• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thought you'd guys would enjoy this post from the [thread=896636]What's the story behind your current avatar? thread[/thread].

I wonder if people are nicer to folks with Anime avatars. The big childlike feature seem are very "kawaii". Similar to how most people more apt to smile at little children's faces instinctually due to the same feature that most anime characters replicate--small faces, big features proportionally. etc.

If I was a troll, I'd choose an anime avatar to duck suspicion.

Just an observation.

Tenumi

Banned
It's comments from other threads on GAF in there as well, not just AnimeGAF.

Which kind of invalidates the account bio of:

Real quotes from http://NeoGAF.com 's anime community thread, reminding us that words are sinful things.

Thought you'd guys would enjoy this post from the [thread=896636]What's the story behind your current avatar? thread[/thread].

I almost feel like I can't change my avatar anymore, at least away from any MLP stuff because of reasons. I also have no problems with that.

Clov

Nope. The anime I've watched that aired this year has been average at best. Hell, most of the anime I've watched this year hasn't been good.

Well, now you know what you're doing wrong! :p

As I've already said, Mushishi is also very good. Space Dandy's second half for the most part has been great; much better than the very uneven first half.

I've always believed that there's always a gem or two each season, and there's always a handful of great anime by the end of each year. You just have to look for them, really.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Well, now you know what you're doing wrong! :p

As I've already said, Mushishi is also very good. Space Dandy's second half for the most part has been great; much better than the very uneven first half.

I've always believed that there's always a gem or two each season, and there's always a handful of great anime by the end of each year. You just have to look for them, really.
No I'd rather ignore all people recommending good shows and watch the dregs of anime and then complain that anime sucks

She's obsessed with her waifu and amasses a large collection of effigies of her. Sounds like a 30-year-old otaku to me.

Never looked at it like that........wow. I've always seen Hotaru's infatuation with Komari was due to the latter's innocence/cuteness. Those dolls did make it seem like an obsession though.

Since Barakamon is close to finishing I'm getting ready for Fall.

My most anticipated show is definitely Parasyte. I hope Madhouse does well with the adaptation. Also for some reason I ain't that hyped for FS/N UBW. Like I thought I would be but I ain't hmmm.

cajunator

Banned
I've barely watched anything from this year.

I'll likely abstain from voting again.

same. I just dont watch enough shows to justify voting.

Can we also have a category for worst show of the year, or would that be frowned upon? I think it would be interesting to see what people see as what was especially egregious this year and why, but I could see that getting too mean spirited possibly.

goddamned Imocho :(

jman2050

So I'm reading Fate H/A and I'm not even a quarter of the way through but this thing has more lavishly detailed descriptions of food and the cooking thereof than all of FSN combined. If you've played that game you can already figure that that is an incredible feat. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Either way I am left very hungry.

I think Shaft's cooking show might be the death of me.

Nafe

Initial thoughts on Narag's avatar:

Oh that's cute. Artemis dressed up like Char (or a Char type character anyway) from Gundam.

It took me a moment and then, wait a second...
Artemis...
Char...
"Chartemis". Haha.

---

HELP ME GAF

I don't know who's trolling and who's posting seriously anymore. LMAO

I've been seeing a few people remark similarly the past little while. Unfortunately I came to the same thoughts myself. That or people who don't read and feel they have to post anyway. Outside of communities I think I'll just have to use the Gaming Section for news posts and basically ignore the rest.

So this is a thing.

At least name and shame.

I like the Utena Shadow Girls as the banner there,haha.

It seems Jexhius is on twitter and has been for a while,haha. The way people were talking in here I thought he didn't have one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How, whose inner dilemna wouldnt be resolved after such a great night?
Bxw-9yeCYAA8o9I.jpg
lol

I find it funny though, pretty much every all girl anime ends with someone cuddling up against someone else in bed. Locodol just did it.

I guess even with the moe-ness of Free, they didn't have the balls to have them do the "platonic" cuddling in Free.

Narag

Initial thoughts on Narag's avatar:

Oh that's cute. Artemis dressed up like Char (or a Char type character anyway) from Gundam.

It took me a moment and then, wait a second...
Artemis...
Char...
"Chartemis". Haha.

I think the name pun sold me on it more than anything. Well more than anything other than the intense peer pressure applied to me on twitter to make it my avatar. help

jgminto

lol

I find it funny though, pretty much every all girl anime ends with someone cuddling up against someone else in bed. Locodol just did it.

I guess even with the moe-ness of Free, they didn't have the balls to have them do the "platonic" cuddling in Free.
Right? Nothing wrong with some casual dude cuddling. World would be a better place for it.

I wonder who is more alive, Miku or Letterman?

Link Man

Banned
I've been putting this off for no particular reason.

Hanayamata 11

Still incredibly cute, though this episode has a bit of an emotional punch to it. It almost reminds me of Clannad's storytelling, in a way.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
My current AOTY
1. Ping-Pong the Animation
2. Space Dandy
3. Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun
4. Barakamon

List might be updated when i finish my backlog and after the fall season.

So this is a thing.

At least name and shame.
LoL!
I'm not on the list yet :)

Nice! Embrace the virtual idol!

So I'm reading Fate H/A and I'm not even a quarter of the way through but this thing has more lavishly detailed descriptions of food and the cooking thereof than all of FSN combined. If you've played that game you can already figure that that is an incredible feat. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Either way I am left very hungry.

I think Shaft's cooking show might be the death of me.

Wew, glad i'm not the only one thinking of this. I've been waiting for cooking/gourmet anime for so long!

You overestimate the lack of effort I expend on things. Hopefully Femmeworth manages that Fall thread or, well, you've been warned.
Wait, am I really doing it? I'll give it a shot but I need to know when the thread has to go up. (Really a question for duckroll.)

I have very little skills in image editing so if someone wants to make a banner I'll use it. (Assuming I am in charge.)

Narag

Wait, am I really doing it? I'll give it a shot but I need to know when the thread has to go up. (Really a question for duckroll.)

I have very little skills in image editing so if someone wants to make a banner I'll use it. (Assuming I am in charge.)

Fall 2014 Anime |OT| In Tomino We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom