• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormKing

Aldnoah 9

Wish they would stop with teasing.

The princess is not dead. She hasn't had the op scene and the show is only 1/3 the way through.

Nice episode overall though. Less action more character development.

SHONEN HOLLYWOOD –HOLLY STAGE FOR 49-Episode 9 Shining Pathetically

Some of the random jobs were funny. Personally liked the hot baths one (Tomii) the best even if it seemed like one of the more odd jobs. Im glad they just smiled and kept going.

The message behind the episode was great, though kind of vain looking back on it.
would one really take someone who just wants people to obsess over them and be popular and such, though I guess it comes with the good looks

Third best ending song.

Shergal

Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai!
There is some nice oldschool animation, this being a 90s OAV, though don't expect craziness as there aren't action scenes.

Looking at the credits, there is an impressive collection of animators, but I was searching in the credits more for the character designer. I'm sure I've watched other stuff designed by him, with the same noses (aside from Akira, I noticed that), eyes and sticky members.

edit: It seems more a case of Takashi Nakamura style that infected the character design for Gosenzosama, Satoru Utsunomiya. Or maybe it's the other way, whatever. Both worked on Akira, at least, which is a bit in the middle of both styles.

Utsunomiya and Nakamura go hand in hand as key figures in the development of 80s realism. Nakamura got the bigger gigs with the Otomo works, but Utsunomiya's Gosenzosama Banbanzai was actually far more influential and important for animators at the time. The kind of expressive, full-body character acting you see in it was something completely new at the time and comes directly from Utsunomiya's style of animating.
A bit of further reading:
http://www.pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/gosenzosama_banbanzai
http://www.pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/spotlight_on_satoru_utsunomiya

Sword Art Online II 09

Ok, that was actually pretty good. Fight was good,
Sinon suddenly getting shot was unexpected and made me interested.
Until the dumb reveal that Dess Gun's Dess Gun is the same gun that Sinon used. Seems pretty contrived though

And it can still never miss an opportunity to slip in a Sinon butt shot.

Aldnoah Zero 09

1381399553401.gif

Mahouka Episode 22

Wow pretty amazing job with the Man-Eating Tiger moments, going in that direction for adapting it made it even more intense than how he wrote it in the light novel
both with Naotsugu and Mari, and then Mari, Mayumi (she really needed protecting? she was just as powerful as Mari), and Tatsuya).

Animated version does show just how little Tatsuya is contributing to the arc thus far though
Pixie scene was creative, also that was not how I imagined it, should be great assuming they do an S2 for that contribution in that arc

SAOII 09
Average episode. I have to say the cliffhangers are pretty well done for SAO and I want to see the next episode. The gratuitous Sinon ass shots
when she is about to die
were weird but I expect nothing less from SAO at this point. Kirito's skills with a lightsabre are better than a Jedi's. No way they flip backwards and forwards just to deflect bullets but Kirito has to do it in style!

Aldnoah 09
I can't get into this. The direction during the lieutenant's PTSD reliving was terrible. The dialogue was rushed, the camera angles were weird and the music did nothing. The scene overall failed to get any emotional response from me at all. Of course we had to have a scene like that ending. What is anime without naked girls with no nipples
strangling each other

Decent episode overall but we still have no character development for Inaho except that he always has that stupid face no matter what he is feeling.

Finalow

what's this hype for Aldnoah new episode, I expect that someone is going to die horribly.
it's been so long since the last good (written) episode.

Oh cool another New 3DS exclusive.
nah, that looks too good. the next gen cpu and ram/vram that it has can't probably handle it.

BowedShadyBluetickcoonhound.gif

phaze

So Strike Witches then? Done and done.

I'll begin watching it and posting impressions on Sunday. Will most likely not be able to watch any anime tomorrow unfortunately.

Oh you poor soul.

Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie

Corny as shit

May have been corny but the ending got me all the same. Still the best Naruto movie though that's not saying much.

Aldnoah.Zero 09

Well that was supremely dumb.

I don't know why I always have to latch on Kariya type of characters in projects Urobuchi was involved in. -_-

Worst villain back story since Tobi. Though I appreciate him shedding more light on the feudal and Vers aspect of things.

I'm not gonna watch the episode till tomorrow since friends are here can people stop being reacting scream reviewers and spoil me at what happens because from implications I might be dropping it lol

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not gonna watch the episode till tomorrow since friends are here can people stop being reacting scream reviewers and spoil me at what happens because from implications I might be dropping it lol

Princess gets strangled in the shower with a chain by Ms. Little Rat. Scene was straight out a prison flick.

Midonin

Mahouka 22

Okay, Miyuki, you're starting to introduce conflict into this relationship by acting on your feelings. That already gives you a leg up on Tatsuya. So many things happen, but it all becomes white noise after a while.

Captain Earth Episode 22

One of the times I wished we had a spoilery episode preview, of all the places to end an episode on :(
I dont want a dream AU scenario next episode, I want to see how they are able to entangle link forward with that salty dog interference

Finalow

I don't know if I'd describe lots of people shouting angrily as "hype"!
well they seem excited, without reading the spoilers I can't tell if it's a good thing or not but now I'm curious. (=hype)
it's either super good or super dumb. or even both, I think I'm ok with that.

Gosick 8
So the real culprit for the current murders was among that group. That surprised me. And then the superstitious girl became psycho
and the protagonist almost died and was the real culprit behind Cordelia's exile

Jex

well they seem excited, without reading the spoilers I can't tell if it's a good thing or not but now I'm curious. (=hype)
it's either super good or super dumb. or even both, I think I'm ok with that.

Well I'm felt nothing at all about the show for weeks, so I guess feeling anything at all would be in improvement.

sonicmj1

Aldnoah Zero 9

Contrived as that scene may have been, it made me feel the things it was supposed to make me feel, which is more than I could say for the suffering last week.

Deadly

Aldnoah 09
Goddamn that was good

Mahouka 22
Watanabe's fighting style wasn't quite as awesome as I imagined. That fanservice ending though :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom