• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stardust Crusaders 24

Blah gonna be the longest wait for the second half, Stardust Crusaders has certainly lived up to the hype and has been incredibly enjoyable.

Midonin

Sailor Moon 37-38

So glad they finally dropped the Rei/Mamoru plotline. I was never too hot on that one. Rei/Yuuichiro barely feels like it has much going for it, but I'll take it over trying to force a love triangle out of that. There's some weird monster design going on in 38. I just can't get over the snowman face on the crotch and the two smaller snowmen forming shoulder pads and a bra. It's creative, if more than a little weird.

Kunzite's plan was more or less the same both times, and I can't believe I never thought that
Artemis
was the man behind the video game communication this whole time. How does one rig an arcade machine to do that? Both episodes were pretty fun, and from what my friends tell me, Minako is about to get a lot goofier. Her ability to mess up proverbs revealing itself here.

I know that dub!Mako's VA blogged about the next episode, so I'm looking forward to that one.

Articalys

Speaking of Momoiro Clover Z, I just learned that Masahiro Tanaka, who is apparently a massive fan of the group, uses Momoclo songs as his warm-up music, so every time he starts a game at Yankee Stadium J-pop music starts blaring throughout the park.

Wish that would happen more often in American pro sports.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But is anime art?

Or is it a museum of art?

duckroll

Well the problem with shows like TiR is that they pretend they're more serious than they are.

I don't know about you, but I take my robots very seriously! Knowing that pilots can poop in the cockpit is one of the most serious considerations we should have for the coming Fall season.

JoeFu

Banned
Lol read the "argument". I don't care if you don't have trouble understanding the characters motivations. TiR is an awfully written show.

I wonder if the show makes people feel smart they can infer the 3deep5me character motivations.

Akame Ga Kill 11

Nope I yield

Can't wait weekly anymore, gonna read the whole manga now

Sorry weekly anime like Sailor Moon, SAO, etc you aren't as good as Akame Ga Kill

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Boo these posts
Nozaki's opening sounds like the rejected opening to a C-tier sports show. The ending is a cash in seyiuu song, only it stars the "main character", who is the maybe the least accomplished voice actress on the cast, and she's stuck singing a solo outro.

Articalys

Nozaki's opening sounds like the rejected opening to a C-tier sports show. The ending is a cash in seyiuu song, only it stars the "main character", who is the maybe the least accomplished voice actress on the cast, and she's stuck singing a solo outro.
Least accomplished seiyuu in the cast and yet she's still turning in one of the best performances of the show.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Least accomplished seiyuu in the cast and yet she's still turning in one of the best performances of the show.
I could pretty much guarantee that most of the scenes people latch on to for the show feature very little of her. Like, it's really obvious where the budget it being spent.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you look at tumblr, pixiv etc, etc, Sakura is by far the most popular girl of the show.

They've made her way cuter and more prominent than in the manga.

sonicmj1

Nozaki's opening sounds like the rejected opening to a C-tier sports show.

I have absolutely no idea what kind of comparison you're making here.

Nozaki-kun's OP song is fun. I love the bass. I love the backing vocals. I love the horns. It sounds more like a good time than any other OP this season. If there are tons of other shows that have opening songs like it, but better, point me to them.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I have absolutely no idea what kind of comparison you're making here.

Nozaki-kun's OP song is fun. I love the bass. I love the backing vocals. I love the horns. It sounds more like a good time than any other OP this season. If there are tons of other shows that have opening songs like it, but better, point me to them.

it's dimb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom