• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait you had trouble with those soft NISA cases?

This was the regular edition, not the premium edition with the thinpaks. Would have liked to have the PE, just like Arakawa Under the Bridge which I still need to get, but that set sold out quite quickly.

Really disappointed with the drop in packaging quality from PE to RE, and the SRP is just a $5 difference. The episode leaflet has no room in the case and is scrunched in between the spindles. The worst thing was just trying to get the BDs and DVDs loose from the death-grip rings. I put the case on a hard, flat surface and pushed as hard as I could and the discs would not pop out.

I certainly would like to hear if anyone else has had issues with NISA's regular edition packaging, especially that for Bunny Drop.

Thoraxes

This was the regular edition, not the premium edition with the thinpaks. Would have liked to have the PE, just like Arakawa Under the Bridge which I still need to get, but that set sold out quite quickly.

Really disappointed with the drop in packaging quality from PE to RE, and the SRP is just a $5 difference. The episode leaflet has no room in the case and is scrunched in between the spindles. The worst thing was just trying to get the BDs and DVDs loose from the death-grip rings. I put the case on a hard, flat surface and pushed as hard as I could and the discs would not pop out.

I certainly would like to hear if anyone else has had issues with NISA's regular edition packaging, especially that for Bunny Drop.
Speaking of Arakawa, I need to get those blurays.

For Maria and Chiaki Omigawa.

cajunator

Banned

Can you take some photos of the RE? I only have PE's

789shadow

Banned
Tokyo ESP Episode 1

Is this a sequel to another show or something? I feel like I'm missing something.

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 3

God why is this show so hideous.

Terror in Resonance Episode 1

I would think posting videos on the internet like that is like the absolute easiest way to get your ass caught.

Erigu

Nekomonogatari 1
Wait wait, this is a prequel right?
Nekomonogatari (Kuro) takes place in-between Kizumonogatari and Bakemonogatari. Nekomonogatari (Shiro), on the other hand, is set after Nisemonogatari.

Why did araragi state his name as 18?
His age, you mean? As far as I know, that would be correct. He was 17 during Kizumonogatari, but turned 18 a bit before Nekomonogatari (Kuro).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nekomonogatari (Kuro) takes place in-between Kizumonogatari and Bakemonogatari. Nekomonogatari (Shiro), on the other hand, is set after Nisemonogatari.

His age, you mean? As far as I know, that would be correct. He was 17 during Kizumonogatari, but turned 18 a bit before Nekomonogatari (Kuro).

Huh, alright.

From what I've read shiro is covered in monogatari right?

zulux21

Yeah the Mars part of the episode bothered me but I could see how a
weakened king in his last few years and riddled with grief would pay attention to his general (who probably has a silver tongue) over a kid.

Whatever I got what I wanted from this episode
Slaine x Princess confirmed

if that was my only issue then it wouldn't be a big deal (I can overlook some stupidity, I would just be annoyed)... but even then I can't really see that...
if there was some sort of threat and he had to make a choice to protect his kingdom sure... but they are so far in front of the enemy in tech that there is absolutely nothing earth can do in a weeks time to make a real threat against them. There is absolutely no reason the king shouldn't postpone the attack for a bit and give Earth a chance to produce the princess alive given he was already willing to postpone the attack while he figured out what was going on. At this point I would have preferred the horrible plot line of the king was actually in on the plot to kill his granddaughter to start the war because it would be less stupid.

as for my issue with the main character..
. I would have much preferred if someone else had done his idea, or if the guy who had issues piloting had come up with the idea and set it up and the main character piloted it... him doing everything is annoying.

edit: I apologize if anyone saw my mistake before I fixed it ><;

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gotta say, from what I've watched of nekomonogatari it's already leaps better than nise. Has a lot more of what Ioved about Bake.

Hattori

Banned
[Space Dandy ] - 2-5
This show is really shaping up to be a great AOTY contender. This episode's setting felt like it was taken from a Dr. Seuss book and it was wonderfully animated. The guitar instrumental background music was a very nice touch as well. Erssime is just an absolute cute bomb x)
Oh and JPN Erssime > DUB Erssime
KvhTSmz.png

Can you take some photos of the RE? I only have PE's

Sorry, don't have a camera/scanner of any sort to do so. I cannot even find screens online to show. I will try my best to describe the packaging differences, as the disc content is the same for both sets. Not the best description I know, but that's all I can really say without any pictures to reference.

PE:
Artbook
Thinpaks
Chipboard-box

RE:
Episode leaflet
DVD-sized case
No chipboard nor O-card

fertygo

Zankyou no Terror - 04

Man that was fantastic, and the music continue to be killah.. this is what Sawano always try to pull but failed miserably.

Also I really like this episode theme, its shown general public apathy to the police despite its what they should be concerned about, they just laughing off their incompetency.. Social Media culture lol.

cajunator

Banned
I wonder if my account will survive when I get around to Vividred Operation

You can but dont post any screencaps. The first...5 seconds will demonstrate why.

Sorry, don't have a camera/scanner of any sort to do so. I cannot even find screens online to show. I will try my best to describe the packaging differences, as the disc content is the same for both sets. Not the best description I know, but that's all I can really say without any pictures to reference.

PE:
Artbook
Thinpaks
Chipboard-box

RE:
Episode leaflet
DVD-sized case
No chipboard nor O-card

Theres a certain kind of spindle in a very hard plastic case. It grips the center of the discs with tenacious force and the only way to really get the disc out is the soft surface technique described earlier.

_hekk05

Banned
Upotte, all animated To Love Ru series (TLR, Motto, Darkness), Maken Ki S2, Ladies vs Butlers, Rinne no Lagrange, Softenni, Hen Semi, Kanokon, Nyaruko S1 and S2, and Yamato 2199 are some.

But LadyBato has such bad animation and Kanokon left scars on people. Scars

Which studio did Gintama? Would seem like a good fit?

Re: Hamatora 5
These defecting Minimums are pretty mysterious but interesting. Murasaki doing all the chores is funny in a way.
It's too bad Art's partner had to die.

Maybe i missed something but i disliked space dandy S2 - 05

It was boring
i wantedto do a write-up but i guess this is what fishing does to me.
I really didn't like that episode

[Space Dandy ] - 2-5
This show is really shaping up to be a great AOTY contender. This episode's setting felt like it was taken from a Dr. Seuss book and it was wonderfully animated. The guitar instrumental background music was a very nice touch as well. Erssime is just an absolute cute bomb x)

I keep forgetting to watch this when it actually airs. Time to go watch it On Demand.

I've been enjoying this season a lot more than the previous one.

Mature

[Space Dandy ] - 2-5
High praise for the Japanese VA then. I thought she was great in the English dub.

Grand Theft Onizuka - 2

Yeesh Chairman lady. I know you probably wanted to see just how much Onizuka wanted the job, but if you were gonna stay the whole night regardless, you couldn't have just said: "Come back later today or tomorrow" or something to NOT make the guy endanger lives speeding like that with a truck?

So Onizuka gets the job and the status quo is now set. All right, should be interesting to see what kind of class he ends up with. Will it be full of delinquents like episode 1? Full of girls like he dreams? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Theres a certain kind of spindle in a very hard plastic case. It grips the center of the discs with tenacious force and the only way to really get the disc out is the soft surface technique described earlier.

I will have to keep that in mind. Just glad the discs came out without any damage in the end.

Hattori

Banned
High praise for the Japanese VA then. I thought she was great in the English dub.
The english dub was fine but compared to the original dub it's quite lacking. Mainly because the original dub actually sounded like a child whereas the eng. dub sounded like a person trying to sound like a kid. But that's just my opinion.

Syrinx

Aria: The Natural 9

Something occurred to me in that preview in the beginning. Aika (or Alice, but I think Aika) mentioned that they didn't know when they'd have to take their Undine exam, and I realized that not once during watching this show did I ever wonder about when they were gonna take the exam or gonna become full Undines or...anything, really. There are several shows with little/very slow/almost non-existant plot progression that I've enjoyed, but this may be the first time I've never even thought about where the show is going. And I'm not sure I care. This series could go the whole way without any of the main three making it beyond where they are now and I don't think I'd mind at all.

One thought I had had was that I would like to see some backstory on how Akari came to end up at Aria Company. And while I guess it would be nice, even that is probably unnecessary. Because all it takes is a few minutes of Akari and Alicia interacting to see why Alicia took on Akari as her apprentice. It's so apparent that the details of how that came to be really don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom