• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
AldnoaLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

FUCK THIS STUPID SHOW

THIS MAKES SAO LOOK LIKE THE SMARTEST ANIME IN YEARS

If SAO = Kotaku levels of hack writing, then Aldnoah Zero = Polygon, this series is a god damn joke and makes most of the bad anime I've seen in the past 2 years look 10x better

I keep saying this show is the dollar store brand of Code Geass cola.

Gosick 9-10
This new arc with a Victorique getting a cold wasn't as exciting, mostly because the crime was quite straightforward with the motive and not much hiding the evidence. The new characters were interesting

zulux21

im watching aldnoah 9 myself right now, i am amused that since episode 5 where I went on a rant on how that episode was garbage and a lot of people defended the show that most people have come over to the show isn't very good side though :p

JoeFu

Banned
im watching aldnoah 9 myself right now, i am amused that since episode 5 where I went on a rant on how that episode was garbage and a lot of people defended the show that most people have come over to the show isn't very good side though :p

But what did 64 thousand people on MAL think of it?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Knights of Sidonia episode 8
Well there were alot of revelaitons this episode, that explains why tanikaze is so special

Syrinx

Chihayafuru 12

I did like the scene where Chihaya found that album of her that had the clipping from the article and the picture she did as a model for Kana-chan. Reinforces that her parents actually do care about her and are proud of her. It's just that unlike her sister, she doesn't need the constant lavishing of praise and is independent and can handle these things on her own. That said, it wouldn't hurt to give her a little acknowledgement and encouragement once in a while.

And once again, it comes back to Arata.

Excel Saga 1-16

Excel-Saga.jpg

It's so strange and random, and I like it.

I really want to type out a great response to this, but I'm camping, so I can't. I think you're dead on about G being more or less the only major departure from series conventions, though. X is sort of just a what if on MSG, Wing feels like a highlights version of MSG-CCA, and SEED and AGE are almost straight recaps of UC. Only 00 seemed different at first, and S2 becamea terrible retread of Zeta.

Although I loved GBF, I kinda think the entire genre needs something big to kickstart it.

Don't worry; Tomino is back to save Gundam!

zulux21

You know boring protagonist
is just going to resuscitate the naked princess with his amazing CPR skills next episode.

that's my thoughts... though it's clear the writers
don't have a real grasp on how long it takes people to die given how long the scene with the guy in the fire went on :p

Tomino has said some interesting things over the past few days...

Gundam creator isn’t making his new series for you, doesn’t care if you don’t like it

- “Preexisting fans of Gundam won’t be able to understand it…I’m not making this for you, so please show it to your children and grandchildren, instead.”

Gundam's Tomino Thinks Young Voice Actors All Sound the Same

- "All of the young voice actors had been contaminated by currently trendy anime. All of their voices sounded the same to me, so the first order of business was to break them of those habits."

- According to Tomino, current voice acting adds too much flare and he was looking for actors whose voices sounded natural.

-The director also reached back in time to retcon his approval of Syd Mead's mechanical designs in Turn A Gundam.

:Tomino

Gosick 11
Interesting backstory for the Inspector and his love and his hair. Though there seems to be pointless drama between Victorique and Grevil

Welcome back hehee.
What sort of shows do you have in mind?

<3

I have Kanon to watch. After that I don't know. i threw a few interesting looking series into My Anime List. I'm not sure what to watch after Kanon, any recommendations would be nice.

Recent but not super recent so I can binge at least a couple seasons would be preferable.

Jarmel

Banned
- “Preexisting fans of Gundam won’t be able to understand it…I’m not making this for you, so please show it to your children and grandchildren, instead.”

This is super worrisome. I'm going to get Tomino'd again.

Tomino has said some interesting things over the past few days...

As a result, Tomino is pinning all of his hopes on the next generation of grown-ups, claiming that the issues raised in G-Reco regarding how resources are procured and used will raise young viewers’ consciousness of these problems. “In 10 years, you’ll see them starting to take action. I think I’ve sown the seeds for that.”

I hope G-Reco isn't going to turn out like Arjuna, with screechy, preachy environmental messages spewed around everywhere. That doesn't do service to anyone.

I can see where Tomino comes from with his comments about voice actors though. I like it when a series uses natural voice acting, such as in Flowers of Evil or Mushishi, instead of the hyper-stylized voice acting you get in most anime.

I hope G-Reco isn't going to turn out like Arjuna, with screechy, preachy environmental messages spewed around everywhere. That doesn't do service to anyone.

I can see where Tomino comes from with his comments about voice actors though. I like it when a series uses natural voice acting, such as in Flowers of Evil or Mushishi, instead of the hyper-stylized voice acting you get in most anime.

I think it looks like he's pre-covering his ass so that if G-reco gets blasted then he can fall back on that.

Rhapsody

Banned
Still though, it's probably good that he's making a new Gundam for a new generation. They need that next wave, imo.

Although maybe Build Fighters already accomplished that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom