• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 01

MikeHattsu watchbet time.

Okay. It start and it looks to be some hot and heavy yuri with a deaf girl. Then suddenly green light and deaf girl can speak before she vanishes. Cut to a train with Russians, a bomb, a witch girl and a busty diplomat that fails to pose as a man. I have no idea wtf is going on and I don't know what I'm in for.

Pancakes

Narag

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 01

MikeHattsu watchbet time.

Okay. It start and it looks to be some hot and heavy yuri with a deaf girl. Then suddenly green light and deaf girl can speak before she vanishes. Cut to a train with Russians, a bomb, a witch girl and a busty diplomat that fails to pose as a man. I have no idea wtf is going on and I don't know what I'm in for.

Yuri so strong it vanquished SDBUrton to WoW.

Syrinx

Aria: The Origination 8

When there's a relationship potentially on the rocks, everybody knows that the best course of action is to fake amnesia. Faking a kidnapping is also acceptable.

Episode was Maa-heavy, which is good because Maa's cool and doesn't get enough screentime. Also the first time he (she?) didn't bite Aria's belly. His love of bananas is seriously the worst thing that could have happened in that dorm room, though.

Aria: The Origination 8

When there's a relationship potentially on the rocks, everybody knows that the best course of action is to fake amnesia. Faking a kidnapping is also acceptable.

Episode was Maa-heavy, which is good because Maa's cool and doesn't get enough screentime. Also the first time he (she?) didn't bite Aria's belly. His love of bananas is seriously the worst thing that could have happened in that dorm room, though.

I believe Maa is female.

Can't wait to read your write-up to episode 9. One of best episodes in the series.

Jex

Tomino has said some interesting things over the past few days...

Gundam creator isn’t making his new series for you, doesn’t care if you don’t like it

- “Preexisting fans of Gundam won’t be able to understand it…I’m not making this for you, so please show it to your children and grandchildren, instead.”

Gundam's Tomino Thinks Young Voice Actors All Sound the Same

- "All of the young voice actors had been contaminated by currently trendy anime. All of their voices sounded the same to me, so the first order of business was to break them of those habits."

- According to Tomino, current voice acting adds too much flare and he was looking for actors whose voices sounded natural.

-The director also reached back in time to retcon his approval of Syd Mead's mechanical designs in Turn A Gundam.
:Tomino
Well, he's not wrong about voice acting.

Jarmel

Banned
what exactly is Hyouka Episode 11.5? It follows right after the murder mystery movie right?

What-Makes-Paint-Dry.jpg

Shergal

what exactly is Hyouka Episode 11.5? It follows right after the murder mystery movie right?

It's just a normal episode, aired between 11 and 12 outside of the broadcast schedule, so it's 11.5. Opinions seem to clash on its relevance to the series, with some going as far as saying it's what makes the entire show. Personally, while it kinda ties into the previous arc, it's a weak episode.

In any case, just watch it.

-----------------------
Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! 38
Hey, a great Aiko episode! Not just that, a damn Igarashi episode at that. While I never quite understood why, exactly, she is that distressed about the situation with her parents (I was about the same age as her when my parents divorced and it has never been a big deal to me), the dilemma presented to her in the episode is compelling enough. She's lived and grown up in Misora for almost 4 years and made all her best friends there, after all. It's not quite the same, but in that way it also ends in a similar note to Onpu's previous episode (33); I feel like they're building to something here, but I'd have to see how the eps dedicated to the rest of the cast go first.

fertygo

I'll not clicking that anime thread on OT

Nope, Nevah, Nada.
It's just a normal episode, aired between 11 and 12 outside of the broadcast schedule, so it's 11.5. Opinions seem to clash on its relevance to the series, with some going as far as saying it's what makes the entire show. Personally, while it kinda ties into the previous arc, it's a weak episode.

Only one person saying this, you silly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Only one person saying this, you silly.

11.5 is the best episode of the series!!!!!!

I haven't watched Argovellen but there is no greater sin in entertainment than being boring.

Well other than hardcore stuff like pedophilia and whatnot.

I did two episodes of it and I swear I haven't personally seen a more generic mecha anime ever. It was so boring. Aldnoah Zero is stupid, but at least I managed to get as far as I did.

jman2050

firehawk you make it difficult for me to support you on perfectly sound arguments like "Madoka Rebellion is the greatest thing ever" when you keep being silly like this!

Quasar

I'll admit I don't get the 'it makes the whole show' argument I do like it. Whilst it is a light summer break episode I think it does do stuff I found interesting both in terms of overall plot and character stuff.

is it more than chitanda in a bathing suit? or is this it?

Yeah. I think its quite a bit more than that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Right on time.
Of course. :p

People would trust you more if you had an avatar.
I did a joint animu avatar with macodin way back in the day. I'm still waiting for you to come up with a plan!

is it more than chitanda in a bathing suit? or is this it?
It's the most important episode in the series inasmuch as it cements Oreki's characterization and gives him the impetus and motivation to continue on in the rest of the series. It's the required denouement to the film arc, which leaves Oreki a broken man.

Zankyou no Terror

What the hell is this show about, I watched the first episode and kinda speechless in terms of what I am watching. Is this an anime from the point of view of Osama type character?

TUSR

Banned
guys is firehawk trolling me

I just finished Hyouka 11.5

It shows Oreki's character off more and has bathing suits.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't lie to your friends. We'll think your SAO hate is disingenuous next if you do.

You'd think he'd be more supportive of the rare work that passes the Bechdel test.
It doesn't, because the secret is the audience is the invisible male character watching the girls in every single scene of the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom