• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Kickheart is the biggest load of shit ever conceived, a half animated mess of a special that burned my eyes with it's awfulness. It lowered the bar so far it broke though the Earth's core and it'd be impressive if something that wretched could ever be made again. The fact they even got people to donate to that travesty is laughable.
This is the worst post on GAF.
*googles Mind Games*

mindgame3.jpg

*googles Windy Tales*

1311.jpg

What's wrong with your FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

And people whine about Sailor Moon Crystal having derp face lol

Bonds breaking INTENSIFIES

but I still love you

This is the worst post on the internet.

zulux21

Hi there, if that statement fits you and you aren't watching blue spring ride (ao haru ride) then you should check it out :p

as a pure shoujo it isn't bad I don't dislike any of the characters, but I don't like any of them either.
I don't hate the plot but it doesn't really interest me either.
Really it's a shoujo show that has played it pretty safe so far with nothing really wrong with it, but nothing to separate it from other shows up to this point either. It really just makes me want to rewatch Kimi ni Todoke as I actually like the cast in that one :p

Jex

They recently updated the design to put her in an actual t-shirt, albeit one with a pretty low cut.

Definitely an improvement over what they originally had, IMO.

I actually think it's worse. The hoodie design is better as it looks more practical but it now looks like she's wearing three layers.
You're right, she's gone full Allard/Alan Wake:

And you never go full Allard.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hi there, if that statement fits you and you aren't watching blue spring ride (ao haru ride) then you should check it out :p

as a pure shoujo it isn't bad I don't dislike any of the characters, but I don't like any of them either.
I don't hate the plot but it doesn't really interest me either.
Really it's a shoujo show that has played it pretty safe so far with nothing really wrong with it, but nothing to separate it from other shows up to this point either. It really just makes me want to rewatch Kimi ni Todoke as I actually like the cast in that one :p
Haha, yeah, I'm already watching the show. It's stunningly average... like the last one, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

It really is unfortunate that, of modern shoujo, Kimi ni Todoke is still the top of the class. Say I Love You is the only thing that has come close.

zulux21

Haha, yeah, I'm already watching the show. It's stunningly average... like the last one, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

It really is unfortunate that, of modern shoujo, Kimi ni Todoke is still the top of the class. Say I Love You is the only thing that has come close.

I think from watching the trailers to next anime season it looked like there was two shoujo shows coming (I didn't actually look up the shows yet so they might not be) so ideally one of them will be fun.(I am to lazy to figure out which shows they were on my check out more list from the trailers I watched right now :p)

I at some point should finish Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (I already finished say I love you)

I need orange to stop being lame and only coming out every other month so it can get enough content to justify a 12 episode anime season already :/ That one I already read the manga for and enjoyed it quite a bit. (ooh i missed that chapter 13 came out a week ago :p)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think from watching the trailers to next anime season it looked like there was two shoujo shows coming (I didn't actually look up the shows yet so they might not be) so ideally one of them will be fun.(I am to lazy to figure out which shows they were on my check out more list from the trailers I watched right now :p)

I at some point should finish Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (I already finished say I love you)

I need orange to stop being lame and only coming out every other month so it can get enough content to justify a 12 episode anime season already :/ That one I already read the manga for and enjoyed it quite a bit. (ooh i missed that chapter 13 came out a week ago :p)
In my fantasy world, Bones and Yoshida would team up again to do a full series of Jinsei Best 10. It'll never happen, of course. Hell, I'm surprised that they even got a chance to make 3 OVAs last time. lol

zulux21

In my fantasy world, Bones and Yoshida would team up again to do a full series of Jinsei Best 10. It'll never happen, of course. Hell, I'm surprised that they even got a chance to make 3 OVAs last time. lol

I totally missed such a series existed (though I tend to miss a number of ova/specials) I am going to have to check this out at some point. but not tonight :p (sleep for that darn work thing)

Quasar

blue spring ride 9
I wonder if the manga has any better pacing as this picture covers everything that happened in the episode

oh well, while boring it didn't anger me, and with only 3 episodes to go I might as well finish it, but at this point I can't really see myself ever recommended this show to anyone that isn't the most diehard shoujo fan who has watched every other shoujo show out there.

I do kind of wonder where it will end given how much of the still going manga they won't get to.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I totally missed such a series existed (though I tend to miss a number of ova/specials) I am going to have to check this out at some point. but not tonight :p (sleep for that darn work thing)
It's part of the Otona Joshi no Anime Time series. Basically an anthology of 4 stories (1 + 3) produced for a more mature audience.

Quasar

Under the Dog doesn't look like anything special, from the video it looks a lot of the animation is CGI. So what's so special about the OVA? I backed Little Witch Academy because I liked the first one and wanted to see more. Why should I back it?

If that's how you feel about it you shouldn't.

It looked excellent to me, and so the first time with an anime I backed it. Based on the trailer I'd watch a whole series.

zulux21

I do kind of wonder where it will end given how much of the still going manga they won't get to.
given that the 9 episodes that are out have covered 11 chapters of manga (I was curious where it was at when I asked my I wonder if the manga has better pacing question I haven't actually read the manga :p) I would imagine that the series will end at the end of chapter 14 or chapter 15, which ever one feels more like a logical stopping point.
It's part of the Otona Joshi no Anime Time series. Basically an anthology of 4 stories (1 + 3) produced for a more mature audience.
yup I managed to find it, I just found it odd I had missed it since I usually do a check every 3 months to see what Bones anime are coming out for the new season lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, when did Kickheart suddenly get fans on GAF?

When it came out people called it a load of tut and it only got like one mention in the AotY.

Karas Ep. 6

Meh, as far as the action in this series goes the first episode is still the best. Not that there weren't some good sequences and cuts in this episode, it just felt like a retread of what was in the first episode. The story didn't redeem itself in the end, naturally. Thematically, it boils down to tradition vs modernity which has been done better in a billion other works. More episodes would have allowed things to be fleshed out better but it's obvious that the creative team wasn't up to snuff regardless.

How is Tiger & Bunny? I'm interested in seeing Satou develop his style but I doubt his storytelling improves much.

zulux21

How is Tiger & Bunny? I'm interested in seeing Satou develop his style but I doubt his storytelling improves much.

I know this won't mean much coming from me, but I enjoyed it way more than I expected to given the synopsis. the characters are fun, the story was pretty enjoyable, and the pacing wasn't bad. It's a show I will likely rewatch again someday (I watched it, and then immediately showed it to my wife) as it was just a fun watch in general.

Shengar

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
I can't fucking believe this
Did humanity population down from 300 billions since Rudolf become emperor to a mere 40 billions in the current timeline?
Please tell me it's just mistranslation

Link Man

Banned
I know this won't mean much coming from me, but I enjoyed it way more than I expected to given the synopsis. the characters are fun, the story was pretty enjoyable, and the pacing wasn't bad. It's a show I will likely rewatch again someday (I watched it, and then immediately showed it to my wife) as it was just a fun watch in general.

Just looked this up, and it is nothing like I expected given the title.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
given that the 9 episodes that are out have covered 11 chapters of manga (I was curious where it was at when I asked my I wonder if the manga has better pacing question I haven't actually read the manga :p) I would imagine that the series will end at the end of chapter 14 or chapter 15, which ever one feels more like a logical stopping point.
yup I managed to find it, I just found it odd I had missed it since I usually do a check every 3 months to see what Bones anime are coming out for the new season lol.
Keep in mind Bones only did Jinsei Best 10. No clue who did the other ones!

When it came out people called it a load of tut and it only got like one mention in the AotY.
Well, it is Yuasa after all.

Hey, he brought it upon himself!
Still. :(

Shengar

It's Kozaki. Perhaps I should introduce you to No More Heroes.

The same guy draws Lucina, Anna, and Miriel. Of course Kozaki as an artist and character designer lean to that side, but if the (art) director told him to do otherwise, he would go along just fine.

Clov

It's okay. It's fun for the most part, but nothing amazing. The action scenes are alright, and the story can be pretty cliched. Personally I wouldn't really recommend it.

Thoraxes

Karas Ep. 6

Meh, as far as the action in this series goes the first episode is still the best. Not that there weren't some good sequences and cuts in this episode, it just felt like a retread of what was in the first episode. The story didn't redeem itself in the end, naturally. Thematically, it boils down to tradition vs modernity which has been done better in a billion other works. More episodes would have allowed things to be fleshed out better but it's obvious that the creative team wasn't up to snuff regardless.

It's a fun show about superheroes trying to fit into society and such. It gets a bit cliche at times and follows some superhero tropes, but the second is is decent and I don't dislike it.

Superheroes basically fight crime as part of a sort of gameshow, and it's turned into a sort of industry (figures, trading cards, etc) for advertising in the show's setting.

One thing though, is that it definitely is a lower budgeted show (easy to tell). Funny enough, the show with a better budget (Sacred Seven) completely bombed while they enjoyed some minor success with T&B.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
But they used Alphard's model of big titted, tube wrap wearing thing. Would it be wrong to give her an actual t-shirt? Is that destroying the spirit of the character? It's these things they don't change on purpose or subconsciously and it's off-putting.

Because the original creators designed her that way for whatever reason and we're directly working on that very project.

Soriku

Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus episode 9

Damn...towards the end it showed how fucked up the plot was during this arc lol. The Troupe received a terrible end. I felt bad for them during the manor raid; it made Ciel's servants look like the bad guys. Then Joker learning about the truth of the prosthetics...damn.

Ciel, did you have to wait until the doctor killed the girl before killing him?

Because this isn't about Kickheart, the Twitter signal was sent out and so everyone must join in the shaming.

fertygo

I

One thing though, is that it definitely is a lower budgeted show (easy to tell). Funny enough, the show with a better budget (Sacred Seven) completely bombed while they enjoyed some minor success with T&B.

Minor success is big understatement, its goes pretty big.

wsippel

Banned
They recently updated the design to put her in an actual t-shirt, albeit one with a pretty low cut.

Definitely an improvement over what they originally had, IMO.
I don't see the improvement. The original design is significantly better, more stylish and the silhouette was more clearly defined.

Naruto Shippuuden 375

tumblr_m5wku4jXpt1qjwp1yo1_400.gif

We need gifs! The hand to hand combat of that fight was flipping insane and the part where Kakashi back heels a Kunai straight through Obito's cheek......yoooooo I'm watching this again.....and again and again. This is why I love the fights in Naruto. They are on another level.

also lol at 376

cajunator

Banned
Under the Dog doesn't look like anything special, from the video it looks a lot of the animation is CGI. So what's so special about the OVA? I backed Little Witch Academy because I liked the first one and wanted to see more. Why should I back it?

I dunno either. It doesnt look very special or memorable. LWA was really fun looking and fresh.

WTF Crunchyroll removed Nichijou?? Why cant I see any videos D:

Digital streaming is inferior. This is why I dont like it.

icnAECmL8ewuO.png

And with that, Little Witch Academia 2 has been surpassed.

Damn. Well thats impressive at least.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibto 07

I was starting to wonder why this was on the dreaded list. I've been so bored while watching this I've been half asleep for most episodes. It has just been random story after random story with no continuity or plot to keep me engaged. The costume design has been atrocious and we get so many in your face ass and boob shots that I'm starting to get desensitized.

Now this episode happens and I lost my fucking mind. The scene opens with Hazuki jumping into her crush's bed as seen above and she starts to masturbate after getting a good whiff of her would be lover's scent. Cut to this:

Wtf did I just witness? Talk about mood whiplash. I am still crying with laughter.

I know there is supposed to be something about pancakes in this anime and pancakes are made but it was nothing as hilarious as what I saw previously. Is there more pancake madness ahead?

Oh yes. Pancakes are most definitely ahead!

Strike Witches - 6

Ah, an entire episode based around the character from Cajun's avatar. Also we learn that these aliens can speak in a freaky language now and that they also have their own dens in Europe.

I know I'm not going to get much on the villains at this point, but man, I hope to see some kind of tactical strike on the offensive rather than on the defensive in this show.

<3 best episode

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
I can't fucking believe this
Did humanity population down from 300 billions since Rudolf become emperor to a mere 40 billions in the current timeline?
Please tell me it's just mistranslation

i don't recall the exact number, but i'm pretty sure that's true. great series!

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibto 08

We go from masturbating to star wars to pancakes to a magical fox girl. Now that I'm sort of paying attention I'm picking up a few more interesting details as to why this show is so terrible. Hazuki has finally found her lover. However, the person she finds appears to be a descendant of Hatsumi yet this story appears to be set in ancient Japan with samuari attacking magical for girls because they are demons (or something).

We also have busty ninjas that spawn from rock caverns and constantly laugh in the background while assassinating a fortress of samurai. You'd think they would hear them coming with their constant laughter. These ninjas are lead by some master ninja who enjoys having his fingers licked by others.

cajunator

Banned
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibto 08

We go from masturbating to star wars to pancakes to a magical fox girl. Now that I'm sort of paying attention I'm picking up a few more interesting details as to why this show is so terrible. Hazuki has finally found her lover. However, the person she finds appears to be a descendant of Hatsumi yet this story appears to be set in ancient Japan with samuari attacking magical for girls because they are demons (or something).

We also have busty ninjas that spawn from rock caverns and constantly laugh in the background while assassinating a fortress of samurai. You'd think they would hear them coming with their constant laughter. These ninjas are lead by some master ninja who enjoys having his fingers licked by others.

I liked the magical fox girl.
If nothing makes sense, thats ok, it never will.

Jex

is Mind Games and Windy Tales worth watching?

what is my expectation?
Yes. Please proceed.

I don't think there are appropriate expectaions one can have for Mind Game because it's a rather unique and Bizzare experience.

Windy Tales is somehwat more relatable in how it features slice of life elements but it stll escapes being peigonholed into a traditiona' genre.

In both cases the animators are given considerable freedom to capture their own interpetations of how movement should be represented but besides looking impressive they aren't similar works.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks but I stand by what I said, call it like I see it and all three of those are freaking ugly as sin. When you drawings make the imcute.jpg look good something has seriously gone wrong.

Its not ugly when its animated. It looks weird but it will make sense when you see it in motion.
Mindgame is a show to be seen in motion, and not judged by screencaps.

Necrovex

I've been a bad anime watcher and have ignored LOTGH for the last week, besides one episode. I'm sorry. The overload of information during the documentary episodes ravaged my simple mind!

I've been by myself at the warehouse for this week, which has opened up the opportunity to watch some Netflix during my downtime, and I finally made some headway in Hunter X Hunter.

I'm about eight episodes in the Yorknew City Arc, and holy hell, that arc is aces so far
Kurapika just killed one of the spiders/
. Is this the arc that everyone says transform Hunter X Hunter into something godly?

Its not ugly when its animated. It looks weird but it will make sense when you see it in motion.
Mindgame is a show to be seen in motion, and not judged by screencaps.

Having just watched some clips from mind game, it looks pretty awful in motion too. It's like someone decided to just animate the rough draft sketches instead of finalizing the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom