• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gentleman (and Duckroll)....

9e83ea159c.jpg

I just realized I basically gave up on watching Zankyou No Terror and never went back. Maybe once final thoughts come out people will let me know if it's worth a watch. Fucking Aldnoah.Zero I consider worst. and this next episode makes or breaks it

Zankyou no Terror - 08

lol Five. She just keeps on keeping on.

The Lisa hate is understandable, but she not anywhere near as much a blight on the show as Five is though.

Terror In Resonance 8

This show is either going to have the most insanely mind blowing pay off, or it's going to be the biggest "... uhh well that was a thing that wasted my time" anime ever. The set up for why 9 and 12 are doing what they're doing, what 5 wants to do, how they're all connected by the Athena Project, the build up is insane and with only 3 episodes left the revelations will probably start flying in like crazy.

I want to back Under The Dog, but I don't want to drop $60 on a physical release that I don't think will have the dub meaning I'll have to buy it again with the dub.

It will probably never get a dub.

Why wouldn't it? Yes *gags* Kickheart (oh god I just vomited in my mouth) got one because they reached it as a stretch goal, but this seems to be more action packed and something that a company like Viz or Funimation would gladly license for a dub.

Why wouldn't it? Yes *gags* Kickheart (oh god I just vomited in my mouth) got one because they reached it as a stretch goal, but this seems to be more action packed and something that a company like Viz or Funimation would gladly license for a dub.

Kick-Heart was awesome though?

It's not impossible, but chances are pretty low.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you understand how Kickstarter works and what the purposes of a heading down that track are?

Kick-Heart was awesome though?

It's not impossible, but chances are pretty low.

Kickheart is the biggest load of shit ever conceived, a half animated mess of a special that burned my eyes with it's awfulness. It lowered the bar so far it broke though the Earth's core and it'd be impressive if something that wretched could ever be made again. The fact they even got people to donate to that travesty is laughable.

Do you understand how Kickstarter works and what the purposes of a heading down that track are?

Isn't the reason you kickstart to help fund something a publisher wouldn't back and also so that you can own the IP yourself? After it's finished if Funi or Viz wants to pay the creators to license the series for a dub why WOULDN'T it be possible?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Isn't the reason you kickstart to help fund something a publisher wouldn't back and also so that you can own the IP yourself? After it's finished if Funi or Viz wants to pay the creators to license the series for a dub why WOULDN'T it be possible?
What series? It's an OVA that will be released more than a year from now. That's it. Why would this be licensed by Funimation or Viz? Why would this be dubbed? Interested parties have already been reached and outside funding isn't needed.

What series? It's an OVA that will be released more than a year from now. That's it. Why would this be licensed by Funimation or Viz? Why would this be dubbed? Interested parties have already been reached and outside funding isn't needed.

Why wouldn't it be licensed? Even if it's a one shot OVA it has big names attached to it and both companies would probably love to license it for a dub. It's not about getting funding to make the OVA, it's about dub companies reaching out to pay for the rights to dub the OVA for US audiences.

Edit: From their kickstarter

Dubs

IF (<--- notice the big if)

If we end up doing an English dub, we have connections with a team who have worked on Turn-A Gundam, Haibane Renmei, Vandread, Tokimeki Memorial, Tales of Legendia, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and many others. We hope we can work it into our budget but if not we will try it as a stretch goal.

If Funimation or Viz was willing to help fund the dub, I'm sure they'd accept it. Obviously it won't be a stretch goal but they flat out state they hope they can work it in.

Clov

Kickheart is the biggest load of shit ever conceived, a half animated mess of a special that burned my eyes with it's awfulness. It lowered the bar so far it broke though the Earth's core and it'd be impressive if something that wretched could ever be made again. The fact they even got people to donate to that travesty is laughable.

This is the worst post I have ever read on this forum. For the sake of everyone around you, never watch Mind Game or Windy Tales. If you thought Kick-Heart was "half-animated" I don't want to know what you'd think about those and others.

Crocodile

Bass is getting shit on for his opinion on Kick-Heart?

6a00d8345295c269e201a5116584a7970c-800wi

Nah bro I love ya but you gotta admit your opinion on that OVA is certainly on the extreme side :p

I will concur though, if UTD turns out well I hope that it does get a dub. It seems like it could be a great special to air on Toonami. I hope LWA and LWA2 get dubs for that exact same reason too.

EDIT: Ok, checking my twitter feed, some of y'all are going in a little too hard on Bass. Relax jeez :/

This is the worst post I have ever read on this forum. For the sake of everyone around you, never watch Mind Game or Windy Tales. If you thought Kick-Heart was "half-animated" I don't want to know what you'd think about those and others.

*googles Mind Games*

mindgame3.jpg

*googles Windy Tales*

1311.jpg

What's wrong with your FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

And people whine about Sailor Moon Crystal having derp face lol

Bass is getting shit on for his opinion on Kick-Heart?

http://thecarnivoreproject.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345295c269e201a5116584a7970c-800wi

I will concur though, if UTD turns out well I hope that it does get a dub. It seems like it could be a great special to air on Toonami. I hope LWA and LWA2 get dubs for that exact same reason too.

Bonds breaking INTENSIFIES

but I still love you

Clov

*googles Mind Games*

mindgame3.jpg

*googles Windy Tales*

1311.jpg

What's wrong with your FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

And people whine about Sailor Moon Crystal having derp face lol

There's a difference between having a style made to look a certain way and bad animation. Mind Game and Windy Tales have distinct styles, but are animated well. Sailor Moon Crystal has its own art style, but is animated poorly. Works like these look different on purpose; if you don't like art that's different from the typical anime look, that's fine. It's not right to say that it's poorly animated, though.

Jarmel

Banned
So there was some discussion earlier about this so;
Updated stats:
f78d07f425af978927e8dd0164be0223_large.jpg

Old stats:
c30ae9f97dd4f331faeab1c4848bc6aa_large.jpg

Looks like Reddit and Facebook put in the work. I'm guessing the AMA was a complete success in that regard despite the thread getting deleted(lol).

This has to be one of the bigger turnarounds in KS history.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I was suspicious that the sudden turnaround was just going to be an organized /a/ troll where tens of thousands of dollars would be pledged and then pulled out at the last minute but it looks like the updated stats rule that out, fortunately.

Terror in Resonance 8

I originally thought this show would be a little like Death Note, but now it's coming into focus that the show is something quite different, and, unlike some comments I've seen on it recently, I really have come to enjoy it.

All three factions seem competent and intriguing from different angles. One of my favorite parts, though, is that these aren't just smart competitors outwitting each other, they're also pretty humanized. Shibazaki is overly-involved and is aware of it, but can't let it go anyway, Nine is laser-focused and frustrated by any disruption because of how much he believes in things, Twelve is focused, but also newly intrigued by people outside the sphere that he knew, and even Lisa is pretty understandable- alone, seeking some sort of belonging, way in over her head, and anxious and scared because she knows it.

I dunno, I get where people say she's useless, but it's more useless in the way of the game being played, not the story being told. She's an outside, empathetic human that Twelve starts to find interest in, outside of the game he and Nine are in. Things begin to change for the characters because of her introduction and I think it ends up making the story more dynamic and human for it. I like that there's still a human drama in the middle of all the intelligent cat-and-mouse game being played.

The direction of these episode also really cemented this for me. The opening scene and the final scene really solidify that these are just people, caught up in something they can't fully predict or control, and doing their best to forge some path through it.

I'm psyched to see where this goes.

I was suspicious that the sudden turnaround was just going to be an organized /a/ troll where tens of thousands of dollars would be pledged and then pulled out at the last minute but it looks like the updated stats rule that out, fortunately.
I never seen /a/ do something like that.

2ch is known for doing shit like that with pre-orders though.

Terror in Resonance 8
A pretty solid but relatively passive episode. Seems like a shift of power now that Five controls the police making Shibazaki into the third party now. And is Lisa just going to be detrimant to 9 and 12. All she has done is hurt their progress and with this episode
she has become a complete damsel in distress

Finalow

2597947-1973316766-ron-s.gif

(never thought I would have used this 2 times in just one day, thanks based gaf)

If you can stick around to episode 14 I think you'll be greatly rewarded.

BEST EPISODE EVER

I don't think Shiki meant to hide anything anyway, the biggest part of the first half is the atmosphere building.. gone in 2nd half tho and became something else lol.

So lemme ask you this then. What if I just skipped to episode 14? Would I miss out on anything? I'm not gonna stick around for what is, in my opinion, a less than B rated horror flick without incentive.

fertygo

So lemme ask you this then. What if I just skipped to episode 14? Would I miss out on anything? I'm not gonna stick around for what is, in my opinion, a less than B rated horror flick without incentive.

Well I already forget the detail so I can't exactly point what you will missing, but I think you wouldn't like the turnaround either lol.

Sketchbag

Banned
Anyone else feel as if Under The Dog (being a kick starter and not a studio run thing) would present anime better if it didn't have a big breasted chick in a bust showing outfit? People slam anime studios for pandering but these people have the money now (not from a studio) and still want to do this? Doesn't this speak more about anime creators in general and their lack of taste for quality female characters?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Anyone else feel as if Under The Dog (being a kick starter and not a studio run thing) would present anime better if it didn't have a big breasted chick in a bust showing outfit? People slam anime studios for pandering but these people have the money now (not from a studio) and still want to do this? Doesn't this speak more about anime creators in general and their lack of taste for quality female characters?
BUT THE CREATIVE FREEDOM (please give us money) #keepanimealive

Jarmel

Banned

It's Kozaki. Perhaps I should introduce you to No More Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom