• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Given that, at this point a 20 dollar contribution gets you a digital version of everything they release ever, I don't think stretch goals are on the horizon any time soon. lol

I have no fucking clue how future Kickstarting stuff for them is going to play out. They already mentioned they wanted to use KS for a 2nd episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Zankyou no Terror Episode 8:

I have really tried with this fucking shitpile, I really have, and this series is wonderfully directed and has such excellent music that it is even more frustrating that I have to condemn this supreme disappointment. None of that is making up for the shitty writing, bland characters and down right hackneyed situation. I mean this series just tried to do the rebel cop who is on the edge and breaks the rules and now has to hand in his badge trope completely straight laced and expected me to swallow that. Don't care how close to the end was are, I can't take it anymore.

zulux21

I have really tried with this fucking shitpile, I really have, and this series is wonderfully directed and has such excellent music that it is even more frustrating that I have to condemn this supreme disappointment. None of that is making up for the shitty writing, bland characters and down right hackneyed situation. I mean this series just tried to do the rebel cop who is on the edge and breaks the rules and now has to hand in his badge trope completely straight laced and expected me to swallow that. Don't care how close to the end was are, I can't take it anymore.

I haven't watched this yet, but I take it
good cop was punished for interfering while Five got off without any punishment at all?

the one thing I said two weeks ago that if they did I would likely be done with the show as it would be the last straw in it's fall to crap since five was introduced?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have no fucking clue how future Kickstarting stuff for them is going to play out. They already mentioned they wanted to use KS for a 2nd episode.
They really should have just taken a TV contract.

Kill la Kill - 25 [OVA]

Good to see lady Satsuki and Gamagori again, unfortunately I was reminded how annoying Manko can be
Felt like the episode went kind of fast, this could've been atleast a ~50min / 2 part OVA. Some sweet action parts, particulary Senketsus gift
LijyO1H.png
I wasnt ready for the gore at the end though
Series overall I think it was pretty good, nothing outstanding, but with some cool characters and some dumb fun. I wouldnt mind a smaller spinoff involving Satsuki and Gamagori, or some prequel with Ragyo.

7/10, would scissor

phaze

Madara looks so adorable here. He shouldn't be adorable!

Madara just wants his senpai to notice him. ^_^

Tokyo Ghoul - 10

Being Kaneki sure is suffering

Yeah no kidding, he got done in harder than Slaine. It was hard to watch.

Tokyo Ghoul - 10

With so many ghouls running around and all the victims they leave in their wake, it's a wonder the government didn't declare martial law and brought in the army yet.

The tone shifts are almost as weird here as in Akame. One moment we have slapstick comedy and the second after angsty family issues + Jason indulging his sadistic impulses.

I don't know why they took him but with the inclusion of Tsukiyama in the rescue party, the lols are sure to come.

Zankyou no Terror 08

That song at the beginning really caught me off guard.

My God, I could really tell in this episode how screwed Funi's contrast is. Everything is so dark.

Shibazaki about to go into Max Payne mode?
I guess Lisa is like Slaine and only exists to suffer. And I still don't know why Five can just do whatever the hell she wants despite clearly being a psychopath.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I haven't watched this yet, but I take it
good cop was punished for interfering while Five got off without any punishment at all?

the one thing I said two weeks ago that if they did I would likely be done with the show as it would be the last straw in it's fall to crap since five was introduced?

It is actually worse.
SHE SENT ANOTHER BOMB AND BLEW UP AN APARTMENT AND ONLY GETS A PLEADING CALL FOR RESTRAINT FROM HER ASSISTANT! FUCK THIS SHOW!

sonicmj1

I mean this series just tried to do the rebel cop who is on the edge and breaks the rules and now has to hand in his badge trope completely straight laced and expected me to swallow that.

How is that not the best thing?

Kickstarters typically explode in the first few and last few days so I can't say I'm super surprised Under the Dog will get there. I also knew Knight of Sidonia was on Netflix but I didn't know they helped fund it. That show never looked appealing to me but more Western money flowing into the anime market can only be a good thing.It's how Big O 2 and Space Dandy season 2 happened and more anime palatable to Western tastes can only be a good thing.

The term "helped fund it" is often misleading when used in the Western fandom. There's a difference between Cartoon Network saying "We helped fund Space Dandy" when all they did was pay Bandai Visual a large amount to recoup what Bandai spent on the show or any other licensor that pays to license a show and someone like Manga Entertainment who was actually listed on the production committee for Ghost in the Shell. The former tends to get more credit for "funding" a show (somewhat equivalent to a fan purchasing merchandise, but on a bigger scale) while the latter actually did it and people forget/don't know.

Also Space Dandy was always intended to be two cour. The delay was for the show to be finished since CN doesn't air shows unless they're finished now.

9870549dcsth.jpg

Date A Live II vol 5 details are up. 13 minutes of unaired footage in this one, which gives you nearly 2 episodes' worth of cut content across the 5 volumes. Also comes with a guidebook of some form. Release date is Halloween.

482737812cbjzb.jpg

September 20th is the release of vol 11 of the light novel, but it also brings an anime visual guide / drama CD (cover above). The drama story is Spirit King Game from Encore 2.

Wed agree on more if you disliked monster girls.
Time for some corrective therapy:

Ikai4Y8.png

Branduil

That toothbrush scene has been referenced in an actual journalism article about #gamergate as part of a link to a kotaku article by Mr. "SAO is the smartest anime in years." I can't.

I generally don’t read gaming websites because I don’t like sifting through rewritten press releases and underage toothbrush incest anime coverage to find one or two genuine pieces of content.

Pooya

TIR 8

INSERT SONG oh ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzz

I nominate Lisa as the worst character of the year, the only thing this episode lacked was a scene of her tripping over flat pavement. This is just plain terrible, borderline comically so, and with 3 episodes left I have no hope left for it anymore.

Music and even visuals are still great, all wasted on undeserving script.

Kill la Kill - 25

Not bad for a little send-off.

Feels pretty right for this to come now rather than all those months ago. Felt like a good little look-back on the series without resorting to just being a clip-show. And even if there WAS a clip-show, it'd only last 2 minutes long, lol.

All in all, this show is okay. Not nearly as good as TTGL, but it was still a fun ride, even with the disappointing turns of events here and there. I had fun.

And lol, the theory was right.
The academy actually WAS a giant mecha.

Glasslip 10

K6ihQPG.png

This show is so fucking stupid. I stayed for the pretty art and prayed for things to get interesting but its SO BORING. I dont care for any of these characters. And fuck that stupid chicken man and any "wingman" jokes that come from the last scene.

I have no idea what the creators want to do with the show. I cant believe I stuck around this long. Ugh.

Shiki 1-10 Dropped

I couldn't remember whether or not I watched this a long time ago so I decided to pick it up. Right at about episode 10 it hit me that yes I did and this was the exact point at which I dropped it. I just cannot stand convenient plot points wherein the protagonist does stupid stuff against anyone with a thinking brain's better judgement. He even narrated this in his head.

This is partially why I don't really enjoy watching horror movies and the like. Everything at some point always becomes really predictable.

My pick ups today from my local Wal-Mart

I've seen Blood Lad subbed and it was very entertaining action/comedy shonen that I'm pretty sure will be coming to Toonami sometime in the next year. Vampire Knight I honestly know nothing about but it looks cool and it was cheap so impulse.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They really should have just taken a TV contract.
Yeah, it seems like if they are serious about making this thing, then traditional funding sources are needed. Kickstarting again would be kind of ridiculous - although I've certainly seen it happen previously.

Shiki 1-10 Dropped

I couldn't remember whether or not I watched this a long time ago so I decided to pick it up. Right at about episode 10 it hit me that yes I did and this was the exact point at which I dropped it. I just cannot stand convenient plot points wherein the protagonist does stupid stuff against anyone with a thinking brain's better judgement. He even narrated this in his head.

This is partially why I don't really enjoy watching horror movies and the like. Everything at some point always becomes really predictable.

If you can stick around to episode 14 I think you'll be greatly rewarded.

BEST EPISODE EVER

fertygo

Shiki 1-10 Dropped

I don't think Shiki meant to hide anything anyway, the biggest part of the first half is the atmosphere building.. gone in 2nd half tho and became something else lol.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura 25

So there is some sense of stakes in this, but Kero hasn't come clean on what exactly they are yet. Mirror was a trickier card than most, and though I know the fortune telling will never show up again, it seems like something that should've been done more often. I'm sure that even if Touya wasn't around to sense spirits, Tomoyo could've told the two Sakuras apart instantly. Her yuri goggles/Sakura-sense is flawless. And hello, mysterious new character. And the forthcoming cards know that Sakura's after them. This is gonna be tricky.

Are you saying it as I should in general? Or I should because it's a prequel?

I'll watch it, after I finish Durarara!

Both. Because it's an amazing show, and because it's a prequel. Unlike the VN series and the anime, this version of FSN will be written as a sequel to FZ (instead of FZ being a prequel to FSN). This will probably mean that big 'shockers' of FSN will already be known by audience members as it occurred in FZ.

Kill la Kill OVA

What I expected, meaning exactly what I wanted. Fun little epilogue that kept with the spirit of the series, closing it out on a high note.

Yeah no kidding, he got done in harder than Slaine. It was hard to watch.

Tokyo Ghoul - 10

With so many ghouls running around and all the victims they leave in their wake, it's a wonder the government didn't declare martial law and brought in the army yet.

The tone shifts are almost as weird here as in Akame. One moment we have slapstick comedy and the second after angsty family issues + Jason indulging his sadistic impulses.

I don't know why they took him but with the inclusion of Tsukiyama in the rescue party, the lols are sure to come.

You haven't seen shit yet lol.

Argevollen 10

For a country at war losing ground this independent strike team sure does seem to have a lot of down time. Though it ended up working out pretty well as it lead to the main team suffering a major defeat which thankfully wasn't played up to be stupidly melodramatic.

Thank you no terror - 08

Eh, in the beginning of the series I was hopefully wishing this would be like the early parts of Death Note. But now its steered away from the riddles and cliffhangers, and feels different. Stupid Five and Lisa ruining it
Pretty much the only character I like is the detective, and holy shit its only 3 episodes left? This doesnt bode well

fertygo

That #KEEPANIMELIVE poster from UTD campaign is kinda hilarious, because the trailer not showing many specific thing that the industry doesn't produce in recent years. their PR also featuring a lot of chest-bumping like that.

Can't say I like it over what LWA team does.

Majin Bone 23

Pool fan service episode that actually gives us quiet a bit of development for Shugo and we learn a bit more about his mom who is most likely alive and probably either Liebert or another Neoposian. The new bone Dark Swordfish was pretty bad ass look forward to seeing more of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom