• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNA

Banned
Yep! It's airing around the same time as the second season of Baccano and the fourth season of Full Metal Panic.

All them, every single one. Even an anime exclusive Misha route.

katawa-shoujo-break-o.gif

If you guys could actually see my face, you would see my mouth open as wide as I have ever opened as I am typing this. I am literally shocked and excited that this is actually a thing.

Seriously when was this announced!? I feel so late for this news which makes me sad if I missed the party. :(

Why would they just skip to a third season?

Also, you'll get your CGI Studio 4C Berserk movies and you'll like them.

lol true dat......Darker than Black S2

I really appreciate 4C trying to animate the rest of the Berserk arcs but the anime was so much better. Why couldn't they just do it like that? Same with Eva.....why did they resort to CGI. It doesn't look bad but it doesn't look right.

Branduil

lol true dat......Darker than Black S2

I really appreciate 4C trying to animate the rest of the Berserk arcs but the anime was so much better. Why couldn't they just do it like that? Same with Eva.....why did they resort to CGI. It doesn't look bad but it doesn't look right.

Because it's easier.

Photon

So I watched an 90s six part OVA called Photon. Five or six years ago I read the first volume of the manga, it's was a very silly comedy with crazy antics and ecchi, nothing memorable but it I remember having some funny scenes in a light tone, though I never finished it. Now the other day I learnt by chance the manga wasn't even the original work, it was published together the real Photon, a OVA series. So hey, let's watch it, I said to myself.

Overall, some decent 90s animation (OVA-grade quality), and well, it's all very 90s as I said. Lots of funny scenes with stupid characters and typical physical humor and exaggerated anime faces. And boobs. So many boobs, nipples included, the animators made sure this had "appeal". Though somehow it didn't bother me a lot, as I see as part of another age, and it's part of the silly comedy-fanservice tone.

It has some lows (even if the bar wasn't very high in the first place!). The 3rd episode is tiring, it's basically the characters repeating the same joke 4 times in a row.
And the 5th and 6th episode... uhh. Once they reach the final part they have to focus on the central plot to solve it so they turn the series in something "serious" which is pretty jarring given the previous episodes. In special episode 6 is just WTF, it really doesn't work: the end episode and they put new important characters in the story suddenly and shocking plot developments appear chaotically, they amp the drama even more, and without a proper explanation of the magictech used in the world (which we never have) a big part of the climax is mostly incomprehensible. Just more light comedy with people putting funny faces would have been better.

The characters are... well, the MC is incredible bad and bland. He is a dumb as rocks kid, totally uninteresting and dense. And not dense-hahhah-funny, more like dense-boring. And he is ugly as hell.
Really.
kgJnjQY.png

But in the other hand it has a good trope of sidekicks. From the hot (literal) waifu with a viper tongue,
dXB551E.png

the very crazy sister-like infancy friend to
JWDUzua.png

to the antagonist, Papacha-sama
HCvjTUJ.png

and his adorable, loyal but not very smart minions
RMX5Hr7.png

Oh yeah, and somehow it has
a harem end, done is the last 30 seconds.

sonicmj1

KLK OVA SPOILERS

I think that also makes sense, but there's practically no context for the scene at all. We're told it's a civil war, but for some reason Ragyo is there dressed as a soldier kind of? And she somehow knows these villagers are resistant to life fibres? It just seems like a poorly thought out idea and the visual execution of that scene reveals how little effort is put into having it make sense.

I just thought, "Oh, so she's like Solidus Snake," and then stopped asking questions.

You know, because Metal Gear is anime.

Sword Art Online II - 6

Also, why the heck wasn't this Laughing Coffin crap in the first season?
They were forshadowed but the actual laughing coffin assault was lost in the wonders of the time skips.
Like many other events that seems and still seem cool but hey i'm not the writter.

- They have to put it all together on site, but they could've had the "lego blocks" ready to go in warehouses.
- They just talked about how Japan had an abundance of that material in the prior arc to the point of exporting it for favors.
- Yeah seen a few more eps so I see that.
- Of course, but it's still stupid lol.
Problem is that despite the fact that the material is présent , there is a HUGE political and economical turmoil that goes with it. not all regions have the same accès to the ressource as a result.
In short , everyone is a moron of the highest caliber in the BB universe.

Those dudes were clearly moving faster than the eye could follow.
4cb00bd4b5f10d42632c5635511b3982.gif
Damn i wanna watch it this now.

JoeFu

Banned
Dang that NISA sale. Want to buy Arakawa, what's the dif between the two listed? Why the bigger discount on the Premium edition?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Honestly I feel that's info that really doesn't need to be explained. There might be something about Africans being fiber resistant that never got introduced into the main plot.
Native Africans are resistant to clothing because something something something. Not racist.

Hayate the Combat Butler 1

iVmR6anj6HW2W.jpg

This show is brilliant. Evangelion references, fourth wall breaking out the wazoo, the hero's angel suggesting kidnapping a little girl, THE HERO PUNCHING OUT SANTA CLAUSE, it's all hilarious to me. I can tell I'm gonna fly through this series.
It's an alright show.. and there are some moment where it's kinda bland.

Link Man, I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I've heard nothing but negative things about this show.

Not that I'll dislike you for enjoying it or anything (cause I've only watched the first episode and nothing more), I'm just giving you a heads up on what I heard of it.
Not really the show problem is that the manga is just superior. The anime is close but they messed up by not choosing whenever they should focus on the characters and ignore the story or focus on the story at the expense of being not as funny ( because the first animated team did bring a lot of funny things to the table )

Hayate no gotoku is fun , but will never reach his potential because we'll never get the athena arc we deserved
1kYFZJQ.png

'nuff said.
BOUGHT ! wait i already have it

I always like the cart
winter-2015-anime-chart.jpg
I hate you ... not because of full metal panic , but because there is mushoku tensei in it.
And nobody could do a anime of mushoku tensei justice.Especially NOT Bones
( but i want it anyway ! just not by bones, i dunno give it to MADHouse !)

I think they kinda rushed this fight. Don't really remember though.
I think this fight was alright in term of pacing . 1 episode for stylish is alright. I don't even know where they could cut this arc for a sufficient cliffanger.
i think it was fine since they got to the point and it was really stylish fault for going againt a gang of assasins alone( over confidence )

Branduil

I noticed that one as well. Seems like an odd choice for a supposed "dream list".

Well at least the series is dead enough that even Sunrise can't do anything to ruin it.

Maybe they were trying to make the list more believable?

But yeah I have no idea why anyone would want modern Manglobe remaking something.

cajunator

Banned
Photon

So I watched an 90s six part OVA called Photon. Five or six years ago I read the first volume of the manga, it's was a very silly comedy with crazy antics and ecchi, nothing memorable but it I remember having some funny scenes in a light tone, though I never finished it. Now the other day I learnt by chance the manga wasn't even the original work, it was published together the real Photon, a OVA series. So hey, let's watch it, I said to myself.

Overall, some decent 90s animation (OVA-grade quality), and well, it's all very 90s as I said. Lots of funny scenes with stupid characters and typical physical humor and exaggerated anime faces. And boobs. So many boobs, nipples included, the animators made sure this had "appeal". Though somehow it didn't bother me a lot, as I see as part of another age, and it's part of the silly comedy-fanservice tone.

It has some lows (even if the bar wasn't very high in the first place!). The 3rd episode is tiring, it's basically the characters repeating the same joke 4 times in a row.
And the 5th and 6th episode... uhh. Once they reach the final part they have to focus on the central plot to solve it so they turn the series in something "serious" which is pretty jarring given the previous episodes. In special episode 6 is just WTF, it really doesn't work: the end episode and they put new important characters in the story suddenly and shocking plot developments appear chaotically, they amp the drama even more, and without a proper explanation of the magictech used in the world (which we never have) a big part of the climax is mostly incomprehensible. Just more light comedy with people putting funny faces would have been better.

The characters are... well, the MC is incredible bad and bland. He is a dumb as rocks kid, totally uninteresting and dense. And not dense-hahhah-funny, more like dense-boring. And he is ugly as hell.

Oh yeah, and somehow it has
a harem end, done is the last 30 seconds.

this has been on my watch list forever and I completely forgot about it. Guess Ill watch it since its short.

cannot wait for Haruhi S3

where is my Nagato Yuki-chan anime info!!?

That is going to be so adorable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom