• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nozaki-Kun - 3

THlJcnD.png

I'm surprised that I'm actually finding this funny. The characters are likeable, and nothing's coming off as forced. I usually don't watch these kind of shows, so this is kind of a big surprise for me.

I honestly think neither Goku or Ging even get close.

Goku is certainly a terrible father but he still spent quite some time with Gohan and it was Piccolo who turned his son into a fighter and has thrown him into life&death battles. With Cell Goku understood he was outclassed and that Gohan's hidden potential is their only chance.
Ging left Gon at a family home with loving relatives. It's entirely Gon's fault that he decided to involve himself with the Hunters and with all the trouble so far.

Minato on the other hand,
(Spoilers for Shippuden 27-249) defeats Tobi and manages to place his teleportation tag on him. That means that he can teleport to him at any time and try to finish him off. Even Tobi wouldn't have known it was coming and he can stay intangible for only 5 minutes. Eventually Minato would have finished the job. Kushina offers to drag the Kyubii back into her so that it might "die" with her and disappear for a while thus solving the immediate "Kurama on rampage in Konoha" problem.

There is a rather a clear and logical path for the best outcome. Minato let's his wife take care of Nine-tails and he takes care of the masked man. Naruto is left with single parent, Konoha loses Kyubii Jinchuiriki but its a meaningless loss as Kushina doesn't control Kurama like Bee does with his Tailed Beast, (side note: the whole Bijuu's as power balancer between villages doesn't make any sense for that reason.) Konoha retains its powerful Hokage who can deal with Uchiha crisis and all other problems, Tobi is dead and Akatsuki doesn't exist. Voila, finito Naruto ends before it even begins.

Now what Minato actually did: He lets Tobi off the hook and tells no one about him, decides to suicide to seal Nine-tails into Naruto, thus condemning him to: be hated by the villagers, the life of an orphan and to being hunted by Tobi for the rest of his life. Great job Minato !

It's just terrible writing from Kishi who couldn't think of a credible way to kill off his Mary Sue. -_-
TLDR

Let's just say that most Shonen dads are dicks.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
3 Relationships

Usagi x Mamoru
Neptune x Uranus
Luna x Artemis

Sailor Moon 31

Watching this episode got me really excited for the new dub, I think Michelle Ruff will kill some of these scenes with Luna being the comedic focus.

Other then that I didn't care for this episode much, at least all 7 rainbow crystals are found so hopefully the plot can move forward again soon.

These couple of episodes have mainly about killing time until the last scout arrives.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Finally decided to start up this summer season and caught up to date with a few shows.

Nozaki-Kun

Fucking hilarious. Haven't laughed at a show this hard in years, its just great.

Aldnoah Zero

Also really enjoyable. Except for Inaho. Fuck him. Seriously, fuck him. He is the fucking worst.

This show should better have Slaine wrecking his shit soon because god damn the entire deck has been stacked against him so far (and hopefully he finds himself a nice Terran girl too). Doubt it happens. Looks like Slaine is getting Sayaka'd hard here :(

Anyway so far 2/2. Next up is Sabagebu. Dunno what other good shows there are this season, up for anything.

Finally decided to start up this summer season and caught up to date with a few shows.

Nozaki-Kun

Fucking hilarious. Haven't laughed at a show this hard in years, its just great.

Aldnoah Zero

Also really enjoyable. Except for Inaho. Fuck him. Seriously, fuck him. He is the fucking worst.

This show should better have Slaine wrecking his shit soon because god damn the entire deck has been stacked against him so far (and hopefully he finds himself a nice Terran girl too). Doubt it happens. Looks like Slaine is getting Sayaka'd hard here :(

Anyway so far 2/2. Next up is Sabagebu. Dunno what other good shows there are this season, up for anything.

Barakamon

Vecks

Been trying to catch up on some anime. Feels like months since I last watched something.

Free! Eternal Summer 1

More of the same I guess. That club introduction was, uh, intense. Hoping for less drama this time around since everybody seems to be back on good terms. ED song is nice.

Invaders of Rokujyoma

Are ghost girls really popular now? I don't get the appeal. Anyway, seems like typical mindless harem fluff. Will keep going for Tulip's voice.

Sabagebu!

Also pretty uninspired, and not particularly funny. But since it's light-hearted and silly, I'll keep going anyway.

These couple of episodes have mainly about killing time until the last scout arrives.

Yep, and thank lord we'll finally be past that next week

Sailor Moon 32

Now that Naru and Umino is OTP they can finally be basically written off at this point to not show up again.

I like how "it's time to reveal the truth" and Luna still only reveals a fraction of the info she knows -.-

Overall a pretty good episode, could have done a little less of Umino Kamen being a goof ball in the first half though

HeartCatch Precure 48

There seems to be a throwback to the movie. I guess I have to watch that too

Welcome to what I consider my favorite episode in the franchise, despite whatever problems I had with it. It is the one episode I've watched numerous times already.

Black Butler: Book of Circus 1

The first half was dull, with an uninteresting look at a mundane day in Sebastian's life. His underlings are rather annoying. But once the dinner party got underway, it became quite interesting, starting with Sebastian's virtuoso salvaging of the wine glass pyramid, whereupon I realized that the underlings were just there to make Sebastian look better. When Sebastian's dark side was revealed, it got particularly entertaining. I especially liked the rewind/fast-forward effects showing the ridiculous violence he was up to during the cracks of the earlier events. The confrontation was over the top, but well handled for all that. I also liked how the dialogue brought out the parallelism between the butler side in the morning and the demon side at midnight. In addition, I must commend the episode for making the central premise of the series clear for newcomers such as myself while not feeling like it's loaded down by exposition.

I see this show is being directed by Noriyuki Abe of Bleach and Yu Yu Hakusho fame. I don't think much of Bleach, but this episode shows that Abe can still direct well when he tries.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yep, and thank lord we'll finally be past that next week

Sailor Moon 32

Now that Naru and Umino is OTP they can finally be basically written off at this point to not show up again.

I like how "it's time to reveal the truth" and Luna still only reveals a fraction of the info she knows -.-

Overall a pretty good episode, could have done a little less of Umino Kamen being a goof ball in the first half though

Oh, they will be a fixture up through Sailor Moon S.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nozaki latest
Box! I love how Nozaki manage to debut even though he have zero perspective sense. Hori is such a tsundere.

Barakamon latest
so good! This show is so consistently good! Naru being adorable, and sensei being kind.

Aldnoah Zero latest

Being Slaine is suffering. Inaho being stone cold bastard make me laugh.

Shergal

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! 9
Great episode. A small side-effect of this being made before Naisho but being set later chronologically was made apparent
as Doremi's (and everyone's, really) reaction to what was happening here would reasonably be different considering what happened in Naisho 12
but whatever, it wasn't the focus anyway.

It's good to have a dedicated Hazuki/Masaru ep, the season's going great so far but I was getting a bit worried of it being excessively focused on Hana.

Midonin

NouCome OVA

Taking the concept of choices in eroge/ADV/VNs and applying them to reality is one thing, but having Kanade go inside a VN and having two completely different sets of choices competing against each other is taking the meta to another meta-level. The OVA also seemed to use its power of not being aired on TV by being even lewder than usual. The TV series had some of it, but here? Too much Johnson. And those names for the characters. Unno Meito and Katakoi Nozomi. That is amazingly terribly good.

Mitsuwano

As much as maiko/geisha are one of the go-to stereotypes about Japan, I rarely see them in anime. Except for this one, an anime about such a profession. The short as a whole felt very much in the vibe of Hanasaku Iroha. The traditionally Japanese setting and strict adherence to mannerisms, the proteges training their younger students. Hearing the characters speak Kyoto-ben was also amusing for my ears. The visuals were these nice earthy tones. Nothing groundbreaking, but pleasant. Yui Horie's ED song also worked with the group dance performance at the end.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
i see duckroll still hasnt watched pupipo. disgusting

for shame

Patlabor 2

yx0NP4f.jpg

This is the face of a man who ran out of fucks to give a long, long time ago.

i need to pick PatLabor back up someday. I got a couple of episodes in but that was a very episodes of the dub. Protip: the PatLabor TV English dub is chernobyl-grade poo-poo, and that's coming from someone who generally favors having an English dub and is normally willing to overlook some mediocre/spotty dub work.

trippy ass rave

kanon5.jpg

dat lighting skill. Eat your heart out, Shinkai.

Akame ga Kill 8
Fully expected
Bulat to die this episode, just too many death flags.
Interesting bits of backstory but, they are just going to kill every likeable character, aren't they

I have a question for anyone that uses Amazon Japan regularly.

Want to pre-order the Seitokai Yakuindomo BD-boxes, but noticed that they are listed without a sale discount. I know there is the pre-order price guarantee, so should I just go ahead and order the two BD-boxes since the BDs don't come out until December and January? I have pre-ordered from Amazon Japan before, but that's only been for the latest manga volumes of Minami-ke.

Syrinx

Aria: The Origination 5.5

I like how when Akatsuki walked onto that balcony where Akari was sleeping, President Aria was just sitting there staring into blank space either not noticing or caring that Akatsuki was there about to yank on her sideburns (note: I realize they're not sideburns). Why's he wearing that outfit though? That ain't right.

If Akatsuki does have a crush on Akari, she would be the last to realize it.

CorvoSol

I don't know anything about it. lol

---
Meanwhile, finished up what was left of the current Sunrider release:

Yep, it's anime. They also got a Japanese band to do their theme song, so it was a bit of a surprise to hear Japanese lyrics all of a sudden. lol

How do you make an anime with two Rei Ayanamis. How.

cajunator

Banned
That's basically what I did. And I'm one of Prisma Illya's biggest supporters in this thread now!

But it is a good show. In fact, it's even better thahahaha even I can't finish that sentence with a straight face.

Prisma Illya is legit. No shame in that!
But dont post gifs of it here hahaha.

The worst anime thread is such a fun read.

I have faith that Xebec could handle the foodgasm splendidly.

It really is quite entertaining. Outside animegafs tastes are eclectic.

Nozaki-Kun

Aldnoah Zero

Nozaki kun is so much fun! Sabagebu is just as enjoyable but more because of how Binbougami Ga is fun. That sort of batshit insanity and a likeable asshole protag. I wish I could think of more comparisons, but that sort of protag is rare in anime.

CorvoSol

you
clone them duh

I hate you to death.

I don't know, but now I want to.

Pretty sure Adam and Eve got kicked out of the Garden of Eden for trying to find shit like this out.

It was explained before, but only the one on the right is the true Rei clone since she is also pseudo-emotionless.

The other one is just your typical
pettanko
shy girl.

But they both look so much like her. And like each other.

Dilli666

I haven't watched any Anime since my childhood days but now my gf and me are really enjoying Barakamon. Anyone got some other recommendations in the same genre?
Preferably funny without any moe or pantie shot stuff, which certainly would get me the eyes :V

Link Man

Banned
I haven't watched any Anime since my childhood days but now my gf and me are really enjoying Barakamon. Anyone got some other recommendations in the same genre?
Preferably funny without any moe or pantie shot stuff, which certainly would get me the eyes :V

Bunny Drop!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Cromartie High School
Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun
Gintama
Moyashimon 1st season
danshi kokousei no nichijou
Tonari no seki-kun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Space Dandy

The best Space Dandy episode yet.

The world of dead is colorful and imaginative. Many interesting visual here and there. Funny how the world of limbo feel so alive.
Also, Ogre you asshole is the most metal name ever, but they play a relatively calm song.
That final Dandy...is that Dandy who accept death?

Gazoinks

Bunny Drop is a good one if you want the same older man/adorable child dynamic. Little less comedy, little more heartwarming, but very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom