• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much like college, the typical anime audience wouldn't relate to a character having feelings about their parents.

It's ridiculous that so many slice of life anime want to get rid of the parents all together for the sake of giving horny high school kids enough time to hang out in the opposite sex's high end apartment so they can have awkward young flirting. Or take care of senpai when he's sick.

It's ridiculous that so many slice of life anime want to get rid of the parents all together for the sake of giving horny high school kids enough time to hang out in the opposite sex's high end apartment so they can have awkward young flirting. Or take care of senpai when he's sick.

Horny high school kids who then rarely ever go as far as kissing. And actual sex? As far as those animes are concerned no such thing even exists.

Shut up School Days, you don't count.

fertygo

Reading this thread its almost like Sexy can't never be cool anymore lol, its not like looking to mid-riff instantly gave me boner.

Kingdom S1-S2

So good! Ancient China, strategies, generals, huge armies! Can't wait for more seasons. Only complaints are the shit animation and battles are stretched out as many as 20 episodes, still doesn't quite feel dragged on like shows like DBZ for example, but it's annoying when nearly the entire season is dedicated to 1 battle. The plot and premise both make up for the downsides though. Now I wanna know all about the warring states period and unification of China. History be interesting.

"Armless" Diao in her straw poncho is one of the cutest things ever

Xin+and+Diao.jpg

The show that would make Darwin roll in his grave. I'd be lying if I said the manga didn't bug me because of the everything.

Nice pun. The series doesn't really bother me though I could see why others would be. It's the over-exaggeration from people that's gonna be hilarious. I mean Kotaku's impression is gonna be funny as well.

Nice pun. The series doesn't really bother me though I could see why others would be. It's the over-exaggeration from people that's gonna be hilarious. I mean Kotaku's impression is gonna be funny as well.

People are going to take it super-seriously, even though it's pretty much the anime/manga equivalent of junk food.

Syrinx

Dirty Pair 16

It was kinda funny how Sakurako was all "This happens all the time" so nonchalantly. Like oh yeah, people hired by rival companies and such are hired to try to kill me pretty often. Ditching Kei and Yuri like that was a clown move, though. Writing "Bye bye" on the mirror was icing on that cake.

Liked the scene with Yuri and Sakurako and that assassin in that virtual game place.

Necrovex

No Game No Life 3

Damn, this episode was solid. The Ace Attorney and Jojo references were too amazing. The 'chess' game was also super fun to watch.

YuruYuri 4

Poor Akarin. All she wants to do is be the main character and stand out but this show won't let her. This is the best running joke of the show.

"You good camera man? No UFO's today? Just me?"
*Shakes camera up and down*
"Good! Hello everyone welcome to YuruYuri! My name is Akar-"
*show starts*

Lol!!!!

Clov

Well, I'm finally finished with the initial 201 episode run of Gintama. It was a pretty fun ride, though with plenty of ups and downs. Some episodes were boring (and others got a bit offensive at parts), but there were more highs than lows overall. Even though it was often juvenile, it had a silly sense of humor that I appreciated. I think the funniest segment for me was the gag with the kunai near the beginning of the Yoshiwara arc; the situation just kept getting worse, and it made me laugh more and more! A very fun show overall, different than your typical shounen anime. Glad that I watched it.

Well, I'm finally finished with the initial 201 episode run of Gintama. It was a pretty fun ride, though with plenty of ups and downs. Some episodes were boring (and others got a bit offensive at parts), but there were more highs than lows overall. Even though it was often juvenile, it had a silly sense of humor that I appreciated. I think the funniest segment for me was the gag with the kunai near the beginning of the Yoshiwara arc; the situation just kept getting worse, and it made me laugh more and more! A very fun show overall, different than your typical shounen anime. Glad that I watched it.

I'm glad you liked it. Though are you gonna finish the rest of the series later on.

Midonin

Diamond Dust Drops ~Akari~

I thought that gold digging was just a metaphor, but nope, Akari's dad really was digging for gold like an old prospector. There was some form of mortality in every story, but this one confronted it most directly, with Akari's dad and... all things considered, that was a genuinely sad moment. Having
all the gold her dad found converted into a necklace for her to treasure
and the day they spent together made this tale more sweet than bitter, which, given how it started, was not what I was expecting.

Diamond Dust Drops - Final Thoughts

I was satisfied with the final episode. Suomi and Karin became pals, Akari and Atsuko bonded over people giving them a hard time, Kyoko got to do some filming she believed in and Shoko was living a pleasant life. That final montage shot with an "everyone's looking up at the same sky" moment got to me. Simple things like that can be pretty effective.

I thought going in this show was something outside my comfort zone, but now that I've seen it all, I'd say it's actually pretty close to the feelings I got from Shinigami no Ballad. The same anthology feeling. The same white color scheme. The same mortality and young love. Shinigami was executed a little better and looked better, but this was hardly bad. It's a nice romance anthology, good for some bittersweet emotions.

Suomi's story remains my favorite, but I'm also partial to Kyoko and Karin's.

The OP remains incongruous with the tone of the rest of the series, if catchy.

Now I can get on with my next long series watch. Two series known for having a lot of girls who get intimate with each other, that draw on other cultures (Chinese and French) for their inspiration. In all respects, they're completely different shows.

I'm going to alternate between the four seasons of Ikkitousen and Maria Watches Over Us until I complete both of them.

Clov

Glad you liked it. Though are you gonna finish the rest later on.

I plan on it, but I'm definitely taking a break from it for a bit! 201 episodes was a lot, so I'm going to watch a couple other series first before starting the second series.

Besides, technically the second series is Gintama', while the first one is just Gintama. I can say that I completed Gintama without completing Gintama'. :p I'm not that cheap though, so I'll definitely finish the next part soon enough.

Next up, Thermae Romae! After that, maybe a couple movies I've been planning on watching.

Quasar

Baby Steps 18 - With that big goal set thats outside the scope of the show I'm now pretty unsure where it will end.

Quasar

It not really that different to ya fiction getting rid of parents for the sake of the story either.

YuruYuri 5

Poor Akarin!

Well at least she has one person who actually notices her. The openings are still hilarious. This show is steadily getting funnier and funnier. I can ignore for the most part all the yuri pandering going on because it's all so hilarious.

And again that ending...... poor Akarin.

YuruYuri 5

Poor Akarin!

Well at least she has one person who actually notices her. The openings are still hilarious. This show is steadily getting funnier and funnier. I can ignore for the most part all the yuri pandering going on because it's all so hilarious.

And again that ending...... poor Akarin.
Isn't Chinatsu the greatest?

cajunator

Banned
Horny high school kids who then rarely ever go as far as kissing. And actual sex? As far as those animes are concerned no such thing even exists.

Shut up School Days, you don't count.

Saikano

No Game No Life 3

Damn, this episode was solid. The Ace Attorney and Jojo references were too amazing. The 'chess' game was also super fun to watch.

just wait for best girl to arrive. You will know when She gets there I promise you!

It's Sunday. Why do I keep checking USPS for updates on my CCS shipment?

Same here! Arghhhh why cant it be Tuesdayyyy

I think..... she's the villain actually. LOL. :p

Yeah...... I know.

I knew what I was getting myself into the minute I started the show but the trailers were hilarious and the show itself is pretty great. I couldn't keep ignoring it. I am glad I didn't despite the pandering it's a genuinely funny show.

Yeah, Yuru Yuri season 1 is a good comedy that can be enjoyed for just that. If you're liking it this much, you should really check out Minami-ke, which is an even better slice of life comedy from the same director.

Yeah, Yuru Yuri season 1 is a good comedy that can be enjoyed for just that. If you're liking it this much, you should really check out Minami-ke, which is an even better slice of life comedy from the same director.
And also don't skip any of the seasons because they're all good. I know who you are, skippers!

I would say that it's good because of, not in spite of, but that's my yuri goggles speaking.

Well I guess some can look at it that way. :p

Yeah. Episode 1 was good, 2 & 3 were average and the rest so far has been downright hilarious.

Necrovex

No Game No Life 4

Alas, we have our ultimate objective. Time to watch Sora and his sis conquer the other countries' asses! And who can hate more Ace Attorney references? Not me!

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 42

The operation has begun! The Alliance Government continue to act super silly, regardless of hearing sound logic. Poor Yang, he is coupled with government that rivals America's. Julian remains an awesome character. Pity the admiral will probably return to this old ways.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of that, have you talked with zeroshiki lately? I don't think I've seen him post for a while now. Is he just busy or did he get caught looking at NeoGaf at work again and he's banned from using the computer again type thing.
I think he was moving back to Tokyo the last time I spoke to him, but I haven't heard from him since then. I assume he's sleeping under his desk again. lol
Oh yeah, that reminds me that I just saw this picture. It's like waifu's and husbando's but for 2D people or something,haha.
1D > 2D!

How is Ghibli's Only Yesterday?

It's of the few ones I haven't watched yet.
It's the secret best Ghibli film. It's certainly my favourite!

PK Gaming

YuruYuri 6

This girl is scary man....

Poor Akarin just not getting enough screen time as it is and they're trying to steal her introduction sequence from her. Akarin has it hard.

Noooooooooooooooooo! Another one has fallen to Ami's charms. ;_;

No worries, not even Ami can top Kushieda for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom