• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattori

Banned
[Sabagebu] - 5
This is probably the best comedy show of the year so far in my opinion. Momoka is just greatness personified.

Firemind

Toradora 11

03hSV8E.jpg

More or less an accurate visual representation of the show

Ami, truly the waifu we don't deserve. ;_;

Syrinx

Hidamari Sketch 13-14

I decided to revisit the show for some reason. I actually kinda liked the pool episode for some reason, maybe because it got SHAFT'd like crazy, led to some mild entertainment. Also I''ve been drinking a bit.

Clov

You missed the subtlety of my clever post :)

Chinatsu is the worst though.

Yep, agreed.

I think Kyouko is the best. She just has so much energy! She's very fun to watch on screen.

Minami S2 and S3 are garbage tier compared to S1. Most shows don't live up to the first season though. Look at Nodame Cantabile and Genshiken.

Season 3 was alright. It's season 2 that's just plain bad. If I were to rank them, it would be something like:

S1>S4>S3>S2

Minami S2 and S3 are garbage tier compared to S1. Most shows don't live up to the first season though. Look at Nodame Cantabile and Genshiken.
S2 focused more on the SOL portion of the show and even Milhouse had his moments with Chiaki, I'd hardly call it garbage. Also S3 has Hosaka's curry song, so it is you who are garbage tier!

Quasar

Too subtle for me. ;(

I liked both (well all three of those). Probably my one complaint there was recasting voices in Genshiken. Well that and whole thing with Makoto/mako-chan and how he's still pretending all these years later.

Quasar

So part of the Ghibli conversation that kind of intrigued me was the whole 'we wont outsource our animation like the rest of the industry' statement in relation to film budgets.

Just how much anime (tv or film) is outsourced? is that statement just in relation to film? and so things like recent things like garden of Words and the Ano Hana film are all made outside Japan?

Just how much anime (tv or film) is outsourced? is that statement just in relation to film? and so things like recent things like garden of Words and the Ano Hana film are all made outside Japan?

Outsourcing just means that certain things are relegated to outside companies. Not necessarily companies that are based outside of Japan.

I started watching FMA Brotherhood as per the recommendations given to me in this thread.

I'm barely 1 minute in, but I just wanted to stop by to tell you guys how amusing I find it that on Hulu, the intro has subtitles, but they're just Japanese transliteration...as if that helps, hehe.

I took japanese for 4 and half years in high school and college, but I've forgotten 80%+ of it unfortunately. I am able to understand certain things here and there. I need to review my textbooks @_@

So part of the Ghibli conversation that kind of intrigued me was the whole 'we wont outsource our animation like the rest of the industry' statement in relation to film budgets.

Nearly everything is outsourced except for Ghibili. KyoAni? Outsourced to Animation Do/Studio Blue/Anime Kobo Basara (BGs). Khara? Outsourced parts of Eva and actually animated part of the third Madoka movie. Shaft? Oh god yes! A-1? Is this even a studio that does things in-house?

Outsourcing has always been part of anime production, but it's not always realized by fans. It's another reason why attributing works to a certain studio tends to be idiotic at best because nearly every episode from most companies (and a lot for some bigger ones) will be outsourced at least for 2nd genga and/or in-betweens. It's all about your main staff for the work/episodes.

cajunator

Banned

Most studios likely do it. Look from episode to episode for obvious art or directional changes.

PK Gaming

Toradora (general)

Ryuji's complex towards dad is pretty interesting. I dunno, I liked seeing him stand up to Taiga (and talk straight to Minoriiiiiiiiiiiiiin) about the subject.

That argument between Ryuji and Kushieda :(

Quasar

Outsourcing just means that certain things are relegated to outside companies. Not necessarily companies that are based outside of Japan.

Ah. Outsourcing I always considered to other nations (probably based on its use in other industries and how often its related to lower labour costs in other countries), whereas the other is kind of co-productions in my mind.

Instro

Space Dandy S2 4

Lttp I imagine, but I was not prepared. Dandy has been on fire since coming back, but wow this was just perfect. Viva all indeed.

Do people like Blood-C or do people "like" Blood-C. After duckroll, I don't know any more.
I guess I "liked" it initially but I've developed more appreciation for it over time. There's some legit good animation so not all of its appeal lies in irony, at the very least.

Shergal

Is Blood: The Last Vampire worth a watch?

The movie has digital usage that is like 10 years ahead of its time and still better than many things being made today, slick directing, great realistic designs and animation by the likes of Okiura, Inoue, Iso.

Your call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom