• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
RIP sandwich. Saddest death in the show.
At least it is free now from having to be a part of it.

LOL everyone in SAO is like "Screw this I'm outta here!"

i7kw48Odmhaqn.gif

SAO 07

Kirito destroys a masterpiece.

And he gets a new sword made from dragonpoop metal. This episode was actually a little bit funny, so that's good. And I guess that picture on the wall will have some meaning later on?

SAO didn't get horrible for me until the second part, which I literally stopped watching and only saw the highlights afterwards.

Not to say part 1 didn't have hilarious shit.

Mature

SAO didn't get horrible for me until the second part, which I literally stopped watching and only saw the highlights afterwards.

Not to say part 1 didn't have hilarious shit.
I can kind of agree with this. It turned from laughably bad to offensively bad and watching it was just putting me in a sour mood.

I can kind of agree with this. It turned from laughably bad to offensively bad and watching it was just putting me in a sour mood.

Pretty much this. From so bad it's good, to just fucking stupid and boring but had some amusing unintended humor. SAO II has been amusing me more in the former, I really do hope it doesn't jump the shark.

Mature

Lol, thanks. I just saw the movie recently. It was more of an action movie than a mystery movie, but it was still pretty entertaining. Do all of the Conan movies lean towards action movies or was it just this one?
Which movie did you see recently? There's 19 of them including the Lupin crossover. And they're all relatively the same in terms of content. Some of them lean a bit more towards mystery and some a bit more towards thriller/action, but they typically all fall somewhere in-between the two.

Yugioh Arc V Episode 21

Could have had more dueling as the Sora/Yuzu-oneechan dual polymerization thing and posing was pretty fun. Otherwise heavy on the plot. I wish a few more details would come up as I am starting to imagine sort of what is going on but not quite because a few pieces are missing.

Hugstable

Banned
Pretty much this. From so bad it's good, to just fucking stupid and boring but had some amusing unintended humor. SAO II has been amusing me more in the former, I really do hope it doesn't jump the shark.

I'm really weary about wanting to watch SAO II after the second half of SAO. I saw like one episode and "NOPE'D" out til the end of the season lol.

OceanBlue

Which movie did you see recently? There's 19 of them including the Lupin crossover. And they're all relatively the same in terms of content. Some of them lean a bit more towards mystery and some a bit more towards thriller/action, but they typically all fall somewhere in-between the two.

Oh sorry, the most recent Lupin crossover. I generally only read the manga, so I didn't know what to expect.

fertygo

Mushishi S2 - Episode 11-12

I've been trying to think of something interesting to say about this since I watched it yesterday. Still can't. It was a pretty decent Mushishi story. Not among the best, not among the worst. It's sort of interesting to get more insight into the world of the mushishi themselves, but other than that it wasn't awfully compelling as a personal tale. It also tries to have some action and drama, which generally doesn't work well on a show like this which is really just about letting the atmosphere of the story take over in a slow relaxed pace. The animation was really good though. Lots of cool mushi scenes.

I feel the same, great animation but feel hollow.. in fact that's how most of episode from S2 goes.

survivor

Banned
Arjuna 2

This was really weird. There was a scene during all the action moments, 2 characters were in a power reactor risking their lives trying to shut it down before it explodes or something along these lines. Then after one of them was injured he started talking about steam trains and then the other character started lecturing the audience I guess about how nuclear reactors are not economically viable and they shouldn't be used. Just why would anyone think this is the right time to go on some environmental rant. At least do it at the end of the episode.

The music was really wonderful though. Despite the crappy ugly CG for the monsters, the music helped a lot in making the action scenes tolerable.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura 23

"Does anyone else find it freaky that Zoidberg is singing harmony with himself?"

Not so much freaky as it was heartwarming. I love music-based stories, and what I can infer about Sakura from this episode is simple. She's okay with Clow Cards, and fears ghosts more than Cards. But she loves Yukito more than she fears ghosts. And Tomo is there to record everything. Better respect it, Meiling.

cajunator

Banned
Arjuna 2

This was really weird. There was a scene during all the action moments, 2 characters were in a power reactor risking their lives trying to shut downit before it explodes or something along these lines. Then after one of them was injured he started talking about steam trains and then the other character started lecturing the audience I guess about how nuclear reactors are not economically viable and they shouldn't be used. Just why would anyone think this is the right time to go on some environmental rant. At least do it at the end of the episode.

The music was really wonderful though. Despite the crappy ugly CG for the monsters, the music helped a lot in making the action scenes tolerable.

The music is amazing Yoko Kanno excellence but you havent seen WEIRD yet.

Clov

Many of those elements have appeared in other stories, besides actual 'mushi on mushi action'. It didn't feel very different from any other story, to me at least, except that it simply brought a problem to the fore without even attempting to resolve it. I happened to quite like that approach in so much as it demonstrated a sense of the wider world but it wasn't terribly satisfying as a narrative.

I really loved the new special, for the reasons you've outlined here. Even if the story wasn't a "satisfying" narrative, I was more than satisfied getting this unique glimpse at Mushishi's world. While there's already been episodes focusing on other mushishi (I think season one had one near the end), this one was interesting to me because of that unsolvable problem. Ginko knows he can't just change the entire way a clan operates, as much as he hates their methods. Seeing how diverse the practices of other people in Mushishi's world are really made the episode for me, and I thought it was nice to have a reminder that Ginko can't fix everything. It adds to that natural feel the show has.

e_i

Motto To Love Ru episodes 1+2

Did I miss something? Who are these new characters? Flower head toddler, and two girls that look like Lala? Motto To Love Ru happens after the 1st season, right? Or do I have to watch the OVAs first?

VRMN

Motto To Love Ru episodes 1+2

Did I miss something? Who are these new characters? Flower head toddler, and two girls that look like Lala? Motto To Love Ru happens after the 1st season, right? Or do I have to watch the OVAs first?
I think the OVAs cover the new characters...maybe not Celine. Pretty sure Momo and Nana, though. Really the manga is better, but I don't recall feeling in the dark from anime alone through the first 2.5 seasons.

Sailor Moon 33/34

Wow two back to back story episodes that move the plot forward a ton, these episodes I remember almost scene for scene from my childhood and I can't really think of any major changes they had. Were great then and are still great now

$70 million for that shit? Something tells me it went through development hell that made its budget balloon that high.

I've seen better quality CG in Disney channel tv movies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
$70 million for that shit? Something tells me it went through development hell that made its budget balloon that high.

I've seen better quality CG in Disney channel tv movies.

Looks like they unwisely opted for a celebrity voice cast.

Yu Gi Oh Arc V 13

Disappointing non finish to the duel, guess it was too early in the series for the main hero and main villain duelist to have a final battle.

YGO Arc V 14

Slap of reality episode of Yuuya which was needed and long coming, president humbled him in a very satisfying way. Good episode over all

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 06
I legit almost fell asleep during this. I was only brought back from my slumber when someone messaged me on Line.

Still no coherent plot, "nudity" in every episode and more bad dialogue about how great women's assets are.

YGO Arc V 15

This show honestly feels very similar to ZeXal in it's story structure, almost like YGO ZeXal done right. The teases of another world, shenanigans that makes battles real, and an evil corporation that may have ties to it.

Strike Witches - 4

Pretty okay episode. I suspect from episode 3 onwards, the show is just going to be about each one of the girl's backstories? I can live with that. I mean, if the villains aren't going to get a spotlight then they might as well develop some good character drama for the heroes.

Syrinx

Earth Maiden Arjuna 3

This Chris guy is an asshole. Even I don't know whatever the fuck it is he wants from Arjuna. "But you said that these things are devouring the Earth and that I need to protect the Earth". "And yet you would kill them just for that?"...What?

Also, don't eat strange mushrooms you find in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom