• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Well, Star Wars 7 won't be good. It'll just be. Like The Hobbit films.

I disagree. Abrams doesn't really have the reputation for making overly long stuff no one really wants. Instead he's known for giving fanboys just enough to be excited and feel validated about, while being just safe enough that everyone else is nodding a little and saying "well that wasn't too bad."

In other words, we'll probably be getting Star Trek instead.

dan2026

I disagree. Abrams doesn't really have the reputation for making overly long stuff no one really wants. Instead he's known for giving fanboys just enough to be excited and feel validated about, while being just safe enough that everyone else is nodding a little and saying "well that wasn't too bad."

The first Star Trek reboot film maybe.
Into Darkness was just bad all the way through.
Hell fire I paid money to see that crap.

Aria The Animation 07

RmMJMao.png

I don't know if I'd ever want these girls to be my Undine. I'm not sure what that building they used to escape was but it looks like this perfect paradise still has some sunken horrors.

duckroll

The first Star Trek reboot film maybe.
Into Darkness was just bad all the way through.
Hell fire I paid money to see that crap.

They were both bad, Into Darkness was just worse! The audiences still love both though! People are easy to please and fanboys love the in-jokes and "references"!

wonzo

Banned
gdgd fairies 2

gdgdf2.jpg

ive only seen two eps but the general gist is these little cg fairies talking about all the little things you dont think about but know has you legit shook as fuck to the core in modern day living and then they say what you've been thinking all along like it aint shit and then y'all like
weebay.png
whew.png

basically what im trying to say is this is the most relevant philosophical work in contemporary society, the age of postphilosophy (and no zizek doesnt count even if he owns he aint fukken relevant to anyone other than bitter pretentious wanker commies like me)

Branduil

Attack of the Clones is certified fresh on RT. A full 2/3 of the people who reviewed it thought it was a good movie.

But RT isn't an opinion source. There's no "argument" against it. It shows the general opinion. There's nothing to argue against. :p

Sure, the problem isn't RT. The problem is people.

Finalow

Mobile Suit Gundam I (first compilation film)

Uh, maybe I should have just watched the television series instead. The pacing went to absolute hell after the first hour, though the missing content could be felt to a lesser degree in the first half. On second thought, maybe I don't want to watch the television series if it has even more bad melodramatic scenes.
'79 tv series? That's boring as hell, not sure about the movies since I didn't see them but I doubt that they're worse.

NoTacos

I just caught up on Naruto and all hell has broken loose. Ninja War 4 is no joke, honestly shocked to see an anime with more powerups than DBZ.

And hot damn Team 7 is holding! The new Three is super jacked.

Re: Hamatora 8
I was wondering when they would finally reveal Hajime's Minimum and now they do. Also revealing who Saikyou is. This episode explained a lot

Narag

Mobile Suit Gundam I (first compilation film)

Uh, maybe I should have just watched the television series instead. The pacing went to absolute hell after the first hour, though the missing content could be felt to a lesser degree in the first half. On second thought, maybe I don't want to watch the television series if it has even more bad melodramatic scenes.

Sayla's Agony is the sixteenth episode of Mobile Suit Gundam.

Chef Tamura brings Bright a hamburger and tells him that the ship is running low on salt. As Amuro repairs the Gundam, Fraw brings him food and tells him they are out of salt. A salt lake is located nearby, and Bright decides to take a brief detour to it to get salt for Tamura. The White Base soon finds the new location of the lake where they hope to recover their salt supply.

Your call.

cajunator

Banned
My friend insisted on giving me a free 1 month of crunchyroll the other day. Any other shows I should be checking out?

I was already watching Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo ESP, Rail Wars & Akame ga Kill! before this.

The other shows that I thought of maybe watching are Jinsei, Glasslip & Locodol. I just haven't got around to them yet.

Nozaki kun, Aldnoah Zero, and Sabagebu from this season. If you want some older stuff, search up From The New World, Tsuritama, and Jinrui

This is why I dont trust streaming much. Luckily Ive seen most of this except the one with catgirls that I guess I need to watch this week.

I have a confession that I actually enjoy the star trek films, and find original star trek too eh.

I like both really. However the originals have a certain understated charm whereas the new ones are fun action flicks.

satire, but Gaf takes this notion very seriously. Its laughable.

cajunator

Banned
Yes, this scene was incredible! I really need to pick up the BD at some point.

Yes you definitely need that NISA set. Its nice :)

The full version OP of Gekkan Shoujou Nozaki Kun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AxDr8VGtSk#t=05s

Hnnnnnnng

Was "The World Is Still Beautiful" any good? Mostly curious because Yamashita was the composer.

Yeah its alright. Nike is a cutie. Its better than Golden Time (most things are)

duckroll

Nozaki-kun - Episode 7

Damn this show is fucking hilarious. The comedic beats are great, the subject matter makes it more interesting, and the characters are just fantastic. How they play off each other works so well. Mikorin is just a magnet of abuse but he's sooo fun to watch.

Nozaki-kun - Episode 8

Another great episode! Kashima is just the most amazing Captain Oblivious. It was super charming watching the entire thing play out over the course of the episode. It's sad, it's tragic, but it's also so fucking humorous. The entire in-joke about how everyone "reads" the manga is great too. The best part about the background art subplot is how it kept reminding me of the discussion we on the thread way back about the Accel World toilets. Sogood.

RT may not work for certain genres, action movies are a big thing as a critically bad action film could still be really stupid fun to watch, but they've helped me more than they have disagreed with my opinion.

I knew Only God Forgives would be bad and RT told me so as well. Then my friend made me watch it and I hated every minute. The direction that worked in Drive did not work for that film.

Hugstable

Banned
Nozaki-kun - Episode 7

Damn this show is fucking hilarious. The comedic beats are great, the subject matter makes it more interesting, and the characters are just fantastic. How they play off each other works so well. Mikorin is just a magnet of abuse but he's sooo fun to watch.

Nozaki-kun - Episode 8

Another great episode! Kashima is just the most amazing Captain Oblivious. It was super charming watching the entire thing play out over the course of the episode. It's sad, it's tragic, but it's also so fucking humorous. The entire in-joke about how everyone "reads" the manga is great too. The best part about the background art subplot is how it kept reminding me of the discussion we on the thread way back about the Accel World toilets. Sogood.

Episode 8 was so hilarious seeing Hori basically hating being put into the role of the girl each time since Kashima is basically the prince of all princes haha. The whole show could be a pure character driven comedy like this and I will be happy, everything I've seen so far is hilarious. Mikorin is so funny too in how he acts in front of every girl, but once they give him an affirmative he's just starts freaking out a bit.

Episode 8 was so hilarious seeing Hori basically hating being put into the role of the girl each time since Kashima is basically the prince of all princes haha. The whole show could be a pure character driven comedy like this and I will be happy, everything I've seen so far is hilarious. Mikorin is so funny too in how he acts in front of every girl, but once they give him an affirmative he's just starts freaking out a bit.
Well the whole show is a character driven comedy so you'll be happy. Even the manga aspect is about the characters interacting.

Nozaki-kun - 4

Oh God.

They're playing a visual novel. And Nozaki wonders why the cliché best friend of the VN is so helpful to the main character. So much so that he and Mikorin end up focusing on him more than all the other girls and it goes all DTL.

AOTY.

TUSR

Banned

Was looking through your movie list and grabbed a few of them to watch. Also added Millenium Actress to my list as well.

Nozaki-Kun 1-4

Definitely my AOTS if you don't count Mahouka being a guilty pleasure. The whole cast has their own quirks and are lovable in their own way. Someone told me new characters will stop being introduced soon which im looking forward to. The one episode exposition of each introduced character was done well.

Haruhi Episode 1: Episode 00

lol wut? They were filming a movie the whole time? I'm.... confused

Is that "The Adventures of Mikuru"? I don't think I ever watched that episode.

Hugstable

Banned
Was looking through your movie list and grabbed a few of them to watch. Also added Millenium Actress to my list as well.

Nozaki-Kun 1-4

Definitely my AOTS if you don't count Mahouka being a guilty pleasure. The whole cast has their own quirks and are lovable in their own way. Someone told me new characters will stop being introduced soon which im looking forward to. The one episode exposition of each introduced character was done well.

Is that "The Adventures of Mikuru"? I don't think I ever watched that episode.

Yeah it was that episode where you had one girl in the bunny suit and another in the witch costume. I have no idea what was really going on besides the end of it in which you find out they were filming some movie, which explains the weird look and aspect ratio. Thanks for the weird film SOS brigade...

Gosick 01

Inappropriate touching.

So, an exchange student who gets an unfortunate nickname, a strange mystery-solving bored girl and a pompadour detective in 1920s Europe. Not the most common setting then, although it's still set in a school for the first part of the episode.

I've been watching the second part of season 1 of SAO, will post my review when I'm over, but one thing I can say already: it will not be good.

Hugstable

Banned
The Tsundere of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 2 (Just so it's known I'm watching broadcast order)

Well this episode at least makes sense and now we get some character introductions. Haruhi is alot crazier than I thought since she really wants to talk to aliens, but her changing her haircut everyday was kinda cute. Seems like a high school club style anime so far, but hearing that there are multiple ways to watch this show has me thinking something crazy is gonna happen soon, especially with the fact that everything airs out of order. What am I in for lol?

Also damn son you just got Onegai'd!!!

Seems like a high school club style anime so far, but hearing that there are multiple ways to watch this show has me thinking something crazy is gonna happen soon, especially with the fact that everything airs out of order. What am I in for lol?

That is pretty much what it is. A slice of life club anime with some sci-fi elements. There is a continuing story but the plot isn't anything amazing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Fucking A lol I also like the Hobbit films enough. I mean they're no Lord of the Rings, but I'm entertained with them. Am I so disconnected from my fellow sci fi and fantasy nerds?! lol

Fucking Peter Jackson, that hack thinking his dumb additions are actually decent. Ruined the whole thing.

I guess I was under the impression that the second Hobbit film was something that people had no strong opinions about either way and the response was the definition of milquetoast. Looks like I was wrong. lol

For me to dislike a movie they'd have to bastardize it to the point they remove material from it and remove a lot of its metaphors or meaning. Look at Ender's Game. Now that rustled my jimmies

survivor

Banned
I guess I was under the impression that the second Hobbit film was something that people had no strong opinions about either way and the response was the definition of milquetoast. Looks like I was wrong. lol

The second movie was the one they tacked in a dumb love triangle subplot and tricking Evangeline Lilly into accepting the role promising they wouldn't do something like this. Not to mention all the silly and dull action scenes sprinkled throughout the entire movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom