• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
New Guilty Gear Xrd character is anime as fuck, you guys.

iDsZ2mIPn84tX.gif

Uraizen brought this to my attention before she was announced. He noticed her in the BG and wondered if she might end up playable. Happily, she is!

rrvv

Not sure if this is a good thing or not. I somewhat liked the game but the story wasn't exactly stellar from what I played.

Honestly I have bad feeling it will be start of their fall. just like kyoani after K-on

but I dont think it will be as bad... I hope

cajunator

Banned
One day I'll find out if you're right, but that first episode absolutely killed any desire of mine to ever find out

Episode one is just an elaborate setup of the story. The whole show isnt that drawn out.

Here's my (rough) rankings so far.
  1. Space Dandy
  2. Mushi-shi Zoku Shou
  3. Pupipo!
  4. Terror in Resonance
  5. One Week Friends
  6. Tonari no Seki-kun
  7. Engaged to the Unidentified
  8. Sakura Trick

I haven't seen Kino's Journey, but to me Mushi-shi was like a more tranquil, nature-focused Dr. Who, actually. It might not be your taste, and that's fine. I find Mushi-shi to be enjoyable but it's a slower, calmer, chilled-out ride.

Please watch it soon! Its very very good.
Your list is pretty solid too

Since when did NGNL get a following here!? The show with the bro and sis playing videogames and filled with fanservice.

lol robbed.

Yamato deserved every single vote.

NGNL definitely has a following here. It was really fun, with some cute characters, best girl Jibril, mofukichi, and a very unique color palette. Cant fault it for much.

Link Man

Banned
So, 4 episodes into Hayate, and I feel like I'm wasting my time. All the energy from the first episode has been drained, and the jokes are falling flat.

So instead, I will devote that time to watching Revolutionary Girl Utena.

cajunator

Banned
I don't think Aldnoah will even place top 3. Hopefully it won't place at all!

But the Princess is so moe~!

Hanamaru Kindergarden 01-03

I didnt realize majority of Kindergarten is Female. whcih if I think about it. it make sense.

pretty run-in-mill moe anime. Hii-chan clearly the best one. somehow remind me to Acchi Kochi youchien short

This show is so cute it could probably stop a world war. Probably.

Amagi Brilliant Park is a serious contender for several prestigious awards like:

Best produced generic harem anime of the year.
Best Kyoani AOTY.
Worst Kyoani AOTY.
Worst waste of talent of year.

I would fart in your general direction, but you have a SSY avatar and I respect that too much.

Well... watching SAO and Chaika at the same time, I can't disagree that fantasy anime was.

Well all things considering the best fantasy series to come out of Japan came from back in the days and it's only now seeing a movie series being made out of it.

Come on Berserk, waiting for that next set of films plz.

Link Man

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena 1

5 minutes in, and being assaulted with phallic imagery. Off to a good start.

I find it hard to believe, but that basketball scene had less animation than the ones in Hanamonogatari.

#RayRice

I will say that the set design is very distinctive and interesting. And a bit trippy. I'll enjoy this for the visuals, at least.

And ominous singing. Nice.

By the power of Grayskull, I AM HE-MAN!

Not much else to say, really. A nice introduction to the characters and world, I guess.

Hunter x Hunter 147

Hey guys, we don't have enough material to end this in a satisfying way, so let's say the same thing for 10 minutes and show a spiral staircase. What an ingenious idea!

Thoraxes

All I know is i'd have Space Dandy, Ping Pong, Jojo, Mushishi S2, Silver Spoon S2, Nisekoi, Kawaisou, and Kill la Kill (second half) on my list.

Maybe Zvezda for some of that animation in the second half and the weird meta commentary of the whole show lol
This show is so cute it could probably stop a world war. Probably.
It has one of my favorite anime OP songs of all time. Aozora Triangle is in my top 10 list.

cajunator

Banned
ImoCho is from this year.

In case you want to vote something as worst of the year.

Imolcho is so bad I would rather watch the second half of SAO.
LET THAT SINK IN FOR A MINUTE.

That post failed like the British Car industry.

So this is a thing.

At least name and shame.

I think SOS is better because it provides a source and name, but this is not bad.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ghost in the Shell: SAC Ep. 12

Whatever this episode was trying to do did not work. It starts off as one story and then awkwardly transitions into another about halfway through. Both stories had really amateurish writing, like the writer handed in the wrong draft of the script. Apparently it was outsourced to P.A. Works and directed by Masayuki Yoshihara (The Eccentric Family).

phaze

School Days 6
That music, that subtle foreshadowing. If this goes where I think it does then Katsura will do nothing wrong.

Makoto seems to have covered his bases by never being seen in public with Katsura. That sly son of a mum !

As for the next season pickings, UBW is a given. Just write out Ilya and Taiga please ! Don't know anything about Parasyte but everybody is raving about the source material so it should be good. I like the setting and artstyle of Akatsuki no Yona so I will at least check it out to see if the shoujo levels are bearable. Never seen any Gundam outside of 20 episodes of Wing so will give this new one a try too. Earlier I thought Laughing Under the Clouds seems promising but on closer look it appears to be something akin to Free, just in Meiji era.

Seiken Tsukai no World Break is set for January 2015.

http://warubure-anime.com/

http://moca-news.net/article/20140918/201409181318a/01/

Director: Takayuki Inagaki
Series Composition: Hiroshi Yamaguchi
Animation Production: Diomedéa

Cast includes Kaito Ishikawa, Ayana Taketatsu, and Aoi Yuuki. Yui Ogura and Maaya Uchida were also on the drama CD cast alongside those three.
ok , why not ? my interest is picked.

Arpeggio of blue steel first movie coming 2015 Jan 31
https://twitter.com/animeseiyu/status/512459460451643393

And yeah...World of warships X Arpeggio of blue steel announced
http://www.4gamer.net/games/138/G013889/20140918041/
Ei2M6a4.jpg

Z1GLuYM.jpg

More arpeggio is always good.
1387232947362.gif

Kancolle is waifu wars , but arpeggio is just more fun.
Ps: this gif is not speeded up.

Chaika the Coffin Princess 10

Really sick of all young blonde nobles in fantasy fiction being depicted as sadistic psychopaths.

Akari is trying to kill Tooru. How is that different from normal, exactly?
She wasn't tsundere about it, this time !!!!

Have you seen her cinematic Overdrive? Traps the opponent in a giant wedding cake and slices through everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8iDwKqqsk#t=653
And now that "cake" is mentionned, i finally understand her design !

Hunter x Hunter 147

Hey guys, we don't have enough material to end this in a satisfying way, so let's say the same thing for 10 minutes and show a spiral staircase. What an ingenious idea!

Makes you imagine what this adaptation could have been if this was an ongoing shonen series ... Thank of the wonderfull fillers and improved padding techniques they could have used...
She missed the train headed to BlazBlue and wound up in Guilty Gear by mistake.

I will never understand such claims.

Syrinx

Working'!! 13

Definitely one of the more enjoyable anime comedies for me, despite my issues with it, namely the relationship between Takanashi and Inami.

S3 is confirmed, right? When?

Midonin

The news of a new Milky Holmes anime excites me. Makoto Moriwaki is busy with PriPara, so it probably won't be quite the same, yet I'll watch it nonetheless.

Aikatsu! 100

100 episodes. That's a pretty big milestone for something to reach. And the event that it reaches is more than just that big number, there's also the fact that
Ichigo and Seira won the Twinkle Star Cup!
After all the ties, near-wins and missteps along the way, this is a good way to send our heroine out after her two-year tenure. Even Kaede, Yurika and Sakura got to have a few lines from the audience. Only the epilogue remains, and overall, I'm going to be leaving this season satisfied. The motif of S3, the first of the Akari years, looks to be fairy tales.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So tonight I was considering buying some anime since it could potentially be the last day I can purchase some in England what with Scotland being home to all the anime.

Articalys

The news of a new Milky Holmes anime excites me. Makoto Moriwaki is busy with PriPara, so it probably won't be quite the same, yet I'll watch it nonetheless.

Aikatsu! 100

100 episodes. That's a pretty big milestone for something to reach. And the event that it reaches is more than just that big number, there's also the fact that
Ichigo and Seira won the Twinkle Star Cup!
After all the ties, near-wins and missteps along the way, this is a good way to send our heroine out after her two-year tenure. Even Kaede, Yurika and Sakura got to have a few lines from the audience. Only the epilogue remains, and overall, I'm going to be leaving this season satisfied. The motif of S3, the first of the Akari years, looks to be fairy tales.
I know the third season was announced a while ago, but in terms of actually-aired episodes, Aikatsu is now finally officially a longer-running anime franchise than Space Brothers.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 1-24

This is one show that really took me by surprise as to how much I ended up liking it. Loved watching it even just for the banter between the main cast, especially Jotaro and Joseph. Not to mention the english reactions from Joseph :D.

This was a truly fun show to watch, and I can't wait for more!

Link Man

Banned
Just curious, but is the Absolute Destiny Apocalypse sequence going to be repeated every episode?

And I'm not sure what the significance of the stopwatch is, maybe it'll be explained later.

fertygo

Free! eternal summer - 12

Pretty sure this is what Gay's dating and parent introduction looks like, kyoani you clever bastard lol
Kinda wish, eh screw it.. Wish the thing not just merely subtext tho

I really enjoy this season despite the storytelling lacking any subtlety to propel it to make cohesive and good story.. Still much better than what first season trying to pull though, glad I stick with the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom