• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Some of AnimeGAF seem more active on Twitter than in here or IRC! It's actually requires a bit of effort to keep up all the sources of impressions!

Really though "My Maid is a Formless Entity" is just horrible enough to be real.

I'd put good money down on the idea of that being made within 5 years.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We need to ask Evilore for Twitter integration.

Jex

I just noticed "Crest of the Stars remake- Manglobe"

Why?

Fake Anime Chart makers can't even make good fake charts these days. Back in my day, we had aspirational anime on dem charts, now it's basically the same crap as what actually gets made!

Haly

Crest of the Stars by SHAFT.
Lecture_of_Spoor.jpg
+
You know you want it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Some of AnimeGAF seem more active on Twitter than in here or IRC! It's actually requires a bit of effort to keep up all the sources of impressions!

Twitter is basically the entire reason I vanished from AnimeGAF, in no small part because I am now too ADHD to post anything longer than a few sentences.

Twitter: not even once.

Jex

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket - 1

I know the mind of a child is adventurous and all, but I'm pretty sure if I saw a Zaku duke it out in my city and fly directly over my head, running after it would not be one of my first ideas.

I dunno about you, but I know that the Zaku is clearly the coolest mobile suit, so of course I'd chase it!

Jex

The disadvantage is 140 characters per tweet. Yuck.

Well, that means there's no pressure or outlet to write anything substantial making it even easier to just shoot from the hip. It's perfect for today's generation of time-strapped young adults!

Haly

Wouldn't it be anything by Gonzo?

Gonzo :wonzo

Branduil

Well, that means there's no pressure or outlet to write anything substantial making it even easier to just shoot from the hip. It's perfect for today's generation of time-strapped young adults!

Ironically time-strapped because they end up spending all their free time on twitter.

Haly

Oyasumi PunPun by Trigger with Imaishi at the helm.

Eden: It's an Endless World by KyoAni.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Crest of the Stars Episode 4:

Alright, I have had my issues with the downright glacial pacing on this program in previous episodes, but this is the first episode where leisurely pacing and a downright odd choice in music led to a weaker episode. This wasn't another leisurely stroll on the way to the Imperial Capital this is the episode where they were spelling out that a very long war is about happen and they need to jettison the main characters for apparently some long winded rationale that honestly I stopped paying attention to. The situation called for brevity, urgency and tension not a god damned pan flute.

JoeFu

Banned
Hanayamata 11

9UWWHASl.png

Close enough. There's still the weird dissonance that comes from the fact that her family speaks Japanese at home anyway, but what can you do.

OihfnuGl.png

The episode itself sets up the final complication before the finale, and they pull the "Kotori gambit" from Love Live S1 where one of the cast members is going to leave the show (I know it's happened many times before, but Love Live is still in my head), and I'm not sure how I feel about this particular piece of visual symbolism. It was used in the preview last week as well, which basically "spoiled" this complication. But maybe the dramatic irony makes this episode a bit different and they can let the audience know what will happen to Hana without having to completely spell it out to them.

So if this was pure jdrama, I would expect the plane to be diverted back to Narita and for Hana to reunite with the rest of the girls before the dance contest. But since I assume that this show is better than that, I am hoping that the reunion happens a year or so later, when the girls are about to enter high school and they all suddenly see her again.

I mean, that's just as contrived as well of course, but I understand the need to make the show itself narratively fulfilling by providing a happy ending. Seeing the girls start high school also basically allows room for a sequel, assuming the manga/light novel hasn't already covered that already.

I think they kept saying the festival is in a week to let us know that she'll be back in time. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Hana doesn't show up for the dance. There has to be a happy end though.

Also this was better and more believable than what Kotori did I think.

Jex

ZZ Gundam - 6

For all of the shows 80's trappings, you can't help feel an eerie glimpse into the future of anime whenever Judau's sister appears. After all he's doing it all for her!

"Oniiiiiiichannnnnn~"

sn00zer

Very casually watch anime, booted up Deadman Wonderland on Netflix, because I liked the name and the cover imae and am now 6 episodes in....what in flying fuck am I watching?

Jex

ZZ Gundam - 8

In this episode we learn that the wicked Axis respect the sanctity of life and mourn for the dead while Judau doesn't have time to think about all the people he killed because he's too busy chasing girls.

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 05

This must be the most depraved "pool episode" I've ever seen. Imouto is scared to go into the pool but when she does the bottom half of her bikini falls off immediately. When onii-chan notices, to hide that she isn't wearing anything down there he kisses her... (what?!)

Later, someone returns imouto's missing bottoms to onii-chan while he is at school. While pondering whether imouto is crazy, he starts rubbing her pantsu all over his face without noticing everyone in his class is watching him.

This is so fucking stupid. Anime is dead.

Jex

Very casually watch anime, booted up Deadman Wonderland on Netflix, because I liked the name and the cover imae and am now 6 episodes in....what in flying fuck am I watching?

Well, I had to stop half way through the first episode, it's probably one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

Thoraxes

IF E7:AO wasn't a sequel to one of my favorite anime, then they would have been neck and neck (with CE edging only because it somehow makes more a little sense).

AO almost retroactively destroying E7 earns it a special kind of vitriol from me.
I can understand that viewpoint. I just kinda consider it in the same realm of the movie though. Nothing can tarnish vanilla E7 and there were a couple really great scenes in AO that got me going. CE has none of it, outside of the launch sequence.

Bought Arakawa finally.

Kinda funny that buying S1 and S2 separately costs like $8 less than buying them in that bundle. There's no difference between the two either lol

Also PSA:

Otorimonogatari (aka best girl Nadeko arc) is up for pre-orders now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom