• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I hope G-Reco isn't going to turn out like Arjuna, with screechy, preachy environmental messages spewed around everywhere. That doesn't do service to anyone.

I can see where Tomino comes from with his comments about voice actors though. I like it when a series uses natural voice acting, such as in Flowers of Evil or Mushishi, instead of the hyper-stylized voice acting you get in most anime.

I think a lot of that is due to seiyuu culture unfortunately.

Jarmel

Banned
I have no faith in Tomino's writing. None. So I'm mostly in it for the Yoshida and 2D mecha animation. If I can get through OKG, I can get through this.

Mahouka 22

Alright they have 4 episodes remaining to adapt the rest of the good parts of Yokohama.

Hopefully, that's enough leeway for them to not screw it up by rushing everything.

zulux21

I've always heard it's two cour. I can't see it finishing in 2-3 episodes.

Edit: then again info is mixed. Regardless I won't give the show the benefit of me finishing it.

reading up it seems both are correct... it's being done like space dandy. it will indeed be two cour but there will be a break (of unknown length) between the first 12 episodes and the last 12.

It's split-cour, it shares the same timeslot as Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and will resume in Winter.

not only beaten but also slightly corrected :p
does this mean that fate stay is only going to be 12-13 eps or will it get split up as well... or is the winter return for aldnoah just speculation given that is how most split cour shows work?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Knights of sidonia 9+10
Im drawing a blank on episode 9 for some reason but episode 10 was pretty interesting plus left off on a cliffhanger that will most likely lead into the final, does anyone know when season 2 will air?

Jarmel

Banned
not only beaten but also slightly corrected :p
does this mean that fate stay is only going to be 12-13 eps or will it get split up as well... or is the winter return for aldnoah just speculation given that is how most split cour shows work?

Fate will be broken up into two sections. So Ald-Fate-Ald-Fate.

First section of Fate is supposed to be the general info stuff and the 2nd cour is going to be heavy UBW.

Blusby

Fate will be broken up into two sections. So Ald-Fate-Ald-Fate.

First section of Fate is supposed to be the general info stuff and the 2nd cour is going to be heavy UBW.

It's gonna be a straight adaptation of the Unlimited Blade Works route from the get-go, with the addition of new scenes like a dialogue between Kirei & Gil.

Kyuur

It breaks my heart that Argevollen is getting 24 episodes and Nozaki-kun is only getting 12! From what I can tell we're only about 1/2 way through the published manga material. Curse you Dogakobo!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It breaks my heart that Argevollen is getting 24 episodes and Nozaki-kun is only getting 12! From what I can tell we're only about 1/2 way through the published manga material. Curse you Dogakobo!
I don't know how to break this to you but Naruto has nearly 6,800 episodes.

Jarmel

Banned
It's gonna be a straight adaptation of the Unlimited Blade Works route from the get-go, with the addition of new scenes like a dialogue between Kirei & Gil.

I think there was a comment somewhere that UBW is the main focus of the 2nd cour. Yes the whole thing is an adaptation of UBW but there was something about the 2nd cour being more 'oriented' in that regard.

Hopefully didn't pick the wrong topic to post in, but I'm looking for recommendations at this point. My recent exploits have been:

Attack on Titan
Danganronpa
Psycho Pass
Kill la Kill

Enjoyed each of them.

Should I take a look at SAO? Is there any other shows available on Netflix I should take a look at?

Thx in advance!

UBW is definitely gonna tide me in until Heaven's Feel comes. But just imagining the wait for Heaven's Feel is gonna be a killer. If it's gonna be a series of movies yeah 2016/2017 is probably the earliest of all the movies being out.

Pooya

it looks like it has been successful, good manga boost, anime preorders don't look bad either. Maybe we get more someday.

Argevollen OTH will sell negative numbers, don't worry about it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Knights of Sidonia episode 11
sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg

Shit is getting real I tell ya what

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hopefully didn't pick the wrong topic to post in, but I'm looking for recommendations at this point. My recent exploits have been:

Attack on Titan
Danganronpa
Psycho Pass
Kill la Kill

Enjoyed each of them.

Should I take a look at SAO? Is there any other shows available on Netflix I should take a look at?

Thx in advance!
Please do not watch SAO.

Hopefully didn't pick the wrong topic to post in, but I'm looking for recommendations at this point.

Don't worry; this is the right thread to ask for recommendations in!

Should I take a look at SAO?

No.

Is there any other shows available on Netflix I should take a look at?

The following are worth watching and are on Netflix:

Fate/Zero
Fullmetal Alchemist
Noragami
Ouran High School Host Club
Spice and Wolf

Syrinx

Don't worry; this is the right thread to ask for recommendations in!

No.

The following are worth watching and are be on Netflix:

Fate/Zero
Fullmetal Alchemist
Noragami
Ouran High School Host Club
Spice and Wolf

Netflix only has the second season of Spice and Wolf though. It's stupid as hell.

Blusby

UBW is definitely gonna tide me in until Heaven's Feel comes. But just imagining the wait for Heaven's Feel is gonna be a killer. If it's gonna be a series of movies yeah 2016/2017 is probably the earliest of all the movies being out.

I hope Ufotable cuts down or at least shortens Sakura's scenes, cause damn did those ruin Heaven's Feel for me.

Elfen Lied 11-13/OVA

Well, they managed to satisfy my bloodlust...almost all of it
Goddammit, why couldn't Bandoh die?!
. Could have done without the OVA. Overall, I liked it a lot. The anime ending isn't the manga ending, is it?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
what's the point of ANN doing episode-by-episode reviews if they're gonna be terrified of giving anything below a B?
Maybe they hired video games journalists who lost their jobs after video games died.

Blusby

Cooking Time with Sakura |OT| Fate/Stay Night teaches you how to prepare Japanese dishes

Grocery shopping with Illya made it worth while.

Hmmm I don't feel the same. Anyways let's hope it isn't one movie.

I'm hoping for at least three, like this:

1st film:
First nine days, ends on the rain scene.
2nd:
Ends on day 13 with the GARm, the big decision in the room.
3rd: Finale

Elfen Lied 11-13/OVA

Well, they managed to satisfy my bloodlust...almost all of it
Goddammit, why couldn't Bandoh die?!
. Could have done without the OVA. Overall, I liked it a lot. The anime ending isn't the manga ending, is it?

The manga goes MUCH further. The anime also changes some pretty significant stuff.

JoeFu

Banned
Looks like mal has been hacked again. I don't remember watching SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles! Season 2 9001 x 20 times

But thousands of people loved the show. MAL lists are never wrong. I will watch ssjmaster as it is the top anime ranked

Rhapsody

Banned
Looks like mal has been hacked again. I don't remember watching SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles! Season 2 9001 x 20 times

I should just make my MAL password specific only for MAL. Getting sick of these and getting paranoid on changing passwords for my other sites as well.

Aldnoah Zero 09

I always knew Rayet was the best girl and she ensured that her throne will never be challenged again.
Princess was a little chocked up about it yea, but who wouldn't be? I cannot wait to see Slaine's face when he finds out. I will drink his suffering tears.

You gotten be some kind of person to choke strangle someone to death while you're both naked in a shower.

Soma

myanimelist said:
SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles! Season 2 Ranked #20
Prepare yourself for another 9001 action-packed episodes oozing with epicness!

Shoulda went full weeb with the title for that MAL authenticity.

2/10 "hack"

Space Dandy 22

Really liked the direction and art style this episode (I will need massive amounts of screencaps and .gifs, there were so many references in there), and how they drew attention to Dandy's Solid Snake tier man booty and how not even Bean and Gel know what the plot is.

That ending was something else though.

Shergal

Dandy 22
It was kind of a weak ep, I felt it shared some issues with the other Nobumoto eps but this one came together for a much better climax.

However, it was entirely carried by KAMEDA so whatever.

Gave up on MAL a few months ago. I use www.hummingbird.me, and while the community's still growing, I find the interface a lot more modern, and stuff gets implemented/fixed all the time. MAL's just broken and a pain to browse on mobile.

Kyuur

I don't know how to break this to you but Naruto has nearly 6,800 episodes.

Yeah but it's a cash cow, so I get it. Argevollen is just... Argevollen.

it looks like it has been successful, good manga boost, anime preorders don't look bad either. Maybe we get more someday.

Argevollen OTH will sell negative numbers, don't worry about it.

Let's hope so, let's hope...

Not really, I mean people's livelihoods are at stake so hopefully some people like it. But man did I not like what I saw.

Jarmel

Banned
Space Dandy-22

0/3

This felt anti-climatic on a few levels. Both the writing and animation wasn't as good as I would have liked it.

Midonin

Rail Wars 09

A nice conclusion to this three-parter. The show is definitely pushing Aoi as the main girl, but I remain steadfast in both my Haruka love and that the show has always been about trains. It just cares about its characters, too. Noa's also declared her intentions, though I'm not expecting that to get resolved. As for Naoto's desire to be an engineer, that may be resolved so.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 01

MikeHattsu watchbet time.

Okay. It start and it looks to be some hot and heavy yuri with a deaf girl. Then suddenly green light and deaf girl can speak before she vanishes. Cut to a train with Russians, a bomb, a witch girl and a busty diplomat that fails to pose as a man. I have no idea wtf is going on and I don't know what I'm in for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom