• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.
FutureCard Buddyfight Episode 37 (engDub)

Yes a TetsuYO episode full with his and a-dawgs super fly dance moves. Legend world is pretty cool deck type though I probably wouldnt want to use the three Gorgon sisters, so hopefully we get to see a few more cards. They looked like they were in pain so I imagine there may be more development for her character incoming.

TetsuYO needs more episodes.

cajunator

Banned
Butch does seem to get all the credit lately for some anime and he really wasnt the one pulling the strings. He did great work in Madoka and Fate Zero though so he has kind of become a household name to anime fans desiring a dark anime story.

Fairy Tail Series 2 Episode 25 – Drop of Time

Always wept reading this part of the manga and then animated the same thing. Dont know why it took the whole episode, but the letter scene, then the carriage scene made up for the early portions.
Gray-sama :( Ultear, Jellal :(

Narag

I checked the Wikipedia article, and it kind of amazes me on how Urobuchi actually kind of had nothing to do with the anime itself. I mean, the light novel and manga were his creation. Shouldn't he have been a supervisor or something? But in any case, you're right, this adaptation is being done by the Ufotable team.

But with regards to what you said about me constantly giving credit to Urobuchi, it's still a fact that he wrote the light novel and manga. I haven't read the source material, so I can't be sure exactly how faithful this adaptation is to it, but I'm genuinely enjoying it so far. My only gripe with it, as I said before, was a tiny thing in these last two-episodes. It's a tiny nitpick compared to how amazing everything else the Ufotable team did. Ufotable may have been the ones to animate and write them for the show, but the role of the characters, their backstories, and how they end up in the story we're still fundamentally written by Urobuchi first in the light novel and manga. So I think me giving a lot of credit to him is all right. Not that I'll ignore how well Ufotable did with this adaptation though! A lot of the present quality with regards to the characters just wouldn't exist without Urobuchi.

That and I'm just a big fan of his works. When Aldonoah Zero finishes, and I see everyone's final impressions, I'll make sure to give that a shot too.

IIRC they improved upon the product by pushing the Kiritsugu stuff until near the end. It creates this really enigmatic character that's so cold he'll do anything possible to win whereas I'm pretty sure the first book lined out his philosophy and motivation pretty clearly to start.

Midonin

Invaders 11

I wish Kiriha had noticed that Kyotaro is the boy she was with all those years ago. Still a really fun episode. Yurika is the unsung hero of the show, no, of the whole series, yet everyone got to play a part. I also see that Kabutogger now has another member, one who looks like Gattack but has the color scheme of Sasword. My friend KaGAmi, great to see you here. I'm going to miss this show, and I hope it gets another season or at least an OVA.

Magimoji Rurumo 11

Cute story, reminded me a bit of SoraOto's school festival musical performances, only with Mimorin getting to do her big number at the end credits instead of in the middle of the episode.

Sailor Moon Crystal 06

PGSM did this plot better, and it also did the Mamoru = Tuxedo Mask reveal better, but I'm still largely satisfied with what we got here. The secret base hidden in the arcade is pretty rad, and Moon Healing Escalation looked noticeably different from its incarnation in the 90s anime. It appears they cut out another instance of crossdressing from the manga. C'mon writers, you can let a few comedic bits back into the series, it's not going to hurt. Also surprised that we got to hear a few lines from Shizuka Itou's Venus this early.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 6:

Hey it is sometimes hard to be awake at 6:00 AM so I get to take a less real time approach this episode. Indeed, here is one of those points that at once looks like a set up that could have been any given episode of the 1990s TV series yet I can't specifically remember this playing out there. Of course a big reason for that is they are actually combing objectives in this series, which I appreciate.
I have to say watching this alongside the original series does make me understand how butchered the character of Usagi was in the beginning. Yea, she got somewhat better over the course of several seasons She has many of the same flaws but the manga/Crystal has done a much better job in showcasing her positive quality and they don't feel shoehorned or forced. Also, kudos for Crystal for asking some questions about Sailor V that admittedly probably should have been asked earlier, but nonetheless addressed. Also, Luna, you had a secret Sentai base and you didn't tell anybody? These again seems like something that should have been made known earlier. Let me see, I see we have ditched the last pretenses of secret identity for the moment. Well, got to have it one way or the other, Clark Cent or realism. Also, bravo Dark Kingdom for not sticking to a formula. This is one of the things that is really pissing me off about the Kunsite Arc in the original series. I understand why the MotW stuff is happening on a meta level but in series this is all really stupid. Anyway, this is how Queen Beryl chooses to unfurl herself before the Guardians. Though she can't die yet, that honor is reserved for Sailor V, who is actually around, doing Batman stuff.
Anyway, overall an alright episode the feels kind of week to the last couple of ones. Also, nice to see that TOEI has gotten a wrangle on things and everything looks consistent for the most part.

Fate/Zero - 20

448909.jpg

Don't lie to yourself, you thought of this during that scene too.

Also
Maiya :(

Fate/Zero - 21

Holy shit at that
murder scene. No soundtrack. Just Kariya lamenting to himself as stills of him strangling his childhood friend quickly flash by before we finally see her on the ground on her last breath being strangled to death. Kariya just killed Sakura's mother. A.K.A, the mother of the girl he's been trying to save this whole time. When/if he does end up saving her, she's gonna learn that both her dad and her mom are now dead, one of them being killed by the very man who saved her. Good Lord.

Butch does seem to get all the credit lately for some anime and he really wasnt the one pulling the strings. He did great work in Madoka and Fate Zero though so he has kind of become a household name to anime fans desiring a dark anime story.

For better or for worse, the English international fandom seems to love latching onto a couple names for about a year or two and just either praising everything about them or just bashing them for no real reason due to ignorance in production. It's sad to see.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero - 20

Also

Fate/Zero - 21

Holy shit at that
murder scene. No soundtrack. Just Kariya lamenting to himself as stills of him strangling his childhood friend quickly flash by before we finally see her on the ground on her last breath being strangled to death. Kariya just killed Sakura's mother. A.K.A, the mother of the girl he's been trying to save this whole time. When/if he does end up saving her, she's gonna learn that both her dad and her mom are now dead, one of them being killed by the very man who saved her. Good Lord.

Happiness is not this series' strong point.

Invaders 11
Yurika is the real hero here. She protected all the innocent civilians and contained the explosion all without anyone knowing about it. Anyhow end of the Kiriha arc. Man all this teasing of
time travel
makes me hope for a season 2. Otherwise, it would be pretty good for just a single season show

Mr.Jeff

Gundam Wing - 01
While I never saw the start (or indeed the ending) back when it was showing on Toonami 10 years ago, I saw enough that this is really hitting those nostalgia buttons hard. All I really remember was the girl with the evil eyebrows.

memory is fuzzy but I think it was Mondaiji?
It is .
DEEN is the big robot

Deen is not great for sure. but is not as bad as hater say it. Hater mostly come from VN fan since they are

1) whiniest and loudest fan compare to other Japanese media
(per capita)
2) VN generally hard to make a proper adaption. I think only Stein;Gate can be consider as "good VN adaption" from last.....10-20 years I guess.

Hence I am interesting to see how Ufotable deal with F/SN as their first VN work. it will be better compare to Deen ofc. but whether there is an outcry is remind to be seen.

I enjoy many Deen work. mainly comedy stuff.

anyway back to Log Horizon. seem only the Studio & animator is change but the the main staff still same. so we should not have worry too much in first place.

only thing that disappointing me is that we dont get new OP. Database is good but I kinda want new song
I don't mind deen , but they dropped the ball on some stuff , there is nothing wrong with admitting that.

As for LH Op , dabatase is stay is confirmed ? Maybe we'll get the second part of the sond then.
Invaders 11
Yurika is the real hero here. She protected all the innocent civilians and contained the explosion all without anyone knowing about it. Anyhow end of the Kiriha arc. Man all this teasing of
time travel
makes me hope for a season 2. Otherwise, it would be pretty good for just a single season show

Yurika is alwxays the hero. they wouldn't have done sh*t during the kidnapping arc if she wasn't there

Theonik

Fate/Zero - 20

Also

Fate/Zero - 21

Holy shit at that
IIRC in the rest of the universe
she survived the encounter but is in a vegetative state.

Narag

Gundam Wing - 01
While I never saw the start (or indeed the ending) back when it was showing on Toonami 10 years ago, I saw enough that this is really hitting those nostalgia buttons hard. All I really remember was the girl with the evil eyebrows.

Dorothy possesses the strong Khusrenada eyebrow.

Tenumi

Banned
Looking at the previews and such looks like I'll probably be watching at least 1 episode of:

Denki-gai no Honya-san
I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying
Log Horizon 2
Cross Ange
Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle
PSYCHO-PASS 2
Mysterious Joker
Amagi Brilliant Park

Asuming they are airing, of course. Can't seem to find consistent information sometimes...

Sailor Moon Crystal 06

This is where it's completely different from classic then. Tuxedo Mask reveals everything (even some stuff through the media), Luna reveals everything and even Queen Beryl takes action. Never read the manga, so seeing Sailor Moon just running away like that was surprising.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Persona 4 service the animation 11
Not only New Game+, they also set the difficulty to very easy.

Service! Service! Fan Service!

Dazzling Smile Hanakana version.

Animation quality still bad. Next episode, the final!

Midonin

SAO II 12

I'm not going to fault Asuna for not recognizing German. Reminds me of when I thought "eclectic" was a misspelling. As for Kirito, though, having this whole arc hinging on not remembering the name of a guy he met at some point is a little ridiculous, but at least the show is trying to inject some emotional stakes into things.

Since AZ episode 12 subs are out i can talk about now right? don't worry just thoughts, not spoiler

Aldnoah Zero 12

What the fuck? end like this? fucking Ei Aoki, the next episode is not next week, it's 3 fucking months later.

This fucking ending explained nothing and i don't even know what's the point of him exist in this show, i know noting about him after all.

Christ this show.

SAO II 12

Po2Xfza.jpg

"Obi-wan never told you why you don't remember my name!"

"He told me enough! He told me you didn't give it!"

"No Kirito-kun I
tried to but you didn't want it
"

"No....Nooo.... THAT'S NOT TRUE.. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE"

"Search your feelings, you know it to be Gary S-true"

kyDcUmm.gif

"Kirito-kun. You can destroy Gale-gun. I have foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me and we can take turns on Sinon as
guy whose name you don't remember
and friend"

Psycho-Pass 16

I'm not surprised that the show has gone the route of a general action show, but there's something that's still disappointing about it. Choreography is good even if the animation struggles to keep up at times, so it's at least entertaining. Didn't feel much about the death of
Kagari
and I think I was supposed to.

Psycho-Pass 17

.........this is the lamest plot twist ever. There's nothing even shocking about it, it's just, "That's it? That's dumb." Also,
Shogo's
escape is insanely stupid. It's like they were asking for him to do it.

Aldnoah Zero 12

Lol I haven't actually seen an episode of this show for a while now, I skip throughout them but
they really were trying to pair up the princess and Inaho
which was one of the two things I begged to not happen. Also it's hilarious how many times the show
kills the princess
for the sake of drama and sad music, I'm fucking laughing. Fuck you show. You don't deserve me coming back to watch you and give you an actual try.

From what I actually watched of the show it gets a
5/10.

Clov

Bought some anime today:

Wow, I had no idea that Australia (is that where they're from?) had a collection like that. That's really neat! Looks like it's using the same kind of case that NISA's release of Cardcaptor Sakura. Can't say I'm super fond of that sort of case.

Wow, I had no idea that Australia (is that where they're from?) had a collection like that. That's really neat! Looks like it's using the same kind of case that NISA's release of Cardcaptor Sakura. Can't say I'm super fond of that sort of case.

Nah. It's Scandinavian.

Why does Crunchyroll look like shit on the PS4?

Is it sub 1080P?

There's issues sometimes specifically with the app where the stream is shit. Whenever Samurai Flamenco would come out, and sometimes even Onii-sama, I'd have to watch it in the website because the ps4 app was super pixelated or wouldn't load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom