• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

This reminds me of a friend telling me that eating stuff which has fallen on the floor is good for building up the body's defenses against germs and makes him a stronger person or something.

I think you're overestimating how sensitive kids are to war. To a lot of kids my age (10-11) when 9/11 happened, it was just something "really bad" according to the news/our parents, and we got some days off out of it.

Al was an annoying little prick, but only in that way oblivious 11 year olds can be.

Perhaps. It just feels off-putting, is all. Seeing a kid pretty much ignore all that devastation in front of him after seeing it. I mean, we're not talking about something on TV here. He's literally at the scene of the destruction.

But to be fair, he DOES have a questioning look on his face when he gets a look at it when he's standing on top of the car before his friends pulled him down. Maybe if he stood there a bit longer, I don't know. Like I said, it just feels off.

sn00zer

So status update on Deadman Wonderland...wow does it gt bad...HEY HERE'S THIS COOL SORTA UNIQUE ENVIRONMENT....now that youve got a taste lets spend literally the rest of the show in the basement

Branduil

Sword Art Online II - 8

i6Q20hKfw8bND.jpg

This is the worst thing anyone has ever done.

That was a really unconvincing portrayal of top tier tournament players. I mean, dudes casually walking out in the open with snipers around? Setting up prone with no cover on any side?

Also, this show really doesn't understand the difference between scary and goofy.

duckroll

So status update on Deadman Wonderland...wow does it gt bad...HEY HERE'S THIS COOL SORTA UNIQUE ENVIRONMENT....now that youve got a taste lets spend literally the rest of the show in the basement

Lol. You were warned to stop watching it! It's really trashy and there's nothing particularly good about it outside but being an interesting premise which gets shat on. Go watch something like Fate/Zero on Netflix instead. Better use of your time, lol.

sn00zer

Lol. You were warned to stop watching it! It's really trashy and there's nothing particularly good about it outside but being an interesting premise which gets shat on. Go watch something like Fate/Zero on Netflix instead. Better use of your time, lol.

Watching the first ep....is this R rated Harry Potter?

Sword Art Online II - 8

That was a really unconvincing portrayal of top tier tournament players. I mean, dudes casually walking out in the open with snipers around? Setting up prone with no cover on any side?

Also, this show really doesn't understand the difference between scary and goofy.

That eva reference out of nowhere just makes me smh

I don't know if I can wait for the inevitable toonami hate watch to subside my bile fascination with SAO II

duckroll

The first episode does not represent the quality of the series as a whole. In fact, it is probably the weakest episode.

Bullshit. The first episode rocks. I fought all the haters then, and I'll fight all the haters now. While walking in a circle around all of you!

sn00zer

Is there any news of a One Pucnh Man anime? Iget the feeling the dub for that wouldbe hilarious. Too bad Ben Stein isnt 40 years younger.

Space Dandy S2 E11

This felt like an episode of Rick and Morty in the sense of how many science topics were being discussed and represented in a silly animated comedy. Dandy once again continues to be clay that every director and writer has their fun with, and the multiple faces and depths to his character continue to be amazing. It's a shame that we didn't get more serious Dandy episodes throughout the whole series because they are by far my favorite. The relationship and interactions between Dandy and Katherine were reminiscent of something to Spike and Julia in Bebop. The music, the serious discussions, the hidden passion, it was brilliant. Definitely not an episode that stood out in ridiculousness, but in its tone and music.

jgminto

I haven't watched Iron Giant in so long.

Sword Art Online II - 8

Free! also used the elevator scene in the same week.

Wat..... Its literally the only manga Ive ever read.... loved the concept and the main character, would make a grat anime.

The appeal of One Punch Man largely lies in Murata's lush, detailed art, qualities which could not survive the transition to anime where detail needs to be sacrificed for motion's sake.

Clov

Bullshit. The first episode rocks. I fought all the haters then, and I'll fight all the haters now. While walking in a circle around all of you!

I'm going to side with Duckroll here. It's a whole lot of talking and exposition, but I loved it! That summoning scene at the end was especially great; it got me all excited to watch the next episode. It did its job well, I thought.

SAO 2 Ep 11

In this episode, Sinon can't seem to keep her hands and body off Kirito, he uses a really obvious excuse to stare directly at her ass, and the gang continues to circle jerk over Kirito being so awesome for not asking for the help of his loved ones with a deadly matter. Because apparently that's not the same choice most would do.

Branduil

I'm going to side with Duckroll here. It's a whole lot of talking and exposition, but I loved it! That summoning scene at the end was especially great; it got me all excited to watch the next episode. It did its job well, I thought.

I feel pretty vindicated by the fact that Urobuchi keeps using the same terrible introductory exposition in every series he does now. If only he had learned his lesson then...

PK Gaming

This reminds me of a friend telling me that eating stuff which has fallen on the floor is good for building up the body's defenses against germs and makes him a stronger person or something.

My friend used to do this elementary school

Dude was constantly getting sick

Onii-sama 24

Lol only onii-sama can
disintegrate bullets in his hand, then proceed to fight various opponents with weapons with his hand as a sword, which proceeds to cuts them like butter as the blood splatters everywhere
. This show is the reason freedom exists.

TUSR

Banned
Onii-sama 24

Lol only onii-sama can
disintegrate bullets in his hand, then proceed to fight various opponents with weapons with his hand as a sword, which proceeds to cuts them like butter as the blood splatters everywhere

AOTY

I hope it gets a second season, the LNs are selling well enough.

cajunator

Banned
quite the ntr fest indeed. the twists are ... whatever right now. and everyone in this show is stupid or a masochist.

Yeah Golden Time really is a show for masochists.

Some time ago I posted about the huge corrections Wizard Barristers ep6 got on BD, but ep5 had a ton of corrections too. For an episode without any actual action, they seem to have put just as much effort into fixing it up as much as possible. I guess that 3 month delay was worth it?

Completely redrawn mob characters:

Completely redrawn side character and background:

Completely reanimated scene:
TV - http://webmup.com/Kx4ob/vid.webm
BD - http://webmup.com/roOHy/vid.webm

Completely reanimated dance at the end:
TV - http://webmup.com/Uk91b/vid.webm
BD - http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/be0acef4571e1d144143dbf812ffc2e4.webm

There are a gazillion corrections throughout the episode too, but those are probably the most interesting ones. The dance correction at the end is probably the single most impressive change so far in terms of overall quality and effort.

That is quite a shaftian amount of changed for the BD. I dont think a lot of shows get changed that drastically.

I think you're overestimating how sensitive kids are to war. To a lot of kids my age (10-11) when 9/11 happened, it was just something "really bad" according to the news/our parents, and we got some days off out of it.

Al was an annoying little prick, but only in that way oblivious 11 year olds can be.

It really bothers me when I see those photoshops of 9/11 as if it were a joke. I remember that day so vividly and how horrible it was and how helpless I felt 2 thousand miles from it. It makes me really sad to think about how it has become a punchline to people too young to understand what it was like.

Bad anime just made me stronger, a better viewer. This is why I'll make my children watch Infinite Stratos too.

Make them watch Stratos 4 instead!

My friend used to do this elementary school

Dude was constantly getting sick

There are certain things you can eat off the ground that are slower to pick up bacteria. Things like cookies, chips, crackers...Foods containing a lot of salt, sugar, and a dry composition are the safest to eat off the ground.

Branduil

Record of Lodoss War 5

A mixture of Deedlit faces and old dudes being badass, especially King Cashew, whom Parn can't keep his eyes off of despite Deedlit's best efforts.

Quite a lot going on in this episode, but it handles it fairly well and never really feels rushed.

JoeFu

Banned
I thought the CG in fate/zero was fine. Probably couldn't see how bad it was as I used my phone to watch the whatever res crunchyroll streams at on mobile.

Barakamon 10

Jesus fucking christ. This show is making it really hard to choose an AOTS. I mean, I know Space Dandy will win for me, but god damn this show. It's just masterful. Sensei and the two girls were all adorable. The gang hanging out together. His innocent eyes getting excited over even eating cotton candy. Images tell a thousand words. I'm going to be heartbroken if
Sensei actually left without saying goodbye to Naru and the other regular cast members. I really hope it's a misunderstanding and that he's going there to express his wish to stay in the island

I already know I'm gonna have to read the manga after this. Just an amazing show. If Space Dandy wasn't airing such a strong second season, it wouldn't even be a choice. Barakamon would win hands down.

jbug617

Banned
Onii-sama 24

Lol only onii-sama can

Onii-sama is awesome. For a OP character he is very humble.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Nice.

Is there any news of a One Pucnh Man anime? Iget the feeling the dub for that wouldbe hilarious. Too bad Ben Stein isnt 40 years younger.

No One Punch Man Anime news yet. I doubt any studio can ever take the challenge. Well, maybe they can do it if it's 2 episode per year.

Btw there's the fanmade opening for it. IT'S GLORIOUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xihiVQwHftU

Theonik

You may watch Strike Witches to redeem yourselves.

Completely redrawn side character and background:
Actually the BG is untouched, they only changed the objects on the foreground layer.

The Iron Giant

Why in the fuck did I wait fifteen years to watch this??
Don't know. I could have told you to watch it earlier!

Sounds like I'm missing out?
Yes.

He's right. Probably.

Nozaki-kun 11

First half:
Pretty great. I know that not everyone here like Sakura and Nozaki and consider them the most boring 'couple' in the show, but their dynamic entertains me more than enough. It was great.

Second half:
The sleep-over was hilarious.I'm sure DTL was pleased

Syrinx

Working'!! 7

Yamada's brother (assuming he is) is a bit odd, but ten thousand miles better than Takanashi. Go for it, Inami.

Animal outfits at the end courtesy of Takanashi's drunken sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom