• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Another acceptable choice is Majimoji Rurumo.

Which will be added to the pre approved selection of choices you can pick from for your AotY vote.

imNBHRAsRtxbp.gif

It doesn't have Mobile Suit Gundam in the title. What the....

I don't think Aldnoah will even place top 3. Hopefully it won't place at all!

Thats okay, I'll create 2000 new GAF accounts and vote for it 2000 times. It will place AOTY for this year and the next!

The usernames will be all AZ character names with numbers.

rrvv

nwky1mnl.png

more like SUPER ADORABLE

Hanamaru Kindergarden 01-03

I didnt realize majority of Kindergarten is Female. whcih if I think about it. it make sense.

pretty run-in-mill moe anime. Hii-chan clearly the best one. somehow remind me to Acchi Kochi youchien short

Pooya

Amagi Brilliant Park is a serious contender for several prestigious awards like:

Best produced generic harem anime of the year.
Best Kyoani AOTY.
Worst Kyoani AOTY.
Worst waste of talent of year.

Jex

It's the middle of September

Why are we even talking about yearly votes now

We're in the doldrums between seasons. The only things to talk about are awful watchbets and assorted rubbish!

Also, you know what they say about nerds and lists...

Jex

Should keep it a celebration of the positive over the negative, I think.
As you say, there's no real need to do that in a AOTY thread. I mean, most people don't need to be told that lots of anime sucks. That's just general knowledge and there's no point in covering in such a thread when we already critique anime all year round.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I'm putting together our select panel of judges who will use their expertise of anime to narrow down our list of nominations for AotY.

So far the list consists of me, my father, Brian Ashcraft, Paul “Otaking” Johnson, Zac Bertschy and Alex Salmond (because Scotland loves anime).

As you say, there's no real need to do that in a AOTY thread. I mean, most people don't need to be told that lots of anime sucks. That's just general knowledge and there's no point in covering in such a thread when we already critique anime all year round.

And then everybody would watch all the bad anime listed as well just to see how bad it is.

Jex

Amagi Brilliant Park is a serious contender for several prestigious awards like:

Best produced generic harem anime of the year.
Best Kyoani AOTY.
Worst Kyoani AOTY.
Worst waste of talent of year.

I want to believe that KyoAni will turn their efforts to creating or adapting something good in the near future, I've just given up on the idea that it will be anytime soon. They've basically become the studio that makes something good once every few years, but I guess that simply makes them the same as every other studio out there. I suppose it's just that I, and others, get more upset at KyoAni because they've clearly got more talent and skill then other studios which is being squandered.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since Locodol is favourite to win AotY, what is the likely winner for OVA/Movie of the year. Personally I've only seen The Wind Rises this year so I guess I have to vote for that as my number one by default. Well there is also the YuruYuri OVA coming later this year so I guess I'll have at least two choices.

zulux21

I want to believe that KyoAni will turn their efforts to creating or adapting something good in the near future, I've just given up on the idea that it will be anytime soon. They've basically become the studio that makes something good once every few years, but I guess that simply makes them the same as every other studio out there. I suppose it's just that I, and others, get more upset at KyoAni because they've clearly got more talent and skill then other studios which is being squandered.

they need to stop working on other projects... and just work on a new FMP anime already :/
or if Kadokawa is the hold up stop their projects and send their crew to beat the heads of Kadokawa with sticks until they agree to let them make another season of FMP >.>;

Ghost in the Shell: SAC Ep. 10

Another story that makes me aware of how hampered the stand alone episodes are by the runtime. ~23 minutes just isn't enough for things to be developed and concluded in a satisfying manner, at least for the style of storytelling employed by this show.

So I'm putting together our select panel of judges who will use their expertise of anime to narrow down our list of nominations for AotY.

So far the list consists of me, my father, Brian Ashcraft, Paul “Otaking” Johnson, Zac Bertschy and Alex Salmond (because Scotland loves anime).

Jexhius, Femmeworth, CorvoSol, Hitokage (RIP), Dresden, duckroll, Stumpokapow.

That's my dream team.

fertygo might get there after defeating Jexhius in mortal combat over Macross Plus.

Since Locodol is favourite to win AotY, what is the likely winner for OVA/Movie of the year. Personally I've only seen The Wind Rises this year so I guess I have to vote for that as my number one by default. Well there is also the YuruYuri OVA coming later this year so I guess I'll have at least two choices.

I didn't see any movies that came out this year. I'm always late on movies.
I didn't watch many OVA's this year either. The Noragami ones were pretty good though

I think a lot of people in here will nominate Space Dandy.

Space Dandy will win AOTY at this point.

You probably wouldn't be wrong. Ping Pong is probably another likely candidate for AOTY because Space Dandy's first half was a lot of ok and misses, but the second half has been absolutely brilliant almost like they wanted to separate it this way so it ended on a strong note. Personally my top three will probably end up being Space Dandy, Barakamon and maybe Fate Stay Night depending on how and what they adapt.

Branduil

I don't think that's actually going to happen. Barely anyone seems to be talking about it and even those that are have hardly labelled it as the second coming.

Captain Earth actually seems to be one of the worst BONES shows this year. At least 3 BONES shows will likely rank higher.

BluWacky

Captain Earth actually seems to be one of the worst BONES shows this year. At least 3 BONES shows will likely rank higher.

I wonder whether Noragami will be remembered by voting time?

Are they doing anything other than the second half of Chaika in October? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom