• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...atekaleid-liner-prisma-illya-english-dub-cast

So the pedo show gets an English dub while Hyouka is still unlicensed.

ibztsbfq9Eaeqt.png
Lol you think a fate stay night spin - off cannot beat hyouka ?
Hyouka fans are always sometimes delirious
yea the official site updated as well (although it's really hard to get in right now)
5409C97C3766AE0003
WFAT THE HICK is this ?
Should we be ready for evangelion 5E+2.0 next ?
Highschool DXD new

The panty shots and ecchi stuff was way less annoying than HotD and the story is way more interesting. For the most part it's a well presented generic shonen anime.

Everyone agrees Akeno is best girl right?

dxd-8-18-akeno.jpg
Akeno is the best Mistress

Ps: Happy birthday Corvo !

fertygo

What the hell Corvo sharing same birthday as I am? I'm at 5th September though, I'm not sure he mentioning which date at his timezone lol.

Happy birthday btw.

Mr.Jeff

What the hell Corvo sharing same birthday as I am? I'm at 5th September though, I'm not sure he mentioning which date at his timezone lol.

Happy birthday btw.
Corvo is 5th of September as well. So is Dakkumauji. Wonzo with his magical future timezone is the 6th!

Spetember has a lot of AnimeGAF birthdays! 13 14 that I know of!

CorvoSol

Happy birthday btw.

January of 20+ years ago was a cold time before the internet. It explains a lot, really.

Also Happy Birthday, guys. And thanks to those who've rolled out the birthday wishes.

Syrinx

January of 20+ years ago was a cold time before the internet. It explains a lot, really.

Also Happy Birthday, guys. And thanks to those who've rolled out the birthday wishes.

Actually we're talking more around December. But whatever.

Happy birthday to you and everyone else.

Jesus Christ. I'm stuck going to a Hatsune Miku concert in LA because I'm such a nice person. $96 a ticket. -.-

In the meantime, is Scryed Alteration I: Tao any good? Haven't watched the anime in years.

cajunator

Banned
There's a number of people who just want anime to look like rigid '80s and '90s character designs. See the shadecube image.

I doooont think thats a good idea (as nostalgic as those are for me)
I like how anime these days uses a large variety of styles and appearances. Never in the 80's-90's did you see so much variety. Someday I might compile a picture list of all the anime eye types just to show how many differences there can be.
Even shows like Outbreak Company and Unbreakable Machine Doll have very distinct anime eye shapes.

Given the amount of people who complain about moe artstyles, I doubt that's the case.

I honestly dont understand why people complain more about the artistic appearance than the actual content. Unless they falsely equivocate.

New key visual for OreTwi. Looks vaguely Symphogear-y.

Also, happy birthday, Corvo.

Looks kind of generic but Ill check it out. At least theyre cuties.

Happy Birthday CorvoSol and Dakkumauji and also through the magic of timezones, Happy Birthday to wonzo. ( ´ 3 ` )

Happy birthday to all of yall!

Well, with anime, it's not like we're pushing for it to become a 'respected' medium or anything. All we ask for is that people don't write off every anime in existence, we don't have time to worry about fighting minor battles when there are major ones to be had!

It never will become respected because of all the negativity towards it. however, I do think a greater awareness of the good shows on a yearly basis would serve to help raise awareness. You guys try all sorts of methods and I dont think it is fruitless.

cajunator

Banned
Highschool DXD new

The panty shots and ecchi stuff was way less annoying than HotD and the story is way more interesting. For the most part it's a well presented generic shonen anime.

Everyone agrees Akeno is best girl right?

dxd-8-18-akeno.jpg

I like Koneko the best although Akeno's Ara-ara's are right up there with Kurumi's

Princess Mononoke bluray back down to $25 on amazon it seems.

I snagged it earlier thanks.

Wow so cheap! Is it a different version or did Rightstuf just take a knife to the price like usual? I think it was 70$ on amazon.

Replace Xbox with Love Live Premium Edition.

I hope I dont regret buying that.

TALES OF VESPERIA: THE FIRST STRIKE AND VESPERIA GAME SPOILERS.

So, the more I play through Tales of Vesperia, the more I dislike its prequel movie, which I had watched prior to playing this game.

Vesperia: The First Strike is an anime prequel film detailing an important part of Yuri and Flynn's history in the knights before Yuri left.

The movie all in all is okay, but then I remembered one particular scene near the end, and my dislike for it only grows as I go on.

At the end of the movie (There are also major spoilers from the game in here),
it's revealed that the strategist of the knights, Garista, had been conducting a dangerous blastia research experiment all along that could destroy the city. Angered at discovering this, Flynn is the one to deal the first strike on him, and Yuri deals the final blow.

Now, this directly contradicts Flynn's attitude from the game. Yuri kills two of the minor villains of Vesperia, and after Flynn finds out, he confronts Yuri about how he's walking the path of a criminal. The entire game at that point had built Flynn up to be a law-abiding individual, set out to move up in rank with the knights in order to change the corrupt empire from within.

Zuh? You apparently had no qualms about killing Garista and covering it up afterwards! I guess if there was any way to defend that scene, I could assume that his attitude about it in the game could be due to the regret of that decision. The game takes place several years after the movie apparently, and in the movie Flynn's a normal knight, not a lieutenant. So he's obviously learned a lot since then. But I've yet to hear anything in the game that backs this up. I'm also playing the superior PS3 version, which supposedly ties into the movie a lot better than the 360 version does as well.

I don't know. I just can't help but raise my eyebrows at that scene just because of how much of a contradiction it is to his character in the game.

Midonin

Fairy Tail 198

That took a long time, even longer than usual with the one-year hiatus that was in there, but as a conclusion to things, I'm pretty satisfied with it. The reuse of the Zodiac footage was a bit obvious, but other than that, everything has mostly wrapped up and the dragons are no more.

TALES OF VESPERIA: THE FIRST STRIKE AND VESPERIA GAME SPOILERS.

So, the more I play through Tales of Vesperia, the more I dislike its prequel movie, which I had watched prior to playing this game.

Vesperia: The First Strike is an anime prequel film detailing an important part of Yuri and Flynn's history in the knights before Yuri left.

The movie all in all is okay, but then I remembered one particular scene near the end, and my dislike for it only grows as I go on.

At the end of the movie (There are also major spoilers from the game in here),
it's revealed that the strategist of the knights, Garista, had been conducting a dangerous blastia research experiment all along that could destroy the city. Angered at discovering this, Flynn is the one to deal the first strike on him, and Yuri deals the final blow.

Now, this directly contradicts Flynn's attitude from the game. Yuri kills two of the minor villains of Vesperia, and after Flynn finds out, he confronts Yuri about how he's walking the path of a criminal. The entire game at that point had built Flynn up to be a law-abiding individual, set out to move up in rank with the knights in order to change the corrupt empire from within.

Zuh? You apparently had no qualms about killing Garista and covering it up afterwards! I guess if there was any way to defend that scene, I could assume that his attitude about it in the game could be due to the regret of that decision. The game takes place several years after the movie apparently, and in the movie Flynn's a normal knight, not a lieutenant. So he's obviously learned a lot since then. But I've yet to hear anything in the game that backs this up. I'm also playing the superior PS3 version, which supposedly ties into the movie a lot better than the 360 version does as well.

I don't know. I just can't help but raise my eyebrows at that scene just because of how much of a contradiction it is to his character in the game.

You're 100% right.The ps3 version has much more scenes with yuri and flynn ( including skits ) and i reached the same conclusion since I , too watched the movie BEFORE playing the game on ps3 ( and i played only the ps3 version ) No spoilers but what you feel right now toward flynn character won't change and that's a problem with the movie itself. i wish i coudl say more but since i don't know where you are in the game i won't ..but your feeligns toward the misrepresentation of flynn is quite right , IMO.

I personnaly felt the same toward raven for reasons i won't spoil here.

In the end i treat vesperia the first strike as a "what if scenario" with shade of truth and lies mixed in between, because the movie story was good even if it felt unnecessary in the gran scheme of things.

Well at least we had several scenes of yuri + flynn bromance.

Articalys

With about a week and a half left for online voting, Newtype published the interim results for the 4th annual Newtype Anime Awards, for works released between October 2013 and September 2014 and iM@S voters have been ruling the polls:

http://anime.webnt.jp/news/view/3444

The Idolmaster Movie is currently in first place for best film, best screenplay (Nishigori and Takahashi), best character design, best theme song, and best soundtrack; Nishgori is in 1st for best director, Haruka and Chihaya are 1st and 2nd for best female character, and Eriko Nakamura and Manami Numakura are 1st and 2nd for best voice actress. Heck, even the Producer is 2nd for best male character, just after... um, Kirito.

Mind you, these are the same awards that were dominated by Attack on Titan last year, so make of it what you will. If you want to participate there's a link at the bottom of the article; click that then click the button at the bottom of the screen, then make use of your Japanese language skills or translation software to place your votes.

The final results will probably be similar but who knows. They'll be revealed at Machi Asobi in early October.

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha - 09

No matter how you spin it , no matter what escuse you've got , no matter the reason you've got to not advance the plot , That "sacrifice"
to seal everyone memories
was some high-grade bullshit

That's NOT ok . "i've changed my opinion of you" doesn't cut it, i'm not happy , i DO NOT approuve of this. I mean seriously that's not how you end an arc , NOT after those dialogs before ? , all this character develloppement is not gone i know since the main thing is there in the background , but i cannot , forgive those backsteps.

All those events that could have been used to move things around , sakuraba-sempai , the princess , all those info on the magical girl world ...everything is on hold.
#screwtheresets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom