• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Crest of the Stars Episode 2:

Well, this episode was in no clear hurry to get anywhere, instead focusing all of its time on establishing our main characters Jinto and Lefel, and how they are obviously going to be a couple at some point. Also, lots of world building both grand and small. This was an alright set-up episode and I see some ominous portents for the future already.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 99

The Dream Academy girls were alright, but Mikuru was a wonderful addition to the show. Knowing that WM is going to be disbanding after this season is not unexpected, but still a time for some goodbyes. The odds of her appearing in S3 are pretty slim, but not impossible. Her and Mizuki's performance of the current ED theme was pretty good. Ichigo and Seira are up next, and then one episode for the epilogue, ending on 101 before Akari takes over.

duckroll

Captain Earth - Episode 23

For a "dream world" episode set in the penultimate segment of the series, storyboarded by Igarashi himself, this episode was pretty disappointing. It referenced way too much from the episode 1 scenes which weren't particularly interesting to begin with. There was some interesting stuff, but overall like the series itself it just feels mediocre in effort and mildly entertaining in an inoffensive way. Oh well, 2 more to go!

---

Barakamon - Episode 9

For some reason I found this episode pretty funny, even though most of it was at the expense of the guy getting tormented or physically injured. I guess watching him act like an unrestrained manchild for once was what did it for me.

---

Nozaki-kun - Episode 9

Seo throwing the umbrella was probably the best part of the first half. Otherwise it was pretty predictable, but I still enjoyed it. I loved the second half though. Maybe I have a thing for tanukis too.... uh oh! :(

Nozaki-kun - Episode 10

Damn this episode was fantastic. Seo and Kishima going all out to upstage the other characters. Loved the sword fight too. There's something really, really sad and yet super hilarious about the problem relationships on this show. Everyone is so dysfunctional, but yet they're so energetic and oblivious to their flaws. It's really fucking hilarious. Best comedy of the season!

Defuser

More people should watch Sabagebu! It gives Nozaki-kun a run for its money. It's like Nichibros but with a anti protagonist and guns.

Midonin

Glasslip 11

So we have two more episodes before the end. The piano performance was nice, but I'm curious what's up with the snow. Other than that, a regular episode of the show. There hasn't really been any big melodramatic moments, and while I can't say I've gotten that invested in it, I don't dislike it either.

Psycho-Pass - 13

Continuing the story from episode 11, the hunt for Makashima resumes. I really liked this episode, as it continues to give more insight on the characters, this time with Akane, risking her Psycho-Pass and mental health just to get a friggin' picture of Makashima, who seemed to be missing a neck when she tried to remember him (please tell me I wasn't the only person who saw and laughed at that). We also get some insight in regards into the Crime Coefficients of various characters and how they try to keep them in check, which was pretty neat. Also, new ED is meh as well.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
They are doing a new anime of Fate soon aren't they?
With a diffetent route?

Hopefully he will be better in that.
Or a least there will be less of his boring ass.

He's actually very interesting when properly developed. Watch this scene it's not exactly a spoiler or a major plot point but it gives deeper understanding of his character as a whole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfdUfxXOsAg&list=PL3932DEBC8D9FA4B3&index=41

You should warned though UBW focuses completely on Shirou much more than the other routes.

Midonin

Princess Tutu 12-14

Having the show forcibly split in two sounds tough on the creators, which is why I'm glad the DVD restored them to their proper format. The ballet and theatrical influences are worn on the show's sleeve, but in the way the plot is set up, I'm sensing a bit of Into The Woods as well. Tutu may have saved the prince, but the start of the second act makes it clear she didn't save him entirely, nor that saving him is something she should aspire to.

Rue being the
daughter of the Raven
makes sense, but it also makes her feel like she could be heading towards Edel's fate. She has thoughts of her own, a will of her own, and her body is not intentionally flammable, but she's still being manipulated by someone of her own accord. The Raven is clearly doing his own thing, but Drossy was the creator of even him. So what's he manipulating this towards? If he wants to see his own story complete, he's being very vague about it, instead preferring to revel in everyone's suffering.

Beautifully animated suffering, but nobody in this show is really enjoying what's going on.

JbMFRYC.png

'cept for maybe these two.

Wasn't expecting Timon and friends to show up. The second chapter's start mirrored a lot of the imagery of the first half, so I'm curious as to where this is going to go. I'm becoming quite invested in this.

Psycho-Pass - 14

Another good episode. This one actually feels like an episode of CSI to me, not to mention how right Makashima actually is, and it definitely hints to something really big happening.

Please Twins! 08

The student council president sure likes to interfere.

At least it all worked out this time. Both the other characters who where trying to steal Maiku away from Miina and Karen seems to have been dealt with.

Mature

Coming by again to request you guys to join me in another hopeful, and probably unfruitful, quest in search of the mythical Blue Uru (or better said Uru in Blue) and another actual proof of its existence; tomorrow commences the German event Connichi 2014 and the habitual guest of honour of it that is Hiroyuki Yamaga of course isn't going to miss it! One cool thing is that trusty Manganimation.net staffer Rukawa is going to attend and bring us information first-hand:

Avec Yamaga & Shimamoto, en 2014 c'est une Connichi de Feu ! - News - Manganimation.net, Manga Anime, news & reviews
http://www.manganimation.net/news/2014/09/avec-yamaga-shimamoto-en-2014-c-est-une-connichi-de-feu

Although having Mr. Shimamoto there too also gives expectations about the possible Aoi Honō animated adaptation which Takami Akai mentioned that Mr. Shimamoto himself wanted to make along GAiNAX. Just look at them and their complicit smiles and you just know they are planning something in the meantime. :-D

In resume, let's all dream a little one more time!
And maybe suffer a little one more time too reminding us again of what exactly is happening with Ghost Rhapsody (https://twitter.com/Duune99/status/494221550737195008).
I almost don't want to hear anything about it if the 2018 date (or whatever) was true. It's just too far.

Who am I kidding- gimme details!!

Man, I'm really scraping the crap off from under the table with my Crunchyroll queue. A Bridge to the Starry Skies and A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives back to back. Both of these are garbage.

Please Twins! 09

It's a school festival epi... Oh, wait. It got canceled because of rain.

It's an episode where everybody goes on dates instead. Married couples, dating couples, perverts and possible relatives alike. Both Miina and Karen gets some alone time with Maiku and then somebody from Miina's past shows up.

Man, I'm really scraping the crap off from under the table with my Crunchyroll queue. A Bridge to the Starry Skies and A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives back to back. Both of these are garbage.

Was Rabbit really bad? I've been meaning to check it out after finding out it was written by the same author as The Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

Psycho-Pass - 16

Well, damn, this was great. This episode ups the action and recalls the opening to the very first episode, only to leave me with one hell of a cliffhanger.

Six episodes left and I'm really digging it.

Pooya

argevollen 11

Is this going to continue next season or is it split?

--

It's about time they start killing off characters, it looked they're preparing for it hard this week...

best MC is the bestest, loooool. Didn't see him going that far!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Zankyou no Terror Episode 9:

At long last we finally get the backstory on the motivations of Nine and Twelve and it is all so disgustingly standard and also in no way justifies their actions or makes them sympathetic. Just one more episode and we will be done with this shitfest, I eagerly await consign his massive disappointment to the void of history.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 376-377

I feel like quarter of my braincells evaporated after watching this special. By going completely off the rails, they managed to make quite a funny episode. Loved Shino's self awareness, making fun of Naruto's hard on for Sasuke, Sakura's uselessness (was that a Gurren reference there?) or or just the sheer absurdity of the action. Deidara's trolling of Gaara probably takes the cake though.

cajunator

Banned
Chaika the Coffin Princess 5

I'm seeing double. Four Chaikas! Clearly they are the emperor's horcruxes or whatever.

Show continues to walk the path of "competent" with decent fights while showing little ambition of being anything more.

Four chaikas is better than one! She was too good to only be one!

Not while The Tatami Galaxy still lacks a DVD/BD release over here!

Surprised it took Sentai so long to announce this, really. It was pretty obvious that they would get it from the start, given how they grab anything Fate related that Aniplex doesn't have.

Yeah Tatami Galaxy, nichijou, and Dennou Coil are the few unlicensed shows I would collect instantly. Dunno if they will ever make it here.

Or we are working adults who ain't got time or too tired to post.

Well Im a working adult...but I post here quite a bit!
But I think maybe people are just busy and its getting late in the season.
Or everyone sleeps during the day like me!
Whatever it is, its VERY unusual for me to go to sleep and wake up to less than a page of new posts!

Over the last few days I have been trying to watch my way through Fate/Stay Night.
But I don't think I'll finish it.

Shirou has to be one of the most obnoxious, generic protagonists I have seen in a long time.

Shirou is horrible and wrong. I dont have huge hopes for the new FSN adaptation as long as he's there but Ufotable will do their best.

Utena 27

tumblr_mzb8ywHR2U1qjlwa8o3_500.gif

Nanami's the star of the show really.

Regulus would be so proud!

And girls. I'd have started it if C3 bu wasn't so bad.

But Sabagebu is so good that any association to C3bu is doing it a vast disservice! Give it a chance!

wow you werent kidding! VN hell.

Chaika 05

Whoa! I'm seein' dou-

God dammit, Brandy.

best eyebrows since Mugi.

I tried watching a few anime from this season. I watched some Sabagebu! and Himegoto so far.

The girls in Sabagebu are mean, so mean. :< And the fights, even if they are just imagination, are disturbing. I don't know if I'll keep watching anime more episodes. My favourite characters so far have been Urara and Kayo.

I find Urara the most easy to relate to.

Midonin

Locodol 11

Let's fest it up! I get what they're going for, saving the big song for the final episode. Having them be public servants instead of celebrities does create a rather different image of "idol culture". It's unique amongst the idol anime of the world in that regard. They didn't have a lot of screen time, but the Awa Awa Girls were pretty likable, and there's an entire group of glasses-wearing girls present. The show's kinda flown under the radar, but I'll gladly declare it one of my favorites of the season.

cajunator

Banned
I tried watching a few anime from this season. I watched some Sabagebu! and Himegoto so far.

The girls in Sabagebu are mean, so mean. :< And the fights, even if they are just imagination, are disturbing. I don't know if I'll keep watching anime more episodes. My favourite characters so far have been Urara and Kayo.

I find Urara the most easy to relate to.

Sometimes a mean protagonist can be really fun. This being one example.

Tokyo Ghoul - 11

welp, coming off Sons of anarchy to this episode felt like smooth transition to say the least. This was one of the best episodes so far. It was pretty brutal, so big ups to that.
I really wished this would be 24 episodes, more developed and less censored (fuck blu ray hostage). Last scene was nicely done when we know what happened to Jason and what we can be expecting next.

Stupid ass motorcycle stunt out of nowhere

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Glasslip 11

So we have two more episodes before the end. The piano performance was nice, but I'm curious what's up with the snow. Other than that, a regular episode of the show. There hasn't really been any big melodramatic moments, and while I can't say I've gotten that invested in it, I don't dislike it either.

That has been the story of this show. The characters act as if major things have happened, but you don't really feel like it since it's not melodramatic. It's weird because I'm not really invested in any one story or character.

Mr.Jeff

The Idolm@ster - 06
New unit is formed from three out of the however many idols. "Hot-shot" producer gets bruised ego and tries to do something. Skim, skim, skim. Some kind of happy ending but Miki is obviously aiming to be popular at any cost.
Boring.

Also, even though he doesn't visit the thread any more, Happy Birthday to Kurita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom