• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

I see. Well if one can at least disable them with the English dub and mute button for screenshots I suppose it isn't too bad. Still annoyed when I read YrYr BDs were hardsubbed.
This is how you'd go about it yes. The YrYr BDs are probably this way too.
As for screens that's a whole load of bollocks altogether for BDs in general.

cajunator

Banned
They will! Discotek has licensed the first movie. The DVD comes out later this month, and the BD will be later this year. No word on the second movie yet.

Yeah I will likely wait it out anyways.

Please tell me people don't hate the justice girl.

She's too cute, has a ponytail, and her fiery passion for justice are qualities I adore.

Yeah Ive seen some major hate for that girl on here already.
But someone else told me she is super cute. Im conflicted and unsure of what to believe.

Puruzi

Banned
I started watching Star Driver today and got up to episode 5. I feel like it's pretty good and the fight scenes have kickass animation. Anyone else here watch it, and if so how did you like it?

cajunator

Banned
That's what it's supposed to be. I'm going to wait to make sure that the audio and subtitles are good though, since I don't want to trust Anchor Bay/Manga Entertainment.

Im still on the lookout for the original Armitage the III OVAs. The dual matrix/polymatrix made it into a movie and omitted some things. I want my beloved original.

Narag

Im still on the lookout for the original Armitage the III OVAs. The dual matrix/polymatrix made it into a movie and omitted some things. I want my beloved original.

Funi replaced a complete pack (on dvd) last year i think that had both movies and the OVAs.

Firemind

It's bad enough cute girls are invading our lives; now they're using guns to be cute!

I can use a manly anime right about now. How is Jojo in the manly power ranking? I would say Berserk and Fist of the North Star are a ten. Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gundam SEED are a one.

It's bad enough cute girls are invading our lives; now they're using guns to be cute!

I can use a manly anime right about now. How is Jojo in the manly power ranking? I would say Berserk and Fist of the North Star are a ten. Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gundam SEED are a one.

By that ranking, first part is a 5, second part is an 8, and third part is a 7 or 8. Second part alone is worth watching, I was very bored with parts 1 and 3 though.

Please tell me people don't hate the justice girl.

She's too cute, has a ponytail, and her fiery passion for justice are qualities I adore.
I'm not sorry. I'm up to date with the manga.

You don't understand dude how awful she is. Her cuteness is just an act.

It's manly, like a 9 or 10.

Thoraxes

I'm not sorry. I'm up to date with the manga.

You don't understand dude how awful she is. Her cuteness is just an act.
The Anime is my intro into the series. I have no idea what she gets like, but I like her so far, even if she seems a little obsessed and demented in those flashbacks.

I'd give it a 9 on the manly-meter. But it's also pretty bizarre, but you knew that!

Kino's Journey 10: The Story of Mechanical Dolls

I don't have much to say about the episode. The following image summarizes my thoughts:

XVXyAzw.gif

Midonin

Ikkitousen 01-03

I knew what I was getting going into this. The show's fanservice certainly delivers - the amount of shots per minute is up there with the more infamous ones - but when that's not the focus, the fighting is surprisingly more violent than I thought. To say nothing of what happened in Hakufu's first big fight. She's not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but she and Koukin are also the only people so far who have some degree of moral center to them. There's so many nameless hoodlums that you have to wonder what kind of city this is. The opening theme with its talk of partying for the weekend feels like an odd fit for the show, but I'm okay with the ending theme. There are some fighting/fanservicey series I like, and I know this one has lasted the longest, so I'll see if my impression improves. For right now, it's like I landed in the middle of an exploitation flick, which was almost surely the expected reaction.

Clov

Is Ghost In The Shell: Arise a continuation or a reboot? Furthermore, is it worth watching?

It's a sort of reboot, showing the origins of Section 9. It's okay. Decent, I guess. It doesn't hold a candle to Standalone Complex, and isn't even remotely on the same level as Oshii's films. If you really like the GITS universe, and just want a decent action series set in it, you'll probably enjoy them.

Sailor Moon Crystal 3

I dunno about this show. Even trying to judge it with the knowledge that it originated a lot of the common tropes, there's very little for me to get interested in. The plot hasn't taken off yet and the characters waver between thin and annoying; while those might improve later, I can't really think of another aspect of the show that encourages me to keep watching until then. The art is nothing to speak of, it's only sparsely funny, there's little imagination in the monster of the week material, and there's not much to the fight scenes. It might be fairer to wait until all the girls show up, but I'm really thinking about just dropping the show at this point.

It's a sort of reboot, showing the origins of Section 9. It's okay. Decent, I guess. It doesn't hold a candle to Standalone Complex, and isn't even remotely on the same level as Oshii's films. If you really like the GITS universe, and just want a decent action series set in it, you'll probably enjoy them.

Might be worth checking out, then. Thanks.

Space Dandy 2 - 05

Great art style, good character design, cool animation scene, with an interesting subtle soundtrack presenting a cute story.

Barakamon 5

More yaoi confusion (lol). Really not as funny as others, but putting more heart and happiness. He complains but the guys is living a good summer vacation!

Nozaki-kun 5

That editor is a nightmare! And the sequence with the Prince's kidnapping was pretty fun. Though other jokes were weaker, so it averages out: this episode was more in the "normal" range.

Haikyuu!! - 18

Good end for the match, focusing a bit less on the chibi. It's funny how actually boring is the series once the match is over, I really don't care to see the other guys saying they will try harder next year or the main characters debrief or a praising b.

Is Ghost In The Shell: Arise a continuation or a reboot? Furthermore, is it worth watching?

I watched the first OVA the other day and I thought it was good, it follows closely the style of Gits SAC in types of plot, direction, animation, etc. Though the story in this one was particularly convoluted,
in part because they play with the concept of memories and fake memories,
but really, I had to pause and rewind some times lol.

Necrovex

No Game No Life 5

Wouldn't a coin flip be pure chance (if the coin had a head and a tail to it)? Also, I may have found Cajunator's waifu at the very end!

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 43

The operation is underway! Yang repel one invasion, but the darkness that is looming over Phezzan will begin to leak soon. I don't know who to root for!!!!! Screw it, go Yang!

Andrew J.

M3 16

Major revelations are dropped almost too rapidly. It'd been better if there had been a little more buildup, but at least we can tell more or less what's going on.

Okada's influence on the writing is starting to be keenly felt, too.

Andrew J.

I started watching Star Driver today and got up to episode 5. I feel like it's pretty good and the fight scenes have kickass animation. Anyone else here watch it, and if so how did you like it?

Star Driver is great. It sticks to its episodic formula pretty closely, but that's in service of delivering a good robot battle at least once an episode.

jgminto

Space Dandy 2 5
That was probably the best episode yet. The visuals, the soundtrack, the story and characters, everything came together to make it a truly amazing episode.

CorvoSol

I really enjoyed Star Driver. It was like Captain Earth, but fun to watch.

Necrovex

One Pace: Fisherman Island 3

Sanji, stop your nose bleeds. Stoooooooooop! And darn, a Kracken would have been a mighty fine pet.

Firemind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom