• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw School Days after I watched all the classic Romance anime lool. I'm again just being facetious. Although I do have to say, I've found romance anime to be a lot more frustrating than other genres (usually the lack of pay off or resolution). Seems to be very common in the genre.

On a more serious note, I guess I've just become burnt out on it. But I've seen all the ones you've mentioned (and yeah, Golden Time had some pretty atrocious things about it). For all the bad, there is something like Nodame Cantabile though. So I'm not 100% out on the genre. Just waiting for something great to come a long.

Ah then nevermind. Yeah Nodame Cantabile is another great one, will definitely have to rewatch it at one point.

One of those exists, it was created when the show was new. Not sure if we are using that one or a new one for Season 2 though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759115

I'll be sure to subscribe to it just in case, but I'm sure that if we are going to use it for the new season somebody will link it in the Fall Anime OT.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Log Horizon is unquestionably my most anticipated Fall anime.. even more so than the Trigger show or Build Fighters S2.

Yes. I caught up on that yesterday before I started Terra Formars. I originally stopped when
he got the white hair.
Had to stop again since for whatever reason 2 chapters are missing.

As for Terra Formars, it was interesting to say the least. The concept of
the cockroaches in a sense becoming more human-like as time passes (IE the smart/talented ones have a cloth on their body) whereas the humans have to rely on animalistic strengths
has me grasped. And in some way, it reminds me of Cage of Eden.

Yeah Terra Formars is pretty interesting for a Sci-Fi manga series.

Sorry to ask again but what's your impression on Tokyo Ghoul's manga since it's pretty different from its anime counterpart.

Midonin

Ikkitousen Great Guardians 04-06

Episode 4 was actually pretty fun. Cursed artifacts and hijinks are something I'm familiar with, but oh my the yuri levels were something amazing. Ryuubi is way too pure for such a thing to affect her. The beach episode and the amnesia recovery one were alright, mostly because of shark punching and the return of the BASICS, but episode 4 was still the best of this season thus far.

--------------------------------

In other news, while Hanamonogatari doesn't have a streaming date for CR yet, it goes live on Daisuki tonight. I've been waiting for a legal stream, so I'll watch it alongside season 3 of Marimite.

cajunator

Banned
iHW2SPCiUFcG6.gif

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 8

Devil cat, incubator?

Sayak chan!?!?!

I'm guessing if you don't replenish your soul gem, you'll turn into a witch? Is that the concept?

This is around the time when people realize this show isnt quite what they had expected at all. It follows a narrative structure a lot more than a monster of the week format like you'd expect from this sort of thing, but even then it goes an entirely unexpected direction. That is kind of this shows schtick so people either loved it or they detested it.
Man I loved it so much. Not necessarily what happened but the idea of what this show was going for.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 10

So Homura-chans past...

da fuq

BEST episode. Possibly one of the better anime episodes period. Really brought it all together unexpectedly.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica END

*sniff sniff*

MADOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

man that was sad.

Yeah. I just kind of sat there stunned the first time.

Says it's a sequel to the series? The series I just watched?

Movie #3 is. Movie 1 and 2 are literally just the series repackaged into movie form. Movie 3 is a direct follow up that connects the series to a new possibility and naturally a possible second season. Some people REALLY dont like this.
I dont blame them for either liking it or hating it.

Is Crunchyroll a good place to watch Gurren Lagann? I'm not familiar with the site so if you have any other subscription services or places to watch these please I'd appreciate any suggestions.

It is a great place. Its also airing on Toonami I think but thats quite far in.

Waves are indeed fun, thus why swimming in lake superior is fun.
I have nothing against beaches, they are great, sand under your feet, waves coming in washing away your stress..

I will just stick with fresh water over icky icky salt water :p

I like the lakeside beaches more actually, but unless its a tropical island really, no beach is worth a shit. Even then the idea gets old and frankly I dont like sandy areas in general. I do like the science of underwater life and that ecosystem. endlessly fascinating. The beach itself? Pain in the ass. hot, bugs everywhere, too many people, and I get bored making sandcastles and watching birds and hermit crabs.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a Evangelion Unit-01... Figurine? Something high quality.

Check out this thread and ask in there.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823897
I am not responsible for any massive loss of expendable income due to figure collecting caused by that thread.

First my friends link me to that new Anaconda song by Nicky Minaj, and now I watched a parody of fucking Pompeii with a guy who tried to make it about Attack on Titan.

I need to listen to some good music for a bit. BRB.

waiting for the comment on how the song is shit

best song about Pompeii
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbJpngxzc0

I am not rallying against people recommending titles, I am all for it. I am against basically blindly recommending titles. Users can indeed offer plenty of insight into why they like such shows, but they are also limited in their scope. They can only really form one opinion on a show, and thus unless their opinion manages to match up with a new anime watcher their personal opinion isn't any more useful then the popular vote.

I get the whole you can get more data from users, but there is no reason why a person can't take the time to look at a list, find a few that interest them and then come here to ask about them and why people liked them. It's more focused and far less of a waste of time for those responding.

I mean I could sit here and write detailed info about all the shows

for example for baccanno I could do this

but alas that takes a while to write for each show :p

I really like this format. not too long and gives you the gist of a series. Please continue.

Lurky

You're not going to continue? There's 3 more seasons + specials.

Now you have a lot more to go!

× Hoshimittsu
× Honeycomb

Minus the specials, that's 37 more episodes!

Now look into the sequels.

Welcome to the wide wagon, All are welcome here.

I will but I wanted to catch up on the current season first. So far the only thing I've watched is the first episode of Illya. At the very least, I want to be caught up on that.

Necrovex

Ping Pong the Animation 3

I wasn't expecting that showdown so bloody soon. I took a hiatus from this show when it aired a few months back, as I hate waiting each week for an individual episode (I'll die during Fate/Stay). I honestly forgot about Ping Pong until every bloody anime-gaffer started gushing about it. This episode taught me that the art style and animation is bloody amazing! I can't wait to watch more of this gem.

RoeBear

Zankyou no Terror Episode 7:

I have really tried with this show but no amount of technical proficiency is allowing me to actually enjoy this program, another one for the dropped heap.

This show is really pushing my buttons.
There'd be a huge international situation between US and Japan. I mean FBI just blew up an airplane. The three detectives knew it wasn't the real terrorists.
No way man I don't believe it anymore.

mankoto

Yeah Terra Formars is pretty interesting for a Sci-Fi manga series.

Sorry to ask again but what's your impression on Tokyo Ghoul's manga since it's pretty different from its anime counterpart.

Well the only real problem with the anime is how rushed it is to the manga counterpart. I'm not going to mention as to how they animated the arcs out of order since that's for an understandable reason. However, it just jumps around a bit too much and the scene transitioning really suffers from it like the Ghoul restaurant. One moment he's talking to Tsukiyama, next he's taking a shower. It'd be really confusing on the viewer. Otherwise, it's fine.

I wouldn't have minded if it didn't rush anything and ended where
Mado dies
. It would've ended the season perfectly.

Although, now that I think about it, if they animated a bit more to fill in this 12 episode slot, if they ended when this arc ends, it would've been just as good if not better if it had actual pacing. In essenses this Kaneki should have a better view and understanding of the world that Humans and Ghouls live in. But, the anime is constructed in a way that you just don't feel that whereas in the manga, you do which is sad since one has way more experience than the other.

All of that being said, the manga just overall just has a better delivery compared to the anime. But at the same time, if they're really going as far as the opening implies, there just is no time to wrap up everything nicely as they can only go with the quick and dirty route.

Manga spoiler:
I really was waiting for Hideyoshi to join the investigators. I just can't wait for them to meet on the battlefield. And I honestly don't like this new Kaneki. It's like he turned into Ichigo or something... Yuck

Ok, so I'm trying this again since my friend kept telling me to, and you guys and gals said it would be worth it.

Bakemonogatari Episode 1

The art, the cuts and the way this anime presents itself is fantastic, superb in every way that I could think of. I have not seen that much animes yet, but this one is so far above the rest (
in those categories
) that I've seen it is not even funny.

However... main guy is a douche with the friendly / kind librarian character. Even though the latter seems to like the same things that he does (
yes, I mean in that sense, but I might be imagining things
), she shouldn't have to put up with his bullshit.

Now, to the main event: Senjougahara. I like dere characters, that's not the problem. But this one is written is a way (so far, only 1 episode so bear with me) that I cannot do anything besides hate her, with all fibers in my being. I should really congratulate the writer, because I never felt such hate watching anime in a long time. Yes, I understand that there are much, MUCH worse characters (mass murderers, liars, cheaters, plain old cunts, etc) in the anime universe, but she kinda hit me in all the wrong places.

Oshino san, though, is very good. Liked a lot the character. Witty, smart, knowledgeable, nice balance from the girl.

phaze

^ Oshino is the best. smh at the Hitagi hate though. You'll have plenty of chances to change your mind . :p

Fate/Zero 1

Exposition! Walking around in circles!

No, seriously, why are these two just walking in a circle around this guy while explaining the backstory?

Wait, this priest is the guy's father? This is so not church doctrine.

Well, that just upped the ick factor to infinity.

So, that was a lot of exposition, with not much action. Or time to really get to know the characters. Also, a lot of characters. But with that out of the way, maybe the story can begin.

Neither is Holy Grail. :p It will still get talky at times but bear with it.

Naruto Shippuden 373

Sakura finally learns how to use asspull no jutsu. Though I thought Byakugō was supposed to heal you and not grant extra power.

The reanimated bits of Naruto vs Oro looked better than the original. Why not save money for some relevant scenes ?

Tokyo Ghoul 8

"What's gone is my right hand." I would say "no shit Sherlock" but I suppose with all that censorship it wasn't easy to see.

Kaneki is going to evolve into full blown Naruto with his break the circle of grief shtick.

Texhnolyze 2-4

Not much to say. Pacing is slow and though there has been plenty of exposition, things are still confusing. At least I finally got to know the protagonists name. And hell, Ichise has bad luck with women.

That chart is starting to get accurate

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This show is really pushing my buttons.
There'd be a huge international situation between US and Japan. I mean FBI just blew up an airplane. The three detectives knew it wasn't the real terrorists.
No way man I don't believe it anymore.

Yea, this show has become, for a lack of a better term, too anime for what they were shooting for, I liked the police procedure stuff a lot more.

^

Tokyo Ghoul 8

"What's gone is my right hand." I would say "no shit Sherlock" but I suppose with all that censorship it wasn't easy to see.

Kaneki is going to evolve into full blown Naruto with his break the circle of grief shtick.

Hmmm I wouldn't put Kaneki in the same shoe as Naruto, his character progression is a whole lot different. That's with the manga though I don't know about the anime.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai's December releases have been revealed! http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?34698-Sentai-Filmworks-December-2014-Solicitations

There's actually a few surprises on there for me; a combo pack with both seasons of Ef, a standalone BD of Hidamari Sketch SP and most surprising of all, a BD release for Detroit Metal City. I never thought that would happen in a million years!

Looks like we have to wait for Infinite Stratos S2 on Bluray. Excited for Oda Nobuna and I might get the ef~ collection.

cajunator

Banned
So guys, it looks like I need to ask you for more money in order to include a Japanese language track to the poster. Don't worry though, Alexander O Smith will join the project for some reason.

But actually, what's going on is that we're switching artists because I don't think people would be satisfied with the final product that was delivered. Mockingbird posted an update here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126296288&postcount=16566

So instead we're going with a known quantity - the artist who did Mockingbird's Kiki poster:

It'll take longer, but hopefully we'll get a better product for it!

Thanks for the update!

:p
It's because anime fans tend to be passionate about shows they like. It's why in situations like recommendations for you, given you have so little data to work with I will go with popular opinion instead of my own, as I want you to have the best chance of enjoying what you watch next, and I know my personal opinion has less chance to match up with you then the opinion of the masses at this point.

Once you have more shows under your belt, or if you are looking for specific things, where I can limit choices down I am always more than happy to help someone find a new show to enjoy.

I mean even if you went into more details about what aspects of the shows you liked, it would help make recommendations a lot less of a blind guess.

Also, my personal recommendation would be to sign up for something like MAL to keep track of what you have seen. It's always nice to be able to hand all the data someone would need to properly recommend a show with a single link as you can not only track the shows you watched but rate them, so people can see your trends towards genre and then inquire about why you didn't like certain shows and then make a truly informed thought about recommendations. (heck I have recommended shows I hated to a number of people before... despite the hate I give working I have indeed recommended it to a few friends lol)

Im going to go with... it will be about equal Cowboy bebop recommendations
oh look, samurai champloo, black lagoon, baccanno all in the top 5.

which is why it's a waste of time for those responding, because you can get around the same information from a quick list like that. If you want to take the time to respond that's all good but unless more details are provided up front the best you will be able to do is a quick list of shows similar, just like what mal provides without having to type.

Now if you came in here and said "Man I loved the direction cowboy bebop took as well as the music" rather than just saying cowboy bebop you are in completely different grounds. with that statement I could end up recommending kids on the slope, a show that likely won't show up for people who generally just say cowboy bebop.

Again, it's fine if you guys want to just throw shows out there for people, but I don't feel like you are really doing anything then pulling from that list from your own personal opinions (as every show recommended so far has been on those lists somewhere related to the shows he has seen) to truly get personal well informed opinions more data is needed.

it should come to no surprise that my field of study in college was in the field of science :p

I think it should be a careful consideration of both sources. Ask around what people recommend and then check those lists to see if they agree. A lot of times youll find correlation in both. Its easier than what we used to have to do, which was watch sample promos and trailers and word of mouth. I really miss Newtype though. that was SUPER helpful to discover upcoming new shows. Especially those CDs that came with it with an episode of each new series being promoted.

There are companies not named ghibli that make anime movies still... I imagine there will be some drops though.

More so I am curious how the payment works with CG stuff... as I imagine that as the years go on and CG gets cheaper and cheaper we will see more and more companies adapting it for anime series :/

Yeah. CG is here to stay whether we enjoy it or not.
May as well get used to it.

This month sucks.

Anyone have any happy anime to recommend?

Acchi Kocchi!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bMjtNnsA6Y

Well, she also talks about contractors who take two jobs at once (although I have no idea how that works logistically, especially if you are hiding the job from each employer), but if the point is that you need to basically sleep at your desk like the stereotype of the Japanese wage-slave, that's probably akin to minimum wage job where you work more than you do anything else at that point just to make ends meet.

I work a hell of a lot of hours too. I suppose if they enjoy doing it more power to them. I wouldnt want to ruin my love of art and drawing by making it my work though unless I was freelance maybe.

You're not going to make it out alive at this rate. Me and cajun barley survived.

Squall was okay. Glad T&B did way better though lol

Oh god. Listen to BEAR. Hidamari will kill you without proper conditioning.

Midonin

Locodol 08

The show's become pretty Uogokoro-centric ever since he appeared, though that's not a bad thing. Nanyako and Yukari are still helping everyone out, and Nanyako's bonding scenes with Mirai in this episode were adorable. I also loved the triumphant march remix of the Uogokoro Song. I mostly notice BGM when it's an arrangement of a vocal song, as things to tend to go. This series has been consistently delivering, and I want to enjoy it for its remaining episodes to the fullest.

Kyuur

I figured this would be as good as a place to ask as any.

Does anyone know if there is a good place to buy OSTs as well as singles/albums from Japanese musicians with digital downloads?

Hugstable

Banned
Fate/Zero 1

No, seriously, why are these two just walking in a circle around this guy while explaining the backstory?

So, that was a lot of exposition, with not much action. Or time to really get to know the characters. Also, a lot of characters. But with that out of the way, maybe the story can begin.

It's like that for a bit, but once everything gets going, it really doesn't let up. I just watched it recently myself and I enjoyed it alot, so have fun! The first episode really confused me as well, I spent the whole time trying to make sense of all the characters they introduced so quickly.

Linkark07

Banned
Fate Kaleid 07

So... In this universe "Being Lancer is Suffering" should be "Being Shirou is Suffering". He really got demoted to butt monkey here. Don't worry Shirou, a few months and you will become MC again.

BTW, has it been said if Fate/Kaleid will run at the same time with Fate/Stay Night from Ufotable? Or will it end this season?

Glasslip 08

And I still don't know what is happening here. Well, at least Hiro got some points in my book. Hopefully he continues ignoring Sachi.

Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen 8

Decent episode. Really liked the fighting scene between the mechas. And it has been confirmed Samonji knew Susumu's sister.

Ore no Imouto Episode 1

I..actually liked Kirino? My friend told me I would probably hate her, but I don't know, I quite liked her quirky and sassy personality. Otherwise, I expect some funny moments, because she is either really oblivious to the situation (her hobby, I mean) or a very good troll.

Also, the MC was kinda of a jerk to the girl on the school, seems that this is the norm for MCs in animes those days. Sigh.

cajunator

Banned
Hidamari Sketch End

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH? Sae has a little sister? Oh god she's so cute. I totally wasn't ready for this. D: Heh, it's only fitting that they get a christmas cake from the christmas cake. So much feels from this episode! I hope that the little sister shows up again.

Final thoughts: I know that this show has been pretty well received before but I honestly wasn't expecting it to be this good. It was cute, it was relaxing, and it has just a bit of fanservice. This is definitely one of my favorite slice of life shows now. Thanks to Cajunator and Thoraxes for forcing me to watch this. <3

Watch the other seasons now! You know you want to! Dont forget SP!
EMBRACE THE WIDE

Kabukimonogatari has shipped! Woooooo!

Is this a manga? Nekomonogatari white/black are the last blurays I got from the series.
Trying to keep up with the releases has proven challenging.

Fate/Zero 1

This is a very good series. the first episode is hit or miss but it has an important job of establishing what all is going on. I think it got things started nicely. From here it settles out so stick with it.

Log Horizon 9-10

This anime somehow managed to take a bunch mundane concepts (business and economics, legislation and food processing) and presented them in a way that made them interesting. As of now, the plot seems kind of non-standard in its execution, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. There's no *big* bad, or main quest, but (now) there's definitely a goal to strive for. It's mostly about adventuring and economic advancement, and i'm totally ok with that.

I'm excited to see where it goes from here.

I really appreciated the insights into MMO culture and concepts this show presented. IT was much more informative than...that other show.

According to Rakuten, Discotek's release of the first Cardcaptor Sakura movie on BD will be out October 28th.

Just one day before my birthday! Can't wait to pick it up. Hoping that the second one gets picked up soon.

I missed out on these movies the first time around. I shant make the same mistake again. I really want to see them (along with the Sailor Moon movies)

Joe Molotov

Nodame Cantabile is for the josei crowd, not the shounen/shoujo crowd.

Check Honey & Clover for more josei goodness.

That reminds me, I had intended to ask about this before, but what all Josei anime are there? Besides those, I only know of Princess Jellyfish and Paradise Kiss.

survivor

Banned
That reminds me, I had intended to ask about this before, but what all Josei anime are there? Besides those, I only know of Princess Jellyfish and Paradise Kiss.

Off the top of my head and recentish ones

Usagi Drop
Kids on the Slope
Chihayafuru
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Utakoi
Honey and Clover
Ristorante Paradiso
Polar Bear Cafe

zulux21

I like the lakeside beaches more actually, but unless its a tropical island really, no beach is worth a shit. Even then the idea gets old and frankly I dont like sandy areas in general. I do like the science of underwater life and that ecosystem. endlessly fascinating. The beach itself? Pain in the ass. hot, bugs everywhere, too many people, and I get bored making sandcastles and watching birds and hermit crabs.

I really like this format. not too long and gives you the gist of a series. Please continue.
The beach at my college wasn't bad, barely any bugs, usually only 5-10 people across a half mile stretch... and not to hot because it was the U.P. so beach weather was 75-80 lol

As for the review format I actually copy and pasted that from one of my old blog posts (I didn't want to link to that because I had amazon affiliate links in the article, something I never got working right, but still something I don't want to be linking to from this site as I don't want to cause any trouble) in that review there is also a full list of characters from the opening with small details about them (hidden behind a button you have to press if you want the minor spoilers :p) and pictures (that are mostly still working :p) that I didn't feel like copying over for an example, but that is in general how I try to review my anime. I don't like to give any real spoilers, and I prefer to talk about what type of people would typically enjoy the show as well as what is unique about the show. I should write more of those at some point... I stopped because I only had a few people who read them and they were taking me a few hours to put together.
I think it should be a careful consideration of both sources. Ask around what people recommend and then check those lists to see if they agree. A lot of times youll find correlation in both. Its easier than what we used to have to do, which was watch sample promos and trailers and word of mouth. I really miss Newtype though. that was SUPER helpful to discover upcoming new shows. Especially those CDs that came with it with an episode of each new series being promoted.

Yeah. CG is here to stay whether we enjoy it or not.
May as well get used to it.

It's likely because I have been working with people to recommend anime to new anime watchers for 10 years now that I am so "it's a waste of time." Over the years I have always found it best to throw the big ones at them (FMA, Bebop, death note ect) then follow up with less straightforward shows (neon genesis (yes despite me myself finding it to not be anything special I still recommend it to most people eventually), lain, and maybe something like mushishi) from there I typically work with them to find what aspects of the shows they liked and didn't like and work with them from that point as they actually have an anime personality at that point and have an idea of what they like or don't like about anime. As I said though I am always more than willing to help someone find something to watch if they are willing to put in a little effort themselves going into detail about what they want.

and yeah CG isn't going anywhere, it's only going to get cheaper and cheaper as tech gets better and better. It's a lot easier to make one detailed character model and use programs to alter than in scenes then draw the model over and over in the different scenes.

Off the top of my head and recentish ones

Usagi Drop
Kids on the Slope
Chihayafuru
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Utakoi
Honey and Clover
Ristorante Paradiso
Polar Bear Cafe

*looks at this list as well as another one*
nope I haven't a clue what in the hell makes something josei instead of shojo lol.
The word Josei was firstly announced as manga in which josei means women or ladies. These types of manga or animes are specially created by women for late teenage and adult female audiences.The josei series that become anime are often noted (and criticized) for their tendency to feature homoerotic themes, often because of a large misinterpretation of the demographic origin. Josei has come to a point where it is often mistaken for shounen when adapted to an anime. Series such as 07-Ghost, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, or (most recently) Karneval are josei series that seem to attract a large amount of banter from audience members that are unaware of the meaning of a josei status
though it seems likely it's more just the age group the drama is dealing with as most of those shows are college age drama instead of highschool o_O

Gazoinks

*looks at this list as well as another one*
nope I haven't a clue what in the hell makes something josei instead of shojo lol.

though it seems likely it's more just the age group the drama is dealing with as most of those shows are college age drama instead of highschool o_O

Josei is basically shojo aimed at adult women instead of teens. Like with any manga demographic, it's all down to what magazine it appears in. Flowers of Evil, for instance, is technically shonen even though it's not what people usually mean when they ask for shonen recommendations.

zulux21

Josei is basically shojo aimed at adult women instead of teens. Like with any manga demographic, it's all down to what magazine it appears in. Flowers of Evil, for instance, is technically shonen even though it's not what people usually mean when they ask for shonen recommendations.

I do find it odd that people base it off what magazine publish it instead of the content of the manga/anime... for the record :p

Midonin

BTW, has it been said if Fate/Kaleid will run at the same time with Fate/Stay Night from Ufotable? Or will it end this season?
Much like its first season, 2wei is only 10 episodes. Though another OVA has already been announced for later. And I wouldn't be surprised if it got a third.

Gazoinks

Nodame Cantabile is a nice romantic comedy, I almost could say it's very universal, every genre and age. I wouldn't pigeonhole it in a specific crowd.

Nodame Cantabile is great and everyone should watch it. Really surprised me how much I enjoyed it.

Is it true the 2nd and 3rd seasons aren't as good? Haven't seen them yet.

Nordicus

The Eccentric Family 3

That opening song has such a familiar style that I had to check who made, and look at that, it's Milktub, the same band that made the really good Baka to Test ending songs. To me, the songs sound a lot like the kind of rock that was popular here in Finland (especially) in the 90s. It invokes a bit of nostalgia.

Benten just gets more unnerving every episode. With the power to summon stormclouds and the strength to go against a whale, she's basically a god. Yasaburou's dad was yet even more incredible. Transformed into a god damn mountain! This power balance is rather interesting change, because in a lot of stories, humans make deals with supernatural beings who're higher on the foodchain, but in this case, it's a human who's intimidating our tanuki characters with just her calm presence.

By the way, the dialog is so good. Like, when the 2 old tengu have their little talk, even as I have no idea who's who with all the names that're brought up, I'm still drawn into it. I'm not bored or feeling confused in the slightest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom