• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

WTF Crunchyroll removed Nichijou?? Why cant I see any videos D:

Nichijou and a bunch of other Kadokawa titles expired recently. Not sure when/if they'll be back. Haruhi and Lucky Star will likely be on Funimation's streaming service in the future, but no word on the others.

I think it will be back someday, personally.

Mothman91

Tokyo Ghoul Episode 10

Tokyo-Ghoul-Jason-Yamori.jpg

Man Jason is one sadistic fuck. I mean in the manga he's sadistic but damn did the anime over did it. Anyways we get to see Banjo, who's definitely a great character especially in the manga. Also Ayato fighting his sister was cool. And seeing Rie voice Suzuya was nice, it really does fit his character.

Man at the pace they are going for Aogiri Arc they are either gonna leave it off with a cliff hanger or a anime original ending. Welp they are definitely gonna ruin the chair scene. Viz bring on the physical release of Tokyo Ghoul.

Why is Tokyo Ghoul so disappointing? Keep on hearing about it.

AND hopefully they don't ruin the chair scene. Also, 26 or 13 episodes?

Sketchbag

Banned
It could be a lot worse. :|

It could, but with combat outfit that covers her cleavage (like a combat outfit should) it can be much better. It doesn't even seem like THAT much work either.

I'll probably still watch it but it's just so odd to have for a show that's not run by a studio.

That was just to get the funding because otaku won't fund originality. The real thing will be completely different and a #gamechanger.

Yura admits that they had at least one offer to do a 26 episode series, but the production staff declined that offer. Depending on what day of the week/audience catering, it's either due to "production committee potentially meddling" or "that wouldn't produce the quality we want."

Why is Tokyo Ghoul so disappointing? Keep on hearing about it.

AND hopefully they don't ruin the chair scene. Also, 26 or 13 episodes?

Have you read the manga because they are skipping character development/important details and the pace is rushed. It's basically a standalone that shouldn't be compared to the manga because it's different. And p.s they will most likely ruin the chair scene since they already ruined Kaneki's character development.

It's 12 episodes, yeah I really don't know how the hell they are gonna add all the fights and dialogue. It's definitely gonna have a cliffhanger.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 25:

Right, this was okay, I guess giving us a final bit of finality that mostly feels un-needed. I did like learning the next phase of many of the characters and I did like them having a capstone to Lady Satsuki's arc.
Also, THERE is the giant robot transformation I was looking for and seeing that flashback really makes me wish we had gotten more of that in the main series
The action is competent I suppose but just feels hollow as there the stakes involved feel lacking.
Also, I guess the Ryuko-Mako coupling wins, I mean in spite of having an OVA episode to breech the matter once and for all, it seems more a case of Ryuko winning by default, Gamagouri is going on in a different direction.
All and all, this thing exists, you can watch it but not much will be gained from doing so.

sonicmj1

But they used Alphard's model of big titted, tube wrap wearing thing. Would it be wrong to give her an actual t-shirt? Is that destroying the spirit of the character? It's these things they don't change on purpose or subconsciously and it's off-putting.

They recently updated the design to put her in an actual t-shirt, albeit one with a pretty low cut.

Definitely an improvement over what they originally had, IMO.

It could, but with combat outfit that covers her cleavage (like a combat outfit should) it can be much better. It doesn't even seem like THAT much work either.

I'll probably still watch it but it's just so odd to have for a show that's not run by a studio.
Yeah, I'm just saying it's tasteful by anime standards.
They recently updated the design to put her in an actual t-shirt.

Eh, I think it's a bit worse now. The top half clashes somewhat with the bottom.

Jarmel

Banned
They recently updated the design to put her in an actual t-shirt.

I actually think it's worse. The hoodie design is better as it looks more practical but it now looks like she's wearing three layers.

Sketchbag

Banned
They recently updated the design to put her in an actual t-shirt, albeit one with a pretty low cut.

It is an improvement but I liked the hair tied behind the hood. They didn't have to give her an actual hoodie. The other outfit is nice, just need to clean up dem tittays a bit.

Down hair is worst hair. Tie it back up behind the hood!

It and a bunch of other shows had their rights expire recently.

Nichijou and a bunch of other Kadokawa titles expired recently. Not sure when/if they'll be back. Haruhi and Lucky Star will likely be on Funimation's streaming service in the future, but no word on the others.

I think it will be back someday, personally.

tumblr_nanxxeQT4D1tjehr9o1_500.gif

Noooo :( I need my fix now. I hope it comes back soon..

sonicmj1

Yeah, I'm just saying it's tasteful by anime standards.

Eh, I think it's a bit worse now. The top half clashes somewhat with the bottom.

I actually think it's worse. The hoodie design is better as it looks more practical but it now looks like she's wearing three layers.

It is an improvement but I liked the hair tied behind the hood. They didn't have to give her an actual hoodie. The other outfit is nice, just need to clean up dem tittays a bit.

Down hair is worst hair. Tie it back up behind the hood!

I can't say any of your criticisms are necessarily wrong (what's wrong with three layers, though?), but I think getting rid of that dumb onesie hoodie and the cleavage power suit are worth it. It feels a lot more practical, except for the hair not being tied up.

zulux21

But why is it gaining so much traction now? It doesn't seem that appealing, though I haven't really been following it.

for some reason, despite the fact that no money is taken from your account unless it's funded period... a number of people don't end up backing a kickstarter until they feel that it will likely be funded or has already funded. I think there might be a misconception with the general kickstarter population that your money will be taken in general but if funding isn't met you won't get anything... because I have lost track of the number of kickstarters that i have watched slowly get to their goal, and then suddenly shoot up when it's near it or just past it (even if it isn't the last few days) and this includes plenty that don't actually have stretch goals to drive people to give more *shrugs*

Clov

Late night announcement out of nowhere for Discotek:

https://www.facebook.com/1471680553...55668.147168055312297/919864831375945/?type=1

Bokurano, coming sometime next year.

You are now listening to Uninstall.

Now this is a surprise. Never did I think that anyone would consider bringing this over. Don't think I'll buy it though. Felt it fizzled out by the end. Love the opening theme, though.

I guess CR has picked up the rights to old shows that no one wants? I suppose that's the only hope, since I can't imagine anyone wanting to put it out on DVD/BD now.

I'm sure someone will bring over the BDs eventually. Hell, Bokurano just got picked up out of nowhere, and I'm sure that has a smaller fanbase than Nichijou. It would sell for sure, so I'm sure it will happen at some point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
for some reason, despite the fact that no money is taken from your account unless it's funded period... a number of people don't end up backing a kickstarter until they feel that it will likely be funded or has already funded. I think there might be a misconception with the general kickstarter population that your money will be taken in general but if funding isn't met you won't get anything... because I have lost track of the number of kickstarters that i have watched slowly get to their goal, and then suddenly shoot up when it's near it or just past it (even if it isn't the last few days) and this includes plenty that don't actually have stretch goals to drive people to give more *shrugs*
I chalk it up more to the "last chance" mentality. In the same way that Steam has time limited sales, so you feel pressured to buy something as the clock nears zero lest you miss a deal.

zulux21

Now this is a surprise. Never did I think that anyone would consider bringing this over. Don't think I'll buy it though. Felt it fizzled out by the end. Love the opening theme, though.

I'm thinking some japanese companies are getting a little smarter and realizing that a small amount of money (lets say 5k) to give the right for companies to release their anime in NA is better than no money coming from that IP.

I mean I can't imagine this or yakitate japan ended up costing a lot to license as they are both going to be very niche sellers.
I chalk it up more to the "last chance" mentality. In the same way that Steam has time limited sales, so you feel pressured to buy something as the clock nears zero lest you miss a deal.

perhaps, it also might just be a, well enough other people thought this project was legit and worth funding that it made it so I might as well join too mindset.

Mothman91

Have you read the manga because they are skipping character development/important details and the pace is rushed. It's basically a standalone that shouldn't be compared to the manga because it's different. And p.s they will most likely ruin the chair scene since they already ruined Kaneki's character development.

It's 12 episodes, yeah I really don't know how the hell they are gonna add all the fights and dialogue. It's definitely gonna have a cliffhanger.

Wow...that's pretty sad. Tokyo Ghoul is such an amazing manga, it definitely doesn't deserve this.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibto 07

I was starting to wonder why this was on the dreaded list. I've been so bored while watching this I've been half asleep for most episodes. It has just been random story after random story with no continuity or plot to keep me engaged. The costume design has been atrocious and we get so many in your face ass and boob shots that I'm starting to get desensitized.

Now this episode happens and I lost my fucking mind. The scene opens with Hazuki jumping into her crush's bed as seen above and she starts to masturbate after getting a good whiff of her would be lover's scent. Cut to this:

Wtf did I just witness? Talk about mood whiplash. I am still crying with laughter.

I know there is supposed to be something about pancakes in this anime and pancakes are made but it was nothing as hilarious as what I saw previously. Is there more pancake madness ahead?

cajunator

Banned
Finally get to use this

Mayaka is designed pretty cute. Its just a pity she is such an unbearable bitch.

Jaundiced sickly characters. Maybe this worked for VHS and low res, but todays HD picture would make these colors and details pretty glaring.

Anyone else feel as if Under The Dog (being a kick starter and not a studio run thing) would present anime better if it didn't have a big breasted chick in a bust showing outfit? People slam anime studios for pandering but these people have the money now (not from a studio) and still want to do this? Doesn't this speak more about anime creators in general and their lack of taste for quality female characters?

They just want to be like Plastic Little. Is that so wrong?

hey did anyone order the little witch academy bluray from the studio trigger international store? Any idea on shipping cost?

I have it but sorry I dont remember what the shipping cost was. I dont think it was too much.

Strike Witches - 6

Ah, an entire episode based around the character from Cajun's avatar. Also we learn that these aliens can speak in a freaky language now and that they also have their own dens in Europe.

I know I'm not going to get much on the villains at this point, but man, I hope to see some kind of tactical strike on the offensive rather than on the defensive in this show.

Narag

Strike Witches - 6

Ah, an entire episode based around the character from Cajun's avatar. Also we learn that these aliens can speak in a freaky language now and that they also have their own dens in Europe.

I know I'm not going to get much on the villains at this point, but man, I hope to see some kind of tactical strike on the offensive rather than on the defensive in this show.

Should proceed directly to 7. Just sayin'.

TUSR

Banned
K-On! 1-4

Have yet to skip the intro to this show, its a lot of fun for some reason. I can't explain it really. They haven't even played a song yet I don't think?

Mio best girl.

The teacher totally used to be in the Light Music Club.

zulux21

blue spring ride 9
I wonder if the manga has any better pacing as this picture covers everything that happened in the episode

oh well, while boring it didn't anger me, and with only 3 episodes to go I might as well finish it, but at this point I can't really see myself ever recommended this show to anyone that isn't the most diehard shoujo fan who has watched every other shoujo show out there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
blue spring ride 9
I wonder if the manga has any better pacing as this picture covers everything that happened in the episode
oh well, while boring it didn't anger me, and with only 3 episodes to go I might as well finish it, but at this point I can't really see myself ever recommended this show to anyone that isn't the most diehard shoujo fan who has watched every other shoujo show out there.
Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom