• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

chaika - 11

I laughed.

QBh4uE5l.jpg

Chaika designs have always been bad, but Squirtle takes it a little too far.

chaika - 11

I laughed.

Chaika designs have always been bad, but Squirtle takes it a little too far.

Worst design I've seen through 9 episodes of Chaika has been the dragoon design. It's such a visual mess and you can tell the animators hate their life when they have to try and animate it.

You guys seem to be forgetting that one girl in the crew who is chasing the leads. The one with the awkward battle planties. Like she can't genuinely think it's ok to walk around in those.

Narag

Most amusing part of the Chaika designs was seeing her given that poncho she wore everywhere. Felt like the animators got tired of her dress.

Mokoi

Banned
Nothing I've watched from this year is deserving of any type of reward.

This is quite true indeed. Pretty much everything that has been aired so far has been absolutely terrible. I mean Ping Pong was such a sub par show, and certainly won't make my list just like the rest.

Articalys

Seiken Tsukai no World Break is set for January 2015.

http://warubure-anime.com/
http://moca-news.net/article/20140918/201409181318a/01/

Director: Takayuki Inagaki
Series Composition: Hiroshi Yamaguchi
Animation Production: Diomedéa

Cast includes Kaito Ishikawa, Ayana Taketatsu, and Aoi Yuuki. Yui Ogura and Maaya Uchida were also on the drama CD cast alongside those three.
The "campus sword & sorcery" story is set in a private high school that brings together "saviors," youths with awakened memories from past lives. Some of them are Shirogane who fight enemies with weapons and techniques gleaned from the Prana powers from their own bodies. Others are Kuroma who wipe out enemies, with magic to manipulate the Mana powers that surpass physics. A boy named Moroha Haimura enrolls in this school. He is the first person in history with past lives of both Shirogane and Kuroma.

Strike Witches S2 - 3

All right, first big problem I have with this sequel.

In Nanoha's second season, they upgraded her after a dangerous new threat came along.

In Strike Witches' second season, they decided to downgrade Miyafuji back to level one after the same threat came along again.

I mean, I didn't expect a lot from this sequel in the first place, but come on.

Pooya

God Eater anime?!! I was expecting it to happen year last but gave up after nothing happened. coooool that one ova was.

Articalys

I felt the sarcasm dripping from this post and went back a page.

Guh. Sorry Arti. I never come in here anymore so I didn't see it. ;_;
S'alright. The more people that see the character, the better.

I still can't believe how god damn good the animation is in Xrd. Pretty much the pinnacle of the 2D look with 3D models.

Branduil

Chaika the Coffin Princess 10

Really sick of all young blonde nobles in fantasy fiction being depicted as sadistic psychopaths.

Akari is trying to kill Tooru. How is that different from normal, exactly?

Pooya

Not sure if this is a good thing or not. I somewhat liked the game but the story wasn't exactly stellar from what I played.

some of the manga actually wasn't terrible, no idea what they will animate here though. If it's just the game story, meh. Specially 2nd game's story felt extra under cooked. I like the setting still.

Theonik

"Unlimited Tomino Works" isn't bad either.
I hope Strike Witches S3 comes out on the same season as UBW S2 so I can make the OP 'Unliited Butt Works'.

Strike Witches S2 - 3

All right, first big problem I have with this sequel.

In Nanoha's second season, they upgraded her after a dangerous new threat came along.

In Strike Witches' second season, they decided to downgrade Miyafuji back to level one after the same threat came along again.

I mean, I didn't expect a lot from this sequel in the first place, but come on.
In Strike Witche's sense it's more that Miyafuji is TOO STRONG so she needs an upgrade.

Sword Art Online II - 9

Can they just expose Desu Gun as the creepy weirdo he's obviously going to be already?
No need. We already know who Desu Gun really is.

zulux21

Phil Spencer
‏@XboxP3
Playing Psycho-Pass without reading Japanese is tough but great use of Smartglass and Kinect.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/512443482934636544

I wonder will Psycho Pass get localized.

I only really see psycho pass getting localized if microsoft foots the bill, and given how they ditched supporting very japanese games after a few years with the xbox 360 it seems unlikely they will bother with the xbox one given it's a lost cause.

It's likely better odds that psycho pass will get an enhanced version for either the ps4 or vita and then maybe a company like aksys or xseed might take a crack at it as even outside of japan those types of games tend to sell better on sony products then microsoft products. (it's about the pool of people that would potentially play/buy them, given more games like that are released in general on sony products in japan, and most of them that come over are released on sony products because that is the only choice, obviously more people who like those products would own sony products) I mean I suppose there is a slight chance for a 3ds version, but I still figure even if there is a 3ds version there would still be a vita or ps4 version.

The last oddball chance I could see is someone like ghostlight managing to pick it up for a PC release on Steam... but that seems rather unlikely despite them finding decent success bringing japanese console games to the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom