• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankoto

Momo Kyun Sword 11
I never noticed how silly the "I'm stronger because I found my resolve," can be at times. She was practically a ragdoll for an Oni a few episodes ago, and now she absolutely destroyed him in seconds flat. She didn't even get a power up to win that fight either. That happened later on in the episode.

cajunator

Banned
So guys, is Eureka Seven Season 1 really great? Blurays are just under $60 together.

Yes. Aside from the stupid kids. Stupid shitty kids.

Fucking Christ. Someone wrote up the first two episodes of Cross Ange, as they were at the premiere. Shit sounds worse in context.

irisinabottle.kinja.com/cross-ange-...lusive-episode-1-1638457731?rev=1411537491933

I can't

How did nobody put the brakes on this?

Is this one of those train wreck shows you cant look away from and cry through the pain?

Hugstable

Banned
Gurren Lagann 06

Follow the pink rabbit.

It's one half clip-show and the other half relaxing at a hot spring. Although it's all quite suspicious...

AHh nice you're watching it! Everything is gonna start going uphill from here on, Episode 4 was just a bit weird since it had all the different animation.

Steins; Gate is one of my favorites. Pay attention to every little thing, you never know what might be relevant later.

Aw man, I'm terrible at paying attention to the little things the first time around. >_<

This is gonna be one of those shows where I'll have to watch it again in order for my mind to truly be blown isn't it?

Like, when I watched Baccano! and then watched it again from the beginning, I was astounded by how everything made more sense to me the second time around.

But I should still have a fun time with this on the first go.

Gurren Lagann 06

It's one half clip-show and the other half relaxing at a hot spring. Although it's all quite suspicious...

Holy crap you're plowing through this fast. O_O.

By the way, episode 6 wasn't originally a clip show. What you viewed was the inferior cut version. The uncut version is much better and funnier.

By the way, episode 6 wasn't originally a clip show. What you viewed was the inferior cut version. The uncut version is much better and funnier.

Hehe, gonna try to get through it all by the end of the week or beginning of next.

And, oh? Why did they change it?

Hehe, gonna try to get through it all by the end of the week or beginning of next.

And, oh? Why did they change it?

The second half of the plot in the uncut version of episode 6 was not a clip show, but rather about
Kamina trying to see the girls naked and getting continuously trolled by the beastman who ran the place.

It's a darned shame, because the gags in the uncut version were freaking hilarious.

cajunator

Banned
They used to do it for me, but ended up saying that they could only do it up to 1 month after the placement of thee order. Guess that's gone now too though.

Also, do you know if it's easy to change payment methods with them? I get a new card in October, so I need to change payment on my Sailor Moon (with coin} and Nisekoi releases. But I want to preorder all this stuff while the sale is active.

Guess i'm in for Log Horizon, Non Non Biyori, and Maid-sama.

Wait a second...

Qwaser of Stigmata Complete Collection (BD/DVD, sub-only)

Oh shit guys.

Fuck yeah.

Dog and Scissors finally on bluray. Im really considering it because of the masochist best girl editor but the show is really not very good. Im conflicted.

I must be the only one who isn't shocked by anything in anime anymore.

'anal rape with a stick? Bah. You should see whats coming up next week!'

Not that I agree with it mind. Otaku pandering bullshit is usually disgusting.
But its not unexpected. Especially these days.

Im not surprised at ANYTHING anime does now.

I should note that there is some discussion/argument that the scene is someone installing a control system into her lower back. I think though that's somebody's conjecture rather than seeing the actual scene. The storyboarding in any case does seem to imply that some form of assault occurred just due to the number of people coming out of the event who have that impression.

Show sounds fucking terrible either way though. Either it was boring enough that nobody watching gave a shit about any of the details or they went for full shock value.

This sounds like some Ar tonelico sorta stuff going on here.

Gurren Lagann 07

wSiYXr9.jpg

Well, that's one huge gunmen. Also, thatsapenis.gif

But, the bigger they are the harder they fall, at least for the first round. And other humans have been inspired by Gurren Lagann as well.

The second half of the plot in the uncut version was not a clip show, but rather about
Kamina trying to see the girls naked and getting continuously trolled by the beastman who ran the place.

It's a darned shame, because the gags in the uncut version were freaking hilarious.

Oh, ok.

cajunator

Banned
Aw man, I'm terrible at paying attention to the little things the first time around. >_<

This is gonna be one of those shows where I'll have to watch it again in order for my mind to truly be blown isn't it?

Like, when I watched Baccano! and then watched it again from the beginning, I was astounded by how everything made more sense to me the second time around.

But I should still have a fun time with this on the first go.

Yeah Steins; Gate is very detailed and you have to pay attention to all of it. It really is a show you might appreciate more on second viewing once you know the things to look for. You will be like Ohhh so thats why that was relevant!
I love butterfly effect stories.

Imported from Australia :p

What kind of player do I need to make that work?
You guys share region with Australia right?

What kind of player do I need to make that work?
You guys share region with Australia right?

A region free DVD player, or a PC with a DVD drive if you use that to watch DVDs.

And, no. Europe is region 2 and Australia is region 4 for DVDs. We share Blu-ray region though, but no BD release of those two.

mankoto

Momo Kyun Sword 12 END
This ending episode felt all over the place and didn't make sense half the time.

Regardless, at the end of the day, it was nothing more than a fun guilty pleasure that didn't have much of a story to begin with. Onihime is truly the best.

cajunator

Banned
A region free DVD player, or a PC with a DVD drive if you use that to watch DVDs.

And, no. Europe is region 2 and Australia is region 4 for DVDs. We share Blu-ray region though, but no BD release of those two.

ohh so its DVD? My roommate has an old Oppo player that can play region free.

Not yet. I also didn't find much controversy with it anywhere else but here.

There's always some mild controversy about the manga in various places, but it still has its fans including a few black guys I know like DTL and a few other guys in mangagaf (I think Wiseblade might be a fan, but not positive). I don't think people take it too seriously.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
There's always some mild controversy about the manga in various places, but it still has its fans including a few black guys I know like DTL and a few other guys in mangagaf (I think Wiseblade might be a fan, but not positive). I don't think people take it too seriously.
I agree. I showed the manga and the ova to my friends and they didn't say it was controversial.

rrvv

I enjoy Terraformars. It maybe get silly and ridiculous sometimes. but I like "what if this person have this power" segment. yeah controversy is there. especially how they handling with nationalism and racism.

TUSR

Banned
If Kill la Kill was the result the first time, I'd rather they not.

I'm sure LWA2 will be good, though! It better be at least; I've already paid for it!

KyoAni's Amagi Brilliant Park will save it next.

I want LWA2 so badly.

zulux21

KyoAni's Amagi Brilliant Park will save it next.

I want LWA2 so badly.

your delusional, obviously Idea Factory will save anime.
they will hype up a new tv series for the next few months and then finally reveal the savoir of anime.

a full blown Mars of destruction TV series and all will be right with the world :p

i mean how can it go bad if they get the original guys who did the music to come back and do the music again

:p

jgminto

Free! Eternal Summer 13

It's all over. That was quite an emotional finish too. While I wasn't a fan of the recap of the series, it felt unnecessary and just there to pad out the episode, the scene just after had me tearing up something fierce. It's quite impressive that they were able to go from eye-rolling at the end of season one to an actual emotion response this season. It's definitely the best Kyoani-produced show I've seen, though that's not saying much. I still wish the series would have dipped into actual romance instead of hints and nudges. I love sappy romance stuff so seeing that with a gay cast would have melted my heart.

Lurky

Prisma Illya 3

I have finally recovered enough from the last episode to try this again.
This episode... I think I love this show. Most definitely the best anime of the season. Hopefully, they have a
harem
end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom