• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam-san 11

03f7a13633.jpg

I like the idea that the mobile suits spend all the time in the hanger shittalking their pilots. There should be another spinoff series just about that!

Himegoto 11

Wow, that was some high tier ecchi physics right there.
And even more character development! The new PuPiPo?

no

Sailor Moon 38

Nothing suspicious about a Moon Princess contest, nope.

And the reasons they have for figuring out who Sailor Moon is in this episode makes the plan from the previous episode seem genius. Luckily Yuichiro and Tuxedo Mask saves the day this time.

Noazki Kun - 11

Great episode, I enjoy this the most when Sakura is on screen. Her reaction is gold. This episode made we want a toradora/golden time X nozaki kun show

nani kana~
hnng

Once the manga finishes up or around then, they should adapt the rest. I think that was the plan.

The time it ended it was like less than 15 or so chapters to the manga, even then with what we have now, I think they could really only get about 26 episodes in...so they might as well wait even longer.

Oh wow, never realized it was catching up so fast what with the crazy amount of filler.

Link Man

Banned
Hayate the Combat Butler 1

iVmR6anj6HW2W.jpg

This show is brilliant. Evangelion references, fourth wall breaking out the wazoo, the hero's angel suggesting kidnapping a little girl, THE HERO PUNCHING OUT SANTA CLAUSE, it's all hilarious to me. I can tell I'm gonna fly through this series.

Hayate the Combat Butler 1

This show is brilliant. Evangelion references, fourth wall breaking out the wazoo, the hero's angel suggesting kidnapping a little girl, THE HERO PUNCHING OUT SANTA CLAUSE, it's all hilarious to me. I can tell I'm gonna fly through this series.

Link Man, I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I've heard nothing but negative things about this show.

Not that I'll dislike you for enjoying it or anything (cause I've only watched the first episode and nothing more), I'm just giving you a heads up on what I heard of it.

Cart Driver posted their Fall preview. http://thecartdriver.com/fall-2014-...ampaign=Feed:+thecartdriver+(The+Cart+Driver)

I'm not sure what I would give to have that sort of writing skill but I'm sure it would be something big. Every season she comes out with the goods.

Some highlights:

Amagi Brilliant Park

Nope. I aint even mad. You’re not going to get a reaction out of me KyoAni. I shall cover this in a purely neutral fashion. Amagi Brilliant Park is a light novel adaptation by the author of Full Metal Panic about a highschool dude who goes to a mysterious theme park with a succession of beautiful girls. It’s being adapted by Kyoto Animation, who also did Chuunibyou, Beyond the Boundary, Free, Tamako Market etc. I read a bit of the manga adaptation and it is fucking garbage. The male lead never shuts his fucking mouth and the camera sure loves to gaze up skirts and shapely bottoms while everyone acts like sociopaths. Oh dear, I was supposed to be neutral. Well so much for that, let’s go full rage.
I, Will Become a Twin Tail

I’m feeling a little gloomy. Not because I’m about to launch into yet another rant about shitty light novels. No, I’m sad because the one thing that endlessly cheered me up about light novels was their hilariously dumb naming schemes. Look at that title. What a load of nonsense. It’s brilliant! It describes the show while also proudly wearing its light novel heritage on its sleeve. Now though these sorts of titles are disappearing and are now having innocuous names like Sword Art Online. You can’t in good faith recommend “My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute” but you could be easily suckered by a title like No Game No Life. It’s made the job of fake charting more difficult because I have to come up with new jokes rather than filling the spaces with actual for real light novel titles like Convenience Stores Manage By Middle School Girls Are Boring and I Was Captured as a Sample Pleb For a School of Ojou-samas. Those were names you could respect. So kudos to you I, Will Become a Twin Tail. You look like you’ll probably be garbage. But you wear that garbage label proudly.

Branduil

I've heard the manga adaptation of Amagi Brilliant Park plays up the trashy aspects, but whether Takemoto can salvage something there remains to be seen.

ibyea

Banned
Link Man, I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I've heard nothing but negative things about this show.

Not that I'll dislike you for enjoying it or anything (cause I've only watched the first episode and nothing more), I'm just giving you a heads up on what I heard of it.

As someone who watched the show, I will say this. There are some good, funny episodes at the beginning. The show eventually devolves into romantic drama and it loses all sense of fun. At least as far as I can remember, it's been a while since I even had to remember that show.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've just watched four episodes of SAO II back to back to catchup.

I don't think my body can take any more of Kiritio's manliness. I'm sweltering from the testosterone.

Also I like that I added Klein to my SAOII OP as a joke and it turns out he's actually got a part in this. It's cos me and SAO are like blood brothers, so close we're on the same wavelength.

Is the Order a Rabbit? 09

Almost Bulleta.

Rize (they finally got the correct name in the subtitles) gets to be in a play and the mysterious novelist starts working in the cafe. Looks like Chino visited the town in the past as well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Co-signed.

I should watch that some day.

Anyway I decided to rank all the Sports anime I've watched after seeing some crazy stuff last night in this thread:
Touch
Cross Game
Haikyuu
Giant Killing
Hajime no Ippo
Ping Pong
Ace of Diamond
Major
Oofuri
Slam Dunk
Aim for the Ace
Taishou Baseball Girls
Bamboo Blade
One Outs
Baby Steps
Prince of Tennis
Ginban Kaleidoscope
Knight in the Area
Ginga e Kickoff
Hungry Heart Wild Striker
Ro Kyu Bu
Captain Tsubasa
Whistle
Suzuka

Dunno what major ones I've missed. Haven't watched Free or Kuroko yet or some of the other newer series. Also not sure what the heck counts as a sport - left out anything involving cars or things I'd consider games like e-sports. Wish there were some more good football anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
is obviously Aim for the Ace. A sports anime so good, that Gainax added robots to it and made a top 10 mecha anime.
COACHIEEEEEEEEEE.

I love this show. It's shoujo angst but the object of "affection" is a sport and not another man. THUMBTACKS IN YOUR SHOES, BITCH!

Oh yeah. Definitely with hockey the situation is not as bad as in basketball (even though people continue to laugh that no-one expect canadians play hockey yet it doesn't have same kind of gulf between first and second as basketball) and it's improving year after year. 10 yeas ago no matter what tactics Latvia would have used they would had lost something like 6-0. KHL has really improved the level of eastern european national teams (Belarus was also pretty good at latest world championships). Hopefully the trend continues.
Yeah. It's worse in women's hockey, where it's basically just a US vs Canada contest. But that is more development than anything else, since girls don't play hockey at a super competitive level outside of like four countries.

I wonder if they fixed all the typos. :p

Co-signed.
Also, Princess Nine doesn't even have an ending. lol

Midonin

M3 22

Mahmu saving the day, that's what I'm looking for. Though I saw the same concept expressed a little more concisely earlier in the day, I'm still behind her all the way. The show's still a little too bleak for my tastes, but the second half has been much better.

Hanayamata 11

Hana, no! You're the heart and soul of this show. What cruel fate, reuniting her family but separating her from her friends, and right after they figure out how to get the opening theme song down pat. This show is easily one of my top faves from this season, and I can't wait for the emotional release the finale will bring. Kirara once again knows how to get right to the heart of a certain kind of anime.

Blue Spring Ride 11

That questionable scene from earlier in the show has been reversed, and made into a happier occasion. Futaba is a great lead for this kind of show. I liked her even when she was kinda sloppy, but she's really grown as a person, and now she's helping Kou to grow as a person too. Mayayan's done a great job with the role. I have no real interest in seeing the live action movie since she's not in it, but it turns out I've become quite invested in most of Monday's shows.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know if there's anything sadder than people buying light ecchi OELVNs on Steam.
Sunrider is good. I've come to realize it is basically a western fan version of LOGH with animu tropes, as interpreted through western fans of the genre. The cognitive dissonance makes me giggle quite a bit when I play it.

Tenumi

Banned
What is your Steam account?

If you're implying gifting, I'd rather not, no offense. I always feel so obligated to do something when that happens. Otherwise, Steam name is Tenumi (And from the looks of it, the Only Tenumi on Steam)

--------------------------------

Dog Days: 03

This is hitting all of my happiness marks. Animal ears and tails on humanoid people? Check. Light hearted? Check. Fun to watch? Check.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Koe no Katachi and PunPun LOL nice joke.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe noitamina could pick it up but I think they need to finish a few more trashy shows before they get the clout to push something like KnK. I mean they're doing Terror right now, so that means at least another year or two of Guilty Crowns and Psycho Passes before they can do something worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom