• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Dog Days: 01

Kc5RKQV.jpg

War has never been so adorable.

An interesting beginning to this series. Feels rather lighthearted, to be honest. That's just fine to me.

ZnT 9

The cops got the backstory, it's basically what we imagined at this point.
Again damsel in distress with a bomb, with nice red digits on a countdown.
Oh, so the plutonium
was really a prototype atomic bomb. I suppose that explains US involvement.

Terror in Resonance 09

I think people are right in saying this is directed more like a Hollywood movie then an animated piece. That Ferris Wheel scene felt pretty action movie.

I don't really know how to feel about that scene. I mean Five is fucking insane, I don't see why she should stop the bombs unless she needs Twelve for something. And I still don't know what purpose Five and Lisa really serve, or why Five can get away with all this bullshit despite her aides begging her not to be so insane all the time

Well we got the backstory, but what we've been trickled over the course of the story was pretty much enough to fill it all in.

"Highs and Lows" is indeed a good way to sum up this series.

----------------------------------

Amazing.

cajunator

Banned
Dog Days: 01

War has never been so adorable.

An interesting beginning to this series. Feels rather lighthearted, to be honest. That's just fine to me.

Yeah its really lighthearted and never gets too serious. It stays extremely cute the entire time so theres that.

That's just your imagination, much like there's no Tsukihime adaption despite how much we want it...

Its funny. I remember when Fate stay Night was pretty popular and held as a high standard of anime back when it came out. At least amongst fans I knew back then.

Zankyou no Terror - 09

Well damn, I really liked the direction of this episode. The music was quite alluring in particular. I don't think the characterization of this show is very good but for some reason I finally cared the slightest bit for our protagonist trio.

That said, withholding the background information was completely pointless as it ended up being exactly what everyone assumed and thus merely felt like the carrot on a stick to keep watching, in hope or s.th. better/some good twist. Five is still a garbage character and her actions are just unnecessarily ridiculous and don't make much sense as far as achieving the FBI's goals go. I get it, there's more to her and how she feels about Twelve/Nine with all the mind games and what not but how to care about that with this caricature of a character?

I also wonder what's the overarching idea behind the nuclear bomb is considering Nine's and Twelve's unwillingness to (physically) hurt innocent people.

Anyways, other than pretty much every other episode of this show, this one actually managed to capture me a bit.

Syrinx

Working!! 1

"Sato Jun"? Hmmm...

Kyoko is ice fucking cold. Love it.

Otherwise it can go either way; anime comedies are usually hit or miss in general for me. Takanashi is a creep, but at least that kinda played off well with Kyoko's cold and ruthless nature (hope ya like seven-day workweeks!). And how do you have a girl who punches any man she sees working in a restaurant where men eat? That seems...problematic.

Working!! 2

You know, Takanashi mostly deserves these punches in the face that he's getting from Inami. Maybe she's not so bad after all.

Working!! 3

Kyoko openly admits that she doesn't do any work whatsoever and doesn't give a fuck. Definitely my favorite so far.

Firemind

They're wearing the Predator outfit/wrist thing.

I see it now. I think. It's a bit of a strenuous connection. I'll only allow it as a spoof if they:
a) shake hands and arm wrestle;
b) ain't got time to bleed;
c) make a joke about a pussy;
d) make a cackling noise and beat up people half their size;
e) followed by suicide bombing.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah its really lighthearted and never gets too serious. It stays extremely cute the entire time so theres that.

Its funny. I remember when Fate stay Night was pretty popular and held as a high standard of anime back when it came out. At least amongst fans I knew back then.

It's an alright adaptation of Fate route (though fate route is fairly boring and is generally regarded the worst), aside from it going off the deep end with anime original content. Ironically the best part (Archer vs berserker) wasn't actually shown in the VN.

It's just the VN is so much better because of the other two routes (well mainly UBW for me), so this Ufotable adaptation should wash out any sour tastes from it.

I see it now. I think. It's a bit of a strenuous connection. I'll only allow it as a spoof if they:
a) shake hands and arm wrestle;
b) ain't got time to bleed;
c) make a joke about a pussy;
d) make a cackling noise and beat up people half their size;
e) followed by suicide bombing.

There's an invisible enemy jumping through trees, hanging defeated enemies upside down, in a forest environment, and when the MC beats it, the rest of the tribe comes out to tell her how much of a badass she is.
And then a facehugger shows up with a big H.G. Giger dick ship with dog Xenomorphs.
I think it's safe to say it's a spoof.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura 32

Body swap episodes, a staple of many fantasty-based series. Body swapping with a mascot, an episode in at least two Precure series. Fun little episode, and now Syaoran has an appreciation of how tough it is to fly when your body is not aerodynamically designed (and made his way into a girls' room), while Kero made Syaoran a bit more goofy, game-loving and humanized among his friends. Everybody wins!

Narag

ZZ Gundam 1

I actually needed that refresher!

ZZ Gundam 2

Man, I'd forgotten just how much tonal whiplash was present in this first real ep. It's like Judau is a protagonist of another show and accidentally wandered his way into this one.

G Gundam - 28

So now this show is in a "Gundam of the Week" formula, now that the final battle tournament has begun.

Every episode now has introduced a creative looking Gundam for Domon to fight against, in order to reach his goal to fight
Master Asia.

Though I can't help but wonder how long it's going to be before the inevitable fights Domon has with his friends at the Shuffle alliance. I mean, the last episode had Domon dislocating his shoulder so he could win, so I hope they continue to find new interesting ways to defeat his opponents before that.

I also like how his opponents haven't just been simple cannon fodder with funny mecha. The one in this episode had quite the upsetting backstory.

All in all, so far this arc reminds me of Hunter X Hunter's tournament arc, in a way. The only real difference being that Domon's reason for entering the tournament is to save his father and
defeat Master Asia

Whereas Gon in Hunter X Hunter joined only so he could punch a creepy clown in the face.

Blusby

Tokyo Ghoul 11: Holy shit is this adaptation garbage, Pierrot pretty much cut out all the buildup in the arc and made it a Michael Bay film, with ghouls.

Tokyo Ghoul Episode 11

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

I was prepared, but WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF! What the living fuck! They literally ripped this Arc into shreds and dumped it into a fuckin hole while slamming it down with tons of shit. Like they literally butchered one of the best Arc's in this series to the next millennium. All that character development was shat on so fuckin hard.
They skipped every fuckin thing and they even took out some highly important characters that were vital to Kaneki's character. The mom and the child were nowhere to be seen. Also where the fuck is Kaneki's inner dialogue, like without that his transformation will look like an asspull.
I fuckin knew they would ruin the chair scene, they literally screwed Kaneki's character development. Every fuckin scene was switched up and the pacing was horrendous compared to the manga.
Like Touka wasn't supposed to meet Amon and Nishio didn't get KOed like that.
I can't even comprehend this what the hell, this fuckin studio. Studio Pierrot you butchered this manga so amazingly like I just can't even think. Seriously for a manga that sells really great why not 24 episodes. Thinking 12 episodes was enough to adapt about 80 chapters, you must of been smoking something.

You know I've seen many butchered anime adaptions but this was on a whole different level. The only thing that was good was the OST and some of the battles. That's fuckin sad and disappointing. This part of the series was the turning point of the manga, but it was utterly crushed in the anime. They destroyed one of my top favorite MC and manga. I'm fuckin sad. I guess it's time for me to go back to reading the manga and maybe wait for a reboot, but what am I kidding that's gonna be a slim chance or not at all.

Locodols 11
Here are the Narakagawa Girls festiving it up. They're double booked but they seem to forget that. They remind the famous locodols of the true spirit of Locodol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom