• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2026

Sabagebu! 09
OBVIOUSLY YOU DON'T LOVE HER ENOUGH TO CALL HER THE CORRECT NAME ESDESE

You love is false, Charlatan!

088.jpg

Akame Ga Kill! ep 9

osrtyr.jpg

Esdeath is the reason why she is the best character. The villain you can't hate but to love. No wonder the hero of the village she conquered wants to be dominated and lick her feet.

She conquered a whole région consisted of several tribes that were united as one..not just a small village ... it was a VERY BIG army. She would have probably took her sweet time to do it , if some rumours about night raid hadn't reached her.

PS: if someone say esdese, i replay with esdese... but otherwise i use esdeath..it's time to move on.

You love is false, Charlatan!

It's a dumb name and I refuse to accept it and no one else should, no amount of art books or official words can change that
It's like when they tried to tell me Chrollo Lucilfer's romanized name was Quwrof Wrlccywrlir.

I REJECT THESE NOTIONS ON MY OWN GROUNDS

To sum up-

old-man-cloud.jpg

Akame Ga Kill 9

qndSXDR.png

Damn, Esdeath is awesome. The Night Raid boss also looked a lot better with longer hair.

People really love the word "Jaegar" dont they?

Midonin

Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutor 04-06

So the tournament is not actually a tournament, but instead a setup for everyone being stranded on a desert island with a shaman-like dude who has gladitorial tigers. The definition of antagonist is a lot clearer than in GG, here. Bachou's friendship and slightly-smarter-than-Hakufu innocence is a good anchor, as is her friendship with Kyoucho. That moment when Kanu awakened the spirit of the warlord inside her was also pretty rad, though it cut away from the actual battle pretty quickly. Poor Kanu. She's done so much and keeps having terrible luck. And because it's pretty noticeable, the nude swordfight on top of the bath stands out for possibly the most skin shown in the series in a fighting context, compared to the goofing around Hakufu was doing later on at the hot springs. Not sure what to think of this new direction for the season. A masked wizard certainly isn't out of line with everything else, and it's a little more focused than GG, but GG was more personal in how it explored the characters. Finding the balance between the fighting/Three Kingdoms stuff and the interpersonal relationships (as they are) can be tricky, and I still think DD was the one that got it mostly right.

DRAMAtical Murder Episode 9 – Data_09_Echt

Awkward part how after they were fully clothed in the shower they stayed in the same clothes later on as well as the acid on Clears clothes part, kind of a let down in that area.

Clear's face is really pretty, second to only Noiz.

phaze

whatever kind this falls into:
c80cbf6bb9502b0f205e2fee53c26cda.gif

Yes, i'm aware it's from a movie. Just wondering if there's similar stuff in shows.

Of the recent ones, Noragami's last two episodes were great in that respect.

From the bit older shows Fate/Zero, Gurren Lagann, FMA Brotherhood are all action shows with great animation.

Oh Samurai Champloo has a lot of sword battles in a similar to Sword of the Stranger setting.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I wonder just how long Esdeath will last because I want to see more of her. Coming from someone who hasn't read the manga, its seems strange for her to just enslave tatsumi like that. Also can't wait to see more of the jaegars.

jman2050

Sabagebu 9

I was worried Momoka was softening up the last couple episodes but nope, she's still as evil and ruthless as always. The best MC for sure.

Also why the hell did Momoka even bother with that dog cafe in the first place?

Captain earth ... 21!
THIS POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU thanks to the Captain Earth OT
This episode was more packed than i would have expected. and that's cool because i expected a lot !
Captain%20Earth%20-%2021_01.jpg

The right kind of idol in a mecha show.
Idols are cool , idols are also scary .. Captain earth doesn't change from this formula.
It's a shame that she didn't activate her god mode..but it would have been too much for such an episode.

So hana is kidnapped ( again ) , the team is forced to deal with the imminent treat first while the whole possibility of the operation summer could fall..nice premise , good execution.

Captain%20Earth%20-%2021_02.jpg

A boosted plasmagun is obviously....
... a Gun that boost energy to create a giant plasma beam ?
OK this is good. this is great i don't mind the design of the gun much since it's not an extension of the robot BUT more than a coupling with it.

Nice deus-ex machina for some bullsh*t drama. The answer daichi gave was more like it.

Space Dandy 22

It was an entertaining episode, and I guess I'd rate it as a good episode. I guess my biggest disappointment is that there wasn't more dancing animation, I feel like we got more in the Viva All episode. I wanted to see a whole competition between Dandy and people. The ending song was amazing though.

edit: looks like next episode we have yet another episode of Dandy and the glasses lady in a romantic episode. Guess they were actually paired up for the show, even if they don't officially end up together. She is the most recurring female outside of Honey, and it's already obvious Honey only sees Dandy as a customer so I guess it works.

One Piece 3D2Y

This special is almost two hours long and...doesn't need to be at all. With a grand total of four encounters between Luffy and the big bad as well as ten to fifteen minutes of random Buggy antics, it's easy to see where the fat could've been trimmed. Worse, it feels like characters are brought in for no reason at all; story-wise, we only need Luffy, the villains, Rayleigh, and Hancock and the people under her. We get, in addition, several admirals, Buggy and his followers, Mihawk, and Perona.

The result is that the villain doesn't get enough screentime. He starts off fairly nondescript and uninteresting until the special, far too late, decides to give him some backstory. And to the writers' credit, they do try. It might even be interesting. But they've afforded themselves so little time that the guy's motivations have to be told rather than shown, and even then it feels a little bit lengthy for what it is. They also don't get off on the right foot because his initial capture by the government is incredibly stupid.

I could've watched all this for the animation. It looks rather nice all the way through with some good fight animation, but by the 45-50 minute mark I was just bored and wanted it to end.

Happiness Charge Precure: 30

So... the Shining Make Dresser thingy gives them makeup? Okay.... At least the rest of the episode was fun. I've got a soft spot for Dark/Evil Magical Girls. Its too bad they don't last long in Precure shows, Heartcatch's Dark Pretty Cure withstanding.

-----------------------------------------------------

Oh, and Hi.

whatever kind this falls into:
c80cbf6bb9502b0f205e2fee53c26cda.gif

Yes, i'm aware it's from a movie. Just wondering if there's similar stuff in shows.

Best anime sword fight ever.

Do you want more sword fights and or just well animated fights?

Sasuke_vs_killer_bee.gif

Sasuke vs Killer Bee is probably second best from the animes I've seen (if we're talking sword fights)

Best anime sword fight ever.

Do you want more sword fights and or just well animated fights?

Sasuke_vs_killer_bee.gif

Sasuke vs Killer Bee is probably second best from the animes I've seen (if we're talking sword fights)

preferably sword fights but well animated fights are also welcome. In regards to the Gif, it blows my mind how a weekly anime with over 370 episodes and running can pull out the money to animate something like that.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Akame ga Kill! 09

It's happening

Akame Ga Kill! ep 9

osrtyr.jpg

Esdeath is the reason why she is the best character. The villain you can't hate but to love. No wonder the hero of the village she conquered wants to be dominated and lick her feet.

What wars?

It's already pretty well known Esdese is #1.

Everyone else is desperately fighting for that #2 spot.

esahiv.gif

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Episode 9 – Do You Have Enough Excitement?

Sakura has pretty bland taste, how is the nozaki in costume look better than the original guy, or even suzuki. Not its best or most exciting episode, but all the time with the other editor for the girl was hilarious. He has the best manga ideas. And also how he can turn the person trying to make him apologize into the one that ends up apologize was incredible.

Mahouka 22

The action was sweet, and onii-sama kicked ass and didn't even have to move, while those plebs had to do spells and run around and shit, git 2 onii-sama's level you peasants.

And then the ending.

You were doing so good onii-sama. Then that happened. Now there is no denial that the thirst is ridiculously real. Disgustingly so. And because anime they ten show her squirming in excitement in her underwear because of onii-sama.

Gat damn anime. Just let me enjoy onii-sama and his badassness. No need for all this shit.

Majmun

Why did y'all recommend Berserk when I was looking for short material???

I basically spent my whole weekend watching Berserk and I'm slain. It's so good. But WTF....this is not a short series!!! I thought the whole plot would end within the 25 episodes.

But there are like 8868493922 manga's and 4 movies out there. Watching the anime has make me thirsty for more, but that was not my plan ;_;

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 09

I wonder if editors like Maeno actually exist.
Pretty much all the scenes and jokes hit the mark this episode, this show has been completely solid the whole way through.

Next episode looks amazing already.

I basically spent my whole weekend watching Berserk and I'm slain. It's so good. But WTF....this is not a short series!!! I thought the whole plot would end within the 25 episodes.

But there are like 8868493922 manga's and 4 movies out there. Watching the anime has make me thirsty for more, but that was not my plan ;_;

The movies cover the same material.
The manga is still ongoing, and will probably never end due to the author being on and off hiatus for a decade. Definitely not a short series, the 25 episode anime only covers one arc that's like 9 or 10 volumes out of the 37 volumes there are.

preferably sword fights but well animated fights are also welcome. In regards to the Gif, it blows my mind how a weekly anime with over 370 episodes and running can pull out the money to animate something like that.

Naruto (and shippuuden) have a ton of great fights.

kakuzu-and-kakashi-2-o.gif

tumblr_myjhzo7CZr1qbbllio3_r1_250.gif

The greatest imo being Naruto vs Sasuke:

sasuke-vs-naruto-4-gif-o.gif

They have some amazing directors on these episodes and budget obviously :)

Shergal

It's not quite about money, but about talent. A great animator will just go out of his way to animate beyond what is required, in some cases going over any allotted frame count.
Hiroyuki Yamashita, the dude who animated that, always provides stand out action sequences in Naruto. He's the trademark animator of the series, who shows up time to time to spice things up.

they must've been joking.

Oh shit, Shergal is in the final stretch of Dokkan!

Shergal is clearly the best Doremi watcher out of everyone (partly because he's in a more favorable position).

SAO II 09

If they knew he was hiding why didn't they just check the name of every other player and find one of the three players she knew she didn't recognize? I mean it's not like I'm asking for Shiroe strategic shit, it's like common fucking sense.

Well at least the episode delivered my rave party

Never watched Space Dandy but I think I'm gonna watch Episode 21 just for the music by one of my favorite bands...

considering it's probably the most popular episode as of today, you would be doing yourself a favor. Amazing episode. But don't watch it and expect most of Space Dandy to be like that. Because it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom