• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Between LWA and KLK Trigger has pretty much come out even for me. But, looking at their new show, it's not looking great. Maybe Ninja Slayer will be amazing?

Lurky

Prisma Illya 4

Pretty good episode. Not much to say about it though... For some reason I noticed a large increase in the number of butts for this one. Or did I just not notice it before? I do recall a lot of ass shots but not to this extent.

cajunator

Banned
Prisma Illya 4

Pretty good episode. Not much to say about it though... For some reason I noticed a large increase in the number of butts for this one. Or did I just not notice it before? I do recall a lot of ass shots but not to this extent.

Its a cute series but I didnt honestly expect it to be so lewd.

Narag

But even so, I still love this show. It was great fun to watch. Though I mostly agree with your highlights of the show, if I had to add one, it would be
the Requiem for Uvogin scene. Where the Troupe members go on a murderous rampage through the night whilst a Mozart piece plays that goes over the ED.

I'll agree with Nintendoman in adding the
Requiem for Uvogin
episode, but 125/126 and 131 were the best, waited a long ass time to see that animated.

That's a really good point to be made. The Phantom Troupe is ostensibly a group of super villains and seeing them cut loose was awesome. Couple that with the notion of it being retaliation against another criminal element and it's easy to sympathize with them.

I hope KLK was comercially successful for Trigger. I'd hate for Imaishi and the rest of the team to get forced to do adaptations of harem light novels to keep the lights on.

cajunator

Banned
I hope KLK was comercially successful for Trigger. I'd hate for Imaishi and the rest of the team to get forced to do adaptations of harem light novels to keep the lights on.

Im sure it was but..arent they making a harem show like that anyway? Or is that the joke and im an idiot?

TUSR

Banned

The BD sales were lower than I expected tbh.

Taking into account there were 9 volumes released in JP, they sold around 100k for the series.

fertygo

The BD sales were lower than I expected tbh.

Taking into account there were 9 volumes released in JP, they sold around 100k for the series.

Well its fall into "pretty good" range, I guess they won't disappointed.. its quite big at western audience too.

TUSR

Banned
Well its fall into "pretty good" range, I guess they won't disappointed.. its quite big at western audience too.

They average 11k for each Volume and thats just JP releases. The show is quite popular in NA.

Fun fact: Mahouka has been selling over 12k a volume. With V3 coming out next week in JP, I know the novels have been selling well too since the show has aired.

Mahouka guaranteed S2. OVA will include
beach/summer vacation

Joe Molotov

Yes! Precure 5 Go Go! 48 END

Sayonara Bunbee-san, secret best Precure leader, and Kawarino who somehow survived the first series despite getting sucked into hell and is working out of a shed with Bunbee.

WhNCl1M.jpg

R.I.P. to the best evil, megane, monster girl OL in anime history. You put it all on the line for your man, but in the end he was kind of a dick. Actually, he was dick at the first and in the middle too, but love is blind. So it has to wear glasses.

Good riddance to all the other villians that were pretty lame and we didn't care about. Scorp was the only other one that was cool, and they killed him off in like the 7th episode. Director was the lamest of all, what a twat.

And so long to all the weird mascot things that were in love with our human Precure girls in defiance of God and Nature, except in the second season they basically ignored the romance subplot so maybe that's been retconned out in NewPrecure52, except Nozomi totally kissed Coco RIGHT ON THE MOUTH(!!!) for all the world to see in the Go Go Movie, but he was being mind-controlled at the time and plus it was a movie (and those things are barely even canon) so maybe that doesn't count.

And a special farewell to Milk, who was less annoying in Go Go, mainly because she was barely ever even in her mascot form, and was actually kinda cool in this series.

I guess now I'm either gonna watch Futari wa or Suite.

It was reported through inserts included with the 7th BD/DVD volume that Kyoukai was getting a movie back in July which would open in theatres in spring of 2015. This was just the announcement CM that aired following the final episode of Free! Eternal Summer. Nothing new (footage or news).

Defuser

Once upon a time Guilty Crown was hailed as the saviour of anime.

I'm pretty sure nobody thought of that when it was announced that the worst writer in history Hiroyuki Yoshino is behind it.

Mawaru PenguinDrum - Zomg! Ikuhara will save anime!!!
Kids on the slope - Zomg! Watanabe will save anime!!
Space Dandy - Zomg! Watanabe will again try to save anime!!!

Trigger will never save anime, KLK wasn't it and LWA isn't a full fledge series. Trigger = Platinum games.

mankoto

Ao Haru Ride 10
Pretty much nothing happened. Just as Kou and Yuuri said, and now she feels bad about it. Once again, she and Yuuri confided in each other about their feelings over Kou. All in the while, we get his backstory regarding his mother. Now it's understandable as to why he's so cold and seemingly noncaring.

Welcome to the NHK 1

From my Japanese pop culture class.

So our hero is a highly unstable LEET who places all of the blame for his highly unstable life on a conspiracy organization known to him as the NHK and gets selected for a project of some sorts by the heroine. Also he appears to have a Nun fetish.

Yep nothing unconventional about this premise.

They average 11k for each Volume and thats just JP releases. The show is quite popular in NA.

Fun fact: Mahouka has been selling over 12k a volume. With V3 coming out next week in JP, I know the novels have been selling well too since the show has aired.

Mahouka guaranteed S2. OVA will include
beach/summer vacation

I wish 10k+ sales guaranteed additional seasons.

Steins;Gate - 2

Clearly, microwaved teleporting (time-travelling?) banana's are going to be the things that have the most impact on the plot here. I gotta make sure I pay attention to those!

cajunator

Banned
I'm pretty sure nobody thought of that when it was announced that the worst writer in history Hiroyuki Yoshino is behind it.

Mawaru PenguinDrum - Zomg! Ikuhara will save anime!!!
Kids on the slope - Zomg! Watanabe will save anime!!
Space Dandy - Zomg! Watanabe will again try to save anime!!!

Trigger will never save anime, KLK wasn't it and LWA isn't a full fledge series. Trigger = Platinum games.

penguindrum DID save anime

Welcome to the NHK 1

From my Japanese pop culture class.

So our hero is a highly unstable LEET who places all of the blame for his highly unstable life on a conspiracy organization known to him as the NHK and gets selected for a project of some sorts by the heroine. Also he appears to have a Nun fetish.

This is such a great series. It explores all kinds of subjects not just Neets. It is surprisingly serious though. Didnt expect that given how it began.

zulux21

I remember reading in a few places that Mahouka's novel sales were extremely important with the release of the show.

I imagine if the novel sales really pick up thanks to the anime, and the anime itself sells well that they would be inclined to make another series of anime for it.

Why? Didn't the show(thankfully) bomb?
Gotta push those light novel sales.
Not sure what you mean. Didn't KnK sell better than Tamako?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109699&page=2 said:
Tamako Market **,488+*3,196=*3,684 (6) (Kyoto Animation/Sentai Filmworks)
2013/03/20 **,617 Vol. 1 (Two episodes up to Vol. 6)
04/17 **,474 Vol. 2
05/15 **,462 Vol. 3
06/19 **,433 Vol. 4
07/17 **,453 Vol. 5
2013/03/20 *4,059 Vol. 1
04/17 *3,379 Vol. 2
05/15 *3,328 Vol. 3
06/19 *2,845 Vol. 4
07/17 *2,745 Vol. 5
08/21 *2,823 Vol. 6

Beyond the Boundary (Kyoukai no Kanata) *1,025+*3,306=*4,331 (7) (Kyoto Animation/Sentai Filmworks)
2014/01/08 *2,156 Vol. 1 (Two episodes up to Vol. 7)
2014/02/05 **,889 Vol. 2
2014/03/05 **,859 Vol. 3
2014/04/02 **,768 Vol. 4
2014/05/14 **,817 Vol. 5
2014/06/04 **,755 Vol. 6
2014/07/02 **,929 Vol. 7 (including one unaired episode)
2014/01/08 *4,590 Vol. 1
2014/02/05 *3,353 Vol. 2
2014/03/05 *3,139 Vol. 3
2014/04/02 *2,984 Vol. 4
2014/05/14 *2,948 Vol. 5
2014/06/04 *2,851 Vol. 6
2014/07/02 *3,268 Vol. 7
Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom