• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

I have only had issues with the Bunny Drop regular edition set, which is also from NISA. Thought the discs were going to snap before I finally got them out. Just glad I had some slim jewel cases to store the discs in for now because they sure weren't going back on that case.

Hopefully something about the Sunrise titles that were announced by FUNimation and Sentai, but nothing has actually been said yet.

I'll be sure to be careful when I pick up Bunny Drop!

There might be something from Funimation, but Sentai's not even showing up. I'm not expecting much, personally. Maybe the Bebop BDs if we're lucky.

Well I'm far enough into Prison School to know three things:

1. Jesus fucking christ this is lewd, but I've learned to laugh at it now since after a point it becomes apparent that it's done to comical levels. It's still very uncomfortable to read though. Like really really uncomfortable at points.

2. All the lead guys are great in their own way.

3. I prove once again that I am a fucking tool that science can predict, because Hana is best girl.

Now excuse me as I go do something wholesome for a while. Like feed the homeless. Or read the bible.

*shudders*

But I will keep at it.

Bebop Blurays believe!

I don't even know if they're going to be there, but I'll probably cry for a few days if it misses 2014.
Release something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Any price I would buy you

Well I'm far enough into Prison School to know three things:

1. Jesus fucking christ this is lewd, but I've learned to laugh at it now since after a point it becomes apparent that it's done to comical levels. It's still very uncomfortable to read though. Like really really uncomfortable at points.

2. All the lead guys are great in their own way.

3. I prove once again that I am a fucking tool that science can predict, because Hana is best girl.

Now excuse me as I go do something wholesome for a while. Like feed the homeless. Or read the bible.

*shudders*

But I will keep at it.

I'll be the one, if you want me to
Any price I would buy you

Just starting to crawl

The art is one of the best things about Prison School, so good. Them expressions man.

Midonin

Sailor Moon 25-26

Even before I actually saw Sailor Moon, I was always a fan of Mako. She has a green color scheme, and she's very lively. That was all I knew, and all I needed to know. She made a pretty great entrance here, though I'm curious why she's the only one who needs to recite a spell before she can use her attacks. From what I've heard from a friend of mine, the Moon Stick actually saved the anime via its incredible toy sales. It kinda came out of nowhere via Luna, but Healing Escalation is kinda neat. Father Mustache's episode... I'm surprised that they actually followed up on Naru's tragicreepy romance. On the other hand, Umino got to be a hero. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Sorry Dresden, this came more from the anime announcement and the recommendations from folks here.

I can see why some would say Shaft would be a believable choice, so much shit in here screams toothbrush scene. I mean Shaft at its best can do some pretty outstanding looking anime scenes when they want (Madoka). As long as there's no owl people.

alright, i'm curious. i'm gonna google this Prison School thing and.......................

ziqfkrH.png

With the new lewd crackdown and the mad max lewd warriors we have here, it'll result in a wasteland thread where only a few are unbanned. At the very least it'll give us a most intense couple of pages before the collapse. Like the Battle of Helm's Deep, only less glorious and more lewd.

RIP in pieces AnimeGAF.

TUSR

Banned
No Life No Game 6

Wait. Why did Shiro have nipples, but the other two ladies lost their nipples? What did I just watch? What's with all of this crazy space science I just witnessed? Oh god. My head and heart. They can't.

Also, potential new waifu. We'll see how she flourishes.

Dude...duuuuuuuude
Jibril is THE TRUTH.
I had to capitalize it so you understand.

Did someone say, Jibril?

Episode 6 with Materialization Shiritori was the defining episode for me that pushed NGNL into my AOTS.

cajunator

Banned
With the new lewd crackdown and the mad max lewd warriors we have here, it'll result in a wasteland thread where only a few are unbanned. At the very least it'll give us a most intense couple of pages before the collapse. Like the Battle of Helm's Deep, only less glorious and more lewd.

RIP in pieces AnimeGAF.

Wont be a problem for me at all.

Phatmac

Nozaki-kun is just wonderful. I love all of these characters. Normally not big on slice of life shows like this but it's really funny.

TUSR

Banned

RIP in pieces AnimeGAF.

would i survive animeGAF if i posted photos of my watch through of strike witches?

Nafe

Aldnoah Zero 5
wow, what an absolute piece of garbage episode that was. I had been pleasantly surprised with this series up until this point but almost any hope I had for the series is gone now.

main character doing shit that the trained soldiers can't remotely do, check

kind of mars a complete idiot check (lets not listen to the guy who was friends with my daughter for years, and instead trust one of the generals that went over my head and started a war without my consent. I mean there is no chance he is telling the truth and if I gave earth 3 days to produce her alive without attacking that wouldn't ruin my or heck even harm my empire in any way... but instead I will just let my men who might be working against me go back down there and kill her before I can get her back safely because I can't trust my daughters friend.)

princess going to summon a magical mech at some point in the series check. (mentioned that she is one of the only people who can control the Aldnoah)
just god damn it.... I was enjoying the series and now I am just angry at it like I expected I was going to be after the first episode.

If I recall right someone mentioned that the guy that did psycho pass only did the first few episodes of this series... if that is true and the last one he did was 4 then it sure shows :/ (if it wasn't that guy I know it was mentioned someone only did the first few episodes)

The person who you're thinking of or referring to is named Gen Urobuchi. (This link will take you to his ANN encyclopedia page)

It looks like he did the script for the first three episodes, with episodes four and five being done by Katsuhiko Takayama.

Branduil

RIP in pieces AnimeGAF.

Maybe AnimeGAF needs a good purge.

I'm just glad I finished my Vividred Operation watch before the lewd crackdown! I may not have survived.

And I'll tell ya one good thing that show did for me. It taught me never to watch Strike Witches with the same mindset I had watching Vividred because I'd be very dissapointed!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sorry Dresden, this came more from the anime announcement and the recommendations from folks here.

I can see why some would say Shaft would be a believable choice, so much shit in here screams toothbrush scene. I mean Shaft at its best can do some pretty outstanding looking anime scenes when they want (Madoka). As long as there's no owl people.

I honestly think shaft is the best studio to translate a style from manga to animated. Just look at sayonara zetsubou sensei, Soredemo and hidamari sketch.

Also come to us in the manga thread. We have many things to teach you. >_> <_<

KyoAni is the only studio that could pull it off.

No studio could "pull if off", if by that you mean accurately replicate the manga's artistic style. KyoAni's character designs aren't particularly detailed and over-elaborate in the way Prison School's are. Indeed, the style of Prison School looks great in stills but is terrible for animation.

zulux21

The person who you're thinking of or referring to is named Gen Urobuchi. (This link will take you to his ANN encyclopedia page)

It looks like he did the script for the first three episodes, with episodes four and five being done by Katsuhiko Takayama.

ah thanks, episode 4 didn't bother me to much... but man episode 5 was absolutely everything I feared episode 2 would be which is really really disappointing when episode 2 was actually a good episode and didn't do exactly what I feared :/

ah thanks, episode 4 didn't bother me to much... but man episode 5 was absolutely everything I feared episode 2 would be which is really really disappointing when episode 2 was actually a good episode and didn't do exactly what I feared :/

Yeah the Mars part of the episode bothered me but I could see how a
weakened king in his last few years and riddled with grief would pay attention to his general (who probably has a silver tongue) over a kid.

Whatever I got what I wanted from this episode
Slaine x Princess confirmed

cajunator

Banned
Maybe AnimeGAF needs a good purge.

are you trying to say some people dont deserve to post here or are unwelcome? Thats a toxic way of thinking.

I'm just glad I finished my Vividred Operation watch before the lewd crackdown! I may not have survived.

And I'll tell ya one good thing that show did for me. It taught me never to watch Strike Witches with the same mindset I had watching Vividred because I'd be very dissapointed!

I wish that show was on bluray so much. Its so happy and colorful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom