• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Nozaki-kun - 11

What a great show, I love Sakura's VA. Can't believe shes fairly new to voice acting.

I haven't watched too many shows this season but its probably my AOTS.

Jex

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 05

This must be the most depraved "pool episode" I've ever seen. Imouto is scared to go into the pool but when she does the bottom half of her bikini falls off immediately. When onii-chan notices, to hide that she isn't wearing anything down there he kisses her... (what?!)

Later, someone returns imouto's missing bottoms to onii-chan while he is at school. While pondering whether imouto is crazy, he starts rubbing her pantsu all over his face without noticing everyone in his class is watching him.

This is so fucking stupid. Anime is dead.
Don't tell me you're watching this for some kind of watchbet.

You know the stupidest thing about this anime that I haven't really mentioned? Why the fuck is she wearing a magical chastity belt when the goal of her curse is to have sex with onii-chan? WTF is this?

Mahouka 24

So Tatsuya has wall hacks. His power truly has no limits. And with
his limiter disengaged
the next episode will be just as much of a slaughter than it would be otherwise because no one can stand up to him. I haven't read the VN at all but it would be interesting to see two god mode characters duke it out in this show.

TUSR

Banned
Mahouka 24

So Tatsuya has wall hacks. His power truly has no limits. And with
his limiter disengaged
the next episode will be just as much of a slaughter than it would be otherwise because no one can stand up to him. I haven't read the VN at all but it would be interesting to see two god mode characters duke it out in this show.

Is there even a magician that could oppose him? Isn't his aunt somewhere up there in power?

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 06

5emGZrS.png

Ghost girl posseeses imouto and almost goes all the way with onii-chan. However, onii-chan can now see ghost girl and has come to the conclusion that imouto is a lesbian with ghost girl. He is very understanding about the whole thing, she is free to love who she wants and wear whatever perverted clothing she wants. It's totally fine with him!...

Half way...

We happened to be talking about metal gear a few days ago now this:

I'm laughing and crying at the same time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think they kept saying the festival is in a week to let us know that she'll be back in time. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Hana doesn't show up for the dance. There has to be a happy end though.
Also this was better and more believable than what Kotori did I think.
I am expecting a "Toradora" ending. I can't imagine how she could make it back for the dance unless she decides to fly back right after arriving in the States or something.

And hey, Kotori is so good she gets to go abroad. That's normal! lol

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 06
We happened to be talking about metal gear a few days ago now this:

I'm laughing and crying at the same time.
Oh shit, someone should send this to Dan Ryckert. It'd break his brain.

Quasar

Fairy Tail 1-2 - My first watching of one of these kinds of shows (super long shonen show). I don't expect to watch it all but...the first two episodes weren't terrible by any stretch.

Lets see if I last longer than a dozen or so episodes. Then again with a shitty season (for me) approaching maybe I'll keep going.

Where do you guys even set up watch bets? The IRC?

It was neat to learn how the anime took the source material into a different direction from the outset. Though the art style shift wasn't as stark as Aku No Hana it's neat to see directors throw in their own spice on adapting the source material rather than feeling obliged to make everything a 1:1 adaptation.

just started Mushishi (S1). first episode seem bit...bland

what is my expectation?

That it's basically one of the best shows to ever be created.

Though not liking the first episode may not be a good sign as I think it's pretty representative of the tone you're going to find throughout. Give it a few more episodes before bowing out.

fZ3IqZa.png

This is like Harry Potter if Rowling decided to pander to sweaty 34-year old nerds instead.

I mean, that's what half the fanbase is like now, but it's what they became rather than what they were.

Also the guy in the back died in Attack on Titan somewhere.

wait
Harry potter didn't invent magic stories.

Besides is it the story your problem or the fanbase ? Mushoku tensei story has some rough spots but it's a very intresting world and the change of perspectives is one of his high points

NeonZ

Unless I'm mistaken, Tomino doesn't take the reigns of ZZ until about midway through.

Hint: you'll most likely know immediately when.

Tomino is the director from start to the ending. He only actually is credited for the script of two episodes near the ending of ZZ though.

Quasar

wait
Harry potter didn't invent magic stories.

Don't scare the children.

Besides is it the story your problem or the fanbase ? Mushoku tensei story has some rough spots but it's a very intresting world and the change of perspectives is one of his high points

I just started reading it, mostly because of its premise. Seeing an adult in a trapped in a fantasy world seems a nice change of pace, though maybe that's because I am an adult and am a bit tired of japanese media all being about kids so it being about adults is an automatic attractor.

Did not actually expect an actual proper reincarnation.

/XX/

Dream Machine
What's the latest on this?
As of this past May, Masao Maruyama was still struggling to have a definitive budget and support for completing it but of course assured he would make it sooner or later before dying... after all, he has said time and time again that MAPPA was created with the principal purpose of finishing The Dream Machine.

Mr. Maruyama didn't talk much specifically about the film on the more recent Otakon 2014, though. Nonetheless there is an interesting conversation in there about the further use of archived animation assets since the MADHOUSE days!

Wouldn't it be anything by Gonzo?

Gonzo :wonzo
RIP Gonzo.
Do you mean the same new GONZO that reported ¥440 million in net income this July's shareholders meeting? Survival at its finest.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Doesn't the show itself make reference to its shoujo roots?

Momoka less evil the manga? Sounds like the anime is superior!
Probably a change that comes in later chapters. YuruYuri's first chapter in vastly different in the manga compared to the anime because the anime had the benefit of knowing how the characters would eventually become (big change is that Akari's older siscon sister used to be an older siscon brother!!!!). Actually, the mangaka for YrYr rewrote the first chapter to make it closer to the anime, and thus firmly establishing the retcon.

Don't scare the children.

I just started reading it, mostly because of its premise. Seeing an adult in a trapped in a fantasy world seems a nice change of pace, though maybe that's because I am an adult and am a bit tired of japanese media all being about kids so it being about adults is an automatic attractor.

Did not actually expect an actual proper reincarnation.

Well pretty much why i started reading it too , and why i had so much trouble putting it down ( read 20 volumes ).

The fact that he is an adult make it much more intresting considering the choices he make and the trouble he gets into. But the deciding factor was that BIG twists early in the books where everything change for the better in terms of settings/story/adventures.

In the end the evolutions of each characters are much more believable than the forced drama - harem induced that every LN falls into.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Funfacts: narrator mention it on the 1st episode that the manga is published in nakayoshi, a shojo magazine :p

Didn't Recently My Sister is Unusual get made into a live action show? Wonder if there's anywhere to watch that.

Yes, a live action movie. Out of all manga that could be adapted into a movie, someone decide that this one is the best to adapt into live action...

Fireblend

Banned
What is it with the trope of a character leaving forever and not wanting to tell their friends/other characters before it's too late or not at all?

First
Barakamon
and then
Hanayamata
. It's silly. If I'm going to leave and screw plans up/make everyone unhappy, why the fuck would I keep it a secret? Is there any cultural reason I don't know of or, is it an easy excuse for the writer to create a really, really lazy dramatic scene? Why are characters so damn short-sighted. Agh.

JoeFu

Banned
What is it with the trope of a character leaving forever and not wanting to tell their friends/other characters before it's too late or not at all?

First
Barakamon
and then
Hanayamata
. It's silly. If I'm going to leave and screw plans up/make everyone unhappy, why the fuck would I keep it a secret? Is there any cultural reason I don't know of or, is it an easy excuse for the writer to create a really, really lazy dramatic scene? Why are characters so damn short-sighted. Agh.

Probably the "it's hard to say goodbye" thing. Easier to leave without getting super emotional.

Articalys

http://www.someanithing.com/2127

New series
Persona 4 The Golden v1: 12,775 BD+DVD. And this is a low-price volume with an event ticket. Also further proof that Aniplex's new policies towards what they sell on Amazon means the stalker is almost useless for their series now.

...and that's about it, really.

Next week, the debuts for Ao Haru Ride, Free ES, and Rail Wars.

Erigu

Wow, that's both fairly late and inaccurate, Crunchyroll!
The first printing of Zoku Owarimonogatari has a special bonus message from the author while Kyoko's first print has a special after story.
Nah, the first printing of Zoku-Owarimonogatari also contains the first episode of the new series. And that's it. Not even sure how they got it that wrong.
(oh, and it's "Bibôroku")

No more Ararararararararagi. Sad am I.
There will probably still be more short short stories and the like, but as far as actual novels go, that might well be it indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom