• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find my episode reviews in this thread.

Oh yeah I found some. That's unfortunate. Hopefully the show turns a corner for you. I know a lot of people that didn't like the side arcs but loved the core story.

And I am sorry Corvo feels that way about me... but I will still finish my watchbet.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 23:

Did this fight really need to be two parts? It is pretty inventive and clever, even though the High Priestess got on my nerves quickly with that noise it makes. Oh yea, I had actually forgotten that Suzie Q existed until this episode, it was nice seeing her to a point, but after awhile it felt like padding.

I don't know. It may well be the case, but I've heard plenty of people complain about deformed or exaggerated animation by calling it off-model or 'sketchy' or 'unfinished', I mean, let's not forget that famous stretchy face Naruto gif!

I know we had plenty of people complaining about Ping Pong and the Dandy episode with the fish (in the animation department). In Ping Pong particularly I recall many not being able to let go at how 'ugly' the characters were. Moe anime has ruined us.

Clov

I know we had plenty of people complaining about Ping Pong and the Dandy episode with the fish (in the animation department). In Ping Pong particularly I recall many not being able to let go at how 'ugly' the characters were. Moe anime has ruined us.

Given the amount of people who complain about moe artstyles, I doubt that's the case.

Highschool DXD new

The panty shots and ecchi stuff was way less annoying than HotD and the story is way more interesting. For the most part it's a well presented generic shonen anime.

Everyone agrees Akeno is best girl right?

dxd-8-18-akeno.jpg

SAO 11

Off on new adventures.

Married life is great, then they find a kid in the woods and they go back to the starter town and see that the army is corrupt. Hm... Why are there lots of kids around though? People taking their kids with them into the virtual world? Heh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, the Maddox comic book thread makes me glad that the anime/manga communities here aren't as knee jerk defensive or asinine about women in anime. If anything, most of us readily admit that it's all fucked up anyway or at least we are honest about our motivation for watching certain shows.

You know, the Maddox comic book thread makes me glad that the anime/manga communities here aren't as knee jerk defensive or asinine about women in anime. If anything, most of us readily admit that it's all fucked up anyway or at least we are honest about our motivation for watching certain shows.

All this hubbub over one poorly drawn butt.

can somebody link to the thread? I am subscribed to Maddox because I find him amusing, and that video has been picking up a lot of steam

edit: nvm found it lol it was front page

Bwxjw8oCMAA4BsL.jpg:large

so the next movie is not called 4.0....

My mind is not ready.

Still I freaking love the Eva franchise. Definitely one of the all time greats. The 3rd film is not liked nearly as much as the first two but I like that that it made rebuild something of its own and not just a repeat of the original anime with some changes. As said before there's even evidence saying that Rebuild is a sequel which makes it even better.

Jex

Well, with anime, it's not like we're pushing for it to become a 'respected' medium or anything. All we ask for is that people don't write off every anime in existence, we don't have time to worry about fighting minor battles when there are major ones to be had!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, with anime, it's not like we're pushing for it to become a 'respected' medium or anything. All we ask for is that people don't write off every anime in existence, we don't have time to worry about fighting minor battles when there are major ones to be had!
Well, I think if someone wrote an article about how SAO is pretty creepy with how it depicts women, I think most of us here - even those who are "Asuna is waifu" - would probably agree and not try to come up with examples of how Kirito is equally sexualized for the purposes of this imaginary female audience who gets hot and bothered by the thought of being penetrated by Kirito's sword.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SAO 08

Cooking with Asuna.

Kirito kills a little rabbit, gets forced into a party and fights a creepy looking bodyguard one on one. And there's an evil looking guy watching the fight as well.

And since it's an episode about food... Did they explain how people manage to stay alive in this virtual world without eating anything in the real world?

Not really a "spoiler" but
All of the people in SAO are being maintained in hospitals specifically set up for people stuck in the game (presumably where they are researching how to get them out).

CorvoSol

Well, I think if someone wrote an article about how SAO is pretty creepy with how it depicts women, I think most of us here - even those who are "Asuna is waifu" - would probably agree and not try to come up with examples of how Kirito is equally sexualized for the purposes of this imaginary female audience who gets hot and bothered by the thought of being penetrated by Kirito's sword.

We banned the guy who did that stuff.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura 26

So the Nanoha method of getting out of the Maze, when Sakura does it, only causes everything to go all MC Escher, but when Kaho does it, she's able to execute a flawless escape. And she knows Touya apparently. This feels mostly like a setup episode, and what it's setting up, I hope it plays into the larger story of things. That shrine has been there since the beginning, and in stories like this it almost always has a larger role to play.

wonzo

Banned

capestans are the worst

dan2026

The people complaining about the over sexualisation of women in comic books should watch a selection of anime sometime.

Some stuff would have their brains melting out their ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom