• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nozaki Kun 9

pjCfCUA.gif

The spartan umbrella phalanx around Kashima and the misprints in the second half of the episode had me laughing my ass off. Another great episode.

Chiyo makes the best faces too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not even, he's 6'3! I'm only three inches shorter than him! 'Freakishly tall' to me would be the half dozen or so dudes I know IRL who are in the 6'6-6'7 range.

I mean yes, Japan and all, but still!

It's more of an Asian thing.

On the smallest end of the scale but it's still realistic.

Pretty much sums up the series in one gif doesnt it?

I'm only 3 episodes in so I wouldn't know yet.

I think Yuno and Ninth were the only reasons I actually finished watching it. I mean I like it in a way and it's not too horrible, but the ending just really makes very little sense and alot of it just feels way different than the rest of the series did. I really like the first half of it quite a bit though. Still surprised at no Blu Rays for it, I own the DVD's myself.

I like it for all the crazy stuff that happens. And it's always entertaining.

Strike Witches - 1

Wait, this show is a fictional recreation of World War II with magical girls right?

Please tell me the leader of these aliens is magical space Hitler.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm only 3 episodes in so I wouldn't know yet.

I like it for all the crazy stuff that happens. And it's always entertaining.

Well yeah the show never stop being entertaining because of it, just thought it ended with a much different tone than when it started. I love the craziness in a way haha.

I always felt that petting people that are not children is extremely weird. Unless the person at hand is crying and needs consolation, or you're doing the whole "you little scamp!" thing. And some girls in anime look forward to it. Do you have such daddy issues? lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You need to begin posting Precure right now, Narag.

The sooner you start, the sooner you acquire immunity.

It's a bit like tenure in that sense.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Actually just now looking at his post again, he's not banned anymore?
HA HA HA oh wow.

But yeah, I was a bit confused because the first thing I did was look for one of his posts and saw he wasn't banned so the only other thing I could think of is that he had quit this community in a rather rash fashion in the IRC room.

Narag

You need to begin posting Precure right now, Narag.

The sooner you start, the sooner you acquire immunity.

It's a bit like tenure in that sense.

I see I've made a terrible mistake not choosing this as the secret anime I'm annoying twitter peeps with.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Akame ga Kill! Episode 9:

This show really needs to stop trying to integrate the standard anime comedy tropes into its being, it does not handle them well at all.
Though it did make me laugh when General Esdeath basically decided on a sexual impulse to make Tatsumi her sex slave.
I did not see that coming. Anyway, most of the episode was a 22 minute hype job for this new police force called The Jagers, because that words has been abused enough lately. All in all a decent episode of a decent series.

Akame ga Kill! Episode 9:

This show really needs to stop trying to integrate the standard anime comedy tropes into its being, it does not handle them well at all.
Though it did make me laugh when General Esdeath basically decided on a sexual impulse to make Tatsumi her sex slave.
I did not see that coming. Anyway, most of the episode was a 22 minute hype job for this new police force called The Jagers, because that words has been abused enough lately. All in all a decent episode of a decent series.

The anime has skipped some of the weirder ones, like when Mein had a giant roulette wheel with a bunch of Gangan Joker manga on them and was going to spin it to banish Tatsumi to one of them.

Yeah.

MetalDeer

Man, trying to watch The Tatami Galaxy with subs is a nightmare. They talk REALLY fast, and the subtitles go by even faster. It's almost exhausting. I'll stick with it, though. It's still pretty funny, even though I'm probably missing most of the Japanese puns and stuff.

Akame ga Kill! Episode 9

Another great episode as far as I'm concerned. The only thing I noticed that I thought was out of place was the fact Esdese's tits seem a whole lot bigger in this than the manga.

Diablo 3 got me occupied, so in short:

Aldnoah Zero - 09

Nobody cares about PTSD man, mostly because how hard they try to shove it down our throat. Rest was...quite entertaining at least. Not good, but not boring.

SAO II - 09

Yeh it still sucks hard, alright? The dialogue between Kirito and Sinon is quite...something. This patronizing superiority that Kirito emits, disgusting. But Sinon is a terrible character too, so eh. Good on you for not wanting to believe the rumors about death gun when all evidence is clearly against you. But then again, it's just your life, meh.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura 21

How someone participates in a marathon is a good way to shine light on their character. In Meiling's case, that's passionate and okay with second, as long as Syaoran takes first. Loop is both innocuous and really, really annoying. Can't wait to see how Sakura ends up using that in the future. Because partnered with time, it would be a real hassle. Thinking of it in video game terms, it's the last level in Super Mario Bros. Maybe Kero would know something about that. He's played RPGs and fighters, so a platformer is hardly out of his range of expertise.

Mr.Jeff

Lupin S2 - 145
What on earth happened here! Everything about this episode was superb! It's hard to believe this was a 25 minute episode and not part of a feature film! Everything was just so richly animated and packed with detail and just oozed with lots of frantic energy.

There were also some noticable character changes in both Fujiko and Zenigata with the latter being far less standoffish than previous and Zenigata showing a lot more competence than he's exhibited in previous episodes. He still fails but it no longer felt like an entirely one-sided affair.

I lack the terminology to aptly put into words what I'm trying to express and am unlike to sway anyone to watch it but on the off-chance - Try watching any one of S2's previous episodes and then watch this. The difference is remarkable.

survivor

Banned
Man, trying to watch The Tatami Galaxy with subs is a nightmare. They talk REALLY fast, and the subtitles go by even faster. It's almost exhausting. I'll stick with it, though. It's still pretty funny, even though I'm probably missing most of the Japanese puns and stuff.

I remember having an issue with that for the first couple of episodes but after a while I just stopped noticing it. Either got used to it or it got slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom