• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Bullshit. The first episode rocks. I fought all the haters then, and I'll fight all the haters now. While walking in a circle around all of you!

One day I'll find out if you're right, but that first episode absolutely killed any desire of mine to ever find out

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Duckroll also likes Kara no Kyoukai. There's nothing he enjoys more than Type-Moon talking heads.

It's kind of sad really, he's too brain addled to recognize his own affliction.

Moaradin

Episode 1 did it's job of setting up everything and getting most of the exposition out of the way early. Didn't have a problem with it.

sn00zer

Jeezus fuck Fate/Zero is gross....its pretty light and actually a bit fun, but the child crucifying is a bit much to say the least

Syrinx

Working'!! 8

Soma goes through great efforts to prevent brother and sister from reuniting. For no real reason. Mostly because he's a giant dick. Also because he likes having Yamada around more than he lets on. But mostly the dick part.

Erigu

[Monogatari Series]
There will probably still be more short short stories and the like, but as far as actual novels go, that might well be it indeed.
qe8ylDY.jpg

Welp.

Monogatari Series, Next Season
Tsugimonogatari

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Jeezus fuck Fate/Zero is gross....its pretty light and actually a bit fun, but the child crucifying is a bit much to say the least

There's a good reason why the writer is nicknamed Urobutcher

Going by the shit I briefly read about Fate/Stay Night, he was just being consistent with Nasu. :|

Nah, this is just Urobutcher being urobutcher. His previous work is also as insane as this one. *CoughSayanoUtacough*

[Monogatari Series]

http://i.imgur.com/qe8ylDY.jpg[IMG]

Welp.

[SPOILER][I]Monogatari[/I] Series, Next Season
[I]Tsugimonogatari[/I][/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

It never end!

duckroll

Duckroll also likes Kara no Kyoukai. There's nothing he enjoys more than Type-Moon talking heads.

I don't understand the need for slander here. It's so childish!

Rhapsody

Banned
All caught up with Glasslip. I was hoping it'd pick up, but I dunno. There was at least some charm to be found.

But I dunno, I found Hanasaku Iroha to be more interesting.

Cwarrior

Really? Maybe for Thriller Bark, but nothing after that. It certainly doesn't seem like the quality has been nearly as good since then

Every arc after is better animated then enis lobby.the reason why is thanks to addition new great animators and older ones improving greatly by expermenting and discovering new styles.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122928220&postcount=69

Here's the most recent arc Punk Hazard sakuga video it looks far from inferno cop level budget.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Because AotY lists are always being posted as GAF's go to resource for anime recommendations we should take it very seriously this year unlike most of the joke votes conducted in the previous years.

So do the right thing and remember to vote for Momo Kyun Sword.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You can't vote if you don't have an "anime" avatar. That'll show 'em!

We had a massive debate about voting last year and there was no agreement. Maybe this year we can have it again since one side will not be able to keep accusing the other side of being "anti AoT" and trying to prevent a winner since there isn't an equivalent this year.

But like I said, there was no agreement last year, so likely there will be no agreement this year and we'll just end up copying the gaming side rules again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know ping pong and sabagebu will be near top for me.

Will we vote for OPs and EDs as well?

Multiple categories was shot down. Some people even got upset that we separated episodic shows from one offs. Nothing stopping you conducting a separate vote for best OP and ED of the year though.

But like I said, there was no agreement last year, so likely there will be no agreement this year and we'll just end up copying the gaming side rules again.

I think the best decision last year was to split the movie and the show vote and requiring that people do a short little write up for each of their votes. Hoping that carries over for the 2014 list as I sincerely enjoyed reading everyone's impressions when all was said and done.

I'm looking forward to it though, at this point I think I only have 4 shows that I'd put on the list (Ping Pong, Mushishi, Space Dandy, Nozaki-Kun) out of the 6 or 7 that I've actually completed. Looking forward to seeing how the latter half of Mushishi S2 develops as well as Log Horizon and Chaika S2. I feel like Fall is going to be a heavy hitter for filling out the remainder of my list.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So status update on Deadman Wonderland...wow does it gt bad...HEY HERE'S THIS COOL SORTA UNIQUE ENVIRONMENT....now that youve got a taste lets spend literally the rest of the show in the basement

Deadman Wonderland was vastly more palatable when watched with the Toonami GAF group.

Multiple categories was shot down. Some people even got upset that we separated episodic shows from one offs. Nothing stopping you conducting a separate vote for best OP and ED of the year though.

I thought the rules for last year was fine including the separating of episodic and movies/one offs.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah I have no idea how you guys did it before but I liked the way it was done last year. Having people write why they liked the show was cool.

cajunator

Banned

Yeah it was pretty disgusting and definitely horrible but gave a lot of gravity to the show. You realized pretty quickly this was a deadly serious game.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Way too early to be having serious considerations for AOTY, not with the massive Fall season has yet to be upon us.

*hugs you
Sometimes a hug is needed.
Still playing danganronpa2 , i hope nobody makes an anime of this one because the game is so awesome ( even more than the first ) that i cannot bear to see it reduced to nothing by an horrible anime adaptation like the first.

As for dogdays , i'm ...still in despair.

One Piece used to be a good anime before the terrible pacing kicked in.
Pacing is one part of the tragedy. the other part is the horrible fillers as individual episodes. Better than naruto fillers but that's not saying much.

Some time ago I posted about the huge corrections Wizard Barristers ep6 got on BD, but ep5 had a ton of corrections too. For an episode without any actual action, they seem to have put just as much effort into fixing it up as much as possible. I guess that 3 month delay was worth it?

Completely redrawn mob characters:

Completely redrawn side character and background:

Completely reanimated scene:
TV - http://webmup.com/Kx4ob/vid.webm
BD - http://webmup.com/roOHy/vid.webm

Completely reanimated dance at the end:
TV - http://webmup.com/Uk91b/vid.webm
BD - http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/be0acef4571e1d144143dbf812ffc2e4.webm

There are a gazillion corrections throughout the episode too, but those are probably the most interesting ones. The dance correction at the end is probably the single most impressive change so far in terms of overall quality and effort.
Seems great. Never saw it but i guess i'll wait for the corrections to be done to watch it once and for all.

Watching the first ep....is this R rated Harry Potter?

Is harry potter the benchmark of anything that involves magic ?

I'm saying it for much more often these days , as if a entire generation of people discovered that magic exist in fantasy stories trought this franchise.

Could it be that .... i'm getting old ???

I'd like to spend all ten of my votes on Sakura Trick.

Are you SdBurton ?

Clov

The fifth movie is great! Say what you want about the rest, but I won't back down from that one.

Going by the shit I briefly read about Fate/Stay Night, he was just being consistent with Nasu. :|

He definitely is. I can't remember which route it was in, but I definitely remember that (FSN/FZ spoilers)
Kotomine was somehow using these barely alive orphans to give energy to Gilgamesh. Which is weird, since after F/Z he wouldn't need that at all.

As for AOTY candidates, it's still Ping-Pong for me. I'd put Mushishi in second and Space Dandy in third, personally.

fertygo

The fifth movie is great! Say what you want about the rest, but I won't back down from that one.

He definitely is. I can't remember which route it was in, but I definitely remember that (FSN/FZ spoilers)
Kotomine was somehow using these barely alive orphans to give energy to Gilgamesh. Which is weird, since after F/Z he wouldn't need that at all.

As for AOTY candidates, it's still Ping-Pong for me. I'd put Mushishi in second and Space Dandy in third, personally.
Nah, Gil still need it.. like Shirou need Mana to maintain Saber. Gil need mana for his power usage. Dude won't suddenly not needing MP to spam skillz

Articalys

Need to ask a quick question again

How many people here know Japanese and are reading far ahead in light novel series, both those that have been/are being adapted to anime, and those that aren't?

Clov

Nah, Gil still need it.. like Shirou need Mana to maintain Saber. Gil need mana for his power usage.

Actually, that's true; he can maintain a physical body without it since he was able to be incarnated, but I guess he still would need mana for his sheer power output.

Defuser

The guranteed in the top 10 list for this year nominated by many posters that is not part of animegaf would be Aldnoah Zero, Jojo, Space Dandy and Sailor Moon because that what they were exposed to.

Animegaf would probably nominate Gekkan Shoujou Nozaki-kun, No game no life, Tonari no Seki-kun and Ping Pong.

The jokers would nominate SAO II, Onii-sama, Black Bullet and Nisekoi.

I don't care that much as long as Noragami and Sabagebu! makes it into the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom