• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Dog Days: 04

mdRN0aI.jpg

Look at that treatment of that prisoner of war! How adorable!

Hunter x Hunter 147

I guess the next episode will be the final one. But there's pretty much only one thing left to do unless they want to make the anime viewers suffer as much as the manga readers and introduce the new arc and then end!

THE SUFFERING NEVER ENDS!

Majin Bone Episode 25
BxrezKSIYAAKleX.png

Fun convo at the diner and actually with Libert, Wyvern and co. Kind of figured we'd get new antagonists due to how things have become friendlier all around and that we have another 25 episodes to go.

that twist with the spy on the inside though :(

Hunter x Hunter 147

I guess the next episode will be the final one. But there's pretty much only one thing left to do unless they want to make the anime viewers suffer as much as the manga readers and introduce the new arc and then end!

It's the true HxH experience!

I was thinking about that the other day, how trolly would be to put something in the last two minutes about the new Arc, and the end.

phaze

Sabagebu 11

A strong return to the early form. The cinderella and the end of crab story especially so. The sound effects during the strawberry road scene were glorious.
KuGsj.gif

Nozaki-kun 11

Easily one of the strongest episodes. Managed even to warm me up to Nozaki x Chiyo. Second half was hilarious as well. I love that someone finally realised that Nozaki is using them as inspiration for his manga.

Monster 21-26

It still feels like Monster Gaiden most of the time. At least Johan finally made an appearance. With everybody seemingly converging on Munich, I hope the story will finally move meaningfully forward.

fertygo

Happiness Charge!! Precure - 32

Wow this week episode looked really great, especially the art model, its quite noticeable in color and shading.. anyone can tell noticeable talent that work on this eps?

Also its possibly one of the best eps all year long.

cajunator

Banned
Someone needs to make a watchbet with me one of these days in order to save everyone's faith in them. The only problem is almost everyone here has probably seen all the great shows I've seen. :(

Here's the thing with Fairy Tail. This show was once my favourite anime of all time.

Now keep in mind, that was before I watched Geass, Madoka, Nanoha, TTGL, Hunter X Hunter, Baccano!, Kino's Journey, Eureka 7, and G Gundam!

One of the major reasons why I liked it so much was because of how lighthearted and fun it was. The first season (48 episodes) is all right, I guess. If you can stand one of the first instances of the Hiro Mashima backpedal.

Starting from the second season is where things start to go downhill for most people. The arcs begin to last a lot longer, and Mashima continues to do his usual shtick almost every time with each one of them.

Whenever you think that the show will take a really dark turn with a lot of foreshadowing, just before it makes the full turn it hits the brakes and goes the other way. So I can easily see why many people weren't fond of this show.

I don't recommend this show to people as much as I did in the past, now that I can see the flaws it has more clearly. But like I said, I'm a fan of when it is lighthearted and funny, so I can't bring myself to hate it. And the soundtracks that plays during the big action moments are really really badass. Every now and then I STILL like to listen to that show's OST.

All in all, this isn't a great show, but it still holds a special place in my heart for getting me back into anime. Just be prepared for its flaws.

Ill make a watchbet with you on one of my off weeks. Im sure theres something I havent seen and I know I can come up with something you havent watched.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/reaction-guys-gaijin-4koma

Nintendoman and me have set up a watchbet now.

Ahhh. thanks Mikey!

Gundam AGE.

:p

...Okay okay. I'm actually watching Steins; Gate for him to watch TTGL. Will begin after I finish Strike Witches and War in the Pocket.

This here is a GREAT watchbet and quite an easy one for both of you!

School Days 05

Ah the emotional torment that our twisted social norms hurl upon the young ones. Thankfully Makoto refuses to be yet another brick in the wall and proceeds to break away from the stale trappings of our decrepit civilisation. What an inspirational show.

Also, boobs. Lots and lots of them

Im so glad I actually own this on DVD now it is much easier to foist it on unsuspecting anime fans :D

I wanted Mike to watch SAO and he gave me shows I had never heard of. I accepted without researching either.

Having seen both of these this is a good trade. Hey Mike, remember when we traded good shows?... I don't.

:(

It takes me a month to finish a 1 cour. Maybe it's because I need to savour these horrible shows be dragging them out as long as possible.

Doom. Never accept a show without at least looking up what it is about. You could be in for a world of pain.

Just finished first season of Fate/Zero.

I expect a lot of deaths now in this second season.

Just...dont get too attached to characters.

Is the Order a Rabbit? 12

And the service ends with people getting interviewed and people getting sick.

It's a cute show, but it's not really that funny. I watch these for the comedy and only episode 7 was any funny. The rest of the episodes ranged from slightly amusing to boring.

What else is there then? The characters. The only slightly interesting character was Chino, but there's a similar characters in both good shows (like Non Non Biyori) and less good shows (like No Game, No Life) I've seen. Sharo seems to have a slight lisp sometimes, but other than that there's nothing really special here.

It looks ok at least. Reminds me a lot of Kiniro Mosaic, another Manga Time Kirara Max show that's much better. Same with the OP and ED, similar to what they did with Kiniro Mosaic. So I guess I'm saying that I recommend watching Kiniro Mosaic or wait for S2 of that instead of watching this one :p

Pretty boring and no characters I can say I like, so 1.5/5 rabbits:
u1sJrPm.png
htpUewR.png
p30uEZP.png
p30uEZP.png
p30uEZP.png

This is unfortunate but I kind of agree. Like shows like Tamako Market, it was adorable and I LOVE the art style but it ultimately didnt go anywhere. It is the epitome of a slice of life show, literally being a simple slice of the lives of these girls and that little cafe, where life might be a little bit too slow for anything particularly exciting to happen. but as a bit of feel good cuteness to relax and watch, it served its purpose and made me squee.
There is a definite place for stuff like this in anime, but an over indulgence of it might turn some off of anime a lot.

Engaged to the Unidentified 01

Kobeni just turned 16 and already got an arranged marriage waiting, eh?

And both the fiancé and his little sister moves in as well. Doesn't help that Kobeni's older sister seems to be a pervert who likes younger girls either :p

This, on the other hand, is a pretty funny, adorable, crazy, and more fulfilling show. The characters, sans the guy, are all engaging and in particular Mashiro with her cute bossiness, Benios disturbing attraction to her and her desperate escapes, Kobeni being supportive, bouncy, and adorable, and a funny revelation later that you'd probably suspect somewhat, all adds up to a much more enjoyable show. And the OP is addictive. It was also surprisingly well animated! Didnt expect that! A definite gif producer.

Mushishi 1-13

GAF I have a problem.

well let's thanks about the show first. obvious comparison will be with Kino Journey. basically both of them exploring "the world" while try to find interesting person/place that reflect with IRL issue.

Kino dealing with world idea/philosophy while Mushishi deal with human personality and emotion.

on plus side. Mushishi is beautiful series full different people and thing. there is nothing glaringly bad about the direction

Yet I cannot get my self excited when I am watching this anime. I really enjoy Kino Journey since it explore many interesting idea that seem good in first place but at same time harsh reality of the idea. While Mushishi idea seem explore stuff that already been explore by other anime like "moving on" and "sacrifice one for benefit of many". Eventhought Mushishi usually handle it better than other anime. It didn't really offer anything new to the theme. Also while Kino story can sometimes have interesting twist. Mushishi story is largely predictable which make it less interesting for me.

I dont know. Did I watch it i wrong way or Mushishi simply is not my taste.
or I am simply horrible human being

I will certainly finished it. thought I hold it for now

There is no shame in enjoying different things!
I also enjoy Kino's journey much more than Mushishi. The latter is VERY slow paced and I cannot honestly watch all of it as once. At times it is glacially slow to develop any sort of interesting twist, if at all. It is a series of short mysterious stories, beautiful and occasionally disturbing in scope but ultimately non-eventful. The
boy whose eyes got eaten away by mushi
was probably the weirdest thing that I can remember from it and that was early on.
Kino's Journey was extremely well paced and executed. It had continuously flowing stories and characters that spurred the story on without seeming stuck in mud. It is much less relaxed, and at times almost frantic in comparison. Both shows are very good, but I think appeal to different mindsets entirely, and if you are fatigued, Mushishi is NOT the show to try to watch.

Jex

Hunter x Hunter 147

I can only hope it's a giant recap episode featuring nothing but pointless narrator monologues from the Chimera ant arc.

cajunator

Banned
Dog Days: 04

Look at that treatment of that prisoner of war! How adorable!

Why isnt this show licensed in the US? It would be so much easier to get. I think the japanese version is actually subbed somehow in english but I havent gotten around to tracking it down to buy it. It deserves a local release though!

Golden Time

ntr galore

Oh god...

Golden Time 5

... what the hell? haha.

It gets so aggravating you might throw things at your TV. Be forewarned.
If you love Koko, the show will always be enjoyable to see her doing what she does, but oh man this show just has so many twists and turns in it that piss a person off. Then theres that one element that you might have just discovered that IMO really ruins the pace and flow of it and Im hugely grateful when that element is not present. I feel like this show could have been really great if not for that thing, if a lot of melodrama.

Jex

Hi, new to this thread. Are watchbets just two people trading anime to watch?

Trading shows to watch implies a certain level of friendliness where as the watchbets 'appear' to be so named because the 'bet' aspect of the exchange is more to see if you can suffer through the garbage you've been forced to watch!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In my parents' day, they played chicken with cars, or bikes.

Not little girl cartoons!

Mushishi 1-13

GAF I have a problem.

I dont know. Did I watch it i wrong way or Mushishi simply is not my taste.
or I am simply horrible human being

I will certainly finished it. thought I hold it for now

Don't worry about it dude. Like cajun said different people are gonna like different things, there's not much you can do if Mushishi just doesn't fall into a category of things that appeal to you. Like I said with your first episode impressions, not liking that probably wasn't a good sign that you'd enjoy the rest of the series because the tone of the show stays pretty consistent throughout.

This is unfortunate but I kind of agree. Like shows like Tamako Market, it was adorable and I LOVE the art style but it ultimately didnt go anywhere. It is the epitome of a slice of life show, literally being a simple slice of the lives of these girls and that little cafe, where life might be a little bit too slow for anything particularly exciting to happen. but as a bit of feel good cuteness to relax and watch, it served its purpose and made me squee.
There is a definite place for stuff like this in anime, but an over indulgence of it might turn some off of anime a lot.

Tamako Market was actually funny though. Only close thing I've seen is GJ-bu, but that had Kirara and spinning maids at least, even if I didn't like much of the rest.

They're more like blood pacts were both parties agree to suffer in tribute to our lord and savior Makoto Itou.

But yes, they can be that too.

Haha

zulux21

Someone needs to make a watchbet with me one of these days in order to save everyone's faith in them. The only problem is almost everyone here has probably seen all the great shows I've seen. :(

I'll likely start doing watch bets at some point once I finish analyzing people and figuring out who to avoid for such things :p

It's the true HxH experience!

I was thinking about that the other day, how trolly would be to put something in the last two minutes about the new Arc, and the end.
I'd say we put a box arriving at the hunter headquarters tittled " chairman heritance" and then you cut .

THE END

that would be so much despair...

Sorry , currently playing danganronpa2 , i can only see things with despair and hope ATM.
Why isnt this show licensed in the US? It would be so much easier to get. I think the japanese version is actually subbed somehow in english but I havent gotten around to tracking it down to buy it. It deserves a local release though!
It isn't licensed in france either... i don't know why If we can't get it , i don't think you guys can.
And i don't know why nobody picked this for licensing.

Looking at this situation put me in such despair.....

Quasar

I keep trying to get into Mushishi. I just find myself getting bored after an episode or two and then just rewatching some Natsume instead.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We need to ask Evilore for Twitter integration.
GAF actaully has Twitter tags. Thing is, it caused such a strain on a page it was disabled about 30 minutes after it was implemented so all it does now is provide a link e.g.:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChucklingIdiot/status/510527394781093888[/tweet]

CorvoSol

Trading shows to watch implies a certain level of friendliness where as the watchbets 'appear' to be so named because the 'bet' aspect of the exchange is more to see if you can suffer through the garbage you've been forced to watch!

watchbets are a blood covenant which if you ever decide to break will see you endlessly harassed from one corner of the net to another for your lack of moral constitution. They are a sacred deathmatch in which two people, ostensibly on good terms, attempt to ruin one another's lives by inflicting the worst possible examples of japanese media upon one another that they can.

Usually that means making someone watch KEY anime.

They are the ritual, human sacrifices of this our Aztec Empire. When, hundreds of years from now, our civilization has been laid to waste historians will point to watchbets as the justification for our extermination.

Trust no one who invites you to one, young junior. Shun every single opportunity you are afforded to accept one. Invent excuses. Lie. Tell them it is against your religion. Borrow money from strangers to defend yourself, start a kickstarter to get help keeping you watchbet free. Seek help from fire fighters, policemen, community leaders and gambling addiction experts to prevent you from ever developing a watchbet problem.

And God help you if you do.

GOD.
HELP.
YOU.
IF.
YOU.
DO.

cajunator

Banned
I'd say we put a box arriving at the hunter headquarters tittled " chairman heritance" and then you cut .

THE END

that would be so much despair...

Sorry , currently playing danganronpa2 , i can only see things with despair and hope ATM.

It isn't licensed in france either... i don't know why If we can't get it , i don't think you guys can.
And i don't know why nobody picked this for licensing.

Looking at this situation put me in such despair.....

*hugs you

watchbets are a blood covenant which if you ever decide to break will see you endlessly harassed from one corner of the net to another for your lack of moral constitution. They are a sacred deathmatch in which two people, ostensibly on good terms, attempt to ruin one another's lives by inflicting the worst possible examples of japanese media upon one another that they can.

Usually that means making someone watch KEY anime.

They are the ritual, human sacrifices of this our Aztec Empire. When, hundreds of years from now, our civilization has been laid to waste historians will point to watchbets as the justification for our extermination.

Trust no one who invites you to one, young junior. Shun every single opportunity you are afforded to accept one. Invent excuses. Lie. Tell them it is against your religion. Borrow money from strangers to defend yourself, start a kickstarter to get help keeping you watchbet free. Seek help from fire fighters, policemen, community leaders and gambling addiction experts to prevent you from ever developing a watchbet problem.

And God help you if you do.

GOD.
HELP.
YOU.
IF.
YOU.
DO.

I loves ya Corvy. I would never foist a terrible show upon you in a watchbet.

Mr.Jeff

I offered to watchbet you something good like Mushishi and was ignored!
It balanced out I guess since I got Theonik watching it instead.

Tenumi

Banned

Crunchyroll has it but it seems so strange that nobody licensed it for DVD/Blu-ray. There are so many shows that I've seen get releases that I know this would outsell them. For shame, though, nobody wants the money (Or the Japanese companies don't want it licensed for some reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom