• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Welcome To NHK 1-2
Well that is off to a great start. Turns out pururin is a magical pudding, conspiracy, talking appliances, and a weird mascot for some reason.

Oh and it turns out the mc is going to make a hentai game to impress a seventeen to eighteen year old girl.

[Whats intensify]

I love this series a lot. Cant say it hit too close to home for me but its a pretty fascinating look into hikikomori thoughts and actions and how people deal with it.

Midonin

Glasslip 10

So there's a weird snow, Kakeru's still talking with himselves, and the episode ends with a kiss. Time to see just how set in stone the future is.

Mononoke

Banned
Glasslip Episode 10

This show is still frustrating. I totally jumped the gun last week with my anger towards the actions of certain characters. Because this episode quickly diffuses that, and shows that these actions were something else completely. Which is fine, that's why you don't make assumptions. But in the end, I wonder if this action really...was worth it? If it made sense? If it had enough weight the way it was executed?

I do get it I suppose. But I guess this is a show where everything has to be taken into context of the overall show and its problems (as I think that makes a lot of plot elements and character actions as less tolerable). Ultimately, this episode feels like it's pushing all the pieces into their predictable end points. It feels safe/predictable. And when that is paired off with a very odd/slow pacing of this show, it's just a frustrating experience.

Don't know what else to say. At this point, I'm just going to assume there will be a twist. Because if there isn't, and this anime plays things straight, then the slow/odd pacing will have made this a chore of a story to get through.

PK Gaming

Bwqi9iRCIAA7Bob.png

Haha, it's a thing! This drawing is super cute.

Kill la Kill 25 OVA

Well, the first thing that happens is
Monkey gets owned in a fight with Satsuki, and then later Mohawk also gets owned super easily so this is business as usual

This is indeed an Episode 25, it takes place after the TV Ending. This is basically just
backstory for Rei, that brown girl who hung around with Nui and Disco Milf and never did anything because that never really got settled I guess.

Also Honnoji totally was a mech the whole time like people said from episode 1.

Pretty good, better then the TV ending I think.

Overall I really don't know what to think of this series. At the end of the credits I felt kind of sad that there would be no more of it, but looking back it was kind of a disappointment in a lot of ways (especially parts of that second half and that tournament...)
But it was enjoyable, and so was this OVA.
I look forward to Trigger's next work, if anything.

Link Man

Banned
Log Horizon 5

Huh, so it seems even the more mundane subclasses have their uses in this world. A bonus for people who actually roleplay, I guess.

Oh god, Serara's fantasy.

Oh no, don't tell me these two are going to be the annoying kids of the series.

I noticed it last time, but the ED to this kind of reminds me of "Vanilla Salt" from Toradora. Especially since the song starts before the ED animation.

Jex

I thought so too, but it's kinda obvious when things are being faked on Kickstarter. The information is totally transparent. There are over 7000 backers now, and the average pledge is $67. That lines up with the most appealing pledge level, which is the 60 dollar standard BD.

You can see who all the backers are too: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog/backers

Usually if something suspicious is going on, it would be backed heavily by a few large pledges from people who created accounts just to do it. It doesn't look to be the case here, but I'm not going to look through over 7000 names lol.

The only explanation is that ANN's podcast somehow reaches thousands and thousands of anime fans who are willing to support a project like this but have never heard of it. I agree it's pretty unexpected, but I don't see any other evidence of fishy stuff.

That's horrifying. Do you know why? It means ANN have a legitimate sway over thousands of people who clearly don't get their news from anywhere else!

Crocodile

Kickstarters typically explode in the first few and last few days so I can't say I'm super surprised Under the Dog will get there. I also knew Knight of Sidonia was on Netflix but I didn't know they helped fund it. That show never looked appealing to me but more Western money flowing into the anime market can only be a good thing.It's how Big O 2 and Space Dandy season 2 happened and more anime palatable to Western tastes can only be a good thing.

zulux21

I'm slightly bored and have a few extra steam keys from a humble bundle left so I am going to make this simple.

First person who gets what this screen shot is from gets their choice of deadlight or terraria
second person gets what ever is left

and... go

I'm slightly bored and have a few extra steam keys from a humble bundle left so I am going to make this simple.

First person who gets what this screen shot is from gets their choice of deadlight or terraria
second person gets what ever is left

and... go

hmm.. baby steps?

Midonin

Marimite S4 05-07

It was promised all the way back in season one, and now the amusement park visit finally comes to pass. Also, this batch of episodes was clearly brought to you by Pizza Hut. It's not as loud as Code Geass or Sora Kake, and an amusement park is a pretty natural place to have chain pizza (I'm more of a Papa John's kinda guy), but man, that was pretty blatant. The rest of the stories with Nana, Touko and the Christmas party are continuing the search for a little sister thing going on. It seems like nobody in the red rose family can ever find the right person for them on the first try. Ended on a sadder note than I expected. There was also a bit of DTLism in these episodes, not that surprising since Hanadera's presence increased. Smack-dab in the middle of the drama here.

Jinsei 08

Ikumi's insistence on continuing to play Shiritori was amusing, and kudos to the translators for finding a way to make that work in English. Bringing back one of the very first people who asked for their advice as a future club member (and current ED theme singer) is also a nice touch. There's some sort of school conspiracy going on in the background that a show like this wouldn't be expected to have. I look forward to seeing how their "realistic Game of LIfe" turns out, too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Marimite S4 05-07

It was promised all the way back in season one, and now the amusement park visit finally comes to pass. Also, this batch of episodes was clearly brought to you by Pizza Hut. It's not as loud as Code Geass or Sora Kake, and an amusement park is a pretty natural place to have chain pizza (I'm more of a Papa John's kinda guy), but man, that was pretty blatant. The rest of the stories with Nana, Touko and the Christmas party are continuing the search for a little sister thing going on. It seems like nobody in the red rose family can ever find the right person for them on the first try. Ended on a sadder note than I expected. There was also a bit of DTLism in these episodes, not that surprising since Hanadera's presence increased. Smack-dab in the middle of the drama here.

You know, I will say it was weird how Pizza Hut ended up sponsoring a weird bunch of anime at around the same time. It's like there was a marketing manager who thought it would be a good idea to put their name into anime and then that guy was fired a year later. lol

Midonin

Locodol 10

That's a tease. The entire episode is spent writing a new song, and they cut to credits just as the girls are about to perform it. Hopefully it'll be in the next episode, or in one of the two vocal albums the show is releasing. The Nanako/Yukari yuri level is as high as it's ever been, and after a rather Uogokoro-centric batch of episodes, it's nice to return to the original duo and put them in the spotlight once more. That other group of local idols oughta be showing up soon, too. Their picture was in the background this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom