• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

Tokyo Ghoul adaptation being garbage it's not really a surprise after what we've seen so far. they, however, really did put a lot of effort into making this last episode a huge pile of shit. Lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Zankyou no Terror Episode 9
I actually really liked the way most of the scenes played out in this episode, but the show is kind of boring when everything plays out exactly as people thought it would from the start. Also, a lot of essential plot pieces are just stupid.
We hid this atomic bomb in a locker at high school. Also, when people head to retrieve it they will start shooting the place up, because that isn't dangerous.

Tokyo Ghoul adaptation being garbage it's not really a surprise after what we've seen so far. they, however, really did put a lot of effort into making this last episode a huge pile of shit. Lol.

It just killed me on how they amazingly butchered this series. Tokyo Ghoul's manga is one of my top favorite. And seeing this adaption made wonder how a competent Studio would of done like MadHouse.

G Gundam - 30

So, yeah I understand the whole Aila thing in Build Fighters a lot more now.

Personally, I think Allenby's design and personality is all right. A blue-haired, hot-blooded, fighter girl, who acts like a Sailor Scout in a Gundam? That's cool. I'm down for that.

You know what I'm not down for?

Pairing her up with Domon as another love interest. Please G Gundam. You've built up the beautiful Domon and Rain pairing for 29 episodes now. Don't side track yourself with pointless love-triangle drama because of her. PLEASE.

#TeamRain

wonzo

Banned
oHR4LBo.gif

That isn't very nice. :|
i couldnt stop laughing when that happened in the show lmfao

Quasar

Glasslip 11 - This is weird. Almost all the relationship drama seems to have evaporated. Which is a bit unusual for this kind of faire.

P4G 10 - Bakatastic.

CorvoSol

G Gundam - 30

So, yeah I understand the whole Aila thing in Build Fighters a lot more now.

Personally, I think Allenby's design and personality is all right. A blue-haired, hot-blooded, fighter girl, who acts like a Sailor Scout in a Gundam? That's cool. I'm down for that.

You know what I'm not down for?

Pairing her up with Domon as another love interest. Please G Gundam. You've built up the beautiful Domon and Rain pairing for 29 episodes now. Don't side track yourself with pointless love-triangle drama because of her. PLEASE.

#TeamRain

I view Allenby as a feint, actually. The whole point of her is to be likeable but to cause that friction and that love triangle to make the fans unsure about things, and to set up parts of the end of the entire show. She's less a waste of time and more Imagawa building up to bigger things.

One Piece Episode of Merry

This. Is. Bullshit.

After a long wait, I decided to watch this and went through basically a quick recap of Water 7/Enies Lobby just for that farewell scene.

And finally.

Absolutely finally.

I got through the entire scene without crying even once.

Even when the voice spoke since that's the point when I can't hold back.

I thought I was in the clear.

But then she showed up watching over everyone at the end and I...

I....

9591d064jw1eg3epmdfwjrysti.gif

Goddamnit.

That was cheating :(

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Because she is going to die. This is what she got from the Make-A-Wish foundation.
This make way too much sense.

Paranoia Agent 1-3

Posting my impresson about Paranoia Agent, a tv series directed by late Satoshi Kon.

Goddamn, everything about it look so great. I like how animation vary between each episode to emphasis the problem with each character. This being Satoshi Kon, he use of image, abstract animation, cutting scene feel so fluid. There's also no mundane scene. Every scene serve it's purpose well enough to give a viewer a chance to analyze the significant of the scene and if it's relevant to the previous episode or not.

I'm enjoying my ride so far.

I view Allenby as a feint, actually. The whole point of her is to be likeable but to cause that friction and that love triangle to make the fans unsure about things, and to set up parts of the end of the entire show. She's less a waste of time and more Imagawa building up to bigger things.

Interesting, I remember reading a tiny section of your giant post earlier in the thread about how she has something to do with the finale, right before quickly scrolling back up because I didn't want to get spoiled, lol.

Still, I've got faith that things will be all right in show.

G Gundam - 31

A great episode that showed the really heartbreaking backstory of Chibodee. While I thought that was really well done, what I'm curious about it what happened earlier in this episode.

So now George is out of the tournament as well? I thought for sure that he along with Argo were going to get a fight against Domon in this arc. Ah well. I'm not sure what more backstory they could add for the both of them at this point now that I think about it. Since previous episodes already covered big parts of their history.

CorvoSol

Interesting, I remember reading a tiny section of your giant post earlier in the thread about how she has something to do with the finale, right before quickly scrolling back up because I didn't want to get spoiled, lol.

Still, I've got faith that things will be all right in show.

G Gundam - 31

A great episode that showed the really heartbreaking backstory of Chibodee. While I thought that was really well done, what I'm curious about it what happened earlier in this episode.

So now George is out of the tournament as well? I thought for sure that he along with Argo were going to get a fight against Domon in this arc. Ah well. I'm not sure what more backstory they could add for the both of them at this point now that I think about it. Since previous episodes already covered big parts of their history.

Losing a match does not disqualify you from the Gundam fight tournament. Just like in Build Fighters you can afford to lose a few matches as long as you're doing well enough. Like how Fellini was still a contender even after he'd lost to Sei and Reiji. Domon cannot afford to lose any matches because he is a silly loudmouth who boasted he would be undefeated before reaching Master Asia (since Master is the Undefeated of the East, this would set them on equal grounds.) I think, technically, the only major ways to disqualify someone is to completely destroy their Gundam and kill them, since Wong says he's letting them repair their Gundams as much as they want.

Mature

Losing a match does not disqualify you from the Gundam fight tournament. Just like in Build Fighters you can afford to lose a few matches as long as you're doing well enough. Like how Fellini was still a contender even after he'd lost to Sei and Reiji. Domon cannot afford to lose any matches because he is a silly loudmouth who boasted he would be undefeated before reaching Master Asia (since Master is the Undefeated of the East, this would set them on equal grounds.) I think, technically, the only major ways to disqualify someone is to completely destroy their Gundam and kill them, since Wong says he's letting them repair their Gundams as much as they want.
You get disqualified if you die? That blows.

Mokoi

Banned
More people should watch Sabagebu! It gives Nozaki-kun a run for its money. It's like Nichibros but with a anti protagonist and guns.

Sabagebu has its moments, but overall it's kind of just meh for me. However, with Nozaki-kun there is never a dull moment, and is pretty consistent in making me laugh each episode. Although the protag of Sabagebu really is great.

CorvoSol

You get disqualified if you die? That blows.

Graham Chapman, pilot of the John Bull Gundam/Royal Gundam and later Grand Gundam died but, people are more angry that he was disqualified and in the finals than that he died and is now alive, so I might be pretty wrong about that.

Ah, I see. I wish the show would make it a bit more clear on how well the other fighters are doing though.

Like, a continually updating scoreboard of some kind would be nice.

Mature

Graham Chapman, pilot of the John Bull Gundam/Royal Gundam and later Grand Gundam died but, people are more angry that he was disqualified and in the finals than that he died and is now alive, so I might be pretty wrong about that.
I'm not gonna read that since G Gundam seems like something I'll watch eventually.

jman2050

I still don't understand what happened to chuu22. They resolved the silly romance and silly
dead daddy
stuff already (Poorly mind you, but it did resolve) and had carte blanche to make whatever show they wanted and that was what they came up with?

Clov

I still don't understand what happened to chuu22. They resolved the silly romance and silly
dead daddy
stuff already (Poorly mind you, but it did resolve) and had carte blanche to make whatever show they wanted and that was what they came up with?

The drama stuff was worse than the first season and all, but I still got plenty of laughs from it. I thought the show worked when it was just trying to be silly. Best episodes to me were the ones with Dekomori and Nibutani; they were really fun to watch together.

Kvik

dead daddy

I think the only good thing which came out of Chuu22 was the shot of Nibutani's naked back in the ED. :p

Seriously though, I dropped it too after the first 3 episodes, sad to see it didn't get any better. :-\

Mature

Looks like Magic Kaito 1412 will debut October 4th and have 24 episodes.
Here's the YTV description:
Kaito Kuroba is a seventeen-year-old high school student who is an adept magician due to the influence of his father, Toichi Kuroba who died mysteriously. Eight years after his father's death, Kaito discovers a secret room in his home that was set up by his father to reveal itself on that very day. Finding Kid the Phantom Thief's gadgets and costume in the room, Kaito dons the disguise and decides to confront Kid who has recently resurfaced after his eight years of absence. Kaito discovers Kid to be Konosuke Jii, his father's butler, who ascertains Toichi was the first Kid the Phantom Thief. Jii reveals he took on the role as Kid to lure out Toichi's murderer. Upon learning that his father was murdered, Kaito continues the role of Kid the Phantom Thief as he searches for his father's killer.
Sounds like it will be pretty similar to the TV specials— at least in the beginning. Nice to see that it's 24 eps though. Do it justice, A1!

You know I always thought that Toei was the worst anime studio, but after the Tokyo Ghoul adaption. Yeah Studio Pierrot has gone down as the worst more so compared to Toei. Like how the hell do you adapt about 80 chapters into 12 episode. I mean they screwed up many other series like Naruto, Bleach, Beezlebub, Baby Steps, Tokyo Ghoul, and etc. Toei got nothing on that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Toei made Sailor Moon. Remember those transformations being used every episode? Yeah, They did DB/Z/GT as well, with all the episode-long powering up.

They practically invented cost-cutting in anime production. Pierrot ain't got shit on the master.

So then what's the best studio?

Considering how much the industry relies on freelancing, I can't say there really is a best studio, at least not since Madhouse had its creative exodus. KyoAni and ufotable have the best work practices, but the former has been stuck with shitty material ever since Hyouka ended and the latter is certainly stuck with a shitty VN adaptation, so I can't in good conscience call them "best".

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Considering how much the industry relies on freelancing, I can't say there really is a best studio, at least not since Madhouse had its creative exodus. KyoAni and ufotable have the best work practices, but the former has been stuck with shitty material ever since Hyouka ended and the latter is certainly stuck with a shitty VN adaptation, so I can't in good conscience call them "best".

I'm pretty sure F/SN is going to be really popular.

Then again, I don't think F/SN is shitty, either, so take that with a grain of salt if you need to.

G Gundam - 32

Awwwwww crap.

So now Wong's in possession of the Devil Gundam. Or at least its remains anyway. Which makes me wonder, what happened to the Kyouji on the Devil Gundam? I'm not convinced that he's dead. He also can't be the same Kyouji that Schwarz is can he? That's not possible. Then there's Master Asia. I'm pretty convinced now that there's only one of them, seeing as all of this was probably his plan.

But what's this talk about the old Shuffle Alliance guys staying in the shadows, keeping order? Those four lights can't possibly be them can they? I mean, they're dead. And even if they were still alive what reason would they have for attacking Domon? Unless the DG cells somehow made their way into space wherever they came from.

Mysteries being piled atop more mysteries here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom