• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I thought we all agreed that GBF would win this year because it got robbed by Yamato 2199 in 2013?

Midonin

Soukou no Strain 05-07

The Reasoners are a lot more reasonable and likable than the basic cadets. That scene with Sara taking all that bullying was difficult to watch. It's at this point I realize exactly why A Little Princess may have resonated with Japanese cultural values so much. Now that the story has given Sara something of a circle of friends, I'm enjoying it a little more. I do have to highly question Lavinia's methods, though. She has massive yuri love going on, but tries to force Sara to fall in love with her by doing things that aren't that different from the bullying she was enduring before. You're not helping.

Need to ask a quick question again

How many people here know Japanese and are reading far ahead in light novel series, both those that have been/are being adapted to anime, and those that aren't?

i am but only for specific shows that i can't wait for them to be translated.
highschool dxd , no game no life, campione
Even then i often read the fantranslations because there are often some parts where i'm very confused about it.
Usually i often wait for other people to translate the others show i follow ( mahouka , index , mushoku tensei , sword art online , accel world , oda nobuna and the list goes on ) because finding the japanese raws is a pain sometimes.

Jex

I thought we all agreed that GBF would win this year because it got robbed by Yamato 2199 in 2013?

It will certainly do well, I imagine, although at this point Space Dandy seems like it has a guaranteed place at number 1 based on exposure alone but, as always, it's too early to talk about this kind of thing. Yamato 2199 literally came out of nowhere last year to sweep into first place, after all.

Parasyte is still this year. Tokyo Ghoul let me down but I still have faith.

I'm still adamant that we need a minimum though, otherwise it becomes most mainstream anime of the year.

NeoGAF hiphop album of the year said:
A minimum of 7 albums and songs are required. No exceptions. The distribution of points will not change if less than 10 albums/songs are chosen. If you have 6 albums in your ballot, it will not count.

Branduil

Space Dandy has a lot going for it right now. It will get votes from Toonami viewers who have never voted before, as well as a lot of monocle votes.

zulux21

Anyone who votes for no game no life is getting put on my ignore list

If you guys give significant votes to NGNL, I'm disowning the entire community!

ooh I am finally going to get on someone's ignore list :p
and I may be part of a reason someone disowns a community

either way at this time No Game No Life is my AOTY, the fall season will perhaps change that though.

as for AOTS Nozaki-kun has a small lead over Akami ga kill right now with Terror and Aldnoah fighting it out for biggest disappointments of the season ><
I think Terror is going to win that one for me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So to avoid the problem with different names for the same show that made counting votes a pain in the nether regions last year, I suggest only Japanese names are counted. Thus Space Dandy is an invalid vote, Sup&#275;su &#9734; Dandi is a valid vote.

So to avoid the problem with different names for the same show that made counting votes a pain in the nether regions last year, I suggest only Japanese names are counted. Thus Space Dandy is an invalid vote, Sup&#275;su &#9734; Dandi is a valid vote.

Greetings, MAL.

It's the middle of September

Why are we even talking about yearly votes now

Never too early to start making lists and rankings.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Here's my (rough) rankings so far.
  1. Space Dandy
  2. Mushi-shi Zoku Shou
  3. Pupipo!
  4. Terror in Resonance
  5. One Week Friends
  6. Tonari no Seki-kun
  7. Engaged to the Unidentified
  8. Sakura Trick

I want to fill out the last two spots with something, but other show's I've watched this year (Captain Earth and Pupa) don't belong up there. Maybe I'd throw Captain Earth at the bottom in a pinch/whim, but otherwise I hope to get a a couple better shows than that tacked on.

Haven't seen any movies/OVAs other than the Mushi-shi OVA.

Engaged to the Unidentified 01

Kobeni just turned 16 and already got an arranged marriage waiting, eh?

And both the fiancé and his little sister moves in as well. Doesn't help that Kobeni's older sister seems to be a pervert who likes younger girls either :p

Engaged to the Unidentified 02

Aliens everywhere!

Poor fiancé Hakuya never gets to finish his stick building and big sister Benio is good at everything. And we learn that Kobeni was involved in some kind of accident in the past.

Engaged to the Unidentified 03

Creepy.

There's a bunch of boob jokes, Kobeni and Hakuya goes shopping and then Kobeni finds out what happened in the past.

Engaged to the Unidentified 04

Actually more of a love drama this episode.

Kobeni gets sick and then there's lots of talk about dogs. Aha, I see... Everything makes sense now...

Awww yeah. This was a good show, although Kobeni and Hakuya are total sticks in the mud and totally outshined by the rest of the cast. It also feels like it really goes nowhere when it really should go somewhere. I'd watch a second season though.

Mushishi 1-13

GAF I have a problem.

well let's thanks about the show first. obvious comparison will be with Kino Journey. basically both of them exploring "the world" while try to find interesting person/place that reflect with IRL issue.

Kino dealing with world idea/philosophy while Mushishi deal with human personality and emotion.

on plus side. Mushishi is beautiful series full different people and thing. there is nothing glaringly bad about the direction

Yet I cannot get my self excited when I am watching this anime. I really enjoy Kino Journey since it explore many interesting idea that seem good in first place but at same time harsh reality of the idea. While Mushishi idea seem explore stuff that already been explore by other anime like "moving on" and "sacrifice one for benefit of many". Eventhought Mushishi usually handle it better than other anime. It didn't really offer anything new to the theme. Also while Kino story can sometimes have interesting twist. Mushishi story is largely predictable which make it less interesting for me.

I dont know. Did I watch it i wrong way or Mushishi simply is not my taste.
or I am simply horrible human being

I will certainly finished it. thought I hold it for now

I haven't seen Kino's Journey, but to me Mushi-shi was like a more tranquil, nature-focused Dr. Who, actually. It might not be your taste, and that's fine. I find Mushi-shi to be enjoyable but it's a slower, calmer, chilled-out ride.

Some time ago I posted about the huge corrections Wizard Barristers ep6 got on BD, but ep5 had a ton of corrections too. For an episode without any actual action, they seem to have put just as much effort into fixing it up as much as possible. I guess that 3 month delay was worth it?

Completely redrawn mob characters:

Completely redrawn side character and background:

Completely reanimated scene:
TV - http://webmup.com/Kx4ob/vid.webm
BD - http://webmup.com/roOHy/vid.webm

Completely reanimated dance at the end:
TV - http://webmup.com/Uk91b/vid.webm
BD - http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/be0acef4571e1d144143dbf812ffc2e4.webm

There are a gazillion corrections throughout the episode too, but those are probably the most interesting ones. The dance correction at the end is probably the single most impressive change so far in terms of overall quality and effort.

Jesus, that's some serious reworking.

How to kill an animeGAFfer:

1. Tell them they don't want to die.

Ha! Jokes on you I'm already dead!

Bad anime just made me stronger, a better viewer. This is why I'll make my children watch Infinite Stratos too.

...I'm almost assuredly going to watch the third season when it inevitably arrives...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's the middle of September

Why are we even talking about yearly votes now
That means I only have three and a bit months to get everyone to watch Momo Kyun Sword which was the original intention of my first post.

Watch Momo Kyun Sword.

Free! Eternal Summer Episode 12
BxwAAomIgAAlA-6.png
BxwB0nyIcAAyHvr.png

Best Free! episode of both seasons, was just what I expected and even more.
and Rin helping to pull Haru up from where he was and all those exclamations of love and everything it was perfect

Lori and Russel are great too and all their lines to make Rin have so many expressions and admitting things.

Also seemed like tones of great moments they gave for people to make fanbooks of, like the hotel bedsharing moment.

zulux21

NGNL will be in my Top 3 this year.
Thought the anime was great and i love the LNs

I still need to sit down and read the LNs but I keep getting distracted and reading other stuff ><;
first by ranma 1/2
then by Sankarea
then by lovely complex
then by hajime no ippo
then by baby steps
and finally by Shokugeki no Souma @_@

Anyone who votes for no game no life is getting put on my ignore list

If you guys give significant votes to NGNL, I'm disowning the entire community!

Since when did NGNL get a following here!? The show with the bro and sis playing videogames and filled with fanservice.

lol robbed.

Yamato deserved every single vote.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Can we also have a category for worst show of the year, or would that be frowned upon? I think it would be interesting to see what people see as what was especially egregious this year and why, but I could see that getting too mean spirited possibly.

Dresden

Can we also have a category for worst show of the year, or would that be frowned upon? I think it would be interesting to see what people see as what was especially egregious this year and why, but I could see that getting too mean spirited possibly.

Should keep it a celebration of the positive over the negative, I think.

jman2050

NGNL was very enjoyable but I don't think it's AOTY material.

My immediate pick right now is Nozaki-kun but I have a list of shows from previous seasons to marathon, Space Dandy being the most prominent of those.

As long as Madoka Rebellion rightly wins MOTY I'll be okay with whatever result!

I dunno, rankings look rough for me.

#1. Ping Pong
#2. Space Dandy
#3. Gundam Build Fighters*
#4. Samurai Flamenco*
#5. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
#6. Barakamon
#7. Log Horizon*

That's about all I've figured out. Obviously by fall this will have switched around a bit, or a lot.
And the starred ones are a bit tricky because they started last year, but finished this year. I'd still say that if you only took their second halves they were still enjoyable and didn't shit the bed or anything
I LOVE YOU SAMFLAM
Also I dunno where to put PuPiPo, if there's a shorts category I guess it'll be #1 there.

And as for JoJo it's technically not over but eh whatever. I'll find a spot on the list somewhere for it. I already know what happens anyway and have faith in DP by now.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm going to have to look at a giant list of what aired over the year. There were some I enjoyed, but I don't know about AOTY candidates.

Plus I guess there's more to come out this year.

Tenumi

Banned
I barely have any recollection of the shows that I watched early this year, let alone which ones actually aired this year.

Either I watch too much, or my memory is failing quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom