• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAO 09

AJonlCA.jpg

Wow. Such a great leader.

It gives Kirito a chance to show off his l33t skillz at least. And Asuna finds out that you can't just quit a guild.

Midonin

Marimite S4 08-10

Hello again, Pizza Hut. Fancy seeing you on this exact subway. As the opening shot while they pan down to Yumi, no less. That was the only pizza-related thing in these episodes, the real key point was that the Lady Roses and the council in general have a really high incumbency rate. Touko entered, deliberately lost for some reason, and no change was made. I understand why it wouldn't be, these are the main characters we're talking about here, but it's no wonder becoming part of the Yamayuri Council is a distant dream for so many of the girls at this school.

Glad to see Noriko taking a more active role in things. She's kinda been off on the sidelines since Shimako chose her. As for the whole Touko matter, while she's yet another example of Kugyuu's tsundere power, she feels different from what people usually think of in a Kugimiya tsundere. More restrained (as everyone in this show is), but still causing drama because of her stubbornness. Probably closer to the Palmtop Tiger if anything else.

Fight, Yumi!

Jex

My school's anime club had it's first sampler of the school year last night and here are my impressions
Angel Beats 1
Maria Watches Over Us 1
Level E 1
Maria Holic 1
Elfen Lied 1

Surely a sampler should involve more than one decent show? Ideally they'd all be good shows! I recommend switching schools ASAP.

PK Gaming

Locodol 9

It's been a while since I last watched this. The last 2 episodes were ok, but they didn't really grab me. Fortunately, this episode ended up being pretty great. It's focus on Yukari (aka the best character on the show) and the Yukari & Nanako relationship (aka the heart of the show) was a recipe for success.

Clov

It ended without anybody explaining anything to Shinji or the audience, which is probably exactly according to plan.

Also:

Z1zTLUi.png

Happy birthday!

I'll be cautiously optimistic about 3.0+1.0. I enjoyed 1.11 and 2.22. Even if 3.33 was pretty bad, there's always the chance that somehow it will be a nice action movie. Best case scenario is that they totally redo 3.33!

SAO 10

So the creepy looking bodyguard was actually
an evil murderer and some kind of spy
all the time. What a surprise.

Kirito loses
a limb, but gains a wife
. And now they're moving to the countryside. Will that be ok with the guild though? Wasn't the big fight at the start of the episode that started all this to prevent people from leaving?

Caesnd

I don't fault Anno for doing what he does. If it were up between expanding on a previously created concept indefinitely and giving up, I'd choose the former as well. There's no point in selflessness if the ideas just don't come anymore.

Bwxjw8oCMAA4BsL.jpg:large

so the next movie is not called 4.0....

As expected of the Master...?

---------------------------------

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 23

I see how they made this two episodes now, so much filler content. It wasn't bad though.
Would've preferred this be one episode then do a more filler-type Egypt arrival episode with
Iggy

CorvoSol

EVA 3.0 + 1.0 is just going to be EVA 3.0 with scenes from 1.0 added in. Nothing new at all, and nothing making any sense. Just gonna be that way.

Midonin

Invaders 09

Yurika is pretty great. And even though
everyone's memories of her heroism ended up being erased
, she still ultimately got the respect she's been looking for. Both of the Nijinos in shows I'm following are looked at oddly for their habits, but they're also both skilled at what they do. In fact, Yurika's story arc here propelled the show closer to finding out what everyone wants out of the room than any other. That scene where everyone grouped together to take down Maki was pretty sweet, including Tulip trying to KO her from orbit. This is a pretty great show. The chaotic first episode has given way to slightly less chaotic other episodes, but mostly, the cast is really lovable. Even Harumi is holding some kind of secret, obviously.

The blade that was broken will be reforged!

Branduil

Happy birthday dude.

I was working on my birthday a week ago. My mom was in the hospital. So that's why I wasn't on that much last week.

Edit: Thinking about giving YuruYuri my famous 6 page review thing. I really like it a lot and I think it deserves it.

You'll be happy to know I'm up to episode 16 of Clannad.

You'll be happy to know I'm up to episode 16 of Clannad.

Oh hey! Well at least there's some advancement there. :)

I am still at episode 16 of G Gundam for Corvo's bet and for Linkman I got penalized because I didn't finish FFV in time so now I have to watch Watamote for him.

Anyways I hope you're enjoying it.

Midonin

Tokyo ESP 09

A far more serious episode this time. Looks like the show's decided on taking this tone from here on out, especially if it uses this to lead into the finale.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Happy birthday Corvo!

Also, LOL at Evangelion 3.0+1.0

You know what, Valve can follow Anno example.

We don't need Half Life 3, we need Half Life 2+1

Branduil

Oh hey! Well at least there's some advancement there. :)

I am still at episode 16 of G Gundam for Corvo's bet and for Linkman I got penalized because I didn't finish FFV in time so now I have to watch Watamote for him.

Anyways I hope you're enjoying it.

You can find my episode reviews in this thread.

Surely a sampler should involve more than one decent show? Ideally they'd all be good shows! I recommend switching schools ASAP.

I find it especially weird since last year, we watched a ton of good shows like Gurren Lagann, Mawaru Penguindrum, Baccano, Gankutsuo, Steins;Gate and Michiko & Hatchin

Jex

I find it especially weird since last year, we watched a ton of good shows like Gurren Lagann, Mawaru Penguindrum, Baccano, Gankutsuo, Steins;Gate and Michiko & Hatchin

One can only assume the fault lies in the person who coordinated the picks for this 'sampler' session. It sounds like they've changed since last year.

I can only recommend you find the person involved and hang them up by their nostrils as fitting punishment!

Glasslip 10 I like the Yuki and Yanagi stories but I think Touko's story is a mess. Kakeru is not a well-written character at all. Thus far I think True Tears is a more interesting story but that might just be because in that series Noa exists.

Clov

At this point I'm sure he's choosing his wording specifically to 'troll'.

Honestly, he must be. It can't be that difficult to distinguish between a stylistic choice and bad animation. Often I think that choosing to use a different artstyle can lead to better animation, since it can open up more possibilities. I mean, it would be weird if in say, Aldnoah.Zero, Inaho's leg just stretched across a whole room to get somewhere, wouldn't it? It doesn't fit the style or the atmosphere at all. Yet it's not at all strange to see something like that happen in Koji Yamamura's adaptation of A Country Doctor, since he's using a style that makes the characters almost liquid-like at times. It's part of why I really like surrealism, since it gives animators a lot of freedom. That's how I see it, at least.

Jex

At this point I'm sure he's choosing his wording specifically to 'troll'.

I don't know. It may well be the case, but I've heard plenty of people complain about deformed or exaggerated animation by calling it off-model or 'sketchy' or 'unfinished', I mean, let's not forget that famous stretchy face Naruto gif!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom