August 20 -> August 21: Kabukimonogatari (except for the part with Ōgi, since she doesn't show up until October)
August 21 -> August 23: Onimonogatari (except for the part with Ōgi, same reason as above)
August 21 -> August 24: Nekomonogatari (Shiro)
October 31 -> November 2: Otorimonogatari
January 1 -> February 1: Koimonogatari
April 9 -> April 20: Hanamonogatari

It gets weirder in the final season...

It's like the opposite of the HidaSketch progression. :p

Re Hamatora 7

I like how they go from
leading the audience to believe a certain character is dead to shitting on said character in a standard humiliating cartoon way,
all in the span of a single episode. These mood whiplashes, man.

Starship Troopers: Invasion

I don't think Shinji Aramaki could make his films any more boring and devoid of life if he tried. I would say he deserves to be making video game cutscenes but that would be an insult to them.

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks Linkman for letting me use the adorable Chiyo Toad as an Avatar. It's just too cute to pass up haha. Also thanks to Phoenix for also being a pro at photoshop and actually making it transparent for me!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I don't think Shinji Aramaki could make his films any more boring and devoid of life if he tried. I would say he deserves to be making video game cutscenes but that would be an insult to them.
I'm sure it was better than Starship Troopers 3 at least.

Is that the guy who take the thrilling Appleseed manga with its intriguing setting and charismatic characters and made two really mediocre action movies of it?

Yes, yes he is.
Ugh.

Is that the guy who take the thrilling Appleseed manga with its intriguing setting and charismatic characters and made two really mediocre action movies of it?

Yes, yes he is.
Ugh.
I couldn't make it through the first one when I tried to watch it a few years ago. So goddamn boring. He started his animation career doing mechanical designs. It all makes sense now.

Oh cool, it's this chick!
FYm40eB.gif

I was hoping we'd see more of her!

Your wish as been granted , Jesus !

Damn i didn't expect someone to find her so fast...
Yep she is part of D.D.D and in krusty personnal "guard" ?.Anyway , she is a sorceress... i guess that means more D.D.D ?

Thoraxes

Captain Earth - 20

You know that was almost a good episode. Then at the end I was reminded why it's not.

The whole
Ark Faction
garbage is single-handedly destroying any good the show is trying to do, and it's a damn shame because this could've been a really awesome series. Hell, I didn't even mind the slow pacing of the introductory episodes. I didn't even mind needing a glossary to figure out what everything was. Even the
Akari and Teppei relationship
was like 1000000x more gratifying than
Hana and Daichi
because it had some kind of development. In the end we're basically retreading the same ground covered by the earlier episodes of the show, with the same exact characters, but in a different location, and it sucks.

Every episode I watch just feels like a massive waste of good potential. Even AO wasn't this bad.

At this point all it really has left are the erection-inducing launch sequences, which thankfully are untarnished by
Salty Dog.

cajunator

Banned
Only zetsubo sensei & bakemonogatari are the series where they "abused" and those séries have just way too much of talking.
Their output of pani poni dash or more recently nisekoi were much less obvious and had a flow of those "things" that made sense in context.

The show Moonphase really didnt seem very "Shaft" to me. Then again I didnt know what studio shaft was or what their trademark look was back then. but Moonphase doesnt really have that look. For that matter neither does Dance in Vampire Bund. Maybe they just go to a different level when it involves vampires. But...then again Bakemonogatari...
Man I dunno.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica ep 3.

Hmm... I guess that's that then. Rule of thumb,
if you're not the protagonist, do not get cocky.

And NOW it truly begins!

DEATH™;126037355 said:
Gus, I need some advice again... Just like you guys said, I have watched Toradora, and also watched Pet Girl of Sakurasou (which is very good IMO, since I can totally relate to sorata and nanami). And despite kinda generic, I liked Say I Love You... I guess Im a sucker with char development shows...

So, any more recommendations?

My Little monster
Dusk Maiden of amnesia

So my GF finally dug out the two Haibane Renmei DVDs she has; together with the one I have, we only need the first DVD volume to have the whole series!

Unfortunately her two cases are pretty badly damaged. We'll have to get replacements, but the disks themselves are fine.

Man. I couldnt imagine my Haibane DVDs getting to that condition. I will not allow it!

I'll take that as the highest praise.

Its so adorable I had to tweet it.

About Madoka, I can't be the only one who thought
Mami was the bad guy in disguise, right?

i quickly dismissed this possibility during the talk between mami & homura in ep 3, if homura the know it-all at this point acted that way,
mami being the bad guy didn't make sense

i quickly dismissed this possibility during the talk between mami & homura in ep 3, if homura the know it-all at this point acted that way,
mami being the bad guy didn't make sense

Maybe not the bad guy, but having bad intentions. My fears were dissolved the moment that she told "I'm finally not alone". Before that, I thought it was all a show, especially when they were walking in the darkness holding hands talking about the wish.

Madoka-3

hahahaha, you thought this was going to be a light hearted kids show, you were wrong, dead wrong. Mami sure has gotten ahead in life. no tears only suffering, but, I can guess she'll be revived next episode, i'm sure she will.

Madoka-3

hahahaha, you thought this was going to be a light hearted kids show, you were wrong, dead wrong. Mami sure has gotten ahead in life. no tears only suffering, but, I can guess she'll be revived next episode, i'm sure she will.

Heheh.....hehhehe

Oh it's so fun to watch from this end finally.

About Madoka, I can't be the only one who thought
Mami was the bad guy in disguise, right?

That was my initial guess as well.

SAO episode 3

I'm so sad, nobody can understand me. All I do is bring pain to everyone, I shall be alone until the end of time. I am become death, the destroyer of players.

Repeat ad nauseam.

And to think it's still only going down from thereon, oh man.

Hmm, I don't know, this kind of character doesn't excite me much. This is the reason why I don't watch Evangelion, everything that I read about Shinji makes me think he is a whiny asshole.

Anyway, another one:

SAO episode 4

Really? They really had to show the little girl in undergarments? Other than that, he is really showing up as "I'm the best, kneel dirty peasants" kinda player. Also, I almost forgot, adding tentacles and vine monsters was a touch of class. Sigh.

Please get better. Please.

EDIT:
Kirito is certainly the less cheated/ broken character

And i like all 3

Who are the other two?

Who are the other two?

On the left :
Kirito ( sword art online )

On the middle :
Jesus kira yamato ( Gundam seed / gundam Seed destiny )

On the right :

Chiba Tatsuya ( Mahouka )

I could list the skills of what they can do and you'd be surprise how long it is for kira & tasuya and how small it is for kirito.

On the left :
Kirito ( sword art online )

On the middle :
Jesus kira yamato ( Gundam seed / gundam Seed destiny )

On the right :

Chiba Tatsuya ( Mahouka )

Thank you. My friends love Gundam, and they keep telling me to watch Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny, but I haven't yet. The other one I don't know anything so far.

I'm not that knowledgeable in animes, but one Gary Stu that I remember is Suzaku from Code Geass. That guy was everywhere, doing everything.

SAO episode 5

I liked this episode, mostly because I love mysteries.
At first I though Yolko was the culprit, but then she got killed and I went back to square one. I didn't want it to be Grimlock, it would be too obvious, but I hope there is a twist somewhere down the line. Also, one thing that I almost forgot: you're possibly being hunted, and you stand with you back on a open window? For fucks sake, you deserve to die then.

But there is something that I really must talk about, which happened in this episode: Why so many butt shots? They had two with Yolko and one with Asuna. Hell, Yolko's one was so tight it looked like she was wearing lycra or spandex. It felt out of place,
specially Yolko's one, since she was mourning somebody that just died.

EDIT: Just so I can be clear, I'm not against fanservice, I like it. But I think that there are certain times to do it, and they clearly aren't following that here.

EDIT 2:
Suzuka still lost a few times though didn't he? I forgot I haven't watched it in awhile but I don't remember him being super godlike much like the likes of Jesus Yamato lol

I think he lost some battles, but even then he lost I think he wrecked shit up. It has been quite some time since I saw the anime, so my memory is kinda hazy.

Hugstable

Banned
Thank you. My friends love Gundam, and they keep telling me to watch Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny, but I haven't yet. The other one I don't know anything so far.

I'm not that knowledgeable in animes, but one Gary Stu that I remember is Suzaku from Code Geass. That guy was everywhere, doing everything.

Suzuka still lost a few times though didn't he? I forgot I haven't watched it in awhile but I don't remember him being super godlike much like the likes of Jesus Yamato lol

Tatsuya from Mahouka is basically a walking nuke.

mankoto

HeartCatch Precure 4
We got a new main villain on our hands by the name of Kumojacky (wish it was KuroJacky so I could just call him Black Jack aha). He too, believes these Precure are pretty weak, even going as far to say that he'd beat them even if there were 100 of them. Can't really blame him for saying that since Tsubomi is tripping over small rocks and somehow failing to jump. Tsubomi's incapabilities make her feel like she's dragging Erika down. When she tells Erika this during the battle with the Desertrain, Erika confirms that they'll always be friends and Precure partners. This new depended bond allows them to defeat the Desertrain with a combo attack.

Kinda surprised the glasses guy didn't show up since they were in a pinch at one point. I guess it wasn't a big enough pinch since they got themselves out of it.

SAO episode 6

Yes!
Plot Twists! Ghosts! Finally an episode that I could call very good. I liked it, the way they developed the sidestory. Also it had a cool cameo from Heisenberg in the ending (just joking, because of that hat).

But I still have some questions..how are they still alive when they have been years inside the thing and haven't been able to logout and eat, use the bathroom, etc? My friend told me that it would be explained, but I'm at episode 6 and nothing was cleared yet. Another thing is: where are them waifus at?
The only one that I liked died, so there's that.

Kikirin

Aria the Origination - 09

Wow.. just, this show man.. like previous episode its sending telegraph to you in halfway to tell what the episode about, its goddamn effective because its instantly made you anxious to that climax.

Best episode. I had tears during the climax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom