• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...atekaleid-liner-prisma-illya-english-dub-cast

So the pedo show gets an English dub while Hyouka is still unlicensed.

ibztsbfq9Eaeqt.png

I must be missing something...it's a rather unremarkable show all things considered

Terror in Resonance 8

I'm amazed how far a show that I really liked after the opening episodes has fallen. It's become a chore to watch, the bland underdeveloped characters, the dull mysteries, none of it is compelling.

Usobuko

Banned
I've been a bad anime watcher and have ignored LOTGH for the last week, besides one episode. I'm sorry. The overload of information during the documentary episodes ravaged my simple mind!

You'll get overwhelmed by the names of the characters and struggle to remember them. Especially the first episode. As you go further along, you would get accustomed to it. I finished the entire OVA in 2 weeks.

Favourite Opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sken4RHX9FY

Necrovex

You'll get overwhelmed by the names of the characters and struggle to remember them. Especially the first episode. As you go further along, you would get accustomed to it. I finished the entire OVA in 2 weeks.

Favourite Opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sken4RHX9FY

I'm on episode 60! I know all the characters, but the backstory involving Earth, and other historical details can be overwhelming as it compacts all of that into a single episode.

I've been working on the show for a month 1/2, this is a show I cannot power though due to my ADHD. I get too distracted by other things.

Glasslip Episode 10
Bwt8gUaIAAAI4V8.png

Tough to choose one with hairband or not, good either way. Pretty good episode, Hiro plot with Touko and Sacchi is a bit better than the stuff with David at times, mainly cause the lines make David always sound pretty weird, though I could see how he would be that way since his parents were always moving and he could only make friends quickly and then move on, was like that back then too until high school. Always felt left out when others could relate and bond over middle school and elementary experiences together or be left out when they did things together. Oh well.

Random kiss was weird

Argevollen Episode 10

The standard Trail Krieger's designs are so bland that the fights often feel pretty bad. But much of the best parts of the episode was the standard characters taking part in either just goofing off (more fanservice with the guys playing with each other in the bath scene than the girl stuff was great), or just the entire plan
fog moment for example and the one dude setting up the bombs

Faith remains one of the best ED's of the season, will miss it when it leaves.

My school's anime club had it's first sampler of the school year last night and here are my impressions
Angel Beats 1
Having already seen this, I am fully aware of what happens. When thinking about it, this episode really draws people in with its interesting concepts of handling death or rather lack of and its school setting without much of the tropey stuff. And the OP is amazing

Maria Watches Over Us 1
Haven't seen this one before but it is quite heavy of the shoujo elements. There was some unintentionally funny moments. Probably not going to watch this as it seemed like the least enjoyable.

Level E 1
This one was absolutely funny. Seems like a very interesting sci-fi show. The final scene seemed to indicate that this show wasn't that afraid to throw some interesting serious sci-fi elements.

Maria Holic 1
This really should have followed right after Maria Watches Over Us just for the contrast. I have also seen this series. The first episode does have some pretty decent jokes, though it grows tiresome by the first seasons' end for me.

Elfen Lied 1
I've never actually seen the full first episode of this I think. I know this is a trainwreck but wow how terrible this is hilarious. It was tolerable thanks to the commentating by people attending the showing, pointing out the utter ridiculousness and cliche. I want to have this win just to see all the ridiculousness play out in a more tolerable enviroment

Psycho Pass Extended Episode 9

Second episode opening few minutes was pretty good with the Makishima and Kagami dialogue with Kagami trying to figure things out. It was always one of my favorite non actin episodes and to see it in its fixed up form instead of the messy state it was in during the original tv airing wasnt bad. They put lots of random items littering the environment which stood out like a multicolored lizard thing in a key scene in their office and then some bottles on the desk, though spelled Antertic Dorops...

Necrovex

Will I truly be forced to watch the same opening for over a hundred episodes of Hunter X Hunter? Madhouse, this isn't Monster. The current opening song is not that good.

Angel Beats 1
Having already seen this, I am fully aware of what happens. When thinking about it, this episode really draws people in with its interesting concepts of handling death or rather lack of and its school setting without much of the tropey stuff. And the OP is amazing

I like you.

SAO 08

Cooking with Asuna.

Kirito kills a little rabbit, gets forced into a party and fights a creepy looking bodyguard one on one. And there's an evil looking guy watching the fight as well.

And since it's an episode about food... Did they explain how people manage to stay alive in this virtual world without eating anything in the real world?

Necrovex

Hunter X Hunter S3E11

I have to use the Netflix way of listing episodes seeing that is the way I am watching the series now.

Kurita and Gon are in some deep shit now. That episode got extremely tense in such a quick manner. I can't stop watching now. I must see how these two characters handle the Spiders!

cajunator

Banned
SAO 08

Cooking with Asuna.

Kirito kills a little rabbit, gets forced into a party and fights a creepy looking bodyguard one on one. And there's an evil looking guy watching the fight as well.

And since it's an episode about food... Did they explain how people manage to stay alive in this virtual world without eating anything in the real world?

feeding tubes I suppose. The explanations are super shaky.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SAO 08

Cooking with Asuna.

Yes they do. I think the explanation is later on though I can't really remember either way pretty sure its -
most of the folks are currently in hospitals with the coverage being paid for by a certain organization. some of other folks like Kirito are being taken care of through their families. the rest got fucked and are dead and died in the game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom