• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
Dat character design. Kill me.

Mushishi 08

I may be wrong, coming back to this show after a long while, but this stories seem to be getting more and more depressing the further I delve into the series. At this rate, I will be swallowing bottles of antidepressants at the end of the season. Even if they focused more on acceptance rather than loss here.

Liked this one quite a lot. The plot reminded me a bit of 5cm per Second. (Shinkai you fraud !)The fact that Ginko didn't have any magic solution to the mushi problem and was more of an observer to the whole tale made it a refreshing episode andhe sudden hope for a happy ending and the subsequent crushing of it was well executed. Good stuff.

So I've watched a bunch of Mushishi lately after going slow originally and am already within Zoku ep04. I dunno, towards the end of Mushishi I just started to enjoy the show more and more, even though it was already solid and not too much changed.

But damn if there aren't some demented mushi/stories in there.

Jarmel

Banned
kn358JX.gif

You'll be in your Bunk?

[Urusei Yatsura] - 130
Shocking News: New girl is a troll.
Expending too much time with the principal, didn't understand anything of the rakugo play.
I love Ryuunosuke's father trick, that alien is way to hard on males.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nah, Kanokon looks like trash.

Polt (the kobold) is great however. She's a fitness nut. Y'all just mirin her gains.

jbug617

Banned
Pony Canon US got Etotama
http://www.rightstufanime.com/ETOTAMA-Collectors-Edition-BD-DVD-CD-GWP
CJleMumUsAAK7R8.jpg:large

Customers who pre-order this item by August 31st will also receive a special illustration card set!
Contains episodes 1-4 plus a special opening theme song CD, a deluxe booklet, and 2 collectible wall pin-up pictures illustrated by original character designer Akio Watanabe.
Special Features: Clean Opening, TV Commerical Collections.
Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles, Spanish subtitles.

Tuck

Ushio to Tora 2

This anime is too good. The comedy was on point and made me laugh various times. It was such an enjoyable episode, I loved seeing Ushio and Tora's interactions together. It felt really dynamic and seeing Tora totally surprised at a TV was Hilario to watch. Kappa has done a great job so far. The animation still looks good as well as the OST. This show is definitely one of my favorite this season, it's just so enjoyable.

Opening and Ending are great.
Agreed! Show is great so far.

Ushio to Tora - 02

The scene in the beginning where they started fighting each other in public got a laugh out of me, especially when they showed how it looked for the "normal" people. I think the comedy bits works well.
I like how they did the "other realm" in this with the colors and effects, in comparison with the OVA where it looked like someone turned the light off.

Nice to hear that the weighty sound effect from the spear remains, I like it a lot. I think this was a step up from the first episode. Looking forward to more.

Gbraga

Ushio to Tora 2

This is as 90s shounen as it gets, and I absolutely love it. Naruto wishes it had character development like this between Kurama and Naruto.

Regarding Prison School, I'm getting the impression I'm better off just reading the manga and ignoring the anime, is that correct?

Barakamon 1-5

This show is just so good. All of the characters are great, and seeing the protagonist's progression as he learns with them is just amazing. Also, seeing a beach episode with no revealing swimsuits or fan service? This is too good. Just pure fun and great writing with no need for tropes. HOW DID I MISS THIS LAST YEAR.

Barakamon 1-5

This show is just so good. All of the characters are great, and seeing the protagonist's progression as he learns with them is just amazing. Also, seeing a beach episode with no revealing swimsuits or fan service? This is too good. Just pure fun and great writing with no need for tropes. HOW DID I MISS THIS LAST YEAR.

Brah if it weren't for someone on AnimeGaf who recommended this series when it first aired I would of most likely miss it as well. Thank god it was recommended because this special show would of flew right past me. I really loved every character in Barakamon, they felt realistic and had expressive personalities. You can really recommend this series to just about anyone.

KazenY2J

Barakamon 1-5

I remember watching the first episode while it was airing and liked it, but never got back to it.
Should watch it again.

Ushio to Tora 2

This is as 90s shounen as it gets, and I absolutely love it. Naruto wishes it had character development like this between Kurama and Naruto.

Regarding Prison School, I'm getting the impression I'm better off just reading the manga and ignoring the anime, is that correct?

Aside from the fast pacing (which I didn't really have a problem with) it's still a hilarious show.

She's no main girl though.

And no Manako

Classroom Crisis 02

This show is super boring. Maybe I'm going to drop it if the third episode is as bad as the first two.

Zombina still has a great design though even if she ain't a main girl.

Please tell me you prefer the MON squad to the main cast.

Crocodile

Prison School 1

This would have been excellent if they didn't try to cram 1.5 episodes worth of content into 1 episode ;_;

The later chapters are better, I hope they slow down in future episodes. Are they really going to cram the entire first arc into 12-13 episodes?

You're right, its more like 0%

Got boobs to show, gotta censor with rainbows.
Can't stick around, can't keep the run-time too long,
Guess what lies ahead, only one way to find out!
Must keep on buying the Blu-rays,
No time for imagination, pre-order the manga instead.
Trusting in what you can't read,
Press the button, I'll set your wallet free.

This is amazing <3

Link Man

Banned
Hmm, watched the first episode of Aria the Animation, and am now greatly tempted to buy the DVD set. It's a great price already, but I'm wondering if it would be a better idea to wait and see if the blu-ray set comes to the west. Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Prison School 1

This would have been excellent if they didn't try to cram 1.5 episodes worth of content into 1 episode ;_;

The later chapters are better, I hope they slow down in future episodes. Are they really going to cram the entire first arc into 12-13 episodes?

It's going to be Tokyo Ghoul all over again.&#128524;

Yeah I'm just joking that won't happen unless J.C Staff really fucks up like I mean really bad. Thankfully I can't see that happening.

Hey, found some internet in Venice.

All I have to say is I had no idea Sore ga Seiyuu is by the Hayate guy.

That's all. Back to having no internet for a a week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom